Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions

2 posters

Go down

Solved Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions

Post  HelpoemerXII 2011-09-05, 04:11

Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions 295px-ArcanaForceXXI-TheWorldLODT-EN-UR-1E
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: During your End Phase, you can send 2 monsters you control to the Graveyard to skip your opponent's next turn. ● Tails: During your opponent's Draw Phase, add the top card of their Graveyard to their hand.

Is this a once per turn effect? I happened across someone who was so kind to inform me that it was "wen sumoned, u wrong". If I get the heads result, I was under the impression that it was each end phase. I just want to make sure that I'm in the clear here, as it does not say during EACH end phase, and I could be wrong.

Another quick question in regards to the Arcana Field Spell; Light Barrier

Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions 295px-LightBarrierLODT-EN-R-1E

During your Standby Phase, toss a coin. If the result is Tails, the following effects are negated until your next Standby Phase:
● When you Summon an "Arcana Force" monster, choose which effect to apply without tossing a coin. If an "Arcana Force" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you gain Life Points equal to the destroyed monster's original ATK.

If I activate it during my main phase, am I free to use its effect as I skipped the standby phase negation? My uh, acquaintance and I had a slight dispute over it, something along the lines of 'U wrong, u no toss coin, my go'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers~
HelpoemerXII
HelpoemerXII

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions

Post  dest 2011-09-05, 04:20

the effect clearly states that the coin toss is performed when summoned, nowhen else. The other effects state the phase in which the effect is performed, and those phases happen each turn. There is nothing that restricts them to once, it is made every turn.

The field eff only states that the effect is negated when the coin toss is wrong. When there is no coin toss there is nothing wrong, so the effect is applied.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Solved Thanks

Post  HelpoemerXII 2011-09-05, 04:25

Thanks there for the fast response; It's nice to be 100% sure of a ruling. I was trying to run a deck around the card, and I ran into a bump or two and had an 80% sure response. I really should have checked this before building the deck, but better I know now rather than later.

Thanks again~
HelpoemerXII
HelpoemerXII

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Arcana Force XXI - The World: Quick Questions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down