Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Garden and King Tiger Wanghu

5 posters

Go down

Solved Black Garden and King Tiger Wanghu

Post  welche 2011-09-09, 00:33

Let's say I have both on the field and my opponent summons say Tengu. What happens?
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Black Garden and King Tiger Wanghu

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-09, 00:46

Actually this discussion is completely wrong. If you summon reborn Tengu with Black Garden on the field and King Tiger Wanghu, Tengu falls to 850, the token is summoned. Wanghu misses Tengu and kills the token.

Why?

Wanghu and Garden are both trigger that activate when the monster is summoned. As a result Tengu will check at the same time that Black Garden activates. When Wanghu sees that the monster is above 1400, it will not activate. Therefore Black Garden then resolves and lowers the attack but Wanghu has already checked.

But TheVoid, Burden of the Mighty and Wanghu work together...?

Burden of the Mighty is a continuous effect. Therefore it is activated as soon as the monster is face-up, before any triggers can check for their effects. As a result, under burden, Tengu will fall to 1300 attack before Wanghu checks and therefore destroys Tengu.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-09-09, 00:51

TheVoid wrote:Actually this discussion is completely wrong. If you summon reborn Tengu with Black Garden on the field and King Tiger Wanghu, Tengu falls to 850, the token is summoned. Wanghu misses Tengu and kills the token.

Why?

Wanghu and Garden are both trigger that activate when the monster is summoned. As a result Tengu will check at the same time that Black Garden activates. When Wanghu sees that the monster is above 1400, it will not activate. Therefore Black Garden then resolves and lowers the attack but Wanghu has already checked.

But TheVoid, Burden of the Mighty and Wanghu work together...?

Burden of the Mighty is a continuous effect. Therefore it is activated as soon as the monster is face-up, before any triggers can check for their effects. As a result, under burden, Tengu will fall to 1300 attack before Wanghu checks and therefore destroys Tengu.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Black_Garden

Have to say I agree with Void. It starts a chain. I was mistaken.

DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-09, 00:52

Dont feel bad guys its an advanced ruling that Ive had to explain like 4 times in the last 2 days. Wanghu Garden combo has been used a lot lately. In fact I found out when an admin explained it to me because I tried to use the same combo.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-09, 00:55

TheVoid wrote:Dont feel bad guys its an advanced ruling that Ive had to explain like 4 times in the last 2 days. Wanghu Garden combo has been used a lot lately. In fact I found out when an admin explained it to me because I tried to use the same combo.
That does not make this noose any less appealing...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-09-09, 00:57

TheVoid wrote:Dont feel bad guys its an advanced ruling that Ive had to explain like 4 times in the last 2 days. Wanghu Garden combo has been used a lot lately. In fact I found out when an admin explained it to me because I tried to use the same combo.

No problem! I don't feel bad about it. I am just glad I was corrected from an giving an incorrect ruling. I should have checked the rulings first before I even gave an answer. I just thought I knew what the answer was without having to check.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-09-10, 22:35

I confirm that what TheVoid said is correct. Solved, cleaned & locked.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down