Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random

+5
Chaos340
Rainbow Haruka
Potus-Mat
BasedGod
Spoon
9 posters

Go down

Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Empty Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random

Post  Spoon 2011-08-21, 14:55

Here I'll post my occasional creative outbreak. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

IMPORTANT:
For everybody who also wants to create cards that look this awesome: *Click Me!*
(By the way, I didn't create it, I operate under "Spoon" in YCM as well)

Card #1:
Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Alkali
Cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot destroy an opponent's monster by battle and cannot be destroyed by battle. When a monster battles this card, place 1 Needle Counter on it. A monster with a Needle Counter has it's effect negated and cannot attack or change battle positions. When a monster with a Needle Counter leaves the field: This card gains 1000 ATK and you gain Life Points equal to the ATK of that monster.

Card #2:
Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Judis
2 Level 6 Monsters
During your Standby Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects, until the End Phase.

Card #3:
Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Explorerw
You can target 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; Switch control of that card and this card. This effect can only be used once per turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Look at your opponent's hand.

More to come...

So long, yours truly,

Spoon

Last edited by Spoon on 2011-09-07, 18:36; edited 8 times in total
Spoon
Spoon

Birthday : 1989-10-15

Back to top Go down

Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Empty Re: Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random

Post  BasedGod 2011-08-21, 15:09

Card is wayyyyy over powered
BasedGod
BasedGod

Back to top Go down

Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random Empty Re: Spoon's Singles - Random Cards are Random

Post  Spoon 2011-08-21, 15:18

BasedGod wrote:Card is wayyyyy over powered
And you can't read. I quote:
Here I'll post my occasional creative outbreak. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
Constructive criticism!

How about you explain why you think this card is overpowered.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  BasedGod 2011-08-21, 15:24

Spoon wrote:
Constructive criticism!

k calm down

first of all the fact that once a monster has a counter on it its done, the thing that really puts this over the edge is that u gain 1000 attack and LP? thats overpowered and if this was ever made into a real yu-gi-oh card this would be mained in ever deck in 3s
BasedGod
BasedGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-21, 15:40

BasedGod wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Constructive criticism!

k calm down

first of all the fact that once a monster has a counter on it its done, the thing that really puts this over the edge is that u gain 1000 attack and LP? thats overpowered and if this was ever made into a real yu-gi-oh card this would be mained in ever deck in 3s
Not really. I mean, Spirit Reaper is Unlimited, and it is not destroyed by battle and discards a card, and discarding a card is a bigger deal than 1000 ATK (hence why Confiscation is banned and Axe Of Despair is not).
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  BasedGod 2011-08-21, 15:42

Potus-Mat wrote:
BasedGod wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Constructive criticism!

k calm down

Not really. I mean, Spirit Reaper is Unlimited, and it is not destroyed by battle and discards a card, and discarding a card is a bigger deal than 1000 ATK (hence why Confiscation is banned and Axe Of Despair is not).
so u like attacking into this monster getting a counter on your monster not be able to do anyyyyyything with it and once your monster is gone she gets LP and a attack boost? wow i must be bad in yu-gi-oh
BasedGod
BasedGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-21, 15:47

BasedGod wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:
BasedGod wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Constructive criticism!

k calm down

so u like attacking into this monster getting a counter on your monster not be able to do anyyyyyything with it and once your monster is gone she gets LP and a attack boost? wow i must be bad in yu-gi-oh
Well, you are, but that is neither here nor there. Most decks do not rely on one big monster anymore; consider Six Samurais: You get a counter on Shi En, alrighty. Go Hand, summon another Shi En, and that monster means nothing. Or plants: hey, you stopped Quasar! Trishula, game.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  BasedGod 2011-08-21, 15:49

so your saying this card is balanced wow your bad. im done.
BasedGod
BasedGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-21, 15:52

Good points -
Cannot destroy an opponents monster yet you still take battle damage.
Low attack points.

Bad points -
Cannot be destroyed by battle, combined with the other effects this one just pushes it over the top for me.
I would limit on the tributing rescritions, since your already going to gain lifepoints and atk for the monster leaving the field I think that the retrictions are too harsh.
This is my biggest gripe, the level is too low, with all the effects it has it should atleast be a level 6, or maybe a level 7.

In summary, I think the effect should be something like -
This card cannot destroy an opponent's monster by battle When a monster battles this card, place 1 Needle Counter on it. A monster with a Needle Counter has it's effect negated, cannot attack or change battle positions. When a monster with a Needle Counter leaves the field: This card gains 1000 ATK and you gain Life Points equal to the ATK of that monster.

Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos340 2011-08-21, 15:53

Baby Tragon wrote:Good points -
Low attack points.

Bad points -
Cannot be destroyed by battle, combined with the other effects this one just pushes it over the top for me.
I would limit on the tributing rescritions, since your already going to gain lifepoints and atk for the monster leaving the field I think that the retrictions are too harsh.
This is my biggest gripe, the level is too low, with all the effects it has it should atleast be a level 6, or maybe a level 7.

This card cannot destroy an opponent's monster by battle When a monster battles this card, place 1 Needle Counter on it. A monster with a Needle Counter has it's effect negated, cannot attack or change battle positions. When a monster with a Needle Counter leaves the field: This card gains 1000 ATK and you gain Life Points equal to the ATK of that monster.

Agreed
Chaos340
Chaos340

Back to top Go down

Post  BasedGod 2011-08-21, 15:54

Baby Tragon wrote:Good points -
Low attack points.

Bad points -

See this is balanced good post +1 rep

BasedGod
BasedGod

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-21, 16:01

Baby Tragon wrote:In summary, I think the effect should be something like -

That... actually makes sense. There are so little means to get rid of a card if I don't destroy it myself... yeah, I'll take the effect (as it is). Give me a minute to edit it bounce

Edit: Changes made, thanks again Very Happy
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-21, 16:08

Thank you for the download link. Razz
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2011-08-21, 22:36

[quote="BasedGod"][quote="Spoon"]
BasedGod wrote:

My reply:
v=srYxgMItVLM#t=364shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=srYxgMItVLM#t=364s
.:HadoukenBlue:.
.:HadoukenBlue:.

Birthday : 1996-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-28, 15:34

A new card incoming. Simple stuff for once.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-28, 16:01

Crystal Beasts demand that that second monster be made!
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-28, 16:26

Potus-Mat wrote:Crystal Beasts demand that that second monster be made!
Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings says "Hi"... and actually makes this hell of a lot abusable Shocked Well... nice side effect, I'd say Very Happy
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-08-28, 16:29

Spoon wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:Crystal Beasts demand that that second monster be made!
Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings says "Hi"... and actually makes this hell of a lot abusable Shocked Well... nice side effect, I'd say Very Happy
To quote Hayashi...
"Kill them all!"
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-29, 05:03

Now that card is more balanced.
The only thing I would probably do is drop its ATK to around 2600 and drop its DEF to around 2100, We have a Rank 8 Xyz who is ATK 3000 so im my personal oppinion a Rank 6 should not be near that level, I also think that having less DEF would give this card a weakness to balance out its strong effect.
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-29, 07:31

Baby Tragon wrote:Now that card is more balanced.
The only thing I would probably do is drop its ATK to around 2600 and drop its DEF to around 2100, We have a Rank 8 Xyz who is ATK 3000 so im my personal oppinion a Rank 6 should not be near that level, I also think that having less DEF would give this card a weakness to balance out its strong effect.
The thing is: There are a lot more usable Level 8s out there than Level 6. The only practicable (and splashable) way of Summoning this would probably be Malicious + Chaos Sorcerer. There are some Archetype specific cards like Dragon Queen and Faultroll who could make this, but that's nothing to be afraid of. I'll consider lowering the DEF a little (to 2000 or something), but that's about it. Getting this out is a pretty complicated thing, so it should at least be rewarded with a sold body (oh boy, and what a body it is... *cough*).
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  TyagoHexagon 2011-08-29, 08:30

Spoon wrote:The thing is: There are a lot more usable Level 8s out there than Level 6. The only practicable (and splashable) way of Summoning this would probably be Malicious + Chaos Sorcerer. There are some Archetype specific cards like Dragon Queen and Faultroll who could make this, but that's nothing to be afraid of. I'll consider lowering the DEF a little (to 2000 or something), but that's about it. Getting this out is a pretty complicated thing, so it should at least be rewarded with a sold body (oh boy, and what a body it is... *cough*).
Oh my, if this card was released... Batteryman could summon it quite easily (I know no one cares about them except me but...) and with that effect it would be almost impossible to beat them. "Cannot activate cards or effects" is a Cold Wave-like effect that also negates monster's effects. At least make it like "You opponent cannot activate Spell / Trap cards" or something.
TyagoHexagon
TyagoHexagon

Birthday : 1996-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-29, 08:44

TyagoHexagon wrote:Oh my, if this card was released... Batteryman could summon it quite easily (I know no one cares about them except me but...) and with that effect it would be almost impossible to beat them. "Cannot activate cards or effects" is a Cold Wave-like effect that also negates monster's effects. At least make it like "You opponent cannot activate Spell / Trap cards" or something.
Except that it is not Cold Wave.
1) It can only be used during your own turn, preventing your opponent from interrupting your plays, but not to make their own.
2) It can only be used during your STANDBY Phase, meaning that, if you want to use this effect, it has to survive a whole turn, which is extremely hard for anything this day and age.
3) It still requires 2 Level 6 monsters, which requires quite a bit of dedication to get this out.
4) It's an Xyz monster, so it needs its Materials. Monster Reborn or similar won't work here.

That should be enough to balance it out, imo.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkplant 2011-08-29, 09:26

Hi Spoon. What happened to you in YCM?

As for the cards: The first one is interesting, but it certainly isn't even slightly competitive. The second one is pretty damn over-

Oh, it's from your Stanby. Well, I'd personally cut down its ATK a bit, but that's just me.

Overall I like them. Good old Spoon.
Darkplant
Darkplant

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-29, 10:59

Darkplant wrote:Hi Spoon. What happened to you in YCM?
Heya Darkplant geek
I don't know... the TCG section is full of trolls, the Deck section barely helps lately, the Realistic Cards section is, let's be honest there, incompetent, I have no ideas for Pop Culture cards and I'm just not a fan of Written Cards... so I'm trying my luck here for once, seeing if I can get some real criticism (and attention, because I'm an attention who** :p)

As for the cards: The first one is interesting, but it certainly isn't even slightly competitive.
Yeah... but it haz art!

The second one is pretty damn over-

Oh, it's from your Stanby. Well, I'd personally cut down its ATK a bit, but that's just me.

Overall I like them. Good old Spoon.
Thank you good sir Very Happy
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon 2011-08-30, 15:35

Another card out of boredom!
Also: LoL art is awesome!
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Haruka 2011-08-30, 16:45

Nice card, you could snag an opponents mirror force or something that would be totally useless to you.
Good job.
Rainbow Haruka
Rainbow Haruka

Back to top Go down

Post  robyschlager 2011-09-14, 09:47

card #2 would make banlist within a format lmao because of konamis hate for otk and ftk
robyschlager
robyschlager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down