Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can machina fortress's effect can be used from the graveyard?

+8
tester12342
sami
Key
Phoenix Wright
dest
ChaoXide
Rentyn Cooper
Shippou
12 posters

Go down

Solved Can machina fortress's effect can be used from the graveyard?

Post  Shippou 2011-09-23, 06:11

It says I can discard monsters with the number of 8 stars or more to summon it from the hand or graveyard. Can I activate this special summoning only if it is in my hand or I can just use it as long as it is in my graveyard?

e.g: level 9 machine at hand and machina fortress at graveyard. I discard level 9 machine to special summon machina.

Is this alright by the rulings?

Shippou

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can machina fortress's effect can be used from the graveyard?

Post  Rentyn Cooper 2011-09-23, 06:15

can summon him from either hand or grave
Rentyn Cooper
Rentyn Cooper

Birthday : 1995-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Shippou 2011-09-23, 06:21

So if I ONLY have the level 9 machine in my hand I can just revive him from the grave? Or he must be in my hand before I can discard the level 9 machine?

Shippou

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaoXide 2011-09-23, 06:24

Shippou wrote:So if I ONLY have the level 9 machine in my hand I can just revive him from the grave? Or he must be in my hand before I can discard the level 9 machine?
Yes you can discard the lvl 9 machine in your hand to Special Summon Machina Fortress from your Graveyard.
ChaoXide
ChaoXide

Birthday : 1989-04-27

http://forums.kametsu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shippou 2011-09-23, 06:30

I see, so once he is in the grave I can jsut keep ressurecting him over and over again by throwing machines with a total number of 8 stars or more?

Shippou

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-23, 06:31

the card text should already have answered that for you...
whose total Levels equal 8 or more
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-23, 06:34

Yes, and don't forget that machina fortress can be its own cost (along with another machine), since it can summon itself from the graveyard(The fact that people don't know that ruling is why I no longer play machina decks on DN -__-)
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Shippou 2011-09-23, 06:46

Shippou wrote:I see, so once he is in the grave I can just keep ressurecting him over and over again by throwing machines with a total number of 8 stars or more?
Can I?

Shippou

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-23, 07:20

You can discard 8+ stars.
You cannot, however, discard 3 gadgets just to special summon 1 Fortress, because 2 gadgets already fulfill the 8 star requirement, thus more is prohibited for whatever reason.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Shippou 2011-09-23, 07:23

Key wrote:You can discard 8+ stars.
You cannot, however, discard 3 gadgets just to special summon 1 Fortress, because 2 gadgets already fulfill the 8 star requirement, thus more is prohibited for whatever reason.
That is not my question. My question is if I can ressurect him if he was never in my hand

Shippou

Back to top Go down

Post  sami 2011-09-23, 07:30

Shippou wrote:That is not my question. My question is if I can ressurect him if he was never in my hand
Yes, you can special summon him from grave even if he was never in your hand. Just discard monster(s) equal to the cost.
sami
sami

Birthday : 1988-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tester12342 2011-09-23, 07:44

Related Macina Fortress question, If I have a Machina Fortress in my grave and my opp uses Monster Reborn and smashes it to my face up Gadjitron Dragon who gets the "destroyed by battle" effect?

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-09-23, 07:48

Machina Fortress's destroyed by battle effect activates in grave, so who is the owner of Machina Fortress will get the effect, in this situation means you will get the effect.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ancientman7 2011-09-23, 13:12

You can discard monsters that add up to 8+. Machina fortress can be sp. summoned from hand or grave.
ancientman7
ancientman7
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1992-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaoXide 2011-09-23, 13:19

tester12342 wrote:Related Macina Fortress question, If I have a Machina Fortress in my grave and my opp uses Monster Reborn and smashes it to my face up Gadjitron Dragon who gets the "destroyed by battle" effect?
Cards worded like that resolve in the grave, in which usually the owner of the card gets the effects that activate in their grave. So I'm pretty sure you'd get the effect, but there is a chance I could be wrong for whatever reason.
ChaoXide
ChaoXide

Birthday : 1989-04-27

http://forums.kametsu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  matt.dekok 2011-09-23, 13:29

ChaoXide wrote:
tester12342 wrote:Related Macina Fortress question, If I have a Machina Fortress in my grave and my opp uses Monster Reborn and smashes it to my face up Gadjitron Dragon who gets the "destroyed by battle" effect?
Cards worded like that resolve in the grave, in which usually the owner of the card gets the effects that activate in their grave. So I'm pretty sure you'd get the effect, but there is a chance I could be wrong for whatever reason.

You are not wrong. That is exactly how it works. Sangan, Mystic Tomato, etc. The owner of the card gets the effect because it activates from their graveyard.

I believe the owner of the thread was wondering if Machina Fortress was like the semi-nomi monsters that have to be summoned properly from the hand, extra deck, etc before they can be revived through any effect. The answer to that is no. Machina Fortress is neither nomi nor semi-nomi. He can be revived from the grave if sent there by an effect like Foolish Burial or Lightsworn mill.
matt.dekok
matt.dekok

Birthday : 1988-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Magician of Black Chaos 2011-09-24, 03:11

Shippou wrote:
Key wrote:You can discard 8+ stars.
That is not my question. My question is if I can ressurect him if he was never in my hand

Yes, you can. You remember,the combo with future fusion in the deck machine. 1st you activate Future fusion, next you send machinas to grave, then you discard 8 stars & then you summon machina from grave.
Magician of Black Chaos
Magician of Black Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down