Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book of Moon vs. Fiendish Chain

2 posters

Go down

Solved Book of Moon vs. Fiendish Chain

Post  Gormaol 2012-01-11, 19:56

Does Book of Moon stop Fiendish Chain from affecting a monster it was previously affecting? I know it would prevent it from working on a card that had just been targeted if Book of Moon resolved successfully for the same card in a chain following it.

I'd also like to understand the nature of just what Book of Moon can prevent better also, since there seems to be a lot of things that are unclear when it comes to the rulings. I know it can stop a card it targets from being removed from the field by cards like Dimensional Prison. But like, what happens to Equip cards on monsters that are flipped face-down? What about Continuous Trap cards that target a monster whose monster then becomes flipped down? Fiendish Chain requires the card to be face-up only during the resolution from what the wording states. Please link legal rulings and pertinent game mechanics when possible.

Gormaol

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Book of Moon vs. Fiendish Chain

Post  Joenen 2012-01-11, 21:31

Equip spells can only be equiped to face up monsters via game mechanics. if the monster is no longer face up, they are destroyed and sent to the graveyard.

If a continuous trap card is targeting a face up monster (call of the haunted) and the monster is flipped face down, the link between the target and its trap is severed.

Book of moon will stop fiendish chain from affecting the previously targeted monster.
Joenen
Joenen

Birthday : 1992-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Gormaol 2012-01-12, 19:56

Hi, thanks for the response. Do you have any links to legal mechanic statements to that effect?

Gormaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenen 2012-01-12, 22:07

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Equip_Spell_Card

This and the rule book confirms equip spell mechanics.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Book_of_Moon

I'm sure reading through this will teach you all you ever wanted to know about book of moon.

There is no specific call of the haunted ruling, but a general rule of thumb is that if a card is not face up when a card(s) are continuously taretng said card, as with CotH, then generally the links between the cards are severed.

Note call of the haunted does not state what happans when the monster is flipped face down, tributed, used as xyz material, etc. So call will remain face up on the field, aimlessly.

This is similar to other trap cards as well, such as findish chain and safe zone.

Joenen
Joenen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gormaol 2012-01-12, 23:05

Ah, ok. Also, after you mentioned the Book of Moon ruling page, I took a look at it again and spotted this ruling.

Widespread Dud: If "Book of Moon" is Chained to "Widespread Dud" and flips one of the targeted monsters face-down, only the other one will continue to be targeted.

That's a continuous trap card that loses its effect on one of the cards it was targeting due to Book of Moon. So I guess Book of Moon does negate it. Thanks for your help!

Gormaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenen 2012-01-12, 23:11

technically negate isn't the proper word, but yeah, glad you got it.
Joenen
Joenen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down