Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Drain and Direct Attacker

+3
LuzCeleste
The Dubstep Dealer
kangtuji
7 posters

Go down

Solved Skill Drain and Direct Attacker

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-13, 11:15

Can I use skill drain when opp declare a direct attack with monster that can direct attack ?

Because when he does direct attack, I have stronger monster on field than his monster

So, If I flip Skill Drain on his attack, did this causes replays ? If Not... he must attack my monster and dies, correct ?

pirat
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Skill Drain and Direct Attacker

Post  The Dubstep Dealer 2011-10-13, 11:16

it cause replay im pretty sure
The Dubstep Dealer
The Dubstep Dealer

Birthday : 1995-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-13, 11:19

But number of monster doesnt changes

Also when I am attacking and opp use MST destroying my skyscrapper field spell while I am attacking stronger monster doesn't cause a replay.

(Or any gravekeepers attacking, and I use MST to destroy their necrovalley, doesnt cause replay either)
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-10-13, 11:21

It Causes a replay I believe this happened to me on the ds game... Because I had used that one funky fire card that gains 1000 every direct attack to directly attack my opponent he activated skill drain and it gave me a choice of weather I wanted to continue or not.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-10-13, 19:04

kangtuji wrote:But number of monster doesnt changes

Also when I am attacking and opp use MST destroying my skyscrapper field spell while I am attacking stronger monster doesn't cause a replay.

(Or any gravekeepers attacking, and I use MST to destroy their necrovalley, doesnt cause replay either)
Replay will happen if "number of monster on your side change" OR "effect that allow your opp directly attack is negated".

Last edited by Magicknight94 on 2011-10-13, 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-13, 19:07

Causes a replay unless his direct-attacking effect is a condition effect (which I doubt)
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  IDGAFF 2011-11-27, 13:22

If the Monster has the text "This card can attack your opponent directly." then that is a Continuous Effect. No replay occurs since the number of monsters did not change what happens is the attack "fails" due to the Effect of the Monster being negated by Skill Drain.

The same applies to a Monster like Elemental Hero Ice Edge who gains the ability to attack directly via an Ignition Effect.

On another note just because a replay occurs, does not mean the opponent is forced to continue with the Attack they have the option to simply not attack at all.

This is one of those scenarios where "technically" the criteria for a replay isn't being met but it will still "occur" since Konami hasn't come up with a term yet for what really happens.

IDGAFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-11-27, 14:12

IDGAFF wrote:This is one of those scenarios where "technically" the criteria for a replay isn't being met but it will still "occur" since Konami hasn't come up with a term yet for what really happens.
Yes they have, it's called a replay, as answered above.

When "Umi" is on the field, and "Amphibious Bugroth MK-3" declares a direct attack, and "Umi" is destroyed during the Battle Step, "Amphibious Bugroth MK-3" can no longer attack directly, so a replay occurs.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down