Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide

+14
CaiusTSR
XIVcaliber
-Pacman-
Shuno of the Fallen
Zero2Hero
Adept VantageSP
Rainbow Haruka
nelynel12
Johnny Raptor
Mewtwo
{EX} TheVoid
byak
Ceteruler2
Chiaki
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide Empty Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-23, 20:50

Welcome. Within are all the cards, their effects, and combos for each. It will soon be fit with everything that is underlined in the Table of Contents, as those are yet untouched. Further, feel free to post decks here if you are inspired by any themes written herein, as well as post corrections to any grammar errors or errors in general.

Lastly, CTRL + F is neat. Use it.

This guide has not been updated following the September 2011 banlist and no part will reflect the change until I get around to editing it. Thank you for your patience.

==================
I. Table of Contents
==================

I. Table of Contents
II. Introduction
III. The Samurai - A History Lesson
IV. The Six Samurai - How the Archetype Works, Sub-Types & Strategies
V. The Six Samurai - Past
VI. The Six Samurai – Present
VII. The Six Samurai – Support Cards
VIII. Match-ups – Good & Bad
IX. What to Consider When Creating a Side Deck
X. The Other Side of the Sword - How to Blunt Samurai Steel
XI. My Deck List
XII. The Motivation Behind Card Choices
XIII. Special Thanks

==================
II. Introduction
==================

Last edited by Chiaki on 2011-10-15, 22:10; edited 4 times in total
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide Empty Re: Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-23, 20:51

==================
III. The Samurai - A History Lesson
==================

Spoiler:

=================
IV. The Six Samurai - How the Archetype Works, Sub-Types & Strategies
==================

Spoiler:

==================
V. The Six Samurai – Past
==================

Spoiler:

==================
VI. The Six Samurai – Present
==================

Spoiler:

==================
VII. The Six Samurai – Support Cards
==================

Spoiler:

Last edited by Chiaki on 2011-08-04, 21:09; edited 1 time in total
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide Empty Re: Bushido - The Complete Six Samurai Guide

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-23, 20:52

Spoiler:

==================
VIII. Match-ups – Good & Bad
==================

Spoiler:

==================
IX. What to Consider When Creating a Side Deck
==================

Spoiler:

==================
X. The Other Side of the Sword - How to Blunt Samurai Steel
==================

Spoiler:

==================
XI. My Deck List
==================

Spoiler:

==================
XII. The Motivation Behind Card Choices
==================
Spoiler:

==================
XIII. Special Thanks
==================

Spoiler:

==================
And here you have it. I will make it prettier as time goes on.
==================
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-25, 22:36

Great read, Chiaki! Subbing! Oh wait...

Seriously, this guide is just as good here as it was on Pojo. I'm surprised it doesn't have more views yet, as anything with "Six Samurai" in its name nowadays sends people running either away from or toward the object within seconds of its creation (just try posting a new gag topic on the board called "New Six Samurai Support" and see how many views you get within 5 minutes Very Happy)...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Birthday : 1994-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-25, 22:45

Thank you very much.

It's pretty much a paste of what was on Pojo, though I literally had to go through every instance of [YGOCARD] and delete it. That was fun.

I do notice the hatred Samurai have garnered here. I presume it is tied to the lack of matches, and thus the inability to side Samurai-crushing cards. I imagine that will change once people learn how to combat them, and I hope my anti-Samurai section helps with that as well.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-25, 22:59

Chiaki wrote:Thank you very much.

It's pretty much a paste of what was on Pojo, though I literally had to go through every instance of [YGOCARD] and delete it. That was fun.

I do notice the hatred Samurai have garnered here. I presume it is tied to the lack of matches, and thus the inability to side Samurai-crushing cards. I imagine that will change once people learn how to combat them, and I hope my anti-Samurai section helps with that as well.
Yes, the Samurai have lost the respect that they used to inspire. Once people saw how fast the Decks were, and how often they let one win, their Bushido was lost in an sea of netdecking and overuse. As my dad says "It only takes one, and then everyone starts doing it..." No

It's a pity really; I used to like and dabble in them. For the moment, I'm waiting till that moment when the Samurai lose their meta-ness and are honourable again, and that's when I'll reacquaint myself with them...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-07-31, 00:53

The article is full of so many pointless facts that a reader doesn't really need to read.
The only information that a reader needs to get is what the optimal Samurai builds play and how the deck makes plays. I don't want to learn about these like 15 other bad variants.

And instead of playing Ceasefire/Swords/Magic Cylinder, play actual protection since Plants are a deck and if you can't stop their Synchro Tengu Plant Debris plays your Magic Cylinder is worthless.
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-31, 00:56

My TLDR version:

Take a lighter and see how fast them burn!
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-31, 20:07

byak wrote:The article is full of so many pointless facts that a reader doesn't really need to read.
The only information that a reader needs to get is what the optimal Samurai builds play and how the deck makes plays. I don't want to learn about these like 15 other bad variants.

And instead of playing Ceasefire/Swords/Magic Cylinder, play actual protection since Plants are a deck and if you can't stop their Synchro Tengu Plant Debris plays your Magic Cylinder is worthless.
Good sir, this is a guide to the cards themselves, not a dedicated Samurai Deck-Building Guide.

If you wanted your post to have any impact on Chiaki at all, then perhaps you should have stated your post as an OPINION or a suggestion instead of a fact. "Chiaki, I believe that this guide has a little bit too many facts and doesn't accurately describe a good Six Samurai build; maybe you could consider changing it?" See, was that so hard?

The way you phrased your post makes it a blanket statement that seems to describe everyone, which in all reality you can't pull off. For example, I absolutely loved this Guide, and I'm a "reader"; does that mean your post affects me as well? Obviously not. And if YOU don't want to learn about these "15 other bad variants" (just because they aren't the current meta build doesn't make them bad, by the way) doesn't mean you can speak for everyone else. Simply say that YOU didn't like the guide and move on; doing so would make you come across as less rude.

Finally, if you believe you can do better, why don't you create your own guide instead of dissing someone else's?

Ok, thanks, bye!
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-07-31, 20:21

Lol why do sams need a guide?
Kageki->Kagemusha->Shi En-> backrows. GG.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-31, 20:56

Mewtwo wrote:Lol why do sams need a guide?
Kageki->Kagemusha->Shi En-> backrows. GG.
Because Six Sams is a series of cards that are more than just Kageki, Kagemusha, and Shi En. Before those 3 came along, much of what Chiaki has written was true. In fact, if some people get their way, and Shi En and other Sams get Semi-Limited or Limited, Six Sam users may be forced to use some of those older cards (That I'd like to see lol)
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-31, 21:22

byak wrote:The article is full of so many pointless facts that a reader doesn't really need to read.

Perhaps you forgot to read the Introduction. This lack of reading, in truth, may well exempt you from the category of "readers", because you probably are not reading.

And in defense of my techs, I explain why I put them in, and in the very first few paragraphs of the article I state what I want my theme to symbolize. In regard to playing against other match-ups, perhaps I can use something called the Side Deck.

Next time you try to cut me down, come with a sharper sword.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-07-31, 22:19

Chiaki wrote:Next time you try to cut me down, come with a sharper sword.
Wow, Chiaki, you summed up my long statement AND one-upped me in one comment Very Happy
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-07-31, 22:32

Subbing, mainly because my funnest variant was one that could summon Shooting Quasar Dragon using Shi En's or Librarians. Razz
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-08-01, 00:42

I have never seen a Samurai deck bring Quasar out...

How did you do that? o.O
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-04, 13:06

Chiaki wrote:

Perhaps you forgot to read the Introduction. This lack of reading, in truth, may well exempt you from the category of "readers", because you probably are not reading.

And in defense of my techs, I explain why I put them in, and in the very first few paragraphs of the article I state what I want my theme to symbolize. In regard to playing against other match-ups, perhaps I can use something called the Side Deck.

Next time you try to cut me down, come with a sharper sword.

Your reasoning for Magical Cylinder etc is terrible, and you're better off playing Fiendish Chains/Oppression instead since they're going to win you more games than Cylinder.

You also fail to mention maining Dimensional Fissure to counter the meta and that Ascetitism can bring out Elder with Kagemusha, and Enishi with a pumped Kageki since those are the main reasons you'd even want you play Ascetitism (you say Irou instead, which is lol), which leads to further disappointment.
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-04, 13:16

No body cares about six sams. They suck -__- by the way if your going to help people who play six sams play against the meta. Why don't you tell them real metadecks not "skill drain plants" That's not even tier 1 or meta. Try tengu plants and now T.G skill drain.. Six sams suck anyway and will never be tier 1 again for a while. All your "tech" are not very good I much rather d prison over Magic Cylinder
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-04, 13:52

Alright, that's it.

If y'all two don't like the guide, then please proceed to simply leave. This is just mainly for bringing Samurais from being 'herp derp derp Shi En' to a Bushido-like code back when the samurais existed with their moral code of Bushido.

Bushido was so that you don't swing your sword, and let your opponent hurt themselves while you proceed to finish them off with your own blade.

That in itself means quite a lot, and there's a REASON the Guide's name is "Bushido".

Please do research before attacking someone's forums simply because they didn't write about the Herp Derp that everyone already knows. =___=;

Please do not force me to either lock the thread, or just delete a post or two. I'd really not like to use mod-things on this thread... (not like I'm allowed to anyway...). =/
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-04, 15:07

Johnny Raptor wrote:Alright, that's it.

If y'all two don't like the guide, then please proceed to simply leave. This is just mainly for bringing Samurais from being 'herp derp derp Shi En' to a Bushido-like code back when the samurais existed with their moral code of Bushido.

Bushido was so that you don't swing your sword, and let your opponent hurt themselves while you proceed to finish them off with your own blade.

That in itself means quite a lot, and there's a REASON the Guide's name is "Bushido".

Please do research before attacking someone's forums simply because they didn't write about the Herp Derp that everyone already knows. =___=;

Please do not force me to either lock the thread, or just delete a post or two. I'd really not like to use mod-things on this thread... (not like I'm allowed to anyway...). =/

Your talking about honor and all that stuff like it matters? lol Its a card game -_- Play what wins. and like I said six sams is not herp derp they suck.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-04, 15:54

nelynel12 wrote:

Your talking about honor and all that stuff like it matters? lol Its a card game -_- Play what wins. and like I said six sams is not herp derp they suck.

It doesn't matter, but it's the way one person wants to play and then share a guide to everyone else who's interested in using Bushido as a way to formulate a new deck. It's not a foreign concept that such a thing can happen. =/
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-04, 17:08

Johnny Raptor wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:

It doesn't matter, but it's the way one person wants to play and then share a guide to everyone else who's interested in using Bushido as a way to formulate a new deck. It's not a foreign concept that such a thing can happen. =/
Thank you for summing me up, Johnny. If people don't like this thread, they can leave it without dissing the author. You don't ALWAYS have to say anything. It's like Youtube...

Nely, who are you to tell Chiaki not only how to write HIS guide, but how to play HIS Decks? It's his choice to play meta or not. Notice he hasn't said anything about your style of playing...

Like I said before, all of these comments might be seen in a more favorable light if you phrased them as suggestions instead of dictating what Chiaki must and must not play or write...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-04, 17:29

Seems to me like most people here are hating on the deck rather then the comments that are dealt with in this guide.
I have no love for Six sams as a meta, However I am all in favour of the use of uncommonly used or forgotten cards, for that alone I applaud your efforts even if they seem to have fallen on deaf ear here.
I may yet have to make an 'old school' Samurai deck, just for fun. Smile
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-04, 18:20

Ceteruler2 wrote:
Johnny Raptor wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:

Thank you for summing me up, Johnny. If people don't like this thread, they can leave it without dissing the author. You don't ALWAYS have to say anything. It's like Youtube...

Nely, who are you to tell Chiaki not only how to write HIS guide, but how to play HIS Decks? It's his choice to play meta or not. Notice he hasn't said anything about your style of playing...

Like I said before, all of these comments might be seen in a more favorable light if you phrased them as suggestions instead of dictating what Chiaki must and must not play or write...

Hmmm how can I put it in a nice way. The deck list = a bad deck. People who plays bad cards and bad decks and defend it to a degree is a bad player. Noone takes critism right away when I say play d prison over magic cylinder and that the deck wont compete against the meta. You guys just cannot take criticism
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-04, 18:35

nelynel12 wrote:
Ceteruler2 wrote:
Johnny Raptor wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:

Hmmm how can I put it in a nice way. The deck list = a bad deck. People who plays bad cards and bad cards and defend it to a degree is a bad player. Noone takes critism right away when I say play d prison over magic cylinder and that the deck wont compete against the meta. You guys just cannot take criticism
So you're calling me (and any others like me) bad players because we are interested in cards YOU call bad? Just because YOU say that the card is bad, the card is bad?

For the umpteenth time I say it, you keep phrasing your posts as demands and absolute truths, instead of suggestions. Instead of saying "In my opinion, the deck list = a bad deck", you say it as if there's no other option or reality than what you say.

Also I repeat; if Chiaki was interested in writing a guide based solely about playing Samurais against the meta, he would have.

Finally, in regards to your criticism comment: your definition of criticism seems to be yelling out "You're wrong!" and that being the end of it. Anyway, even if your posts could be called criticism, you're not taking OUR criticism either; we keep telling you that if you don't like it you can leave, yet you will not heed us.

Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-04, 18:39

nelynel12 wrote:Hmmm how can I put it in a nice way. The deck list = a bad deck.

The purpose of this article is to discuss the group of cards and how they can be used in certain decks, A direct comparision to a deck list is never really made. thus not only making this statment invalid to the currect article but overall pointless.

nelynel12 wrote:People who plays bad cards and bad decks and defend it to a degree is a bad player.

Not everyone plays this game to win or to 'be the best', ones perfered method of playing does not directly compare to thier skills as a player.

nelynel12 wrote:Noone takes critism right away when I say play d prison over magic cylinder and that the deck wont compete against the meta. You guys just cannot take criticism

Criticism is a funny thing, you have made several points thoughout this topic to claim that what this person is saying is wrong or pointless, yet you have given no valid or proper reason as to why he is wrong or pointless other then what really boils down to is 'I hate this deck'.

This is just my opinion, you can take it or leave it as you see fit.
And to answear that thing you put in your sig that you will most likely remove after seeing this, No, I don't love you.

Johnny Edit: Actually, that's a user code.
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-04, 18:43

nelynel12 wrote:Hmmm how can I put it in a nice way. The deck list = a bad deck. People who plays bad cards and bad decks and defend it to a degree is a bad player. Noone takes critism right away when I say play d prison over magic cylinder and that the deck wont compete against the meta. You guys just cannot take criticism

That is irrelevant to what you're doing. All you're doing is bashing a guide that takes time and effort to write. Have you seen mine? That took me almost weeks to develop, and it's STILL undergoing construction because it's not satisfactory to settle for it the way it is. I can only make it better or possibly worse than it can be, but I have the chance to fix it anyway.

Chiaki did not have to write this, but Chiaki still wrote this guide to help those who want to add personality into a deck.

Sure, it may not look like there are 'good' card choices, but they're certainly not bad either. I've said it before, and now I'll say it one more time. Jump out of this thread and never post here again if you've got nothing productive to say.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-04, 19:05

Derpy Hooves wrote:
nelynel12 wrote:Hmmm how can I put it in a nice way. The deck list = a bad deck.

The purpose of this article is to discuss the group of cards and how they can be used in certain decks, A direct comparision to a deck list is never really made. thus not only making this statment invalid to the currect article but overall pointless.

nelynel12 wrote:People who plays bad cards and bad decks and defend it to a degree is a bad player.

Not everyone plays this game to win or to 'be the best', ones perfered method of playing does not directly compare to thier skills as a player.

nelynel12 wrote:Noone takes critism right away when I say play d prison over magic cylinder and that the deck wont compete against the meta. You guys just cannot take criticism

Criticism is a funny thing, you have made several points thoughout this topic to claim that what this person is saying is wrong or pointless, yet you have given no valid or proper reason as to why he is wrong or pointless other then what really boils down to is 'I hate this deck'.

And to answear that thing you put in your sig that you will most likely remove after seeing this, No, I don't love you.

This all day, everyday. Exactly what I'm saying.
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-04, 19:37

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Actually your wrong bro. He put his deck list up there -_-

and magic clynder is a bad card it is. It is a waste of space in the deck when you can be playing better cards like d prison.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-04, 20:20

That's your opinion, Nely! In a Burn Deck, Magic Cylinder > D. Prison. Just because it's not the best in every Deck doesn't make it bad, either.

Besides (be honest), what did you use before D. Prison came along (besides Mirror Force)? Very Happy
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-08-04, 20:46

It's always interesting seeing the sparks fly. Where to begin.

Within the Introduction, I tell why I wrote everything in this guide. If you know how to read, perchance one might glean that I care more about building a deck that personifies the theme I wish to create rather than winning.

This is not to belittle or make meaningless the efforts of those that play a child's card game for the sole purpose of stomping their opponents' faces in, nor the talent and skill required to take a deck to Top 8.

Regarding the lack of up-to-date Asceticism targets, I overlooked this. Such is one of the smaller purposes of publishing this - to spot errors or receive suggestions. For that, I thank you.

Lastly, regarding my choices for cards in - stay with me here - my deck, refer back to the first several chapters and read them until they sink in (or until you actually understand them at all). Dimensional Prison was considered and run in the main deck for a time. Cylinder fits far more true to what I wanted as a theme.

While many play this game for the competitive purposes, I enjoy it more for the opportunity to express myself through a deck as a whole. Yet, I apologize, for therein lies the core of the problem: the heretics must be burned.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-04, 21:40

Now that that's cleared up, I'll explain the whole thing I did for Samurai -> Quasar Mode.

Remember our little buddy who happens to be a Level 1 Tuner in this archetype?

I took it a step ahead, and decided to run 3 of him, along with 2 Boost Warrior. See, I knew Boost Warrior would work in such a way that it adds more ATK to Shi En, making him more of a threat than usual that you'd need to rid Boost Warrior before touching upon Shi En, but then with formidable defenses, even Boost Warrior can't be touched.

Boost Warrior is usually there either to give his support to the samurais themselves, or to tune with Squire to make Formula Synchron, and then proceed into Quasar Dragon, the ultimate Synchro Monster that all fear the very presence of.

Such is a disgusting thing to do, to instill fear into someone, but doing so is somewhat necessary nowadays. I don't use the Quasar Samurai deck that at all often, so if I were to use it again, I'd probably misplay 3 times before realizing what mistakes I've been pulling off so far. >_>;

So, yes it uses Legendary Six Samurai, but in a step further that turns the blade into a mighty behemoth. Razz

Anyhoo, I'll probably get back into the deck sometime this weekend to provide an updated deck list. xD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-04, 23:59

Okay, I have fixed the problem. As I thought there was too much BB code in the first post. I removed all of the spoilers and quotes and now everything seems fine. Chiaki, you can re-stylize your first post, but if it starts getting glitchy then remove the last set of tags added until it is fixed. I know it is harder to read now, but it fixed the problem.

You could also cut your first post in half and put in the second post. Actually I will try that now.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-08-05, 00:01

Nice work, Vantagesp.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuno of the Fallen 2011-08-05, 00:09

With all due respect Derpy.. You are a very cool person and all, but it's his opinions also. He can seem to be rude, but it's just his way of thinking. Just like how your opinion was to his signature. I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm just saying everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express it if they want. Though they should try to cut back on being rude.

If the OP thinks it's an amazing guide then don't let people's rude comments bother them. I would actually be a lot more happy when everyone's saying "Oh, that's a great guide!". With someone trying to be rude and then everyone else defending the guide instead of everyone just saying "That's great man!" It just makes me feel like they don't really mean it and most likely saying it because I'm their friend. Just my opinion. Smile

Oh, and nice work Vantage. xD

- Shuno
Shuno of the Fallen
Shuno of the Fallen

Birthday : 1990-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-05, 00:14

Okay, I managed to fix it without ruining too much of how you set up the guide (with spoilers and quotes). For some reason some BB codes are glitching up the topic on the first post (spoilers and quotes). When I removed them everything went back to normal. You can redecorate/arrange it if you want, but if it glitches up again remove the last thing you did. The first post is what is the problem. Second post can handle BB codes a lot better. This is still very strange.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-05, 00:51

That's actually odd. Hm. Learn new things everyday I suppose. 0.o
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-08-05, 02:45

Both of you, and any other invisible helpers involved, thank you very much for your assistance.

I'll get to tinkering when I am more awake. ._.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-08-05, 07:59

Ceteruler2 wrote:That's your opinion, Nely! In a Burn Deck, Magic Cylinder > D. Prison. Just because it's not the best in every Deck doesn't make it bad, either.

Besides (be honest), what did you use before D. Prison came along (besides Mirror Force)? Very Happy

But It is not a burn deck we talking about. You guys want to know why I am always so hard? Because when I was trying to be nice no one I mean no one ever listen to me. Everyone on other forums calls dn forums a "bad scrubby" forum. Now I know why. I understand I came a little to bit "trolish" on this thread. But every time some one makes a deck and people try to give them advice no one ever ever listens to them they sit there and argue for days. I understand people say oh I just wanna play this game for fun. But I can never say that. I pay too much money on this game to do so. I have to make sure I make income or do my best to win tourneys. So when I try to give my advice and every one says no I have my reasoning blah blah. ahh I don't care anymore. You know what if you read it perfectly I was defending the first guy that was givving advice and everyone attacked him. Then when I put my input to what card is better to play you guys said! [quote="Ceteruler2"][quote="Johnny Raptor"][quote="nelynel12"]
Johnny Raptor wrote:

Nely,
who are you to tell Chiaki not only how to write HIS guide, but how to
play HIS Decks? It's his choice to play meta or not. Notice he hasn't
said anything about your style of playing....

Are you for real? I give advice and you tell me I can't. (Ceteruler2 wrote this iunno the quote messed up)

If y'all two don't
like the guide, then please proceed to simply leave. This is just mainly
for bringing Samurais from being 'herp derp derp Shi En' to a
Bushido-like code back when the samurais existed with their moral code
of Bushido.. =/

Again every time some one criticized something that some one wrote or build etc they are right away force to shut up and leave. This is the reason why it gets more heated. The card advice we gave you was good advice. You spoke about side decking against the meta and yet stated non meta deck in your guide. I was simply correcting you and I was attacked. It whatever. I realize why no one can be told they are wrong about a deck or article they work so "hard" on. EVEN if it has FALSE content in it.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Back to top Go down

Post  -Pacman- 2011-08-05, 12:05

And now it is time for...

Cool

Logic!

You say that Magic Cylinder and Ceasefire are good because people run the Solemn cards and pay life points, right? That's true. But the Solemns and your burn cards are just 3 cards in you and your opponent's respective 40 card decks. They aren't always gonna draw their Solemns, and you aren't always gonna draw burn. Even if you do, their Solemns will still get them advantage, while you lose it whenever you use a burn card. And at least in competitive play, games don't usually last long enough for many Solemns to be played. [/argument]

Also, the bottom of the above above users sig is odd...
-Pacman-
-Pacman-

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-08-05, 14:27

The Side Deck section is designed to illustrate two problem matches and the ways to counter them. It should be a tool for the reader to learn to recognize strengths in their opponents' deck and find solutions. Everyone's meta is different.

The match-ups section will be used to dissect individual archetypes and counters.

I should simply say now that I will keep my burn in regardless of what anyone here has to say. It's been doing fine for me in my duels. Nevertheless, I think even a superficial glance at my writing will reveal I couldn't care less about dominating a recreational activity such as Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-05, 19:33

So long as this ends in 2-3 posts, I don't mind. >___>;

Although I may start deleting irrelevant posts beginning tomorrow just to clean up.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-06, 02:19

Alright, I deleted a lot of garbage from this topic. I do not want this situation to continue. Please do not attack someone personally. This is a forum, you do not know them, just their online persona. If this continues consequences will happen, the degree of these consequences is up to you. It all depends on how the rest of this thread goes. Please be more mature and do not start a flame war.

I was nice enough to fix this topic and I would hate to lock this topic or have it removed.

I will look through each comment on a later date. I just removed the ones that stood out.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-10, 19:27

Kinda sucks that there's more flames in here than actual discussion when Six Samurai is actually a very cool archetype. I love them aesthetically, and the old ones were super boss and functioned around a very original concept. The release of the new ones was pretty stupid; Konami really could have balanced them better, and it was because of their mistakes that they ended up becoming so unbalanced. For example:

-Kageki is a great card, and really isn't that broken. The part about it that's broken is that it makes a free synchro, and the theme's synchro happens to be incredibly powerful. If Shi En was, for example, a level 8 monster, then the archetype could still get it out, and it would still be powerful, but you would need more than two cards to get it out, going back to the original monsters' theme of teamwork.

-Gateway is also a fine card, but the problem is that it can use Bushido Counters from anywhere on the field. That's really the only thing about it that unbalances it.

-Kizan is great, but does it really need to become a 2100 beater? We have Bora already, and while Kizan doesn't pierce, having more attack inevitably makes it better. 2100 is just absurd.

With adequate touches from the banlist, the deck can perhaps see a lot more variations than "First turn Shi En, set three backrow" builds, and that's what I'm excited for.

Chiaki, I really have to give it up to you for the effort you put into this guide. I hate the herpderp strategies as much as the next guy, but this guide serves as a great resource for the ultimatum that may be presented to Sams in the future when their broken engine gets hit: What else to run? It's really informative, really long (something my guide will never have), and in general just a good read.

So, haters, why bash this legitimate attempt at a good guide when it helps to expand the options the archetype has and brings more variety to the game in general when people use these ideas? Probably because you have no respect for the game.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Birthday : 1993-10-31

http://www.dreamaniacgame.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-10, 20:01

^This to whatever measurement you choose to use...
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-10, 23:56

vantagesp wrote:Alright, I deleted a lot of garbage from this topic. I do not want this situation to continue. Please do not attack someone personally. This is a forum, you do not know them, just their online persona. If this continues consequences will happen, the degree of these consequences is up to you. It all depends on how the rest of this thread goes. Please be more mature and do not start a flame war.

I was nice enough to fix this topic and I would hate to lock this topic or have it removed.

I will look through each comment on a later date. I just removed the ones that stood out.

Y'know, I actually forgot to start deleting the posts after a while. confused

On topic, I once again trolled Quasar Samurai. Guy epically rage quit.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-08-11, 14:24

This guide is awesome. Old Sams with new Sams wreck face. I don't mean Shi En and Kizan. I mean Kegeki and Kagamusha and Mizuho/Shinai. Those last two are so underrated. Especially when someone Solemns your shit.

See this is what had happened. I opened with Shogun, Mizuho, Shinai, A Forces, Gateway of the Six and a Smoke Signal. Summoned Shinai, Muzuho and Shogun (after activating Gateway of course) got six counters. He set. Next turn I got Six Sam United activated it summoned Zangi and he Solemned it. So I blew up his set card got the Zanji back. He set a Ryko. Next turn I drew Kegeki summoned him and Irou drew 2 cards and proceeded to Rolf-stomp his face with my other 3 Sams.

Goes to show that Sams don't need Shi En to win. Not even close. They OTK all day ery day.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-08-11, 18:49

CaiusTSR wrote:This guide is awesome. Old Sams with new Sams wreck face. I don't mean Shi En and Kizan. I mean Kegeki and Kagamusha and Mizuho/Shinai. Those last two are so underrated. Especially when someone Solemns your shit.

See this is what had happened. I opened with Shogun, Mizuho, Shinai, A Forces, Gateway of the Six and a Smoke Signal. Summoned Shinai, Muzuho and Shogun (after activating Gateway of course) got six counters. He set. Next turn I got Six Sam United activated it summoned Zangi and he Solemned it. So I blew up his set card got the Zanji back. He set a Ryko. Next turn I drew Kegeki summoned him and Irou drew 2 cards and proceeded to Rolf-stomp his face with my other 3 Sams.

Goes to show that Sams don't need Shi En to win. Not even close. They OTK all day ery day.
See, this is the kind of Six Sam deck I wouldn't mind losing against... Wink
Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Back to top Go down

Post  No77u101 2011-08-14, 01:33

I rather enjoyed this article. THe information about real Samurais was cool, I didn't know all that to be honest. SO thanks there.

Also, I like how your build of the Samurai is themed rather than "Im gonna swarm and kill you in 1 turn now." This is the most common thing I see with Six Samurai and its meta players that abuse the cards and loops that make other Samurai players look bad.

Chiaki, perhaps you could Duel me sometime with that build?
No77u101
No77u101

Birthday : 1989-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-08-15, 14:03

I just built a revival spam build, containing 3 DEST, 2 Return of the Six and 1 Cunning... and forgot an Extra deck.

I won the duel after quite the struggle, partially from maining 2 Spirit and abusing it with Kizan and Grandmaster, and Returning it when I summoned either of them.

And officially for the record, I have won games with Magic Cylinder on far more than one occasion. Samurai tend to pressure the opponent into making forced assaults with low life. And Cylinder has been there to kill them for it many a time.

I'm happy to duel you if you like. Just PM me on the server. Name is same as here.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-08-15, 14:40

If Cylinder gets unlimited, this deck gets lulzier in an instant. xD
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next