Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Secret of the Numbers

+8
The Dubstep Dealer
Prince Vegeta
Phoenix
Potus-Mat
CoolSun
vem123
SillyDude
Johnny Raptor
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Secret of the Numbers - Page 2 Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Secret of the Numbers

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-10-24, 05:34

I honestly wanted to stop because I'm not getting any criticism, much less any constructive ones for that matter.

Why the HELL do I wanna be a writer? =/
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Secret of the Numbers - Page 2 Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Secret of the Numbers

Post  Phraxure 2011-10-24, 07:40

Aren't these just episodes from ZeXaL? o,o
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-10-24, 10:59

Nah, it's a total rewrite and cop-out of certain things. You'll figure out the rewrite parts, and then the parts I just throw in out of my own free will.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rarikou 2011-10-24, 19:55

You're doing a good job

I don't know much about Zexal, (exceed summoning is a nightmare) but I like what I've read. Keep it up!
Rarikou
Rarikou

Birthday : 1993-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-10-24, 21:36

“Shark…” Yuma sat in the waiting room, his head in his hands as he felt sorry for the adolescent that fought to protect his pendant. The boy looked to the pendant that hung on his neck and grabbed it, holding it tightly. “Why? Why couldn’t I do anything to help Shark? Is this… my fault…?”

“Yuma…” Kotori watched the boy who sat there sadly. She walked over to him, about to reach out to him in order to comfort him. She stopped, and looked away. Yuma, I don’t know how to help you out of this slump…

“What do you mean that boy had no family visits?!” Mrs. Mizuki questioned, glaring at the girl behind the counter. Mrs. Mizuki was a tall woman wearing business-like attire, and had green hair that slicked more towards one side of her head than the other. She wore rectangular glasses that took up no less than 1/16th of her face.

“I mean that Ryoga Kamishiro has had no one visit him, other than the three of you. Two more people going by the last name of Takeda are coming, as well as a Todoroki Takashi, but that’s it. No one related to Ryoga has visited him this entire time” the nurse behind the counter answered sadly.

“Shark had no family to visit him…?” Kotori whispered before looking at the door to the operation room, where the doctors were handling Shark’s wounds.

“Kotori! Yuma!” Tetsuo barged through the door, panting heavily as if he were running a mile track just to get to the hospital. “I came when I got the news!” the boy walked over to Yuma, silencing his heavy breaths as he witnessed the sad-looking boy. “Hey now, come on, cheer up” the large boy placed a hand on Yuma’s shoulder.

“How can I cheer up…?” Yuma asked quietly as a droplet landed on the floor. “How can I cheer up, knowing a precious comrade of mine was sent to the hospital all because I was careless?!” the boy shouted. He sniffled as yet another droplet landed on the ground, and Tetsuo moved his hand away from Yuma.

“Yuma, you’ve gotta understand that it wasn’t your fault. Just because you lost your key, and Shark happened to pick it up and get into a rough fight doesn’t mean it’s your fault” Tetsuo took another attempt to try and help out his best friend.

“Shut up! You wouldn’t know anything about what happened!” Yuma responded, removing his hands from his face before standing up straight, looking Tetsuo in the eyes with his puffy red ones. He looked at both of his friends, wiping his tears away. “I know you guys wanna make me feel better, but there’s nothing you guys can do…” the boy clenched his fists tightly. “You weren’t there… you wouldn’t know how it felt to stand there and watch Shark take a hit like that!” Yuma shouted.

“Yuma, I know you’re upset, but that’s no way to talk to my daughter” Mrs. Mizuki responded, looking at the boy with a frown on her face.

“But you don’t know how it feels to stand there and be useless! I was just standing there. I could’ve told them to stop the Duel, but no, I was just standing there. I watched Shark take the final hit in that duel!” Yuma began tearing up again, and the boy ripped off his pendant, revealing it to everyone who looked at him. “You see this?! This is what Shark fought for! He fought to protect something I carelessly lost!” the boy began to walk away from the people in the waiting room.

“Wait, Yuma!” Kotori was about to give chase, but Tetsuo took the girl by the shoulder. She looked at him, watching him shake his head.

“Give it time. Some things just can’t be fixed by us” Tetsuo advised.

“But I can’t… I can’t leave Yuma like that!” Kotori escaped Tetsuo’s grip, and chased behind Yuma, exiting the waiting room alongside the saddened boy.

“Yuma” the girl called out.

“…” Yuma did not answer her, as if he were ignoring her. He exited the hospital building, into the rainy outdoors.

“Yuma, let’s go back inside, you’re gonna catch a cold” the girl requested, trying to pull the boy back into the hospital. It was to no avail, for the boy didn’t even move an inch.

“Kotori… just leave me alone… I’m done with this. How can I be a Duel Champion if I can’t win, and if I can’t even help out a friend?” Yuma asked, looking at the girl with a forced smile. He shook his head. “I’m an idiot for losing this key, and an idiot for letting Shark carry on that Duel in the condition he was in…” the boy remembered how exhausted Shark appeared to be during the Duel when he entered the fray.

“Yuma it couldn’t be helped. You didn’t know things would turn out that way just to get your key” Kotori patted the boy’s shoulder.

“It could’ve been helped! I said it before, I could’ve just stepped in and stopped the Duel. I could’ve turn Kaito’s attention to me, but I didn’t, and look where Shark ended up!”

“But if you were the one facing Kaito, you’d be in the same state, or worse! Shark’s tough, he can handle things like this better than you, but you… I don’t know how I’d handle it…” Kotori looked at the boy, tears at the corners of her eyes. “Yuma, if you were to be hurt like that… I wouldn’t know what to do…”

“You don’t understand how it feels to be useless! To just stand there on the sidelines, and watch your precious comrade fall unconscious in front of y-“ before the boy could finish his sentence, Kotori landed a hard slap across Yuma’s cheek. The boy fell to his knees, eyes wide in surprise with a red mark where Kotori had slapped him.

“I don’t know anything about ‘being on the sidelines’? I don’t know about ‘being useless’?!” Kotori clenched her little fists, and then glared at Yuma with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Everyday, I’m stuck feeling useless because I can’t help you! You’re always in danger ever since the Numbers came into our lives!” the girl shouted.

“Kotori…” Yuma blinked, feeling her words slowly sink into him.

“Yuma! Every day, I’m worried because I don’t know when you could die! Ever since that incident with Jin, I’ve been afraid that you could suddenly up and disappear from my life! I’m afraid that one day, you’ll leave and never come back! I’m afraid that one day… one day… you’ll end up like those guys in the news…” the girl’s tears flowed freely, mixing perfectly with the rain as they rolled off her cheek and dropped onto the ground. “But I’m always hanging on… I’m hanging on to the words you say. I’m hanging on to our friendship, and always pray that you pull through and win battles that could get you killed…” the girl placed a hand over her heart, her eyes becoming red and puffy as those words escaped her lips.

“…I’ve made you feel… useless too…?” Yuma asked, staring at the girl in surprise. Gently, the boy placed a hand over the red mark Kotori left on his cheek.

“Yuma, she’s right” Astral materialized out of nowhere from Yuma’s key, crossing his arms as he stared down at the boy.

“Astral…?”

“Yuma. You can’t just shoulder this burden, especially when it wasn’t your fault. Shark is your friend, but he’s a friend to others as well. You’re better off not worrying about him” Astral said, smiling down at the boy. “He’s tough, and can handle a lot of things. He resisted losing to Kaito just enough to make it so they tied rather than him losing” the spirit slowly descended upon the boy. “Yuma, you’re one of my precious comrades too. I can’t just let you hurt yourself simply because you feel like something irrelevant is your fault.”

“Astral… Kotori…” Yuma looked at the two who were smiling down at him.

“Yuma, come on…” Kotori extended an arm out toward Yuma. “Let’s go back inside. You’re gonna get a cold” the girl smiled down at her childhood best friend.

Yuma smiled shakily, reaching out to the girl. Their hands met, holding onto one another tightly as the girl helped him up. The girl smiled with a slight blush at the corners of her cheekbones before propping the boy into the hospital. “Kotori…” Yuma muttered, shaking his head with a smile across his face. “Thanks… Thank you for always being there, even when it hurts to keep standing…” the boy chuckled, remembering several childhood memories that Yuma and Kotori shared together.

“It’s nothing, Yuma. That’s what friends are for, right?” Kotori answered with a smile as the two entered the hospital, on their way to the waiting room.

“Brother!” Haruto stared at Kaito with his wide-eyed expression.

“He’s fine, don’t worry about it” Mr. Heartland said with a chuckle. “He just overdid himself, and overcharged into Critical 95%” the man commented, pushing his glasses up his nose. “Although it’s strange that one Duel could bring this boy so close to 100%. That Duelist must have been powerful to have induced Kaito into unconsciously rising to that level of power…” the mayor of Heartland scratched his chin.

“That Duelist… What’s his name…?” Haruto asked, glaring at Mr. Heartland. “Tell me his name!”

“Haruto, there would be no point in you knowing his name. In your condition, you cannot come out of this base, and besides, you’ve still got work to do for our Master Dr. Faker” Mr. Heartland answered. “However, I believe Kaito and that Duelist will cross paths one more time. If not today, then maybe during the World Duel Carnival.”

“…Brother…” Haruto looked back to Kaito, restraining his tears. “Please, wake up soon… please…” the boy begged as he rested his head on his older brother’s chest. “Please...” the boy whispered.

Mr. Heartland patted the boy’s head, “Do not fret. Kaito is still alive, but he’s just tired. Leave him to rest, and he should wake up sometime tomorrow. He’s just feeling drained from going into Critical 95%” the man reassured Kaito’s younger brother.

“Mr. Heartland, can you just… leave my brother and I alone…?” Haruto whispered quietly. The man nodded his head in respect to the younger sibling’s wish, and walked away. “Brother… please don’t leave me… never leave me alone…” the boy tightened his hands on Kaito’s sheets, tearing and sniffling.

“Hehehehe…” a cloaked figure chuckled, rubbing his gloved hands together as if he were thinking of a devious plot. “So, you’re telling me this ‘Astral’ hides in another kid, right?” the cloaked figure asked in a deep voice. The figure nodded their head several times. “Yes, yes. So you want me to Duel that kid over there?” the cloaked figure pointed in the direction of a seated Yuma. The boy was seated on a bench, looking up towards the sky with a frown across his face. “I see, I see…” the cloaked figure muttered before stepping forward. “How do you suppose I do it?” The man stepped towards Yuma, nodding. “I see. Heh, this boy won’t even know what hit him…” a soft glow on the figure’s forehead appeared, revealing the number 96.

“That Kaito…” Yuma sighed deeply.

“What’s the matter, Yuma?” Astral materialized before the boy, tilting his head.

“Kaito’s amazingly powerful… He was enough to force a tie with Shark…” Yuma answered quietly. “At this rate… I dunno if I could face Kaito again…” the boy’s memories flashed back to the very last minute of despair when Kaito almost won his Duel with Yuma. “That Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is strong, but then that Galaxy-Eyes Evolution Dragon’s effect…” the boy shivered. “How am I gonna face that?” he looked at Astral, who appeared to think the same thing as the boy. He sighed deeply.

“Yuma Tsukumo!” a voice called out immediately.

Yuma leaped off his seat in surprise and looked in the direction of the cloaked man. “W-Who are yo-“ the boy stopped for a moment, seeing the soft glow beneath the hood of the cloaked man. “Numbers! How do you know my name?!” the boy demanded.

“Does it matter, kid? You’ve got Numbers, and I’ve got one too! Let’s just get this over with!” the man demanded.

“Sounds like fighting words! Fine then! I’ll bring it to ya!” Yuma back-flipped to put distance between him and his opponent. He then raised his D-Pad and loaded it onto his Duel Disk as he put on his D-Gazer.

“Well that was easy…” the cloaked man muttered with a sweat drop. “DUEL!” both he and Yuma declared as the Alternate Reality formed around the two Duelists.

Yuma: 4000

Player: 4000

Turn 1

“I’ll let you go first, kid” the cloaked figure stated, sounding as confident as confident could be.

“Heh, fine then!” Yuma swiped the top card of his deck and frowned at the hand he began with.

“Not a single Monster…” Astral noted. “It seems that you’re not too lucky right now” the alien spirit commented.

“I’ll set two cards facedown and end my turn” Yuma declared as two vertically facedown cards appeared before the boy.

Turn 2

“My move, draw!” the man grinned widely as he revealed the first card in his hand. “First I’ll summon Archfiend Mirror!” the man commanded as a mirror appeared before him. Suddenly, standing behind the mirror, a lizard-like demon rose from the ground. It was short and nonthreatening, but the red-eyed green demon roared.

Archfiend Mirror: 700 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 2

“I’ll set one card. Archfiend Mirror, attack Yuma directly!!” the cloaked man commanded as the lizard demon launched a blast of flame from the mirror in it’s sharp claws.

“Trap Card open!” Yuma commanded as his trap flipped open. “Damage Searcher!” the boy said as a red barrier opened around him, blocking the attack of the demon that held the mirror. “With this trap, I negate the direct attack of an opponent’s Monster, and then I add a Monster with DEF Points equal to or less than the damage I would’ve taken” the boy grinned.

“Good one, Yuma. You turned an opponent’s attack into a Monster for your hand” Astral commented.

“I’ll add Goblindbergh!” Yuma declared as he placed the Monster into his hand.

“Tch” the cloaked man took two cards in his hand and placed them facedown, and then pixels formed, creating facedown cards in front of the cloaked man. “I’ll set 2 cards and end my turn, kid.”

Turn 3

“My turn!” Yuma drew his next card, and then grinned.

“Yuma, summon Goblindbergh and then summon Gagaga Magician to summon No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope” Astral recommended.

“I know, I know already! I’ll Normal Summon Goblindbergh!” Yuma commanded as three airplanes flew in from behind him, carrying a large object between them. The goblin pilots all grinned and raised their thumbs as they entered the battlefield.

Goblindbergh: 1400 ATK / 0 DEF | Level 4

“I activate Goblindbergh’s effect! When it’s Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon a Level 4 Monster in my hand!” Yuma declared as the airplanes all unloaded their chains, releasing the large object they carried. The object burst into pieces, revealing a silver-haired magician wearing armor and chains all around him. “I’ll Special Summon Gagaga Magician!!” Yuma excitedly announced.

Gagaga Magician: 1500 ATK / 1000 DEF | Level 4

“Goblindbergh now switches to Defense Position when it uses that effect” Yuma slid the card into a horizontal position. The goblins all leaped out of their airplanes after landing, and then huddled together.

Goblindbergh: 0 DEF / 1400 ATK | Level 4

“Hold on there, kid! I activate a Trap called Tragedy!” the man grinned widely. “Now, when a Monster on the field switches to Defense Position, all Defense Position Monsters on your side of the field are destroyed!” the man laughed as Goblinbergh immediately shattered to pixels.

“Tch…” Yuma looked at his field, now only holding a Gagaga Magician on his field. “Alright, no biggy!”

“Yuma, he knew what we were planning and used that card wisely…” Astral noted. “Could it be possible that he’s seen you around before?”

“Nah, don’t think so” Yuma denied it. “Battle! Gagaga Magician, attack Archfiend Mirror! Gagaga Magic!!” the boy commanded as his magician leaped into action, throwing a punch in the direction of the Monster he was attacking. Suddenly, waves of purple magic shot forth at the target.

“I’ve got another one for you, kid! Trap Card open!” the man commanded as he gestured an arm to the Trap that flipped face-up. “Waboku!” he began to chuckle as a barrier suddenly appeared around both his Monster and himself. The waves of magic were suddenly deflected, and the barrier slowly went down. “During this turn, Monsters I control aren’t destroyed in battle” the man explained.

Player: 4000

“Then you should be taking damage!” Yuma complained.

“Whoops, I forgot to mention that I can’t take Battle Damage this turn” the man chuckled, sounding cocky.

“I’ll end my turn!” Yuma gestured an arm toward his opponent.

“Yuma, aren’t you getting an odd vibe from this Duel?” Astral questioned, looking at the boy.

“I dunno what you’re talking about, Astral” Yuma answered with a shrug.

Turn 4

“Draw!” the man swiped a new card from the top of his deck before grinning. “First, I’ll Normal Summon Rescue Rabbit!” the man laughed as a rabbit suddenly took to the field, colored with white and gray fur. On it’s head was a helmet with goggles attached to it too, and around it’s neck was a miniature cellular phone.

Rescue Rabbit: 300 ATK / 100 DEF | Level 4

“Wait, what?” Yuma cocked an eyebrow, staring at the red-eyed rabbit that wiggled it’s nose. “That thing’s… so cute!!!” Yuma’s eyes flashed with stars, staring at the rabbit as it’s ears twitched.

“It won’t be here for that long, kid” the cloaked man sweat dropped. “I’ll activate Rescue Rabbit’s effect! By banishing it, I can Special Summon 2 Level 4 or Lower Normal Monsters of the same name from my deck!”

“Yuma! Look out, he’s aiming for an Xyz Summon!” Astral warned.

“I got it, I got it” Yuma waved a hand at Astral dismissively.

As the rabbit vanished into a dimensional vortex, two cards shot out from the cloaked man’s deck. “I’ll Special Summon two copies of Candle of Fate!” the man commanded as two hand-shaped candles suddenly appeared on his side of the field, the both of them groaning loudly.

Candle of Fate: 600 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 2

Candle of Fate: 600 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 2

“Heh, this’ll be easy if you just keep on summoning those little guys!” Yuma grinned.

“Oh this’ll be easy alright… I Overlay the Level 2 Candle of Fate, Archfiend Mirror, and Boo Koo!” he commanded as the lizard demon holding a mirror, and two hand-shaped candles all groaned, transforming into three orbs of purple energy.

“Yuma!” both Kotori and Tetsuo arrived on the scene.

“With these three Monsters, I’ll construct the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon!” the man commanded as the energies entered a galactic portal.

“Numbers?!” Kotori watched as the gate exploded.

“Be careful, Yuma” Tetsuo warned.

“Pft, what’s to be careful of? This guy’s only got weak Monsters!” Yuma laughed.

“Step forth from the darkness in my heart, No. 96 Black Mist!!” the man commanded as the gate exploded, and the winds began to rush at great speeds. Suddenly, his hood flew off, revealing a light-toned man with stubble all over his face, and hanging, curly black hair on his head. The man’s green eyes radiated a purple aura around them as a red 96 appeared over his forehead. The smoke vanished, revealing a blob of dark matter on the field.

No. 96 Black Mist: 100 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 3

“Heheheheh, my Numbers is here! I end my turn!” the man grinned.

“Wait, Yuma, don’t attack that thing!” Tetsuo warned.

“Why shouldn’t I? It’s only got 100 points?” Yuma swiped a new card from the top of his deck before revealing it. “I Normal Summon Gogogo Golem!” the boy commanded as a golem appeared on his side of the field, swinging it’s arms and announcing ‘gogogogogogo!’.

Gogogo Golem: 1800 ATK / 1500 DEF | Level 4

“I’ll Overlay the Level 4 Gogogo Golem and Gagaga Magician!” Yuma commanded as a brown orb of energy and purple orb of energy spiraled around the field, shooting into a galactic gate. “With these two Monsters I’ll construct the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon!” he commanded as the gate exploded, revealing a sword-shaped object that stood alone on Yuma’s side of the field with two orbs of yellow light orbiting around it. “Appear now, No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope!!” the boy grinned as a red 39 glowed on the object. Suddenly, the object came to life, shifting until the Number turned into it’s unsealed state, groaning ‘Hoooope!’ as it reached for the blades to its sides.

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 2

“Yuma, don’t do it!” Tetsuo warned.

“Battle! Hope attacks Black Mist!!” the boy commanded. The Numbers Monster took heed of it’s owner’s command, charging towards Black Mist with both it’s blades drawn.

“Wait, Yuma!” Astral looked to the boy in fear of what he could’ve triggered.

“Now I use Hope’s effect! By detaching an Overlay Unit, it’ll negate it’s own attack! Rune Barrier!” the boy commanded as Hope suddenly paused, returning to Yuma’s side of the field.

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 1

“What kind of pathetic combo is that?! You could’ve inflicted critical damage on me!” the cloaked man demanded.

“It doesn’t end like that! I’ll activate a Quick-Play Spell!” Yuma revealed the card, grinning. “I activate Double-Up Chance! When a Monster’s attack is negated, that Monster’s ATK doubles and it can attack a second time!”

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 5000 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 1

“A second attack with more power?!” the man appeared panicked, but then he smirked. Yes… Yes!! DO IT! DEFEAT ME!

“YUMA!” Tetsuo smacked his forehead with his palm.

“Attack again, Hope! [i]Hope Sword Slash
!!!” Yuma commanded as his Numbers took flight, and dive-bombed towards Black Mist. The Numbers then swung both it’s blades in an x-shape, causing the oozing blob to groan as it exploded immediately.

“AGHHHH!!!” the man shouted, falling to the ground on his back as his Life Points were suddenly depleted.

Player: 0

The virtual world suddenly began to shatter as Astral gestured a hand at the fallen man. A card rose out of the man’s body, flying out towards the extraterrestrial. The card was absorbed into his body, and his eyes widened as his mind took him someplace else.

Astral shook his head, cradling his head in his hand as he felt a slight migraine. “Ugh…” he groaned before looking around, seeing that he was floating in space. “W-what the?!” the alien looked around for signs of life, but instead saw several stars, planets, and eventually the moon. “Is this… a memory…?” he muttered before looking behind him, seeing the large planet Earth. Suddenly, cracks and flames plagued the planet before it suddenly exploded, sending the alien flying. “AHH!” he shouted as he was blown away.

“What… was that…?” Astral’s sight suddenly returned him to Yuma’s world. He blinked, his eyes wide in horror. “Why… is that a memory of mine…?” he whispered, looking down at himself. “Was I sent here… to do that…?” he whispered in horror, closing his eyes tightly.

“Yuma, you idiot!” Tetsuo pointed at the boy. “You’re not supposed to attack an opponent’s Monster if they didn’t reveal it’s effect! For all you knew, that Numbers could’ve had an effect to destroy Hope!” the large boy lectured.

“Pft, what does it matter? I beat Black Mist anyway, and I got another Numbers. Sounds like it’s all good! Besides, it didn’t even have a useful effect, from what I saw” Yuma sneered.

“That’s being cocky and reckless! You should’ve just kept Gagaga Magician and attacked Black Mist with it to make sure the effect wasn’t something dangerous! If it was, Gogogo Golem would’ve protected you if you Set it in Defense Position.”

“Oh whatever! Duel’s already over!” Yuma argued.

“Come on, now, you guys…” Kotori sweat dropped, trying to calm her friends down. “You two are friends, you shouldn’t be fighting and shouting like this…”

“Stay out of this, Kotori!” both Yuma and Tetsuo turned their attentions to the girl who backed away from them.

“Just because it’s over doesn’t change how you disregarded the most basic lesson in Dueling! What if you’d lost that Duel, huh?!” Tetsuo pointed at the boy.

“Look, just shut up! The Duel’s done, I won. That’s it! End of story!” Yuma waved a hand dismissively as he began to walk away from Tetsuo.

“Make me shut up, then!” Tetsuo barked.

“I can’t hear you!” Yuma chuckled, waving his hand dismissively as he continued walking away from Tetsuo.

Kotori sighed, cradling her head in her hands. “This is gonna be a headache to fix…”

“Yuma?” Kotori looked at the boy as Ukyo was lecturing the rest of the class. “Yuma.”

“What?” Yuma looked at the girl from the corners of his eyes.

“You should definitely apologize to Tetsuo. He had a point you kno-“

“Shut up. Tetsuo didn’t have a point. Besides, he’ll come around and apologize to me” Yuma answered, yawning.

“You two back there, Yuma and Kotori” Ukyo pointed at them both with a smile. “Tell me, Kotori, what is the Square Root of 16?” the teacher smiled.

“U-um! Its 4!” Kotori answered, her face turning red with the entire class staring at both her and Yuma. She looked ahead of the class and saw that Tetsuo didn’t turn his head at all. The large boy was just sitting there in class, taking notes silently.

“Good answer, Kotori. Now, Yuma, tell me what’s 6 times 16” Ukyo watched as Yuma stuttered and looked through his notebook for the answer. “Yuma, it’s 96…” the teacher sighed, listening to the class giggle and laugh at the boy. “I think you need to pay a little more attention to class like Kotori and Todoroki do” the man shook his head as he turned back to the class, writing another equation on the board.

“Lame” Yuma muttered, kicking back and relaxing.

“Yuma, you should pay attention a little more. I mean, we’re not in Elementary School, you should know that equation by heart now” Kotori whispered to him.

“I don’t need to. Math’s lame anyway” the boy responded to her.

“Yuma, you’ll need math later down the line. It’s kinda important to learn these things now so they don’t seem to challenge you later down the line” Kotori whispered her lecture to the boy. “Seriously, Yuma, what’s the matter with you?”

“Kotori, when’re you gonna shut up?” Yuma looked at her from the corner of his eyes, glaring at the young girl.

“Yuma, now you’re just being a jerk. Come on…” the girl placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. “Want me to tutor you, at least?”

“No thanks. Don’t need your help” Yuma answered, sounding almost annoyed now. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to hear this lecture from our oh-so-brilliant teacher” the boy rolled his eyes.

Yuma… what’s gotten into you…? Kotori whispered, scribbling in her notebook.

“Excuse me, ‘teach, I’m takin’ a leak” Yuma got up from his seat bluntly, starting to walk away.

“Yuma, now you know that’s not how we do things around here…” Ukyo chuckled with a sweat drop. “Say, why don’t you use the bathroom at the end of this period? It’s just another 10 minutes” the man offered, nodding his head.

“I don’t think you heard me clearly, ‘teach. I said I’m going to take a piss break” Yuma glared at the teacher as he stepped out of the classroom.

“Y-Yuma!” Kotori watched the boy exit the classroom.

Ukyo’s palm met with his forehead in a loud smack. “Todoroki, would you please check on that boy for me?” the man requested as he sighed loudly. “And bring him back here.”

“Alright, Mister Ukyo!” Todoroki immediately got up from his seat and saluted the teacher. Soon, the blue-haired boy exited the room as well, following in suit of Yuma.

“Kotori, Tetsuo, I want the both of you to do the same. Yuma’s not acting right, and I want him to give me an explanation” the teacher crossed his arms, watching Kotori nod her head and exit the room, but he saw Tetsuo barely even budge. “Tetsuo, aren’t you gonna go see what’s wrong with your friend?”

“What friend?” Tetsuo answered with a roll of his eyes. “That guy isn’t my friend anymore, that’s for sure.”

“…Did something happen between the two of you…?” Ukyo asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Tch” Yuma muttered, hands in his pocket as he walked down the silent halls. All other students were attending their classes, or there were a few that silently strode down the halls to their proper classrooms.

“Hey Yuma!” a student exclaimed.

“Go away” Yuma waved his hand dismissively at the boy that greeted him.

“Jerk” the other boy muttered.

“Hmph, I wonder why I even bother with school” Yuma arrived at the front door of his school, and exited as if there was nothing wrong with it.

“What’s going on with Yuma?” Todoroki looked to Kotori, the both of them still following in pursuit of Yuma.

“I dunno. He’s been acting weird ever since yesterday” Kotori answered, sounding worried about her friend. “Was it the fight between Tetsuo and him?”

“They had a fight? I thought it’d be impossible for friends like those two to get into a fight” Todoroki cocked an eyebrow.

“It was just yesterday. Yuma and Tetsuo were arguing about how unnecessarily reckless Yuma was being in his Duel with a Numbers that didn’t even activate it’s effect after it showed up” Kotori explained, the two exiting the school building as well. They stopped, witnessing a Yuma that stood before them.

“Humph, you two ain’t good at following people…” Yuma said with a glare. “So, what’s the idea in followin’ me?” the boy asked, frowning as he crossed his arms.

“Yuma, I’m worried about you! You’ve been acting different since yesterday!” Kotori answered.

“In other words, Yuma, you’re being a jerk for no real reason, and just because you got into a fight with Tetsuo about a Duel of yours” Todoroki crossed his arms, looking down at Yuma.

The boy stared at the two, appearing almost as if he’d realized something. Suddenly, he began to chuckle, before bursting into laughter. “Is that what you guys think it’s about?” the boy kept on laughing as he tilted his head, and his neck made a snapping noise. “Pft, idiots. This is why I hate guys like you two” the boy spat.

“W-What…? Yuma… take that back… you don’t mean it!” Kotori pleaded, sounding offended.

“Shut up, girl. It’s people like you that just piss me off a tinge” Yuma answered with a glare.

“Yuma… you’re… an idiot!!” the girl turned away, running back into the school building as she began to cry.

“Yuma, take that back! I don’t care what you’ve got to say to me, but apologize to Kotori! She just cares about you!” Todoroki pointed in the direction of the entrance. “And come back, Mr. Ukyo wants to have a word with you.”

“Make me” was all Yuma said in response with a smirk as he raised his Duel Disk. “Come on. I’ve still gotta make you pay for the embarrassment you inflicted on me a few weeks ago” the boy smirked, chuckling to himself.

“Dueling isn’t allowed at this hour in the school, Yuma, you know that!” Todoroki answered.

“Bah, who cares? We’re outside of the school anyway, so we’re not breakin’ any rules as long as we’re out here” Yuma smirked, raising an eyebrow as he waited patiently for Todoroki’s answer.

“…You have a point…” Todoroki looked back, and then looked back at Yuma. “Fine then! But if I win, you’re coming back to class with me!” Todoroki gestured his D-Pad-equipped arm toward Yuma.

“Fine then, kid. I’ll show you what a real Duelist is like…” Yuma began to chuckle as his D-Pad invoked, and he placed his D-Gazer over his left eye.

Todoroki did the same, and then watched as the Alternate Reality vision invoked, digitizing the surroundings around the two boys. “DUEL!” the two declared.

Yuma: 4000

Todoroki: 4000

Turn 1

“Since I feel generous, I’ll give you the opening move to our Duel” Yuma grinned widely.

“Draw!” Todoroki declared, swiping a card off the top of his deck. He analyzed his hand, and then pushed his glasses up with his index finger. “Alright, I’ll start off by setting a Monster!” a horizontal facedown card appeared before the boy. “I’ll end my turn!”

“What a lame opening move! I’ll show you… what a real move looks like!” Yuma grinned and chuckled.

Turn 2

“Draw!” Yuma swiped a new card off the top of his deck before revealing a card in his hand. “When you control a Monster(s) while I don’t, I Special Summon Bybyby Warrior!” the boy commanded as he slammed a card onto his Duel Disk. Suddenly, pixels danced around, combining as they took on the form of a large, muscular man with a mask on his face. The man groaned, wearing standard silver armor and feeling almost too heavy to move.

Bybyby Warrior: 2000 ATK / 0 DEF | Level 5

“Summoning a Level 5 already!? How!?” Todoroki’s eyes shot open.

“See, Bybyby Warrior can bypass it’s own tribute-limits by being Special Summoned if you control Monsters. Next, I Normal Summon Gagaga Magician!” the boy commanded as a silver-haired magician in armor and chains appeared on his side of the field, grunting as it took battle stance.

“Now I’ll play Kagetokage!” Yuma commanded as a shadow behind Gagaga Magician began to squirm, suddenly taking on a full shape.
Kagetokage: 1100 ATK / 1500 DEF | Level 4

“Three Monsters on his field already?!” Todoroki’s eyes widened in horror as he looked at the Monster he had set down.

“Heh, don’t mind if I do! I’ll activate my Spell called Seize Him!!” Yuma commanded as Gagaga Magician and Kagetokage both leaped over to Todoroki’s side of the field.

“W-Whoa, what the?!”

“What happens here is, I can take a Monster on your side of the field, regardless of the position it’s in, so long as I control 2 Monsters with the same Level, and Attribute… Both Kagetokage and Gagaga Magician are Level 4 and are DARK-Attribute Monsters…” Yuma smirked while the set Monster on Todoroki’s side of the field moved over to Yuma’s side of the field. “Oh look, you’re wide open…” the boy pointed out with a wicked laugh.

“W-Wait!” Todoroki’s eyes widened in horror as Kagetokage tackled the boy down.

Todoroki: 2900

“Go, Bybyby Warrior!” Yuma commanded as the armored brute ran over to Todoroki, throwing a punch at the boy’s gut.

“G-gah!”

Todoroki: 900

“It’s over!” Yuma gestured an arm at Gagaga Magician, who looked back at the boy. The magician shook his head in shame at Yuma before he leaped over to Todoroki, throwing a punch that released waves of purple magic.

“Wahhh!!” Todoroki’s Life Point parameters suddenly rushed to 0.

Todoroki: 0

The computer screen recognized Yuma as the winner as the virtual world between the two began to shatter.

“W-Whoa… Yuma… you took me down… in one turn…” Todoroki muttered, his eyes wide in surprise as he got back to his feet, watching Yuma leave. “Something’s changed in him… and it’s just not right…” the blue-haired boy muttered, rubbing his chin as he took note of Yuma’s behavior throughout the entire Duel. “Yuma… we’ll find out what’s wrong… and we’ll help you…” the boy muttered his vow to assist his friend.

“Hmph, goddamn fools…” Yuma muttered, walking away. “I don’t need them, not ever again” the boy arrogantly said with an angered scowl across his face.

Disclaimer: I don't own ZEXAL.
Author's Note: Have fun reading all the crap I wrote.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-25, 16:21

96 explained, huh? Neat, if you can keep it up.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-10-26, 10:13

I found Anime!96 to be entirely out-of-the blue, so I decided to put some more emphasis into 96 here. Welcome to the world of Filler. *Insert Horror Theme here*
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-11-21, 19:27

“Yuma did what?” Tetsuo looked at Kotori in surprise. The girl was sitting across from Tetsuo with a miserable frown on her face, her eyes red and puffy from the crying she’d been through.

“He… he said he hated people like me…” Kotori sniffled, not even touching the lunch that her mother had prepped for her. She stared down at it, her yellow eyes spilling tears from their corners. “I-I… I don’t know what’s gotten over him…” the girl wiped her tears away, feeling her chest hurt. The girl looked at Tetsuo pleadingly. “Tetsuo… I think you’re the only one that can help Yuma…”

“Why would I?! He’s the idiot that started it!” Tetsuo argued.

“You’re the only one who really helps Yuma… I’m useless in this. I don’t know what’s wrong with Yuma…” Kotori sighed deeply, placing a hand over her heart. “I can only count on you, right now Tetsuo… I’m sorry for begging you like this…” the girl sniffled.

Tetsuo looked away, sighing again. “I guess… but this doesn’t mean I’m gonna forgive him for being stupid” the large boy looked at her before sneering. “You’re right, I’m the only one that can get that idiot to stop being stupid and think for a few minutes. I’ll see what’s wrong with him” the boy said assuringly, watching Kotori smiled weakly at Tetsuo.

“I’m sorry for asking you to do this for me…”

“Nah, it’s alright. We’re friends, Kotori. If one of us was in trouble, I’m sure you’d worry and convince one of us to help out too” Tetsuo responded with a grin before getting up from his seat. “The security guards should be out for lunch right now. We got half an hour before lunch ends. If we can get around Mr. Ukyo, I’m sure we can make it outta here, and drag his sorry butt back in here.”

“How are you so sure of that…?” Kotori asked as she was now curious as to why Tetsuo seemed so confident.

“I know where that idiot’s gonna be. Remember where Yuma first Dueled me?” Tetsuo asked, sneering as he pointed to himself. “He’ll be there, I just know it. When we get into fights, he’s always just there, waiting for me to kick his butt in a Duel.”

“Oh! I remember now!” Kotori looked around. “But how do you suppose we’ll get outta here?”

“Duck and cover, Kotori.”

“W-What?”

“I said duck and cover!” Tetsuo pushed the girl under the table before picking up his tray of lunch. “FOOD FIGHT!” the boy announced as he threw his tray. Potatoes rained down on a random young boy as vegetables all landed on another girl, staining her uniform.

“You idiot!” the girl cried out, launching an array of French Fries at Tetsuo. The boy ducked, and the French Fries landed on another boy. Soon, an entire outburst of chaos occurred, and food was seen flying through the air at other children.

“W-What?! Kids, relax!” Ukyo stepped into the cafeteria with his hands up. “Kids, relax!!” he shouted, but no one listened. Everyone was still throwing their lunches around, and even re-launching used artillery on the ground.

“Take this!” a kid launched a can of soda at another kid.

“Stop messing up our uniforms!” a girl shouted, throwing an open packet of ketchup at another child.

Ukyo quickly ran to the center of the cafeteria-based warzone, grabbing his whistle and blew on it hard.

“Go, go!” Tetsuo picked up Kotori from under the table, holding her close to his ketchup and mustard-stained shirt as he took a swift exit the way Ukyo came in.

“Oh good lord…” Ukyo sighed hard as a banana hit him squarely on the cheek. “Security… we’ve got another Food Fight… “ the teacher sighed.

“We made it!” Kotori smiled, arriving out the front door with Tetsuo.

“Now we’ve just gotta get to the bridge” Tetsuo took a few steps forward, but then someone tapped him on the back of his shoulder. The large boy turned, seeing Todoroki standing right behind him.

“And just where do you think you’re going?” the blue-haired boy asked, glaring at Tetsuo and Kotori.

“Todoroki, we’re just gonna go and help out Yum-“

“That is prohibited. One student’s already missing, there’s no need to have two more missing, and then have problems with parents” Todoroki cut Kotori off, crossing his arms.

“Todoroki, if we don’t help Yuma, who knows what trouble he could get into! Please, just let us go!” Kotori begged.

“Todoroki, if we can’t go, how else is Yuma gonna come back!? We’ll be back before lunch period ends, no one’s gonna know that we were gone” Tetsuo placed a hand on the student body president’s shoulder. “I swear on it. We’ll come back.”

“…” Todoroki sighed, before looking up at Tetsuo with his green eyes. “Fine then. I’ll grant you permission to leave. You better come back in twenty-nine minutes and 30… 29… 28…”

“Got it!” Tetsuo and Kotori both ran through the front gates, leaving behind Todoroki.

“This is insane! How’d I lose to a kid!?” a man argued, watching as Yuma walked away.

“Yuma…” Astral’s voice echoed through the boy’s ears as the spirit materialized in front of Yuma. The spirit appeared to have black chains surrounding his wrists, ankles, and his neck. “Yuma, don’t you think you’re being careless and reckless!? And these chains… what’s going on here?!” the spirit demanded.

“Shut up…” Yuma replied, placing a hand in his pocket as his other hand lifted up the King’s Key around his neck. “This thing’s power… I see…” the boy muttered, almost as if he weren’t himself.

“Yuma! Snap out of it!” Astral struggled to free himself from the chains, but a black charge of electricity came out from the chains, shocking Astral. “Y-Yuma…” the spirit tried reaching out towards the boy, but a black energy prevented him from making contact with the boy. “What’s going on…? Ever since yesterday, Yuma’s been getting worse and worse…” the spirit muttered.

“This stupid thing is what contains the Numbers, your memories, and hides an ancient mechanism in it…” Yuma muttered. “It’s also the reason my powers aren’t fully controlling this body, as well as this Astral…”

“Yuma, what’re you talking about…?!” Astral stared at the boy in horror.

Yuma turned to Astral as his red eyes were slowly turning purple, but the redness was struggling to fight back. It seemed almost as if the two were locked in battle with one another. “Astral… shut up. I’m going to silence you and make you obey my power!” the boy announced as he ripped the key away from his neck, tossing it aside, towards the edge of the bridge.

“Yuma, what’re you doing?!” Astral watched the key approach the edge in shock.

“I’ll be takin’ that!” Tetsuo flew by on his skateboard, catching the King’s Key in midair before coming to a screeching halt at the end of the bridge.

“Tetsuo…?” Yuma’s eyes turned red again. “What’re you doing here…?”

“Here to snap you out of it, idiot! You’ve made everybody worry about you!” Tetsuo answered, crossing his arms before looking at the King’s Key in his hand. “Yuma, how stupid are you trying to be?! You’re ready to throw away the only thing you have left of your parents?!”

“N-No…” Yuma answered, shivering in horror.

I must do this, quickly, before… Astral instinctively looked at the boy. “Quickly, give Hope to Tetsuo!” he commanded.

“W-Wait, why?” Yuma took the card out from his Extra Deck and threw it at Tetsuo. The large boy caught it, staring at the card.

“W-What!? You’re throwing away your Number too?!”

“G-Good…” Astral whispered weakly as black volts of electricity danced up the chain and into Astral.

“A-AHHH!” Yuma held his head in his hands as a purple energy began to swirl around his body. “W-What’s going on here?!” the boy questioned as purple energy slowly consumed his entire body, and the red of his irises immediately faded to a dark purple.

“With the absence of hope… only despair and nothingness exists…!” Astral’s voice suddenly distorted as he began laughing. The chains detached from his body, immediately shattering as black sludge emerged from Yuma’s Extra Deck slot.

“Yuma!” Kotori shouted, standing a distance away from the bridge both Yuma and Tetsuo stood on.

“Kotori, stay away from him!” Tetsuo shouted.

“Heh…” Yuma began to chuckle as the black sludge attacked Astral, turning him into a visible being in a solid black color with red tribal markings along his body.

“W-What the…?! I-I can’t hold this back… any longer…!” Astral shouted in pain as the black sludge finally enshrouded his entire body, turning his eyes into an emerald green. He began to grin and chuckle before petting Yuma’s head. “Good work, kid…”

“What’ve you done to Yuma!?” Tetsuo accusingly pointed at the blackened Astral who merely laughed at Tetsuo.

“I did nothing. All I did was break free from the imprisonment of that blasted object” the black Astral pointed at the King’s Key that was now in Tetsuo’s hand. “Now, kid, hand that over to me!” the extraterrestrial reached out to Tetsuo in a split second, aiming to swipe the key out of the large boy’s hand.

“Tetsuo!” Kotori said worryingly, but suddenly a golden barrier appeared around the large boy.

“Whoa…” Tetsuo looked at the King’s Key in his hand, watching it radiate and sparkle like never before.

“Tch… why can’t I grab it!?” the dark Astral impatiently kept on attacking, but the barrier around Tetsuo continued blocking him.

“Astral, what’re you doing?! You saved us from Jin a week ago, why’re you acting like this now?!” Tetsuo questioned.

“Silence! I’m not this ‘Astral’ you speak of! I am a Numbers, and one of the most powerful! I am No. 96 Black Mist, the one this boy captured a day ago” the black Astral chuckled, pointing at Yuma.

“Hey… Tetsuo… gimme that Key… I just wanna break it apart…” Yuma looked at Tetsuo with hollowed eyes. The boy’s irises remained purple, but his eyes seemed empty, as if something had left him.

“What’d you do to Yuma!?” Kotori demanded.

“Oh, all I did was take control over his feeble little brain. Nothing wrong with that when you’ve been locked up in card, and then transferred into another prison cell inside that blasted key” Black Mist pointed at the King’s Key. “None of the Numbers like being trapped in there, and they want out. I will free them, and take them in as my soldiers! I’ll destroy this planet, just like I was told to!” Black Mist began to laugh uncontrollably as a Duel Disk formed on his left arm. “Now, since you won’t hand me that Key, I’ll just take it from you by force!”

“And what if I decline your challenge?” Tetsuo challenged, cocking an eyebrow.

“Would you really act like such a coward in the face of your friend?” Black Mist gently stroked Yuma’s cheek with his Duel Disk-armed hand, and then began to chuckle malevolently. “Also, I could kill this boy, and you would never know it. You run, I’ll simply kill the boy, and you’ll never see him again. Understand?” Black Mist chuckled as Kotori gasped in lieu of his threats. “So, will you accept my challenge now that I’ve raised the stakes? I win, I get the Key and rid it’s existence for eternity. You win, you get back this boy. Sounds fair, no?” Black Mist smirked widely as he chuckled again.

“…” Tetsuo clenched his fists tightly. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t… How the heck am I supposed to beat a Numbers? the large boy then looked at his Extra Deck, remembering that Yuma threw him No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope before Astral was completely influenced by No. 96 Black Mist. “…I dunno what’ll happen… but fine then! Besides, I’ve kicked Yuma’s butt around more times than he can count, so this’ll be a piece of cake!” Tetsuo grinned.

“Oh? Then it’s too bad you’re facing someone who is a lightyear away from his range of skills…” Black Mist chuckled as he raised his arm, and a Deck formed, automatically shuffling itself.

Tetsuo placed on his D-Gazer, and then looked to Kotori with a bold grin. “Don’t worry, Kotori, I’ve got this. Yuma’s as good as ours by the end of this.”

Kotori looked at Yuma with a worried look on her face. “This is… exactly what Jin talked about… Yuma could lose his life to the Numbers…” the girl whispered as a faint blue aura appeared around her irises, but they suddenly faded away.

“Duel!” both Black Mist and Tetsuo declared as their general area became a digitized alternate reality.

Tetsuo: 4000

Black Mist: 4000

Turn 1

“I’ll take the first turn!” Black Mist drew his new card and chuckled. “I’ll set one card face-down, and end my turn.”

“No Monsters?” Tetsuo cocked an eyebrow.

“What? Surprised that I didn’t start off recklessly like your friend there?” Black Mist pointed at Yuma objectively.

Turn 2

“Whatever, you’re not gonna psyche me out like that! Draw!” Tetsuo swiped a new card from the top of his deck, and then analyzed the cards he held on to. “I’ll start off with Iron Eye!” Tetsuo commanded as digitized pixels took on the form of a wind-up toy that looked like a kangaroo.

Iron Eye: 1600 ATK / 1800 DEF | Level 4

“Next, I’ll set two cards face-down! Battle!” the large boy gestured an arm at his Monster. “I’ll attack you directly! Iron Eye, attack with Spring Attack!” he commanded as the kangaroo’s arms extended out towards Black Mist.

“Not so fast! Trap card open!” Black Mist laughed as his trap flipped open. “Gagaga Teleport!” Black Mist commanded as a mystic force knocked Iron Eye’s attack away. “Through this card’s effect, if you were to attack me directly, I can end the Battle Phase and Special Summon a “Gagaga” Monster from my hand” Black Mist chuckled as he revealed the card in his hand. “I Special Summon Gagaga Magician!” the spirit chuckled malevolently as Yuma’s trusty magician took to the field, swinging it’s chain as it shot a dirty look at Tetsuo.

“No way… you’re using Yuma’s deck?” Tetsuo cocked an eyebrow.

“Why not? It’s fun when someone is tormented by the very idea of their friend’s deck being turned against them!” Black Mist couldn’t help but to laugh uncontrollably.

“Tch, since the Battle Phase ended, I’ll end my turn!” the large boy declared.

Turn 3

“My move!” Black Mist laughed as he swiped a card from the top of his deck. “Now, I’ll summon Yuyuyu Joker!” the extraterrestrial laughed as a black spirit rose from the ground, chuckling as a blank mask appeared on it’s face. One half of the mask appeared to be a smirking face, while the other appeared to be sad. The spirit giggled as it juggled black balls around in perfect timing.

Yuyuyu Joker: 0 ATK / 1000 DEF | Level 5

“How’d you Normal Summon a Level 5 without Tributing?” Tetsuo cocked an eyebrow.

“I can do so by Special Summoning a Joker Token onto my opponent’s side of the field” Black Mist explained before snapping his fingers. Suddenly, another mask-wearing spirit appeared on Tetsuo’s side of the field, scaring the boy for a moment.

Joker Token: 1000 ATK / 1000 DEF | Level 5

“I don’t follow…” Tetsuo rubbed his chin for a moment before realizing something horrifying. “Wait a second…”

“You got it! I’ll use Gagaga Magician’s effect, allowing me to convert his Level by declaring a Number between 1 and 8! I think I’ll just pick Level 5!” Black Mist laughed loudly as 5 lights glowed on Gagaga Magician’s belt.

Gagaga Magician: 1500 ATK / 1000 DEF | Level 5

“Two Level 5 Monsters…! An Xyz Summon!” Tetsuo realized in horrid fear.

“I’ll Overlay the Level 5 Gagaga Magician and Level 5 Yuyuyu Spirit!” the extraterrestrial commanded as two purple energies spiraled around the field while a spiraling gate of stars and planets burst open. “With these 2 Monsters, I’ll construct the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon!” the energies entered the gate, and it burst.

“Tch, a Numbers…” Tetsuo muttered, clenching his fists tightly. He remembered the fact that cards of the current world could not defeat a Numbers by battle, but the boy had to find a way to beat them out. If he didn’t, his friend would be endangered, as well as the one memento left for his friend.

“Appear now, No. 61 Volcasaurus!” Black Mist laughed as pixels took on the shape of a sphere with lava spikes jutting out of it’s body. The number 61 glowed a bright yellow as the ball cracked open and shifted, forming arms, wing-like structures, legs, and eventually the head of the creature. The creature roared loudly as the 61 tattooed onto it’s leg glowed brightly.

No. 61 Volcasaurus: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 5 | Overlay Units: 2

“W-Whoa…” Tetsuo commented.

“Don’t get distracted, Tetsuo! Be careful!” Kotori warned.

“It doesn’t matter how careful you are when you’ll be annihilated!” Black Mist laughed as Volcasaurus roared once more and it’s green eyes glowed brightly. Flames surrounded the body of the creature and began to gather within it’s open mouth. “I’ll activate Volcasaurus’ effect! By detaching an Overlay Unit, I can annihilate a Monster on your side of the Field and inflict damage to you equal to it’s ATK!” Black Mist gestured toward Iron Eye while an Overlay Unit entered the charging flames in Volcasaurus’ mouth.

No. 61 Volcasaurus: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 5 | Overlay Units: 1

Mag Max!!” Black Mist declared as Volcasaurus launched a stream of flames at Iron Eye.

“Iron Eye!” Tetsuo watched as the flames completely annihilated the
toy kangaroo. The flames continued burning in front of Tetsuo, and the boy wiped some sweat from his brow.

Tetsuo: 2400

“And I’ll activate it one more time! Mag Max!!!” Black Mist commanded as the final Overlay Unit entered Volcasaurus’ mouth, and the final shot of flames allowed the black spirit on Tetsuo’s side of the field to burst into an explosion that knocked Tetsuo back a few feet.

Tetsuo: 1400

“I’m… wide open…” Tetsuo realized, looking at his barren field.

“You’re done for, kid. Battle!” Black Mist pointed at Volcasaurus. “Attack him directly, finish this up!” the crimson creature roared before launching another blast of fire.

“No… I said I’d save Yuma, and that’s what I’m gonna do! Trap card open!” Tetsuo clicked the button for the corresponding Trap. “I’ll activate Sakuretsu Protector! When an opponent declares an attack, the attacking Monster is destroyed, and I’ll take damage equal to half of it’s attack points!” Tetsuo clenched his fist with a grin.

“Tch…!” Black Mist watched as a silvery armor appeared around Tetsuo’s body, deflecting the attack right back at Volcasaurus. The large Numbers Monster roared in pain as it shattered into tiny pixels.

Tetsuo: 150

“Looks like now we’re evenly matched” Tetsuo commented.

“Not for long. Your Life Points are far below mine!” Black Mist gestured an arm at Tetsuo. “You’re done for. Now make your pathetic move so I can finish you off!”

Turn 4

“I’ll turn this around right now! Draw!” Tetsuo declared, swiping a new card from the top of his deck. He grinned. “Now I’ll summon Tin Goldfish!” Tetsuo declared as a metallic fish colored in orange and blue appeared, lying flat on top of the field. The fish slowly began to float, staring directly at Yuma with an unblinking look.

Tin Goldfish: 800 ATK / 2000 DEF | Level 4

“Hmph, you summoned a weakling like that? Heh, that’s not going to save you from the horror that lies ahead for you, fool” Black Mist chuckled.

“Heheh… he’s right… Black Mist will end you…” Yuma muttered, sounding almost hollow as he said those words.

“Don’t worry, Yuma. I’ll save ya from this freak! Tin Goldfish’s effect activates! When it’s been Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon another Tin Goldfish from my hand!” Tetsuo then revealed another card in his hand. “I Special Summon the other Tin Goldfish in my hand!” he declared as another fish-shaped machine appeared on the field, lying right beside the one Tetsuo summoned a second ago.

Tin Goldfish: 800 ATK / 2000 DEF | Level 4

“Two Level 4 Monsters… Heh, you’re gonna try to call out Hope, huh?” Black Mist chuckled malevolently as a sly smirk spread across his face like an infection. “I dare you to try it, human” the Numbers-possessed Spirit said with a soft giggle.

“…” Tetsuo paused for a moment, looking at his Extra Deck slot. He’s right, I can summon Hope… but if I do that I could end up like Shark, and all those other guys who were possessed by the Numbers… Tetsuo bit his bottom lip. It’s better I avoid the gamble. If I do it, I might not be able to go back… The large boy looked at Black Mist before revealing a Spell Card in his hand. “I’ll activate Iron Draw!” the boy declared as an iron glove appeared around the boy’s free hand. The boy smirked as he placed the gloved hand at the top of his deck. “Through this card’s effect I can draw 2 cards if I control 2 Machine-type Monsters on my side of the field” he swiped two more cards from the top of his deck.

“Draw your whole deck if you want to, what difference would it make? Your skills are still far below my own…” Black Mist chuckled.

“We’ll see about that! Battle!” Tetsuo gestured an arm at his two Tin Goldfishes. “Attack directly!” the boy commanded as the first fish launched a beam of bubbles at Black Mist.

Black Mist: 3200

“Gooo!” Tetsuo commanded as the other Tin Goldfish launched an array of bubbles at Black Mist as well.

Black Mist: 2400

“Is that all you’ve got, human?” Black Mist taunted.

“I’ll set one card and end my turn!” Tetsuo declared with a gesture of his arm.

Turn 5

“My turn, draw!” Black Mist swiped another card from the top of his deck before chuckling. “You’re dead, kid” Black Mist’s smirk spread again as he revealed a card in his hand. “In order to Special Summon Fallen Cone, I must discard a card. I’ll discard Growing Pinecone Black Mist discarded a card from his hand, and then a small acorn took to the field, standing shortly on stout and tiny legs.

Fallen Cone: 200 ATK / 400 DEF | Level 1

“Next, when Growing Cone is discarded for a card effect, I can revive it back onto the field! Be reborn, Growing Cone!” Black Mist began to laugh uncontrollably as a miniature boy appeared on the field with a pinecone-shaped hat on his head.

Growing Pinecone: 400 ATK / 200 DEF | Level 1

“Two Level 1 Monsters…?” Tetsuo questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

“Now, I’ll Normal Summon Needle Swordsman!” Black Mist commanded as a tiny swordsman with its hair styled in a pony-tail and wore comedic samurai armor. The swordsman unsheathed its blade, and took guard.

Needle Swordsman: 300 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 1

“Three Level 1 Monsters… wait…” Tetsuo came to realize Black Mist’s plan all along.

“I’ll Overlay the Level 1 Growing Pinecone, Fallen Cone, and Needle Swordsman!” Black Mist cackled as two brown energies and a green energy spiraled around the field, and entered a galactic vortex that tore open behind the spirit. “With these three Monsters, I’ll construct an Overlay Network! Xyz Summon!” the galactic gate suddenly burst, revealing an odd shape that resembled an hourglass with a scepter right next to it. The figure spun slowly, seemingly unwinding as it began to take on the form of a beautiful young woman with no legs, but a galactic portal under her royal garments. The queen smiled with her lips stained by a purple color with mascara over her eyes. The queen giggled as her light brown hair flowed, and the crown on her head shone a gentle light. “Come to my aid, No. 83 Galaxy Queen!!” Black Mist laughed as the Numbers stood perfectly still behind the black spirit, giggling evilly as she looked at Tetsuo with a slick smile.

No. 83 Galaxy Queen: 500 DEF / 500 ATK | Rank 1 | Overlay Units: 3

“A Rank 1…?” Tetsuo cocked an eyebrow.

“I’ll set one card face-down, and end my turn” Black Mist chuckled to himself.

Turn 6

“My go!” Tetsuo swiped another card from the top of his deck, and then looked at the Numbers on Black Mist’s side of the field. As of right now, I can’t attack Galaxy Queen. Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by another Numbers… Tetsuo then looked at a card in his hand and grinned. “Numbers can only be destroyed in battle by another Numbers… but even so, you’ll still take Battle Damage! I’ve got ya this turn! First, I’ll Normal Summon Platinum Penguin!” the large boy commanded as a metallic penguin appeared on the field. The penguin was blue with a white underbelly and had a golden beak. The eyes of the penguin shone a gentle blue as it squawked.

Platinum Penguin: 1000 ATK / 1000 DEF | Level 4

“I’ll activate Platinum Penguin’s effect! By releasing it, I can inflict Piercing Damage this turn if the battles involve Machine-type Monsters! “ Tetsuo grinned as he gestured an arm toward the penguin. The penguin shattered to pieces, giving the two goldfish a horn made from it’s armor.

“Your point is…?” Black Mist cocked an eyebrow, still smirking.

“My point is, I’ve got this in the bag! I’ll activate Iron Call! Now I can Special Summon a Machine-type Monster that’s in my graveyard!” Tetsuo’s discard pile shone brightly as he swiped a card from it. “I’m reviving my Iron Eye!” he slammed the card onto his Duel Disk, and the metal kangaroo appeared again, banging it’s instruments together.

Iron Eye: 1600 ATK / 1800 DEF | Level 4

“Next I’ll activate Limiter Removal! All Machine-type Monsters on my side of the field instantly doubles!” Tetsuo grinned, clenching his fist. “Victory’s all mine! Battle!” the boy commanded as his creatures all released steam.

Tin Goldfish: 1600 ATK / 2000 DEF | Level 4

Tin Goldfish: 1600 ATK / 2000 DEF | Level 4

Iron Eye: 3200 ATK / 1800 DEF | Level 4

“Oho? You’re right, you could end me with those attack scores…” Black Mist chuckled.

“Go, Tin Goldfish, attack Galaxy Queen!” Tetsuo commanded as the first goldfish flung a beam of bubbles at Galaxy Queen. The bubbles all attacked Black Mist, but the queen deflected the ones that dared come close to her.

Black Mist: 2900

“Go, second Goldfish, attack Galaxy Queen!” Tetsuo commanded. Another beam of bubbles was launched at Black Mist, having no effect on the possessed spirit, but it seemed almost as if he were laughing.
Black Mist: 1800

“And now I’ll end it! Iron Eye, attack Galaxy Queen!“ Tetsuo commanded, about to claim victory through this one attack.

“Reality’s a cold thing, kid. You’re not going to win! I’ll activate my Trap, Half Unbreak!” Black Mist laughed as an aura appeared around Galaxy Queen, and the woman began to giggle again. “For one instance of battle, Galaxy Queen won’t be destroyed in battle, and battle damage I take will be halved!” Black Mist laughed as the kangaroo launched a punch towards Black Mist, and the fist flew right threw Black Mist as Galaxy Queen deflected the attack away from her with a swing of her scepter.

Black Mist: 450

“Tch, I almost had you…” Tetsuo looked at the cards on his field, and then looked at his D-Pad, seeing the Limiter Removal card blink several times on the screen. The attack was a failure… If I don’t find a way outta this mess… I won’t be able to save Yuma…! Tetsuo clenched his fists. Numbers… they’re what got us into this mess right now… the boy looked at the hollow Yuma who stood there with his head down. “Yuma, I said I’d save you… but right now… I dunno what to do…” the boy muttered.

“Heheh, feeling hopeless?” Black Mist smirked and then gestured a hand toward Tetsuo. “Surrender is your only option. Or you can fight and lose. Which will it be?” the spirit said in a low, but malicious tone. “Surrender if you wanna live through this encounter.”

“Tetsuo…” Yuma muttered.

“Yuma?” Tetsuo looked to the boy.

“Tetsuo… he’s right… just give up…” the boy whispered before looking up at his friend. “Surrender is your only option…”

“Yuma…” Kotori bit her bottom lip. “Tetsuo, don’t give up! Don’t let their words get to you!” the girl shouted.

“Tetsuo, the only way for you to win… is by summoning Hope…” Yuma whispered emptily.

“But if he does that, he might…” Kotori gasped.

“Heheheh, this one doesn’t have the strength, nor the willpower to resist the influence of the Numbers” Black Mist chuckled. “So, what’s it gonna be? Are you gonna call it quits and give me the Key and Hope?” the spirit’s chuckle continued on and on in Tetsuo’s head.

“…” Tetsuo stood frozen, looking between Yuma, Kotori, and then to Black Mist. The boy scowled, and then eventually grinned. “Fine, if that’s what you all want me to do…” Tetsuo moved his hand towards his Duel Disk.

“N-No! Don’t do it!” Kotori shouted.

“Yes! Yes! Call it quits, kid! Looks like you’re not as stupid as you look!” Black Mist laughed loudly.

“I’ll…” the grinning boy immediately took the Tin Goldfish and Iron Eye on his side of the field. “I’ll Overlay the Level 4 Iron Eye and Level 4 Tin Goldfish!” he commanded as a blue energy and a brown energy spiraled around the field.

“What the!?” Black Mist’s eyes shot open in surprise.

“Tetsuo, don’t tell me you’re going to…” Kotori whispered, holding her hands together as if she were praying.

“With these two Monsters, I’ll construct the Overlay Network!” the boy instructed as a galactic fissure ripped open between the two Duelists, and the fissure swallowed the energies whole. Suddenly, the fissure burst, and a sword-like figure appeared on the field. “Xyz Summon! Appear now, No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope!!” the sword began to spin as the number 39 radiated brightly on it’s body. It began to shift, and then took on the form of Yuma’s ace Monster, a mechanical warrior with a red ‘39’ tattooed onto it’s shoulder. The warrior’s wings then unfolded as it said ‘hoooope’.

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 2

“Y-You summoned it…” Black Mist’s jaw fell slightly as his eyes twitched. After a few moments, the spirit began to smirk again. “Good job, now you’re in for some possession!” he laughed as a golden aura appeared around Tetsuo.

“Is that so?” Tetsuo grinned as the golden aura vanished from his body. “Looks like things didn’t turn out like you thought it would’ve!”

“Tch…”

“Tetsuo did it… but… how?” Kotori watched Tetsuo.

“I don’t know how I’m doing it, but I’m resisting the influence of Hope” Tetsuo shrugged casually before looking at Black Mist with a frown. “Before I end my turn, I’ll activate Automated Clockwork Machine!” a strange machine appeared before Tetsuo, and two wind-up keys planted themselves into the machine. The machine’s black screen soon revealed a white screen with a red ‘2’ printed on it. “Automated Clockwork Machine gains 2 Counters on activation, and in my next Standby Phase, it’ll gain another Counter” Tetsuo explained before gesturing an arm. “I’ll end my turn!”

Turn 7

“I don’t know who or what you think you are… but just because you’re resisting the influence of the Numbers doesn’t change that you’re going to lose this duel!” Black Mist swiped a new card from the top of his deck. “I’ll Normal Summon Xyz Absorber!” Black Mist declared as a jellyfish-looking monster appeared in front of him, floating harmlessly.

Xyz Absorber: 0 ATK / 0 DEF | Level 1

“When this card is summoned, I can take an Overlay Unit on my side of the Field and Special Summon it as a Monster. This also permits me the ability to Normal Summon one more time by detaching another Overlay Unit, so I think I’ll go ahead and do that!” Black Mist chuckled as tentacles from the jellyfish reached out towards Galaxy Queen. The queen watched as the tentacles grabbed at two of her Overlay Units. One was crushed instantly, while the other was dragged away from her. “Through this effect, I’ll Special Summon Needle Swordsman!” the swordsman appeared once again, raising it’s blade again.

Needle Swordsman: 300 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 1

“What’re you trying to do…?” Tetsuo questioned, raising an eyebrow as Black Mist began to chuckle malevolently.

The possessed spirit licked his lips as he revealed a single card in his hand. “Now I’ll Summon Darklon!!” the spirit laughed as a fur-covered sphere appeared on the field with a large and toothed smile.

Darklon: 100 ATK / 100 DEF | Level 1

Tetsuo raised an eyebrow, but then watched as Darklon began to laugh.

“When this card is Normal Summoned, I can add a Level to all Monsters I control, and make them all DARK-Attribute!” Black Mist laughed loudly a dark aura surrounded the three Level 1 Monsters, and they grew in size by a considerable amount.

Needle Swordsman: 300 ATK / 600 DEF | Level 2 | DARK-Attribute

Darklon: 100 ATK / 100 DEF | Level 2

Xyz Absorber: 0 ATK / 0 DEF | Level 2 | DARK-Attribute

“Three Level 2 Monsters… Wait a second…” Tetsuo suddenly came to realize what was coming next.

“Hahaha! Too late! I’ll Overlay the Level 2 Darklon, Xyz Absorber, and Needle Swordsman!” three purple energies flew around the Duelist. “With these three Monsters…” a galactic portal ripped open between both Black Mist and Tetsuo, “I’ll construct the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon!”. The energies spiraled into the galactic portal and it burst, releasing a a purple blob.

“That thing again…” Tetsuo muttered.

“Hehehe, reveal yourself, No. 96 Black Mist!!” Black Mist commanded as the slime had something grow within it. Claws extended out from the sides while clawed feet came out from under it. A tail pierced it’s way out, and then the rest of the slime popped, revealing a pitch-black creature with a face on it’s body. The toothed smile matched that of it’s user, and the golden eyes glowed as the flame-like design around it began to move as if they were live flames.

No. 96 Black Mist: 100 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 3

“It’s here… the card that’ll end you!” Black Mist laughed.

“But it has low stats… how would it defeat me…?” Tetsuo cocked an eyebrow.

“BATTLE!” Black Mist gestured an arm dramatically as his Numbers suddenly flared up. The creature then leaped at Hope with a load roar.

“What the… do I stop the attack, or do I let it pull through…?” Tetsuo questioned.

“I’ll activate Black Mist’s effect! Whenever he attacks or is attacked, I can detach an Overlay Unit in order to halve the attack of an opposing Monster, and add that to Black Mist!” the possessed spirit laughed as black tentacles were produced from the Numbers’ body, lashing out towards Hope.

“I’ll activate Hope’s effect!” Tetsuo commanded as the black tentacles grabbed at Hope. The Numbers groaned as energy was being absorbed from it’s body by the tentacles.

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 1250 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 1

“Now I can negate your attack! Rune Barrier!!!” Tetsuo commanded as energy flowed from Hope’s wings, and created a barrier that kept the demonic Numbers aback.

No. 96 Black Mist: 1350 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 2

“Hmph, good move there, chump. I’ll activate Galaxy Queen’s effect!” Black Mist gestured an arm towards the queen, and she hummed as her staff glowed brightly. “Now I can detach an Overlay Unit from her, and all Monsters I’ve got are now immune to battle destruction!” he grinned as a green aura appeared around both of his Monsters.

No. 83 Galaxy Queen: 500 ATK / 500 DEF | Rank 1 | Overlay Units: 0

“Next I’ll set one card facedown, and end my turn” Black Mist chuckled.

Turn 9

“That thing’s got a mega-powerful effect…” Tetsuo gulped, and then looked at the cards he held onto. “First, my continuous spell gains another Clockwork Counter!” the large boy pointed at the machine on his side of the field that blinked and now had a red 3 on it.

“So what?” Black Mist chuckled. “Is there any way you could turn this around, kid?”

“Yeah, I think I’ve got something…” Tetsuo muttered, carefully reading over the two cards he held in his hand. “Alright, I got something for ya!” the boy grinned widely, now aware of what to do in order to defeat his opponent.

“Hm?” Black Mist cocked an eyebrow.

“First, I’ll remove 3 Clockwork Counters in order to Special Summon my Clockwork Shikigami!” Tetsuo commanded as a mechanical deity took to the field, standing tall with nothing exceedingly special about it. It stood there with a tall cape, along with a face made of only a sheet of metal with no special designs to it. Nothing seemed that at all special about the machine that the large boy summoned, and yet he smirked widely upon it’s summon.

Clockwork Shikigami: 100 ATK / 100 DEF | Level 8

“What the…?” Black Mist stared at the machine.

“This card’s gonna help me with this turn! I’ll activate Shikigami’s effect! Once per turn, I can reduce an opponent’s Monster down to 0 ATK!” Tetsuo grinned as a black aura appeared around Black Mist.

No. 96 Black Mist: 0 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 2

“T-to zero!?” Black Mist dropped his jaw, but then his facial expression changed to a smirk. “Like that matters, all attacks you throw at me will be rendered futile!” Black Mist gestured an arm angrily.

“We’ll see about that! Battle!” Tetsuo commanded recklessly as Clockwork Shikigami launched a wave of black energy at Black Mist.

“I’ll use Black Mist’s effect! Now your precious creature loses half it’s attack, and then Black Mist gains that power! Also, Numbers cannot be destroyed in battle except by other Numbers, so only your Monster suffers in the end!” Black Mist announced as his Numbers absorbed energy from Shikigami before launching a punch at the odd machine, shattering it to pieces.

No. 96 Black Mist: 50 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 1

“And now, Hope! Attack Black Mist with Hope Sword Slash!!!” Tetsuo gestured an arm towards Black Mist. The emperor of hope groaned with might as it threw it’s sword at Black Mist’s monstrous incarnation. The monster roared as tentacles reached out towards the sword and absorbed it’s energy.

No. 96 Black Mist: 725 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 2 | Overlay Units: 0

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 625 ATK / 1000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 1

“Go, Black Mist! Finish off that pathetic Numbers with your might!” Black Mist laughed as the strike from his Numbers shattered the emperor of hope, and sent Tetsuo aback by several inches.

Tetsuo: 50

“Hahaha! Was that your big plot?! What’re you stupid?! Next turn, I’ll just blow you away with one strike!” Black Mist chuckled malevolently as he crossed his arms, grinning as his victory was now guaranteed.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that…” Tetsuo grinned widely.

“Hm?” Black Mist raised an eyebrow, and watched as Tetsuo revealed a card in his hand.

“I knew this would happen, so this card’s gonna be the winning end-all!” Tetsuo slammed the card onto his Duel Disk. “I’ll activate Clockwork Reverse Time!!” the machine on Tetsuo’s side of the field glowed with a golden aura before it shattered. “During the Battle Phase when Clockwork Shikigami was destroyed in battle, and my Life Points are lower than 1000, I can Special Summon 1 non-Machine type Monster from my graveyard to reverse the clock!” Tetsuo explained as a golden aura appeared around his body.
“W-what!? You’re kidding me!!!” Black Mist’s eyes widened in horror as the golden aura appeared to fade away, and Tetsuo’s discard pile glowed a bright yellow.
“Resurface from past, No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope!!” Tetsuo shouted as the white and gold emperor of hope suddenly rose from the depths of Tetsuo’s discard pile, taking to the sky with it’s full powers restored. The red eyes of the Numbers Monster glowed brightly as it then looked down on Black Mist.

“N-No… you’re kidding me… This isn’t right! This isn’t how things are supposed to work!” Black Mist panicked.

No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope: 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF | Rank 4 | Overlay Units: 0

“Heh, looks like… Tetsuo’s won this…” Yuma muttered quietly before turning to look at Black Mist with a wide grin on his face. Suddenly, the purple in his irises vanished, returning to the soft red they usually were. “You’ve lost this one! Give it to ‘em, Tetsuo!” Yuma turned to his best friend, smiling widely.

“T-Tetsuo, you won!!” Kotori announced with a tone of gladness behind her voice.

“It’s over!!! Hope, attack Black Mist with Hope Sword Slash!!!” Tetsuo shouted in command as the warrior dashed towards the pitch-black Numbers Monster.

“N-No… NOOOO!!” Black Mist shouted as his Numbers was immediately sliced as if it were butter. The black mist Numbers suddenly exploded, knocking back the darkened spirit.

Black Mist: 0

“Yuma, catch!” Tetsuo immediately took the King’s Key out of his pocket and tossed it to Yuma.

“Got it!” the boy announced, immediately pointing the key at the devastated Black Mist. “Return to me, Astral!!” Yuma shouted as a golden light enshrouded Black Mist.

“G-gah! What’s going on?!” the spirit watched as Astral split from the body of his darker version.

“Return from where you came, Black Mist” Astral said as he pointed his palm at the black spirit.

“N…NOOOO!!!” he watched as pieces of himself began to dematerialize, and were flowing into Astral’s body. He then watched as the Numbers he summoned had begun to flow into Astral’s body as well, and a strange retangular shape began to materialize before Astral. “This… this isn’t the last… you’ve seen of meee!!” the rest of the black spirit shattered, and its pieces all flew into Astral.

“With this, it’s over…” Astral watched as a card formed before him, revealing the true form of No. 96 Black Mist. “Black Mist… what a troublesome one you are…” Astral muttered, grabbing the card. Suddenly, he flashed back to the vision he had earlier. He watched as the Earth began to shatter and he trembled as the Earth then exploded before his eyes. “What… could this mean…?” he whispered quietly.

“Looks like I’m me again…” Yuma sneered, looking at the King’s Key that was now in his hands again.

“Humph, no one likes thanking the real hero here, huh?” Tetsuo chuckled, walking towards Yuma with No. 39 Aspiring King, Hope in his hand.

“Yuma! Tetsuo!” Kotori watched as the two boys neared each other, and then met with a bump of their fists.

“Heh, fine then. Thanks, you really saved my butt right there” Yuma grinned.

“Don’t worry about it, Yuma. Besides, I mostly came here just to kick your butt and snap some sense into you” Tetsuo laughed a little before handing Yuma back his Numbers. “Thanks. If it wasn’t for Hope, I would’ve lost.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it! Let’s just be glad we’ve got each other’s backs now” Yuma grinned before the two’s fists pounded against one another again.

Kotori smiled, placing a hand above her heart as she watched the two regain their nearly lost friendship. Suddenly, her eyes widened as she realized what time it was. “Guys! We only have one minute before we’re late for the end of the period!” she announced.

“What?! Are you serious?!” Yuma panicked.

“Let’s get goin’! I think Mr. Ukyo’s not gonna be too happy if he finds that we’re not back, especially after the food fight that happened on our way out!” Tetsuo began to rush.

“Food fight?” Yuma cocked an eyebrow.

“Tetsuo had to create a diversion so we could run out and find you, Yuma” Kotori explained, rushing beside both Yuma and Tetsuo.

“…Aw shucks, you guys really did that?” Yuma blushed embarrassingly before laughing. “Thanks. You guys are some of the best friends I’ve ever had” he said with a smile, looking at the both of his friends. They all nodded heads as they laughed and smiled, rushing towards the school, no matter how late they’d be.

Author's Note: Methinks I'm back.

Disclaimer: I do not own ZEXAL.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2