Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book of Moon and Magician's Circle question

+2
zerods
TheClassicStruggle
6 posters

Go down

Solved Book of Moon and Magician's Circle question

Post  TheClassicStruggle 2011-08-03, 19:38

I've got both of these in a Gravekeeper's deck but I'm not sure how they work exactly.

Scenario A: My activates the effect of a face-up monster,Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon for example, and I activate Book of Moon, flipping it face-down. Does the effect still activate?

Scenario B: I declare an attack with a Spellcaster and activate Magician's Circle, then summon a monster from my deck. My previous understanding was that the activation of Magician's Circle stops the attack and I am able to replay the attack after I special summon the monster, but I'm not sure if this is right.

TheClassicStruggle

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Book of Moon and Magician's Circle question

Post  zerods 2011-08-03, 20:49

A: effect is "negated"
B: yes you can reply your attack because the field changes in the battle declaration, so you can continue your attack or not
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-08-03, 20:53

A) The effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is not negated. Book of Moon does not negate card effects. Once you activate its effect, the activation is not negated unless the card chained to the effect specifically negates that activation. Book of Moon does not do this. You will Special Summon a monster after your Dragon is flipped face-down.

B) If your opponent special summons a monster to the field, you will get a battle replay.

Last edited by The Detonator on 2011-08-03, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-08-03, 21:00

Now that we're on it, how does Magician's Circle work to be exact? Did the monsters get to be special summoned simultaneously, or does the player controlling it get the priority to summon first, or vice versa?

If it's the latter, what happen if a player bring out Jowgen?
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-08-03, 21:14

Both monsters are Special Summoned simultaneously. If the player brings out Jowgen, the other monster summoned to the field will still be Special Summoned as it will be considered to hit the field at the same time Jowgen has. If you decide to activate Jowgen's effect to discard 1 card, both Jowgen and the other Special Summoned Spellcaster monster along with all other Special Summoned monsters on the field will be destroyed.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TheClassicStruggle 2011-08-03, 21:48

Okay thanks for the clarification. Now I just need to find a way convince people online that Magician's Circle lets me choose whether to replay the attack or not...

TheClassicStruggle

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo1715 2011-08-03, 22:05

The way I understood replays was if your opponent's side of the field changes after you declare an attack, you get a replay and can choose to attack a different monster or none at all. With magician's circle, you would only get a replay if your opponent also summons a spellcaster.

At least that is how it works in the 2011 ds game.
Neo1715
Neo1715

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-04, 01:23

You're correct on how the replay would work, Neo.

Just in case, here's the complete replay rulings. The last paragraph is pretty important, as some players don't know about that.

"After you’ve announced your attacking monster and the attack target monster during a Battle Step, the attack target might be removed from the field, or a new monster may be placed on the opponent’s side of the field before the Damage Step, due to a card’s effect. This causes a "Replay".

When this occurs, you can choose to attack with the same monster again, or choose to attack with a different monster, or choose not to attack at all.

Note that if you attack with a different monster, the first monster is still considered to have declared an attack, and it cannot attack again this turn."

/Solved & Locked

P.S. TheClassicStruggle, you can always link them to the rules. In this case: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Replay
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down