Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide

+13
gamer14
EnvoyofInfinity
Potus-Mat
XIVcaliber
Celsty
3E-hero neos
CaiusTSR
Yami-Malik
Roxzen
Red_Chaos
Ceteruler2
Darkfireness
Johnny Raptor
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide Empty "Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-19, 15:04

Welcome to the Guide that a certain Raptor we all know has written! Now, bear in mind, I’ve never actually written a guide before, so excuse however messy it may be. CTRL + F will be your best friend, and click on the Spoilers if you wanna read the contents. =P

Table of Contents:
I – Introduction
II – Strategy
III – Members of Spacial Atlantis
IV – Tech/Staples
V – Closing

I - Introduction

Spoiler:
II – Strategy

Spoiler:

III – Members of Spacial Atlantis

Spoiler:

IV – Tech/Staples

Spoiler:

V – Closing

Spoiler:

Last edited by Johnny Raptor on 2011-08-11, 17:25; edited 8 times in total
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

"Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide Empty Re: "Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide

Post  Darkfireness 2011-07-20, 16:39

bounce Darky love the guides~ Thanks for all the details!
Darkfireness
Darkfireness

Birthday : 1995-10-16

http://darkfireness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

"Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide Empty Re: "Banishment, thy Name is Ruin" - BaniShark Guide

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-20, 16:41

Thanks. I just have to edit a little 'cause I admit it looks messy. ^^;
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfireness 2011-07-20, 16:42

it's not that messy : P

Last edited by Darkfireness on 2011-07-20, 16:43; edited 1 time in total
Darkfireness
Darkfireness

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-20, 16:43

Suuuure, and my signature isn't No. 17 Leviath Dragon. XP
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfireness 2011-07-20, 16:45

Johnny Raptor wrote:Suuuure, and my signature isn't No. 17 Leviath Dragon. XP

....got me there Razz
Darkfireness
Darkfireness

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-20, 18:48

Updating with a bit of a new discovery. I'll incorporate it later.

As I was looking through cards, I noticed how Spiked Sunfish as well as Killer Frilled Shark are all Fish-type Monsters, and as such, need the graveyard to function just fine. Genex Undine is fairly slow, requiring a Normal Summon. However, I think I've come up with a solution that doesn't swallow 6 Spaces at once (3 Undine 3 Controller).

Nimble Sunfish. This is a theory, but it sends Spiked Sunfish and Killer Frilled Shark into the graveyard pretty quick, and special summons another copy of itself that's ready to dump moar fishies into the graveyard. What's the best part? It makes EXCELLENT Pot of Avarice fuel, while you can keep on Banishing Killer Frilled Shark if there's an attack you ABSOLUTELY cannot allow to pull through.

This will be tested when I finally return to the game, which should be give or take a week. I decided to take a break simply because of a few relationship problems and issues I need to clear before I can go back to the game without feeling miserable.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-20, 19:25

Good one Johnny! Usually when you think of using Nimble Sunfish you think of dumping Coelacanth, but with the BaniSharks coming out, old cards get new uses Very Happy
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Birthday : 1994-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-20, 22:58

It worked a lot better than I expected (I logged on and said "to hell with my ex, I'll just have a test duel with a friend"), and... wow...

It was annoying against my opponent because dumping Killer Frilled means you won't be attacking the second copy if you swarmed, or dumping Spiked Sunfish meant you were gonna lose 500 ATK for as long as that Monster was face-up. It worked a lot faster than the Genex Engine because it actually freed up space for better cards than Genex Controller.

Now then, Salvage has gotten a new usage because I've learned a new trick today.

Sunfish will mill Killer Frilled, another copy will mill Spiked Sunfish, and the last copy will ditch Shark Sucker.

Why?

Salvage fetches back Killer/Spiked + Shark Sucker to make a 1-card Xyz Summon into Black Ray Lancer/Aero Shark/Leviathan Dragon/ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS RANK 3.

Thus, I've seemingly found a new way to spam things.

Also, Deep Sea Diva makes sweet love with herself, Air Orca, AND Sunfish in order to make Gachi Gachi Gantetsu(a slightly annoying wall while I wait for Air Orca to come back) or I can just use 'em all to Synchro Summon Black Rose Dragon and get outta whatever hairy situation is there.

Nimble Sunfish has opened up a new door, and I'm pushin' through this one to see what's at the end of the road. As Shark continues to Duel, I'll be getting more Fish into my arsenal, and eventually be forced to run Fish Depth Charge seeing as it'd be my Fish Variant's Gemini Spark.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-20, 23:12

Shocked

Wow...Looks like I was right; old cards are creating new paths. I'm going to have to jump on the Nimble bandwagon (sorry Undine, he's faster than you).

Johnny, you're fast becoming a pioneer in the Dueling world (at least in your domain). I can't wait to see what you come up with next Razz

P.S. If you need any help with guides (for instance updating the BanishShark guide with this "new" information), I'd be more than willing...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-07-20, 23:24

Good work and nice article
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-21, 01:39

Do you have to be proficient in sharking people to play BaniShark? Shocked

Thoughts on Macro Lancer build?
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-21, 14:32

Actually, Sea Lancer.dek was supposed to be a D.D. BaniShark.dek, another variant I was thinking of. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. With this, you can have an Anti-Meta esque feel to the deck and run Sea Lancer because if the Equips get nuked, they get returned to the Banishment Pile for another day. Also, this allows one to run D.D. Survivor along with D.D. Scout Plane for a wide spectrum of Synchro Summons or Xyz Summons. Hell, the two alone provide the ability to become tribute fodder for Sea Lancer who then grabs maybe 2+ BaniSharks and becomes a solid 2300 Beater that can beat face. Also, you can tune him with Diva to make Gungnir, a dragon I've been trying to tame for a while now. Only way even my build could do it is if I dropped Air Orca and punched in WATER-Attribute Sea Serpents for Diva to grab. Or hell, the obligatory Level 3 BaniShark and then Diva -> Diva -> Synchro Twice (Gishil, obviously) -> Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.

Also, Piercing Moray would see a decent amount of play there because if a BaniShark gets stuck (i.e. No Face-Up's on the opponent's side of the field for Air Orca to blow up), you can Tribute(Banish) it to gain 600 ATK and have a piercing beater on the field.

While I know this seems like a strange idea, it'd also allow the use of Fish Rain or Evil-Spawning Riverbed to be used possibly in 2's or 3 in the case of Evil-Spawning.

However, this is up for testing, you can proceed to do it too. Just beware that Winged Tortoise and Killer Frilled may have to be excluded from your plans.

One more thing. Dimensional Fissure > Macro Cosmos. Xyz Monsters, when they're destroyed/banished will leave their Overlay Units/Xyz Material to hit the dust in the graveyard, because they are not counted as "Monster Cards", but rather, just "cards" in general. Thus, Dimensional Fissure and Different Dimension Ground could generally help ya.

Hope it goes well for ya!
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-21, 15:06

Shocked

Why have I never realized the genius that resides within you, Johnny? I'm totally building this when I get the chance Razz
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-21, 15:19

Go get 'em Shark-Ass!
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-21, 15:59

Ceteruler2 wrote:Good one Johnny! Usually when you think of using Nimble Sunfish you think of dumping Coelacanth, but with the BaniSharks coming out, old cards get new uses Very Happy

Speaking of which, that card is broken. It seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY needs to be hit. I've tested it in a Shark Build(as in, Kamishiro-style cards and everything)... I wanted to kick Kevin in the nuts. =_=

One discard, and you've got a Vylon Disigma, or 1 Black Ray Lancer + Number 17: Leviathan Dragon.

Or hell, you could even make Number 34: Terror Byte OUTTA NOWHERE.

It's going to become QUITE the powerful Xyz Engine rather than a simple Synchro Spam-engine. Hell, it'll pull 2 Killer Frilleds and 2 Spiked Sunfish DIRECTLY from the deck and ready to be used when they become Overlay Units. =/
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-21, 16:54

Johnny Raptor wrote:
Ceteruler2 wrote:Good one Johnny! Usually when you think of using Nimble Sunfish you think of dumping Coelacanth, but with the BaniSharks coming out, old cards get new uses Very Happy

Speaking of which, that card is broken. It seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY needs to be hit. I've tested it in a Shark Build(as in, Kamishiro-style cards and everything)... I wanted to kick Kevin in the nuts. =_=

One discard, and you've got a Vylon Disigma, or 1 Black Ray Lancer + Number 17: Leviathan Dragon.

It's going to become QUITE the powerful Xyz Engine rather than a simple Synchro Spam-engine. Hell, it'll pull 2 Killer Frilleds and 2 Spiked Sunfish DIRECTLY from the deck and ready to be used when they become Overlay Units. =/
OMG. Wow. Shit's broken. I don't even like Super Ancient Derpface, but I'm considering running it just to swam the field with busted Xyz monsters.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-21, 18:37

My builds aren't doing well on DN 'cause I'm used to Xyz Monsters. I hate being crippled and patient all at once. >____>;

Ah well, I can wait. Razz
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-21, 19:33

Lol the only build that is working for me is the Genex Synchro build with Treeborn and such.

I can't wait either. I don't mind the wait though. I rather have it work fine and not be buggy than be broken AND buggy.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-21, 21:11

Johnny Raptor wrote:

This. Heh, I haven't even seen a Coelacanth in months, but pretty soon, Fish-users other than you are going to start using them, and then (like it always goes) more and more people will start running the deck. If we thought Coelacanth Synchro Swarm was bad...

I can see it now: Coelacanth Xyz Swarm...No
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-07-22, 05:10

I like your style of writing man, you're funny as hell xD.
You really seem to know what you're talking about, good job!

Ps: @Ceteruler2, don't worry, without Librarian draws it won't be that strong I think.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsty 2011-07-22, 07:00

no aegis? Very Happy
Celsty
Celsty

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-22, 09:18

3E-hero neos wrote:I like your style of writing man, you're funny as hell xD.

Ps: @Ceteruler2, don't worry, without Librarian draws it won't be that strong I think.

Xyz Gift needs to talk to you. It only detaches any two Overlay Units of your choice since an OTK only needs an effect to go off juuuust once. =p
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-22, 09:53

3E-hero neos wrote:I like your style of writing man, you're funny as hell xD.

Well first, of course it's not going to exactly the same without Librarian, but it's not supposed to be (besides, if you really wanted him, and you're running any Diva's, her + any Level 3 = H. Librarian). Like Johnny said, once Coelacanth's on the field, every turn you can potentially bring out 2 Xyz for the cost of 1 card. Depending on which ones you bring out...No

Also, (like Johnny said) this card will help advance the swarming, even without Librarian:
Spoiler:

Notice that the text allows you to take 1 from each, not 2 from the same Xyz, and it puts the monsters in the Graveyard, allowing you to reuse them later.
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-22, 10:30

And the +1 can stack up with the deck-thinning that Moray of Greed provides so much of.

Oh, and Aegis isn't great here with the WIND-Attributes, plus the fact that it seems to be a draw of DEATH on Dueling Network. Elsewhere, it's a good thing to draw in a WATER-Variant, but for some ODD reason, it's become a dead draw on Dueling Network to a point where I took it out for 2 Dimensional Prisons. :T
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-22, 11:16

Plus (you mentioned it before), if you bring out say 2 Spiked Sunfish, then use Xyz Gift (or the Xyz is destroyed) and send them to the Graveyard, their effects activate Very Happy

That's a cool 1000 from one monster (or 500 from 2), and (if you used Gift) 2 free cards. It really reminds me of a Frognarchs play or something...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-22, 22:35

Also generates the ability to negate an attack should anything try to smack Coela like a certain Catastrophic Machine who practically is an Ally to the thing we call "Justice".
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-23, 02:59

Lol I had a friend try to TT my Oni cause he was starting to rack up damage. If I hadn't had read this guide way back when I wouldn't have know it wasn't being summoned just appearing on the field. XD
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 03:04

It pays to read cards. Always. Remember that, kiddies. If you don't read your cards and remember what they say, don't expect your opponent to know crap-o about 'em. Cool

Anyhoo, if anyone's going to ask WHY I never brought up Gold Sarc, it's because if we could get a Fortune's Future-esque card from GENF/PHSW, THEN we'd talk about it being awesome and so workable for us, etc.

However, we've yet to get a card like that, but I can Utopia that Shark plays one card that'll get back Killer Frilled Shark in that exact manner. (Send it to the grave, draw 2, etc)
Anyhoo, I'll sign off for the night. It's about time I get some rest from this bloodbath.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsty 2011-07-23, 06:40

ah ye, indeed Very Happy
how about return from the different dimension Very Happy
Celsty
Celsty

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 12:49

Celsty wrote:ah ye, indeed Very Happy
how about return from the different dimension Very Happy

Problem is...

>Seven Tools is somewhat of a staple, but we don't make big plays, so I say no to this.
>You are GUARANTEED to take damage using this deck
>Solemn Judgment

Your life points will hit an all-time low, and Solemn Warning(2000 LP's) kills the Return because you paid out the arse for that effect, but Solemn Warning stopped you. Your life points are low for no reason at that point.

Magical Android is our only form of recovery for +600 per EP, and if you play another, you gain +2400 per EP. However, you have to protect these guys, otherwise they get smacked hard. D:

tl;dr - Use Return at your own risk, but I absolutely do not find it necessary.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsty 2011-07-23, 19:48

hmm, true >.>
Celsty
Celsty

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 21:05

Oh, and has anyone tested out the consistency rate of Zero Force? I'm curious because I only had one player give me results, and I'm too lazy to log onto Dueling Network for a second time today just to test one card. xD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-23, 21:13

He's right. Paying have your life points for something that could be stopped by just about anything these days is a really big risk. Unless you're running a some pseudo D.D Fish deck I don't recommend it either.

That's interesting card, but I wouldn't try it. It could be inconsistent and slow the deck down.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 21:35

Now to wait on those Spells and Trap that Konami has as the last exclusives.

I REALLY hope it's something that helps us, and I REALLY REALLLYYYYY hope it's a Fortune's Future for this deck. Hell, they could restrain it with "No Special Summons" for all I care, just give us one and I won't be mad anymore. T___T
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-23, 22:17

Johnny Raptor wrote:Now to wait on those Spells and Trap that Konami has as the last exclusives.

I REALLY hope it's something that helps us, and I REALLY REALLLYYYYY hope it's a Fortune's Future for this deck. Hell, they could restrain it with "No Special Summons" for all I care, just give us one and I won't be mad anymore. T___T
We do need it, for all the options it would give us: 2 cards and an Unlimited Burial-esque effect (which includes RFG control and restocking the Graveyard).

I've said it before; Konami needs to listen to more of the serious requests from their serious fans/customers...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 22:20

Reason I want it is because Sunfish works WHENEVER it hits the graveyard from ANY Locations, and thus, it'd give a +1 and a -500 ATK any time you activate that Spell on a Banished Sunfish. XD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-23, 22:29

And you could use it to +1 and replace a Killer Frilled in the Grave to reuse his Necro Gardna effect...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 22:39

Then there's Monster Slot which is like an Upstart Goblin that requires(in our cases) a Level 3 on the field and graveyard. XD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-23, 22:43

Combo that with the card Konami needs to make, Fish and Kicks, or Oh F!sh!...Shocked
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-23, 22:56

The only thing that keeps it from being cool is the whole "Target one on the field", which could be potentially bad in top-decking situations.

BUUUUT... I one time topped into Air Orca with Sky Oni on the field and Special Summoned it.

That was one of the 1000x I wished DN had Xyz Monsters. T___T
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-23, 23:05

Yeah; if they'd just made it "Banish 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then draw 1 card and reveal it. If it is a monster with the same Level as the banished monster, Special Summon it.", then it would be so much better (and somewhat broken).

Also, I rather wish it were a Quickplay...Oh well, "if wishes were fishes..." (See what I did there?)

I read somewhere on here that the Xyzs are supposed to be on DN by the first of August, but since I can't remember where or when I saw that, I'm not too certain...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-23, 23:29

The Sky Fish are going to get kicked in to high gear hard once we get Empty Space and No. 17. Can't wait *manly squeel*
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-23, 23:35

CaiusTSR wrote:The Sky Fish are going to get kicked in to high gear hard once we get Empty Space and No. 17. Can't wait *manly squeel*
Totally.

And men don't squeal; we grunt excitedly. "Unnngggghhhh yeeeahhhhh..."
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-24, 00:12

Grunting hurts my throat ^^;

What do you guys think of Gaichi Gaichi Gentetsu in the extra. He can be summoned with Diva and give everyone a nice +400 attack bonus. Makes Empty Space a 2200 monster who is much harder to get over. Makes Oni a 1000 direct attacker and Fly-Fang a 2000 Piercer.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-24, 00:30

CaiusTSR wrote:Grunting hurts my throat ^^;

What do you guys think of Gaichi Gaichi Gentetsu in the extra. He can be summoned with Diva and give everyone a nice +400 attack bonus. Makes Empty Space a 2200 monster who is much harder to get over. Makes Oni a 1000 direct attacker and Fly-Fang a 2000 Piercer.

Already ahead of ya, bro.

You can also maintain the WIND-Attribute Theme by using Daigusto Phoenix who allows Fly-Fang or Sky Oni-Eating Ray to attack 2x before they leave the field. Daigusto can also just pick himself so he can go all "ROAR!" and bite the opponent for about 3000 damage if you cleared their Monster Zones off in some magic way. affraid
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-24, 00:46

Lol Fly-Fang says hello to Spirit Reaper. He likes him so much he decided to say it twice.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-24, 00:50

Plus the fact that Gachi Gachi requires to be killed 3 times for him to be permanently out of the picture. He starts with 2200 DEF anyway, so you'd have to Smashing Ground him 2x and swing over 1800 DEF, or just attack it 3 times, which is what this meta seems to be all about. Razz
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-24, 03:49

I think 3G is just a big troll face.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-24, 09:36

It's always a troll face. If it wasn't, then Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Armed Dragon LV 10, Red Dragon Archfiend, and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon all failed to do their jobs.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next