Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about ruling

+3
Yoko318
The DetonatorCOPY
kumaxtreme
7 posters

Go down

Questions about ruling Empty Questions about ruling

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-07-11, 17:12

1)I activate soul release on a black wing player. He has a Vayu and sirocco in the grave and I choose both monsters. Can he use Vayu effect to synchro summon?

2) I have a T.G monster on the field. My opponent summon Caius target my T.G monster. I chain with the trap T.G. Creature Swap. Will I still get Caius even after my TG monster is remove?

3) My opponent has a cyber dragon and I have a machine monster. Can I use my opponent monster to summon chimeratech fortress dragon.

4) I activate scrap storm on my scrap beast. My opponent chain book of moon to my scrap beast. Do I still get to destroy my scrap beast and get it effect?

5) Legendary Jujitsu Master is on the field in defense position. Skill drain is on the field. Can Jujitsu master still return a monster to the top of the deck?

5) I have Mataza the zapper and my opponent has a blue eye white dragon. I activate creature swap. Mataza the zapper cannot switch control. Will I get my opponent Blue eyes white dragon?

6)My opponent has Dimensional fissure on the field. I activate solar recharge and discard a ryko to activate it effect. Since it is discard will ryko go to the grave?
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Questions about ruling Empty Re: Questions about ruling

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-11, 17:25

1). Vayu is a spell speed 1 Ignition effect, once you activate soul release your opponent cannot chain Vayu's effect.

2) The way the chain works will allow you to get Caius.
Chain Link 1: Caius the Shadow Monarch
Chain Link 2: TG1-EM1
-- chain resolves backwards --
Chain Link 2: TG1-EM1 switches control of the two targets.
Chain Link 1: Caius removes the T.G monster from play.

3) Yes

4) Yes, Scrapstorm does not require you to destroy a face-up scrap monster, only select it as a target at activation.

5) If Jujitsu Master is destroyed by battle, it will activate at the end of the Damage Step at the time monsters are sent to the Graveyard, it will not be negated by skill drain. If Jujitsu Master is not destroyed by battle it will be negated by Skill Drain.

5) No.

6) Ryko will be removed from play.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoko318 2011-07-11, 17:28

kumaxtreme wrote:1)I activate soul release on a black wing player. He has a Vayu and sirocco in the grave and I choose both monsters. Can he use Vayu effect to synchro summon?
Well, seeing as you can only activate Soul Release on your turn, you opponent cannot activate ignition monster effects, so no.
2) I have a T.G monster on the field. My opponent summon Caius target my T.G monster. I chain with the trap T.G. Creature Swap. Will I still get Caius even after my TG monster is remove?
since your trap chains to Caius' effect, the swap will happen first, so Caius will be on your side of the field when the T.G. monster is removed.
3) My opponent has a cyber dragon and I have a machine monster. Can I use my opponent monster to summon chimeratech fortress dragon.
yes
4) I activate scrap storm on my scrap beast. My opponent chain book of moon to my scrap beast. Do I still get to destroy my scrap beast and get it effect?
I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure on this one.
5) Legendary Jujitsu Master is on the field in defense position. Skill drain is on the field. Can Jujitsu master still return a monster to the top of the deck?
if he isn't destroyed, no.
5) I have Mataza the zapper and my opponent has a blue eye white dragon. I activate creature swap. Mataza the zapper cannot switch control. Will I get my opponent Blue eyes white dragon?
No.
6)My opponent has Dimensional fissure on the field. I activate solar recharge and discard a ryko to activate it effect. Since it is discard will ryko go to the grave?no, any and all monsters that would be sent to the grave are removed, regardless of where they were sent from. In this example, any monsters you mill with Recharge will also be removed.

Answers in quote.

Last edited by Yoko318 on 2011-07-11, 17:35; edited 1 time in total
Yoko318
Yoko318

Birthday : 1989-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-07-11, 17:31

Thank you very much
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-11, 17:34

@Yoko,

5). depending on the situation Jujitsu master will return a monster as explained in my post.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoko318 2011-07-11, 17:35

I think I see what's up with the Mataza thing. I edited it, and the rest of my answers pretty much agreed with yours.

EDIT: we keep ninjaing each other's responses. Razz I edited the Juju thing, too.
Yoko318
Yoko318

Birthday : 1989-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-11, 20:10

Nitpick on #1, Vayu does not synchro summon the synchro monster using its effect

5. You cannot activate Creature Swap unless you have another monster other than Mataza the Zapper

If "Dimensional Fissure" is active, then you cannot send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard as a cost, since you might send a Monster Card to the Graveyard. Thus, you cannot activate effects like those of "Charge of the Light Brigade", "Card Trooper", or "Celestia, Lightsworn Angel".[4]
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-11, 20:17

@Key

Solar recharge does not send anything to the graveyard specifically as a cost
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-11, 20:22

I swear I saw Charge of the Light Brigade; are you sure you didn't edit anything ?? e___e
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-11, 20:45

You must be blind Razz
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  intch95 2011-07-13, 18:37

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
6. No

Last edited by intch95 on 2011-07-13, 21:35; edited 1 time in total
intch95
intch95

Birthday : 1990-08-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/intch95?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-13, 18:50

Since no one seemed to bother to explain completely

If you activate Scrap Storm and select your Beast and that beast is removed from field or flipped facd-down you still send 1 monster from your deck to your grave however since Scrapstorm specifically states that scrap monster has to be face up, your Scrap Beast is now face down and can't be destroyed by Scrapstorm therefor you won't get it's eff
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-13, 18:57

wrong. It gets destroyed. Storm only cares at activation if the card is face up, not resolution. And if you don't want to believe...
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Scrapstorm
If the target monster is face-down when this effect resolves, it is still destroyed.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down