Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book of Moon Vs Blackwing - Gale

+10
Pharaoh Atem
Anzo
KaousFaustXIII
Kagami
Gorz
Goddess nX
Minako
The DetonatorCOPY
Tuvillo
blazenarutoshippuden
14 posters

Go down

Book of Moon Vs Blackwing - Gale Empty Book of Moon Vs Blackwing - Gale

Post  blazenarutoshippuden 2011-05-24, 01:29

I was owning an noob to the site and was winning. You know the rest, they guy complains and was a very bad player as well as making arguments due to him losing. Now when he summoned his Blackwing Gale from his hand due to it's effects I played Book of Moon on it and he tried to activate it's effects still which it doesn't activate when I activated Book of Moon against it. So who was right on this one? Book of Moon stops Blackwing - Gale's halve attack effect or when he's special summoned like that or not? He still would have lost but he never ended his turn and kept on complaining. because he was losing and wanted to kill my T.G. Blade Blaster -_-... in the end I gave him an A.S.S. as a result and now he has like -9 reputation (others must have experienced his wining but enough about that lol)

So was I right or wrong either way I would have removed Blader

Last edited by blazenarutoshippuden on 2011-05-24, 02:13; edited 1 time in total

blazenarutoshippuden

Back to top Go down

Book of Moon Vs Blackwing - Gale Empty Re: Book of Moon Vs Blackwing - Gale

Post  Tuvillo 2011-05-24, 01:48

It does not. When a monster is summoned, turn player gets priority to activate any spell speed 1 monster effects, like Gale.

To show this, Judgment Dragon vs Bottomless- Judgment Dragon dies, but everything else does too.
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Birthday : 1990-07-29

http://www.nintendostudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-05-24, 01:57

Correct the turn player does have priority to use Gale's effect upon its Special Summon. You should not jump the gun by activating Book of Moon without at least asking if your opponent wants to pass priority.

In this situation it sounds like you did indeed jump the gun (but i cannot be sure) if he wanted to activate Gale's effect upon its special summon he has every right to do so as the turn player and book of moon would not stop it from resolving.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-24, 03:19

Speaking of prio on indignation effects. Does anybody know when we lose that or is still unconfirmed?
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-05-24, 06:17

I heard it was around july for tcg people
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorz 2011-05-24, 07:48

Goddess nX wrote:I heard it was around july for tcg people

Boooo strategy in Yugioh? NEVER!!!!
Gorz
Gorz

Birthday : 1993-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kagami 2011-05-25, 07:58

Goddess nX wrote:I heard it was around july for tcg people

I hope it's a fake.
Kagami
Kagami

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-05-25, 10:27

priority is too confusing for new players, it really needs to go. don't worry ya'll get used to it... i did.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Anzo 2011-05-25, 10:51

Priority says who pro who is nub ._.
Anzo
Anzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kagami 2011-05-25, 11:48

Prio's not hard to understand.

You just need to know that it's an effect that activates before your oppoment can chain something to the summon.

The ones who doesn't understand this will not understand the rest of the "hard" part of the rulings, so will we change the chains ruling ?
Kagami
Kagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-25, 12:14

Kagami wrote:Prio's not hard to understand.

You just need to know that it's an effect that activates before your oppoment can chain something to the summon.

The ones who doesn't understand this will not understand the rest of the "hard" part of the rulings, so will we change the chains ruling ?

I forget. Is the loss of prio suppose to make it easier for new people or is it to promote exceeds like limiting book and killing gogo?
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-05-26, 01:10

This entire thread's series of comments is wrong in so many ways that I honestly don't have the capability to correct it all.

Priority is NOT CHANGING in the TCG, and it DID NOT CHANGE in the OCG.

The OCG, on March 19, had a rule change stipulating that the Turn Player could no longer activate Ignition Effects of monsters they control in response to a monster being Summoned to their side of the field.

Priority is never going to change in YGO: Priority has always been, and always WILL BE, nothing more than a player's right to take an action.

It, literally, is nothing more than "X player has Priority" - meaning "X player has the right to act at this moment, because the game treats them as more important than the other player at this moment."

Priority is NOT "the right to activate a mon's Ignition Effect when you Summon it."

Rather, "Turn Players may activate the Ignition Effect of a monster they control in response to a monster being Summoned to their side of the field" is a rule that applies to Ignition Effects in the TCG, and used to apply to them in the OCG.

Calling it that is a gross misunderstanding of the game's rules, and it's something I can't let slip because of how instrumental it is to know what Priority *actually is* when explaining countless rules of the game to players.

As a Ruling Support forum, we've got to be exacting in our details, if we're going to actually teach folks how things work in any sort of clear, precise, and truly helpful way. That includes smashing any mistaken uses of jargon.

The Ignition Effect Rule Change - because that's what it was, not a change to anything else - brings Ignition Effects in line with all other Spell Speed 1 non-Trigger events in the game. Ignition Effects' ability to be activated that way was a wacky rule that had no proper explanation, and the lack of similarity with other Spell Speed 1 events was a matter of confusion for many. That rule was NOT intuitive, nor explainable properly beyond a hamhanded and less-than-sensible KSS. Its removal, from a Rules Knowledge standpoint, is applaudable.

The changes to tactical methods in gameplay will be minor at best, so the game isn't likely to be any "easier" as a game - it'll just be easier as a pile of rules. Piles of rules are not meant to be hard. The game is meant to be hard.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-05-26, 01:18

Minako wrote:

I forget. Is the loss of prio suppose to make it easier for new people or is it to promote exceeds like limiting book and killing gogo?

It removes a rule from the game that made little sense and lacked intuitive nature. You can respond to a Summon with THIS Spell Speed 1 thing, so why not with another? KSS. It was patently silly. Xyzs aren't even an afterthought to this matter.

Killing Goyo and Limiting Book were not for the sake of Xyzs, but more in light of Goyo's entire impact since creation, alongside realizing how Book would have been for the game with this Ignition Effect rule change, alongside noting Book's impact ever since Synchros hit in the first place.

Finally, Exceed was never an accurate term for the new monsters coming. Fanlation communities can be wrong surprisingly often, and it's not until Konami acts that we find out if they are.

The term "Hexyz", used for a game handled by ATLUS, was the only easily found term that fit the kana well. It sounded patently ridiculous; thus fanlators rejected it. "It couldn't possibly be that out of place and stupid sounding, now could it?"

Enter Konami's seeming press releases lately. Bam. Looks like it is.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-05-26, 03:46

The OCG, on March 19, had a rule change stipulating that the Turn Player could no longer activate Ignition Effects of monsters they control in response to a monster being Summoned to their side of the field.
does whose side is the monster summoned, even matter?

obviously, no card can ever be chained to a summons.You may respond to a summon, or chain to a monster effect, but not chain to the summoning.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-05-26, 14:33

Hyaweh★Hoshikawa wrote:

I believe so. What I'm absolutely certain of is that you can't activate something like Malicious in response to a Summon.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-05-26, 15:08

I just became confused at all this priority talk. Could someone explain it more clearer than it already has?
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-27, 09:01

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Priority

I'd explain it but it's better if you read this goddess.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-05-27, 12:32

Thanks, Ill be sure to read it.
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  blazenarutoshippuden 2011-05-27, 16:35

thank you all for the replies, ok priority of gale still takes effect. ok. Wink

blazenarutoshippuden

Back to top Go down

Post  Al-Bhed 2011-05-28, 17:12

Pharaoh Atem wrote:
Hyaweh★Hoshikawa wrote:

I believe so. What I'm absolutely certain of is that you can't activate something like Malicious in response to a Summon.
On the Malicious matter, that is in the OCG, I believe in the TCG we didnt have the reversal yet unless I missed something (which is quite possible, if I have please tell me where it is, using Birdman with priority is quite a good play and I want to be sure on whether it is valid or not)
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showpost.php?p=18300121&postcount=69
I do know the OCG had the reversal but... yeah...

I found this too somewhere
UDE's Judge Forum wrote:
Q: When I Special Summon "Lava Golem" onto my opponent's side of the field by Tributing 2 of their monsters, do I have priority to activate an Ignition Effect?

A: When the Turn Player successfully Special Summons "Lava Golem" onto their opponent's side of the field, they have priority and can activate the Ignition Effect of a monster they control or a Spell Speed 2 or higher effect.

Al-Bhed

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-05-29, 04:06

Right, it was "a monster they control" that got it. I didn't know Konami'd changed that one up.

I'll be sending some emails to them to see if they've ended the deliberation on it once and for all.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Back to top Go down

Post  Entelarmer 2011-06-08, 06:36

Guys, from what im reading i see you misunderstand something. Priority WASN'T removed from OCG. All that has changed is that:

Before:
Monsters with Ignition Effects could activate their effects at the same time they were Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned.

After:
Monsters with Ignition Effects cannot activate their effects at the same time they were Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned.

It says "at the same times" they are summoned. So u can't use Dark Armed Dragon's eff with priority WHEN you summon it, but if u already have DAD on the field and summon another monster, u can actiavte DAD's effect at that time because it is already on the field. Similary: u can't use Gravekeeper's Descendant's effect when it's summone, but if u already control it and summon Gravekeeper's Recrutier (and opp does not negate it's summon), u can use priority and activate Descendant's eff.

ps. I know that since the news about OCG priority rule change and was suprised like hell. But it's true.
Entelarmer
Entelarmer

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-06-08, 06:39

I appreciate your contribution, but 1) your translation of the OCG rulechange is incorrect, and 2) I covered all of it already.

Leave the moonspeak to the people trained in it, k?
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Back to top Go down

Post  Entelarmer 2011-06-08, 06:42

Pharaoh Atem wrote:I appreciate your contribution, but 1) your translation of the OCG rulechange is incorrect, and 2) I covered all of it already.

Leave the moonspeak to the people trained in it, k?

Sorry, I somehow missed your post. Thanks or explanation.
Entelarmer
Entelarmer

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxique 2011-06-08, 08:00

On a side note, I would like to claim that the impact of the Ignition Effect rule change is that, if anything, it enforces strategy in that the use of cards like Book of Moon will make the player's field more stable. Before, a setup of Dark Simorgh, Anti-Spell Fragrance and two copies of Bottomless Trap Hole would make a pretty tight lockdown, but still be instantly gotten rid off by a single copy of Judgment Dragon. With the rule change, the Lightsworn player will have to try harder. And I think setting up that lockdown, or rather, taking on the challenge of building a deck that does that consistently, takes more skill than drawing into Judgment Dragon.
Toxique
Toxique

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down