Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions from me again

+9
Phoenix Wright
Roxzen
mysticgilford101
Kikyo Maaka
Zero2Hero
Badass_Bunny
dest
nelynel12
kumaxtreme
13 posters

Go down

Questions from me again Empty Questions from me again

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-07-07, 01:57

The whole purpose of this is to show proof to people who don't know the correct ruling when I'm on DN.

1) I forbidden chalice my opponent Reborn tengu. Later on that turn I destroy tengu. Will he get to special summon?

2)I summon reborn tengu and then a whole turn pass. On my turn my opponent use book of moon on my tengu. Can I flip up my tengu that was set?

3)My opponent only have a field spell in play. Can he be able to drop Gorz? (Had to argue with someone about this a few time.)

4)Explain what happen when synchro or a fusion monster return to the main deck or hand

5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast

6) What is the difference between Lumina and Zombie master? From what I heard Lumina don't need a lightswown monster in the grave to activate it effect.

7)Is Scrap dragon destruction effect have a cost? Does both my card and my opponent card destroy at the same time?

Cool I have royal opression on the field. My opponent use glow up bulb grave effect to summon itself. I negate it by paying 800. Does that effect count to the use only once per duel?

9) My opponent have the synchro Shien and the shogun shien. I activate a spell card on my turn and he negate it. Does it count toward the one card per play for shogun shien?
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Questions from me again Empty Re: Questions from me again

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-07, 02:21

1) I forbidden chalice my opponent Reborn tengu. Later on that turn I destroy tengu. Will he get to special summon? Yes He will.

2)I summon reborn tengu and then a whole turn pass. On my turn my opponent use book of moon on my tengu. Can I flip up my tengu that was set? If u have not summon him this turn.. yes.

3)My opponent only have a field spell in play. Can he be able to drop Gorz? (Had to argue with someone about this a few time.) No he cannot drop gorz.

4)Explain what happen when synchro or a fusion monster return to the main deck or hand - When it is return to the deck or hand it is sent to the extra deck.

5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast. Yes it does.

6) What is the difference between Lumina and Zombie master? From what I heard Lumina don't need a lightswown monster in the grave to activate it effect. You are correct. Another difference is that Zombie master HAS to remain FACE UP during the resolution or the monster will NOT summon. With lumina, it goes trough regardless.

7)Is Scrap dragon destruction effect have a cost? Does both my card and my opponent card destroy at the same time? It is not a cost. and yes its at the same time

Cool I have royal opression on the field. My opponent use glow up bulb grave effect to summon itself. I negate it by paying 800. Does that effect count to the use only once per duel? Yes it negates it. and glow up bulb cannot activate his efefct again. BTW glow up bulb mill is not a cost.

9) My opponent have the synchro Shien and the shogun shien. I activate a spell card on my turn and he negate it. Does it count toward the one card per play for shogun shien? No it does not because it was negated.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-07, 06:48

2) If book was used on the attack declaration you may not flip him, else you may flip him.

6) Uhm... I think there isn't a difference. From the rulings page:
You cannot activate "Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner's" effect if you do not have any Level 4 or lower "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard, even if you would discard one to activate the effect.
I can't find anything regarding the other differences you might see, but I doubth they are there...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-07, 08:39

Yeah Lumina can't activate it's eff if there is no LV 4 or Lower Lightsworn in your grave same goes for Zombie Master

The only difference between Lumina and Zombie Master is that Zombie Master has to be face up on the field during resolution while Lumina doesn't.

Even tho the text is the same and cards should work the same, again Konami has beaten logic
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-07, 08:47

nelynel12 wrote:1) I forbidden chalice my opponent Reborn tengu. Later on that turn I destroy tengu. Will he get to special summon? Yes He will.

2)I summon reborn tengu and then a whole turn pass. On my turn my opponent use book of moon on my tengu. Can I flip up my tengu that was set? If u have not summon him this turn.. yes.

3)My opponent only have a field spell in play. Can he be able to drop Gorz? (Had to argue with someone about this a few time.) No he cannot drop gorz.

4)Explain what happen when synchro or a fusion monster return to the main deck or hand - When it is return to the deck or hand it is sent to the extra deck.

5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast. Yes it does.

6) What is the difference between Lumina and Zombie master? From what I heard Lumina don't need a lightswown monster in the grave to activate it effect. You are correct. Another difference is that Zombie master HAS to remain FACE UP during the resolution or the monster will NOT summon. With lumina, it goes trough regardless.

7)Is Scrap dragon destruction effect have a cost? Does both my card and my opponent card destroy at the same time? It is not a cost. and yes its at the same time

Cool I have royal opression on the field. My opponent use glow up bulb grave effect to summon itself. I negate it by paying 800. Does that effect count to the use only once per duel? Yes it negates it. and glow up bulb cannot activate his efefct again. BTW glow up bulb mill is not a cost.

9) My opponent have the synchro Shien and the shogun shien. I activate a spell card on my turn and he negate it. Does it count toward the one card per play for shogun shien? No it does not because it was negated.
Most of the stuff here is right, except for the spell one. It does count as your 1 spell per turn. It has the same effect as when someone Solemns your normal summon, you can't normal summon again.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kikyo Maaka 2011-07-07, 09:00

kumaxtreme wrote:9) My opponent have the synchro Shien and the shogun shien. I activate a spell card on my turn and he negate it. Does it count toward the one card per play for shogun shien?
Yes, because of:
1) the rule of two Shogun Shien's applying (still can only activate once per turn regardless of their number) as synchro Shien's effect is the same, and;
2) if you negate, for example, a normal summon, you can't normal summon again that turn; the negated spell/trap would still apply as your one usage per turn, as you'd have had to have used it for it to get negated to start with.
Kikyo Maaka
Kikyo Maaka

Birthday : 1993-03-09

http://ameblo.jp/kikyo-maaka/

Back to top Go down

Post  mysticgilford101 2011-07-07, 09:46

kumaxtreme wrote:
9) My opponent have the synchro Shien and the shogun shien. I activate a spell card on my turn and he negate it. Does it count toward the one card per play for shogun shien?

It does not count toward the one spell/trap for the turn. The activation was Negated, therefore it never happened.
mysticgilford101
mysticgilford101

Birthday : 1989-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-07, 09:48

nelynel12 wrote:5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast. Yes it does.
Hmm? If that so Tengu will get it's effect once it is spun then.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mysticgilford101 2011-07-07, 09:53

Roxzen wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast. Yes it does.
Hmm? If that so Tengu will get it's effect once it is spun then.
Tengu will not activate if it is sent from the field to the deck.
mysticgilford101
mysticgilford101

Birthday : 1989-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-07, 10:06

GUYS. you are all wrong aboutthe shien thing. Look it up. If the card is negated it does not count.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-07, 10:34

kumaxtreme wrote:The whole purpose of this is to show proof to people who don't know the correct ruling when I'm on DN.

1) I forbidden chalice my opponent Reborn tengu. Later on that turn I destroy tengu. Will he get to special summon?

Yes

2)I summon reborn tengu and then a whole turn pass. On my turn my opponent use book of moon on my tengu. Can I flip up my tengu that was set?

I don't think so

3)My opponent only have a field spell in play. Can he be able to drop Gorz? (Had to argue with someone about this a few time.)

He cannot

4)Explain what happen when synchro or a fusion monster return to the main deck or hand

It will return to your extra deck

5) Does E-hero Absolute effect activate if it was return to the deck? Phoenix wing blast

no, its a "because konami says so" thing

6) What is the difference between Lumina and Zombie master? From what I heard Lumina don't need a lightswown monster in the grave to activate it effect.

Niether does, if you can summon what you ditch

7)Is Scrap dragon destruction effect have a cost? Does both my card and my opponent card destroy at the same time?

Its not a cost, its a targeted destruction effect, and both cards are destroyed at the same time

Cool I have royal opression on the field. My opponent use glow up bulb grave effect to summon itself. I negate it by paying 800. Does that effect count to the use only once per duel?

Nope, he can use it later

Nope you can still use a spell/trap

Last edited by Pox_Equestria on 2011-07-07, 15:09; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-07, 11:20

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Great_Shogun_Shien

If the effect of "Great Shogun Shien" is applied, when "Magic Jammer"/"Seven Tools of the Bandit"/etc negates the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, the opponent can activate one more Spell/Trap Card.
Shi En is stated here under "etc"^^

as for Tengu:
The thing is a bit odd, the extra deck is kinda threated different then the deck. I don't know why, but it is seen in several rulings. For example, Tengu states in its rulings:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Reborn_Tengu
This effect does not activate if Reborn Tengu is returned from the field to the Deck.
And Absolute Zero states in its Rulings:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Elemental_HERO_Absolute_Zero
If your "Elemental Hero Absolute Zero" is under your opponent's control, then when it is removed from the field and sent the Graveyard or the Extra Deck, it is sent to your Graveyard/Extra Deck, so it activates as your effect and destroys all monsters on your opponent's field.

If a face-up "Elemental Hero Absolute Zero" is removed from play from the field, its effect will activate after it is removed from play. If it is returned to the Extra Deck, its effect will activate after it is returned to the Extra Deck.

When "Elemental Hero Absolute Zero" is returned to the Extra Deck, its effect activates, and "Divine Wrath" can be chained. "Divine Wrath" will negate the effect and "Elemental Hero Absolute Zero" will be destroyed and sent from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard.
There are several other rulings which say so, but again, why the extra deck is threated so different from the deck is a book with 7 seals for me...^^
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  catking 2011-07-07, 11:48

Deck is always random and unknown knowledge to all according to game mechanics I guess.
catking
catking

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-07-07, 14:02

There is some conflicting answers >_<

Key or a mod I need you to confirm the answer.

Another question, My opponent has chimeratech fortress dragon with 4000 atk. I use the spell card shrink on chimeratech fortress dragon. Will the monster attack be 0 permanently?
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-07, 14:19

it wont be 0, it will be 2000 and goes up to 4000 again. Shrink affects the original attack and the original attack of fortress is 4k at that time (look carefully at its card text)

the only thing it will shrink to 0 are cards with an original attack of 0 or ? where the effect doesn't affect the original attack. (Copycat for example, there it is only an attack increase, not original attack)
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-07-07, 14:25

So who is overall right about all the questions.
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-07, 15:40

kumaxtreme wrote:So who is overall right about all the questions.

I am. Dest just gave you proof and he agreed with me. SO I am Smile
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-07, 15:51

Alright. You're right nelynel12. Nice work on your Rulings.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-07, 15:56

nelynel12 wrote:

yes, you are, except for that minor thing I stated here
Lumina is like Zombie Master in regards of the target in the grave, I only have no idea of the thing regarding being face up on the field since I can't find a ruling about that.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-07, 16:46

Nelynel12 was correct about everything except that Lumina doesn't need LS in grave to activate which dest pointed out. Period. Shi En and Shien don't make a lockdown because card has to resolve properly for it to be counted for Shien's Eff
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-07, 16:49

dest wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:

yes, you are, except for that minor thing I stated here
Lumina is like Zombie Master in regards of the target in the grave, I only have no idea of the thing regarding being face up on the field since I can't find a ruling about that.

I know that ruling I just made a mistake. LOl sorry Sad
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-07, 20:33

If the activation is negated, the spell card is never considered to be on the field, thus you can activate another one. If the effect of the spell card is negated, you cannot activate another spell/trap

Monsters attempting to summon is different than activations of spells and traps

Extra deck and main deck have different mechanics, trigger effects relying on leaving the field does not trigger if it's sent to the main deck unless the effect specifically state so (It will mention deck)
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-07, 20:54

Key wrote:If the activation is negated, the spell card is never considered to be on the field, thus you can activate another one. If the effect of the spell card is negated, you cannot activate another spell/trap

Monsters attempting to summon is different than activations of spells and traps

Extra deck and main deck have different mechanics, trigger effects relying on leaving the field does not trigger if it's sent to the main deck unless the effect specifically state so (It will mention deck)

So key are you confirming what des and I said?
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-08, 02:18

Some explanations, since you've been saying it's negated while not specifying the activation or the effect.

Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-08, 02:19

Key wrote:Some explanations, since you've been saying it's negated while not specifying the activation or the effect.

You are right. I did not explain it well enough.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyRainEve(TeWe) 2011-07-08, 07:08

Can I activate multiple S/T within the same chain, while the effect of Shien is applied?add Shi En there if necessary :3
LilyRainEve(TeWe)
LilyRainEve(TeWe)

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-08, 07:10

LilyRainEve(TeWe) wrote:Can I activate multiple S/T within the same chain, while the effect of Shien is applied?add Shi En there if necessary :3

Shien effect does not chain. So if you play mst you cannot chain another magic or trap. NOW if the 1st mst was negated. Then you can play one after.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  WrightJustice 2011-07-08, 14:05

I dunno about zombie master but I know Lumina needs a lightsworn in the grave to activate but can summon a lightsowrn that is discarded to activate the effect.

WrightJustice

Birthday : 1991-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down