Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Archetypes

2 posters

Go down

Dragon Archetypes Empty Dragon Archetypes

Post  jwagoner 2011-10-27, 10:53

Has any1 else noticed theres no good dragon archetypes besides maybe dragunities? I'm willing to come up with a few ideas for some cards for one but i might need some1 elses help. Any1 up for it?
jwagoner
jwagoner

Back to top Go down

Dragon Archetypes Empty Re: Dragon Archetypes

Post  jwagoner 2011-10-27, 11:58

Alright i just had a few ideas for a new set of dragons. Their called Descendants. Heres a couple of examples of what they might be like.

The Main Spell card for the Descendants.

Dragon Archetypes 507214

A good little tuner monster for them.

Dragon Archetypes 507214

comment if you would on improvements or ideas and such.
jwagoner
jwagoner

Back to top Go down

Post  jwagoner 2011-10-27, 12:25

This is my first idea for a synchro monster for this set. Comment plz

Dragon Archetypes 507214

1 "Descendant" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Once per turn, in either player's turn, if "Descend from the mountain" is on the field, you can negate the activation of a spell or trap card. All face up "Descendant" monsters gain 200 atk and def for each "Descendant" monster in your graveyard.
jwagoner
jwagoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-10-27, 15:54

jwagoner wrote:Alright i just had a few ideas for a new set of dragons. Their called Descendants. Heres a couple of examples of what they might be like.

The Main Spell card for the Descendants.

Dragon Archetypes 507214

A good little tuner monster for them.

Dragon Archetypes 507214

comment if you would on improvements or ideas and such.

The correct wording for the cards:

"Face-up "Descendant" monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: you can discard 1 "Descendant" card; add 1 Level 4 or lower "Descendant" Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand."

"You can Tribute this card while "Descend from the Mountain" is face-up on the field: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Descendant" Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your side of the field."

Also this wording makes Gravekeeper's Descendant an exception because of Dragon-Type monster, and also expanded parts where you missed words (like from your Deck to your hand you missed the "to your hand" part of the effect).

For the cards themselves: they feel like "Dragunity" archetype a bit. They are nothing Special just searching out the Deck really fast - just what Dragon Decks do nowadays. Chaos Dragon and Dragunity too. Why don't you make an Exceed-oriented Dragon Archetype instead? There are still archetypes based on concepts (like Armed or Horus monsters based on LV cards, Dragunities are based on Synchro, Red-Eyes deck based on Special Summoning and Fusions (with REMDM and Wyvern). Yu-Gi-Oh! needs a good Exceed (Xyz) oriented Dragon archetype, even if they are a revamp of an old concept (like using "Blue-Eyes" monsters to make good Exceed monsters, or "Lancer" for example).

jwagoner wrote:This is my first idea for a synchro monster for this set. Comment plz

Dragon Archetypes 507214

1 "Descendant" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
Once per turn, in either player's turn, if "Descend from the mountain" is on the field, you can negate the activation of a spell or trap card. All face up "Descendant" monsters gain 200 atk and def for each "Descendant" monster in your graveyard.

This card is really broken. Even if the concept's now it's weak because there is only 1 "Descendant" Dragon-Type monster at the moment, this card itself would make me to build a "Descendant" Deck because it's really broken. It's a Child of "Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En" and "Jurrac Giganoto" with really huge ATK.

Also, there are no multiple Types like Dragon/Warrior. There is only one, then you can write in the text that it's a warrior. Also some grammar error in this one too, so I'm gonna fix it:

1 "Descendant" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
(This card is always treated as a Warrior-Type monster.) Once per turn, while "Descend from the Mountain" is face-up on the field: you can negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card. You can use this effect during either player's turn. Face up "Descendant" monsters gain 200 Atk and Def for each "Descendant" monster in your Graveyard.

---

I hope I gave you some useable tips, keep up the good work, but be a bit more creative!
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down