Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An analysis on the Forbidden list

+10
Phoenix Wright
zerods
-Whiplash-
{EX} TheVoid
3E-hero neos
Scorpion67
tester12342
Badass_Bunny
CaiusTSR
KingKaiserSW
14 posters

Go down

An analysis on the Forbidden list Empty An analysis on the Forbidden list

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-10, 19:11

I was looking at some of the cards here and started to think, in today's meta will some of these cards leave their current place on the list?

An analysis on the Forbidden list BlackLusterSoldierEnvoyoftheBeginningIOC-NA-UR-UE

After creating Dueling Network, does he deserve to leave the forbidden list? People have been speculating that Konami might bring him back after releasing him in Gold Series 4. He's similar to Chaos Sorcerer, except with 3000 attack, can remove a facedown card OR can attack again after destroying it by battle. Will he actually come back? It's possible

An analysis on the Forbidden list 416px-DarkMagicianofChaosIOC-NA-UR-1E

People are actually saying that this guy needs to come back, well like Solemn I say NO! It's a plus 1 and getting him back from the removed from play zone is not that difficult.

An analysis on the Forbidden list DestinyHERODiskCommanderWC07-EN-SR
One of my favorite cards! Well, it's banned for a reason, I just wanted to give it a special mention

An analysis on the Forbidden list MagicianofFaithYSD-EN-C-1E

Another card people want back, why?! She can also be recycled easily, but who knows? Sometimes Konami does the strangest things.

An analysis on the Forbidden list Thousand-EyesRestrictMC1-EN-ScR

Is this card really a threat in this format? With all these monster destruction cards how long can this card last? But at the same time it can be resurrected by Monster Reborn and other cards so...i'm kinda on the fence on this.

An analysis on the Forbidden list VictoryDragonJUMP-EN-ScR-LE

There's a reason why its illegal counterparts have never been released to the public as playable cards, some guy on another site actually wanted to unlimit this card haha then again he also wanted to kill almost all top tier decks with his "unbiased" ban list.

An analysis on the Forbidden list CrushCardVirusSJCS-EN-UR-LE

With the current format relying for on small monsters does this card really pose as a big threat? The most it can do is to rid the field of beatsticks midgame and see what they sraw for 3 turns.

*edit* Completely forgot about a little lady who rides on the magic school bus' evil twin brother. Stay banned you
Deck Destruction Virus of Death!

Well that's my analysis on the Forbidden list, hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by KingKaiserSW on 2011-07-11, 16:42; edited 1 time in total
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Birthday : 1988-09-18

Back to top Go down

An analysis on the Forbidden list Empty Re: An analysis on the Forbidden list

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-10, 19:45

BLS- Lol your logic for him coming is funny. But he may actually come back they'll be great.

DMC- He needs to stay where he is lol he is WAY to easy to get on the field nowadays and it's a nice plus AND it's at 2800 AND it removes stuff from play. Lot a ands there...

DC- Same story. Nice plus two with Kinka too.

MoF- NO.

Thousand Eyes- Instant Fusionable Kinka-able with effect so he could suck up one monster attack directly or clear the field and/or crash. BUT seeing it back would be great fun I have like four just sitting there.

Victory Dragon- I don't understand why it's not legal don't you win anyway?

CCV- Lawl this card will be boss this format.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-10, 20:16

Victory Dragon should stay where it is since it's the best way to waste 3 monsters and you can just scoop

Restrict is really waste of banlist space

CCV...uhm no, just no
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tester12342 2011-07-10, 21:17

Black Luster Soldier - I believe he'll make a comeback soon, will probably go to the limited or semi-limited list.

Dark Magician of Chaos - It's too easy to summon this card, even if it were limited to just 1, it's not that hard to recycle him and constantly reuse spell cards.

Disk Commander - If Pot of Greed comes of the banlist, I can see this guy making a re-appearance as well.

Magician of Faith - Read Dark Magician of Chaos.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict - It'll probably go to the limited list if it makes a come back, considering that it's so easy to fuse that card with the huge number of Polymerization searchers and Fusion Substitutes nowadays.

Victory Dragon - Should stay on the banlist, for those that don't know. A match consists of three or more(in case of ties) duels. So it doesn't just win you 1 duel it wins it all.

Crush Card Virus - On it's own, it's a really powerful card able to slow down a large number of decks, in a Virus Control Deck, it's downright unstoppable.

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpion67 2011-07-10, 21:28

Crsuh card will be too broke. Sumon Tourguide, sp sumon Sangan and then CC sangan... Plus Plus Plus !
Scorpion67
Scorpion67

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-07-11, 04:13

Have you guys also heard speculations that Konami will be bringing two cards back from the death?

And Victory Dragon is there for a reason, example: You're in a YCS, you're doing great, opponent runs random Ojama, had a Swords of Revealing Light, and 5 Ojama's. In addition, their Field Spell is active and he got Delta Hurricane in the hand.
Now it's his turn, plays Delta Hurricane, tributes 3 monsters, attacks with 2 Ojama's first, then direct with Victory Dragon, he just won the game......no wait he won the YCS Match O.O.

See, and I know, Ojama's are random but awesome xP.

BLS might be made playable again with Thousand Eyes. They've lost their touch trough the formats....

And aren't there more banned cards like that dragon that immediately lets you win game(counterpart of BLS)and Heavy Storm??

Anyway, cards like mof are banned for a reason, they'll stay in their resting place.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-11, 04:30

KingKaiserSW wrote:I was looking at some of the cards here and started to think, in today's meta will some of these cards leave their current place on the list?

An analysis on the Forbidden list BlackLusterSoldierEnvoyoftheBeginningIOC-NA-UR-UE

After creating Dueling Network, does he deserve to leave the forbidden list? People have been speculating that Konami might bring him back after releasing him in Gold Series 4. He's similar to Chaos Sorcerer, except with 3000 attack, can remove a facedown card OR can attack again after destroying it by battle. Will he actually come back? It's possible
While it is overshadowed by a lot of abilities, it is an easy to summon 3000 atk beatstick that can either atk twice or RFP a monster. Still banable.

An analysis on the Forbidden list 416px-DarkMagicianofChaosIOC-NA-UR-1E

People are actually saying that this guy needs to come back, well like Solemn I say NO! It's a plus 1 and getting him back from the removed from play zone is not that difficult.
This is banned both because it is spell retrieval and it is able to RFP anything it beats. This is the argument I was presented with when saying its not that broken.

An analysis on the Forbidden list DestinyHERODiskCommanderWC07-EN-SR
One of my favorite cards! Well, it's banned for a reason, I just wanted to give it a special mention
Limit Reverse = draw engine.

An analysis on the Forbidden list MagicianofFaithYSD-EN-C-1E

Another card people want back, why?! She can also be recycled easily, but who knows? Sometimes Konami does the strangest things.
This card should come back, alongside banning of the cards that make this broken to begin with, such as Monster Reborn.

An analysis on the Forbidden list Thousand-EyesRestrictMC1-EN-ScR
Is this card really a threat in this format? With all these monster destruction cards how long can this card last? But at the same time it can be resurrected by Monster Reborn and other cards so...i'm kinda on the fence on this.
Too easy to summon and even in an effect heavy format is broken.

An analysis on the Forbidden list VictoryDragonJUMP-EN-ScR-LE
There's a reason why its illegal counterparts have never been released to the public as playable cards, some guy on another site actually wanted to unlimit this card haha then again he also wanted to kill almost all top tier decks with his "unbiased" ban list.
If you scoop when this is about to win the duel, you still lose the match. This makes the game a 1 duel game, and therefore the less experienced player has a better chance of getting the lucky winning hand.

An analysis on the Forbidden list CrushCardVirusSJCS-EN-UR-LE
With the current format relying for on small monsters does this card really pose as a big threat? The most it can do is to rid the field of beatsticks midgame and see what they sraw for 3 turns.
If you are suggesting this card is not broken... you should quit the game right now.

Well that's my analysis on the Forbidden list, hope you enjoyed it.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-11, 05:36

While it is overshadowed by a lot of abilities, it is an easy to summon 3000 atk beatstick that can either atk twice or RFP a monster. Still banable.
I'm not explaining how the meta can change the playability of a card to you again.

This card should come back, alongside banning of the cards that make this broken to begin with, such as Monster Reborn.
Again with your Monster Reborn hate? This card can be still be abused even if you take out cards like Monster Reborn, but of course you can't understand that cause your knowledge of today's cards is limited. To quote Jackie Chan's Uncle, you must do REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsearch

REEEEEEEEEsearch, also take into account that the majority of Yugioh players don't care whether this card comes back or not. Again, the meta can change a card's playability.

If you are suggesting this card is not broken... you should quit the game right now.
Crush Card isn't as big as a threat as it used to be. Although, the typical tribute for it is usually a sangan and what I didn't take into account is how people can easily bring out sangan.
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Back to top Go down

Post  -Whiplash- 2011-07-11, 05:50

I think Thousand eyes should come back IMO, even though instant fusion would make him super easy to get, He's not TOO bad anymore, not with the destruction we have.

But then again... after instant fusion he's aplicable for:

Limit reverse
Call of the haunted
Monster reborn
Kinka-boyo

(there's probably more too, but those were off the top of my head.)

That's a lot of cards. I say they should limit him and see what happens.
-Whiplash-
-Whiplash-

Birthday : 1992-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-11, 06:02

3E-hero neos wrote:Have you guys also heard speculations that Konami will be bringing two cards back from the death?

And Victory Dragon is there for a reason, example: You're in a YCS, you're doing great, opponent runs random Ojama, had a Swords of Revealing Light, and 5 Ojama's. In addition, their Field Spell is active and he got Delta Hurricane in the hand.
Now it's his turn, plays Delta Hurricane, tributes 3 monsters, attacks with 2 Ojama's first, then direct with Victory Dragon, he just won the game......no wait he won the YCS Match O.O.

He summons Victory Dragon I scoop and save myself from loosing the match...

BTW I've heard that the list is long and that they will be bringing back 2 cards from Banned list
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  zerods 2011-07-11, 10:52

-disk commander is soo broken, with junk synchron, debris dragon and one by one you can easy special summon him and draw 2 cards *-*
-thousand eye restric this card is so broken too, i will not leave this card limited never -.-
-chaos sorcerer a great card but soo broken too, you can recover a spell card from your graveyard and banish the opponent monsters when he destroys them, he can be easy SS with a dark magician on the field
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-07-11, 11:59

zerods wrote:-disk commander is soo broken, with junk synchron, debris dragon and one by one you can easy special summon him and draw 2 cards *-*
-thousand eye restric this card is so broken too, i will not leave this card limited never -.-
-chaos sorcerer a great card but soo broken too, you can recover a spell card from your graveyard and banish the opponent monsters when he destroys them, he can be easy SS with a dark magician on the field

Junk and Debris negate Disk Commander, but cards like, Limit Reverse, Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted incredibly support this.
Also Disk Commander would be amazing Zombie decks O.O.

I still think Thousand Eyes and BLS will return(BLS just coz the maker of this game is too awesome just like it's card version:).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-11, 12:36

KingKaiserSW wrote:
I'm not explaining how the meta can change the playability of a card to you again.
Everyone plays Solemn Warning, lets put Monster Reborn back at 3! Yes the meta has changed, but it doesnt make broken cards any less broken. I dont understand what is so hard about that concept.

Again with your Monster Reborn hate? This card can be still be abused even if you take out cards like Monster Reborn, but of course you can't understand that cause your knowledge of today's cards is limited. To quote Jackie Chan's Uncle, you must do REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsearch
Yes there are a few cards that can be abused with it, but without all the broken spells in the game this card no longer seems banworthy. This card is banworthy due to all the banworthy spells in existence.

REEEEEEEEEsearch, also take into account that the majority of Yugioh players don't care whether this card comes back or not. Again, the meta can change a card's playability.
Just because the meta makes a card less playable for the time being, it does not make it any less broken. You seriously need to lrn2ygo.

Crush Card isn't as big as a threat as it used to be. Although, the typical tribute for it is usually a sangan and what I didn't take into account is how people can easily bring out sangan.
A card that completely kills all 1500 atk or more while requiring an easy to give tribute, allows you to see your opponents hand and the next 3 cards they draw and sending more than likely 1 or 2 of them to the grave ISNT broken? TIME SEAL COULD COME BACK FIRST. Im done arguing with you because you are lowing my IQ with your fail.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-11, 12:46

Honestly, with Tsukouyami banned, as well as metamorphosis, and scapegoat limited, Thousand Eyes Restrict isn't as powerful as it once was
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Fawkey 2011-07-11, 13:27

It would be awesome if Mof and BLS get unbanned, but nah, that's not gonna happen.
Konami is putting so many new cards out there they don't really need to change the banlist so drastically.
Fawkey
Fawkey

Birthday : 1993-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-11, 13:58

Everyone plays Solemn Warning, lets put Monster Reborn back at 3! Yes the meta has changed, but it doesnt make broken cards any less broken. I dont understand what is so hard about that concept.
Then let's ban Breaker again! The meta may have changed but oh golly it doesn't make Breaker any less broken!

Yes there are a few cards that can be abused with it, but without all the broken spells in the game this card no longer seems banworthy. This card is banworthy due to all the banworthy spells in existence.
By that logic, every spell in the limited list is going to be banned just to bring back one card.

Just because the meta makes a card less playable for the time being, it does not make it any less broken. You seriously need to lrn2ygo.
Again, look at Breaker, It was considered broken a few formats ago and nowit's not even a threat anymore.

A card that completely kills all 1500 atk or more while requiring an easy to give tribute, allows you to see your opponents hand and the next 3 cards they draw and sending more than likely 1 or 2 of them to the grave ISNT broken? TIME SEAL COULD COME BACK FIRST. Im done arguing with you because you are lowing my IQ with your fail.
lol no you're done cause you can't counter anything I say, you have no knowledge of the current meta and you act like you know what you're talking about. It's not 2009 anymore!
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-07-11, 14:39

KingKaiserSW wrote:While it is overshadowed by a lot of abilities, it is an easy to summon 3000 atk beatstick that can either atk twice or RFP a monster. Still banable.
Then let's ban Breaker again! The meta may have changed but oh golly it doesn't make Breaker any less broken!

By that logic, every spell in the limited list is going to be banned just to bring back one card.

Again, look at Breaker, It was considered broken a few formats ago and nowit's not even a threat anymore.

lol no you're done cause you can't counter anything I say, you have no knowledge of the current meta and you act like you know what you're talking about. It's not 2009 anymore!
A little bit late to celebrate the fourth of July you think?
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-11, 14:41

Am I the only one who doesn't get Kaiser posts?

KingKaiserSW wrote: With the current format relying for on small monsters does this card really pose as a big threat? The most it can do is to rid the field of beatsticks midgame and see what they sraw for 3 turns.

^^ Fail
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-07-11, 15:38

Badass_Bunny wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't get Kaiser posts?

KingKaiserSW wrote: With the current format relying for on small monsters does this card really pose as a big threat? The most it can do is to rid the field of beatsticks midgame and see what they sraw for 3 turns.

^^ Fail
While Kaiser's logic is somewhat less than infallible, I somewhat agree with him on the fact that Crush Card's usefulness has changed with the meta. With the exception of Infernities and Blackwings, most of the current meta decks lack adequate targets for Crush Card. The only commonly played tributes are sangan and spirit reaper, and maybe battle fader. I can see it coming back for round 2 in the next format.

That doesn't mean I would like it though. The fact that it's an OP lucksack card in the right deck would infuriate a lot of players, me included.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-07-11, 15:49

thmaninblack wrote:While Kaiser's logic is somewhat less than infallible, I somewhat agree with him on the fact that Crush Card's usefulness has changed with the meta. With the exception of Infernities and Blackwings, most of the current meta decks lack adequate targets for Crush Card. The only commonly played tributes are sangan and spirit reaper, and maybe battle fader. I can see it coming back for round 2 in the next format.

That doesn't mean I would like it though. The fact that it's an OP lucksack card in the right deck would infuriate a lot of players, me included.

With Tour Guide existing though you have three additional shots at getting that Sangan, which really those cards aren't really all that hard to splash. Then factor in the existence of Xyzes it isn't terrible to be stuck drawing another Tour Guide after you've already searched up Sangan, which just creates more incentive to splash those cards just to run Crush Card.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-07-11, 15:51

-_-

I completely forgot about the loli with the demonic bus.

Nevermind, keep the virus banned.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-11, 16:37

thmaninblack wrote:-_-

I completely forgot about the loli with the demonic bus.

Nevermind, keep the virus banned.

Same here, Tour Guide's existence drastically changes Crush Card's playabilty.
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoko318 2011-07-11, 17:54

something noone seems to consider: if you unban broken cards, people who wouldn't have been able to run them with their current decks will either adapt to run them or switch to the most broken deck of the time. If you unban TER, BLSEotB, DMoC, etc. you will have a Chaos format on your hands similar to the one that caused the creation of the banlist in the first place. Also, one of my pet peeves is the "it can be countered" argument. that argument is asinine, because everything can be countered. everything in the game has something that can negate it; doesn't make it any less broken, and it doesn't guarantee you're going to have that counter on the field when your opponent drops their broken **** on you. Chaos Emperor Dragon can be countered, let's unban him. owait, he's still broken.
Yoko318
Yoko318

Birthday : 1989-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-11, 18:40

Yoko318 wrote:something noone seems to consider: if you unban broken cards, people who wouldn't have been able to run them with their current decks will either adapt to run them or switch to the most broken deck of the time. If you unban TER, BLSEotB, DMoC, etc. you will have a Chaos format on your hands similar to the one that caused the creation of the banlist in the first place. Also, one of my pet peeves is the "it can be countered" argument. that argument is asinine, because everything can be countered. everything in the game has something that can negate it; doesn't make it any less broken, and it doesn't guarantee you're going to have that counter on the field when your opponent drops their broken **** on you. Chaos Emperor Dragon can be countered, let's unban him. owait, he's still broken.

What you're not considering is that a format can change the playablity of a card. Of course there are some cards that will always be broken no matter what format, such as Raigeki or Butterfly Dagger - Elma, but cards in the ban list are moved up and down due to format changes. Cards like Injection Fairy Lily, United We Stand, and Breaker were once considered broken and were sent to the forbidden list and eventually due to how the format changed, these cards left their spots of the forbidden list and as time passed they eventually became unlimited.
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-07-11, 20:32

TER can come off the list. With scapegoat limited and metamorphisis banned, and with most token producing decks having better options (aka trishula) TER just don't have its former punch.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-11, 21:17

^^ Fail
Ive been telling Kaiser that he fails for a while... he just doesnt know how to Yugiohs, Im convinced of this.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  KingKaiserSW 2011-07-11, 21:46

TheVoid wrote:

^^ Fail
Ive been telling Kaiser that he fails for a while... he just doesnt know how to Yugiohs, Im convinced of this.

Failing is when you can't come up with a counter argument and run away. Until you actually understand how today's meta works, then you don't know what you're talking about.
KingKaiserSW
KingKaiserSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down