Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide

3 posters

Go down

Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Empty Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide

Post  Darklord Blackout 2011-09-21, 00:22

Hopeless Dragon Decks have been around for quite some time, but never used to its potential. After extensive testing and numerous changes in the "typical" dragon deck build, I have found the perfect build to compete with the top tier decks. I have tested a variety of Hopeless Dragon Variants, but this one i've recently tested is nothing like i've played before.. i've found hopeless dragon with the phantom of chaos, norleras, grephers to be fast.. but it was extremely inconsistent at times i almost gave up on dragons... but than new cards/the banned list came along changing how the whole game plays out... decks no longer run so many traps, and no longer set 5 and end. This gives dragons a massive boost in my opionion, and i believe they can shine this format.

Dragons are mythical powerful beasts who bring destruction to the battlefield as they lay waste to everything around them.

The beasts:

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Red-EyesDarknessMetalDragonJUMP-EN-UR-LE
Dragon/Effect Dark
You can remove from play 1 Dragon-Type monster you control to Special Summon this card. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster, except "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon", from your hand or Graveyard.
ATK 2800/DEF 2400

Red-eyes literally made dragons competitive. This guy plus' your field, a 2800 beater runs over grapha, hyperion, synchro's etc and is busted. He runs over many monsters used this format, can allow you to otk really fast.
Must run 3!

Dark Creator
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide TheDarkCreatorPTDN-EN-ScR-1E
Thunder/Effect Dark
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned, by having 5 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard while you control no monsters. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard.
ATK 2300/DEF 3000

This big guy is only ever used in the dark build you cannot use him anywhere else due to summoning conditions. He is totally busted in this build great card to use and abuse. dark level 8 trade-in and allure target.
Run 2

Dark Armed Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Yu-Gi-Oh-Phantom-Darkness-Dark-Armed-Dragon
Dragon/Effect Dark
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having exactly 3 DARK monsters in your Graveyard. You can remove from play 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard to destroy 1 card on the field.
ATK 2800/DEF 1000

DAD has always been such a busted card especially back in the teledad days oh god the "dark times." This card is a staple in the dark variant of hopeless.

Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide 292px-GalaxyEyesPhotonDragonPHSW-JP-UR
Dragon/Effect Light
You can Tribute 2 monsters with 2000 or more ATK to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card battles an opponent's monster, during the Battle Step: You can banish that monster and this card; Return the banished monsters to the field when the Battle Phase ends. If the monster banished by this effect was an Xyz Monster: This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material that monster had attached to it when it was banished.
ATK 3000/DEF 2500

This guy is actually really good, reason being when entering battle phase he helps rid the field of a troublesome monster for the battle phase allowing other monsters to attack.. example would be spirit reaper, marshmallon or any monster who's attack exceeds my dragons. 3000 beater, light trade-in target and BLS fodder good card. and he's good against xys. A good card overall.
Run 1

Dark Horus
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide DarkHorusPTDN-EN-UR-1E
Dragon/Effect Dark
Once per turn, when a Spell Card is activated during your opponent's Main Phase, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 DARK monster from your Graveyard.
ATK 3000/DEF 1800

This guy's a beast, runs over so much. His main use is however a trade-in target, allure target, and summonable by red-eyes everyone forgets about his effect which is actually a really good one he can grab u free level 4 darks nothing to joke about. He allows you to otk really fast has synergy with a lot of cards in hopeless.
Run 2

Clear Vice Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide ClearViceDragonSOVR-EN-ScR-1E
Dragon/Effect Dark
You are unaffected by the effects of "Clear World". If this card attacks an opponent's monster, the ATK of this card becomes twice the ATK of the attack target, during Damage Calculation only. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect, you can discard 1 card instead.
ATK ?/DEF 0

I know people are very iffy about this card, i was to when i tried it out.. but my god this card is so great. Its an honest for dragons, its such a beast card however you only summon it when you need to. I only summon it i my opponent has a huge monster or im gunna swing for game. He looks bad at a glance, but summoning him at the right time gets you an easy win. He kills your opponents lifepoints fast to, i love this card.Gets rid of Judgment dragon, Grapha with the field spell boost, laughs at gorz's tokens, and hey your facing frogs and they drop obelisk you summon this guy and laugh. Dark allure, and trade-in target
Run 1

Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the beginning
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide BlackLusterSoldierEnvoyoftheBeginningIOC-NA-UR-UE
Warrior/Effect Light
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard from play. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
● Remove 1 monster on the field from play. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
● If this card destroyed your opponent's monster as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row.
ATK 3000/DEF 2500

Another amazing monster that is very playable in this deck. This guy is a win condtion and their has more than enough fodder to summon itself. Its summoning conditions are a complete joke for that kind of effect/brokeness. This card is the main reason i made Chaos Hopeless, disaster dragon's too slow in my opinion sorry to any disaster dragon player.

Light And Darkness Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Light_and_darkness_dragon__45249_zoom
Dragon/Effect Light/Dark
This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field, its Attribute is also treated as DARK. When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster.
ATK 2800/DEF 2400

Yess This card is playable in Hopeless some might argue and say that hopeless using to many monster effects.. but why would you activate your own monsters effect when light and darkness is on the field? that would be your own idiotic move. This card wastes resources only for u to summon a red-eyes after it dies. Level * trade-in target, pot of avarice target, and BLS fodder. Allows the build to be more anti-meta.
Run 1 However disaster dragon can run 1-3.

Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide GorztheEmissaryofDarknessDLG1-EN-ScR-LE
Fiend/Effect Dark
When you take damage from a card your opponent controls while you control no cards, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Then activate the appropriate effect, based on the type of damage:
● Battle Damage: Special Summon 1 "Emissary of Darkness Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 7/ATK ?/DEF ?). Its ATK and DEF are each equal to the amount of battle damage you took.
● Effect Damage: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.
ATK 2700/DEF 2500

Gorz is busted can change the game in your favour not to mention all the otk's going on now. Dropping gorz can sometimes even get you the round win.

Tragoedia
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide TragoediaJUMP-EN-UR-LE
Fiend/Effect Dark
You can Special Summon this card from your hand when you take Battle Damage. This card gains 600 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn, you can send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard to take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with the same Level as the sent monster. Once per turn, you can select 1 monster in your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes the same as that monster's, until the End Phase.
ATK ?/DEF ?

Tragoedia is such a good card i love the protection he offers he can easily turn into a 3000 atk threat an your opponent is forced to kill it. It can also exceed like a beast! Cards amazing, has awesome synergy with card trooper, and can win the game for you sometimes. i've won easily off him before.
Run 1

Prime Material Dragon
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide PrimeMaterialDragonGLD2-EN-GUR-LE
Dragon/Effect Light
Any effect that would inflict damage to a player instead increases their Life Points by the same amount. When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) on the field is activated, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate its activation and destroy the card.
ATK 2400/DEF 2000

Prime is such a great dragon he stops dark hole, torrential, bottomless mirror force which are most people's only outs after after a dragon swarm a lotof the times. Some may not like him, but he makes cards like dark hle in your opponents hand dead.
Run 1 More than 1 gets cloggy and inconsistent.

Red-eyes Wyvern
http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/9/93/Red-EyesWyvernGX06-EN-SR-UE.png
Dragon/Effect WInd
During your End Phase, if you did not Normal Summon or Set a monster this turn, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard, except "Red-Eyes B. Chick".
ATK 1800/DEF 1600

Wyvern is another staple card really no big surprise here. endphase remove darkness metal, 1800 beater helps against GB's.
Run 2-3

Infernal Dragon
Dark/Dragon Level 4
If this card attacks, it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard from the field, you can Special Summon this card by Tributing 1 monster.
ATK 2000/DEF 0

Horrible effect, but its good now due to the fact that so many people main deck thunder king, and its a deck dev target, dark horus target not all too bad he has uses.
Run 1-2 (if you really want to use this guy)^

Axe Dragonute
Dark Dragon Level 4
If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.
ATK 2000/DEF 1200

Same as Infernal, but Axe is better. Same uses as Infernal

Run 1-2

Koa'ki Meiru Drago
Wind Dragon Level 4
During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand to the Graveyard or reveal 1 Dragon-Type monster in your hand. LIGHT and DARK monsters cannot be Special Summoned.
ATK 1900/DEF 1600

Ths card is actually amazing, you can win off this guy easily. high attack, stops gorz, trag, hyperion, mystical shine ball plays, battle fader, grapha, sillva, opposing dragon players, judgement dragon, plaguespreader, blackwings, vayu plays, the future steelswarms, a veryyy long list of good cards.
run 1-3

Spell support:

Future fusion
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide FutureFusionGLD2-EN-GUR-LE
Send, from your Deck to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and select that 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with the same name as the selected Fusion Monster during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

This card is broken for dragons allows you to send 5 dragons to the grave for five-headed amazing deck thinning and toolbox, and please do not send 3 blue-eyes white dragon the grave for blue-eyes ultimate its a terrible strategy.

Pot Of Avarice
Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide 1een-en037utr
Select 5 Monster Cards in your Graveyard. Return those cards to the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

I may be the first and only dragon player to use this, but most likely becuase in the Chaos build their are a lot of good monsters that you'll want to reuse and recycle. Dark creator, Ryko, BLS, LADD, doomcalibur knight etc.

My Personal Deck for dragons is Chaos Hopeless.. Its the most consistent build i've played so far and by far my favourite

Monsters

3x Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2x Dark Creator
Dark Armed dragon
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
2x Dark Horus
Clear vice Dragon
Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the beginning
Light And Darkness Dragon
Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
Tragoedia
Prime Material Dragon
Koa'ki meiru Drago
2x Red-eyes Wyvern
2x Ryko, Lightsworn hunter
Effect Veiler
2x MAXX C
2x Card trooper
2x Infernal Dragon
Plaguespreader zombie

Spells

Future Fusion
2x Pot of Duality
Allure Of Darkness
2x Trade-in
Charge of the light Brigade
Heavy Storm
2x MST
Monster Reborn

Traps
Trap Dustshoot
Deck Devastation Virus

I play 41 cards which is find very good i've had no
promblem with it. the build i have right now is soo very good.

Other cards you can run if your using Hopeless:
Sky scourge Norleras(only if your using phantom of chaos)
Phantom Of Chaos
Darklord Zerato
Necro Gardna
Dark Grepher
Armageddo knight
Judgment Dragon (only if your using phantom of chaos)
Plaguespreader Zombie
Thunder king - Rai Oh (hopeless never adds from deck to hand)
Obelisk The Tormentor (I've tried it.. oh man won so many games with it.
Magical Merchant

Spells

D.D.R
Hidden armory
Gold sarcohagus (personally think its to slow this format.)
Reasoning
Monster Gate
Foolish Burial

Traps

Royal Decree
Trap Dustshoot
Mind crush
Solemn Warning
Solemn Judgement

I believe that Chaos Hopeless is the most consistant Hopeless dragon buld atthe moment. I've been recking shit up this deck.. SO yea Rate and i hope dragon players read this and take it seriously.

BTW
Subscribe to Deceptasewell on Youtube thats me! if i get more subsribers im gunna put up deck vids, duels and all sorts of sick stuff alright later

Last edited by Darklord Blackout on 2011-11-02, 23:33; edited 2 times in total
Darklord Blackout
Darklord Blackout

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deceptasewell?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Empty Re: Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide

Post  Joker 2011-09-23, 23:23

Nice monsters, alot of those are new so I don't have any clue what they did untill now X D. Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is by far my favourite. Smile

Joker

Back to top Go down

Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide Empty Re: Enter the Lair of The Dark Dragons! Twilight Hopeless deck and guide

Post  Lovelace 2011-09-24, 12:08

Nice guide and deck. Hope you don't mind me trying your deck out.

Twilight Hopeless gonna be so broke when the structure deck is out
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down