Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damage calculation is applied normally.

+2
Key
wyfrost
6 posters

Go down

Damage calculation is applied normally. Empty Damage calculation is applied normally.

Post  wyfrost 2011-06-07, 21:44

I want to ask another question
(Damage calculation is applied normally.)
If a monster attacks a monster that have that words in its effect (example : Marshmallon), that attacking monster will get piercing effect?
I'm debating this with my friend. I said no while he said yes.
wyfrost
wyfrost

Back to top Go down

Damage calculation is applied normally. Empty Re: Damage calculation is applied normally.

Post  Key 2011-06-07, 21:47

Of course piercing effects apply
Marshmallon does not stop or negate any attacks.
Plus it says Damage Calculation applies normally ....
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Damage calculation is applied normally. Empty Re: Damage calculation is applied normally.

Post  wyfrost 2011-06-07, 21:50

Key wrote:Of course piercing effects apply
Marshmallon does not stop or negate any attacks.
Plus it says Damage Calculation applies normally ....

I mean that all monsters that attacks Marshmallon will get piercing effect because of that words.....
(He attacks my Marshmallon with his crystal beast topaz tiger and that's the start of our debating)
wyfrost
wyfrost

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-06-07, 21:52

No. Monsters without piercing will not get piercing.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-07, 22:07

Damage calculation is a sub-step in the battle phase, where you can activate Honest, Kalut and such.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  wyfrost 2011-06-07, 22:41

Thanks for answering my question. I will tell him later and if he's not believe it, maybe I should print-screen and print it to makes him realize that he's the wrong one.
wyfrost
wyfrost

Back to top Go down

Post  Train Heartnet 2011-06-08, 06:14

Yep the line on Marshmallon means that it can be attacked normally and if it was in ATK position damage would be applied normally as any other situation, just that Marshmallon won't be destroyed by battle. And yes only Monsters that inflict Piercing Damage (EX: Blackwing - Bora the Spear) will inflict damage when they attack marshmallon while it's in DEF Position.
Train Heartnet
Train Heartnet

Birthday : 1992-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-06-08, 06:42

The posts in this thread went in enough directions that I wouldn't be surprised to see someone misinterpret the answers to the questions.

Any time a card says 'X occurs normally', it is just a reminder of the limitations of an effect.

This reminder text is unnecessary for those with the wit and wherewithal to know that just because monsters don't die in battle doesn't mean battle damage somehow changes or stops.

That reminder text exists as a clarification for the two people new enough to the game to make a mistake in this simple matter.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke666 2011-06-09, 02:02

Monster without piercing effect can't pierce Marshmallon .
Sasuke666
Sasuke666

Birthday : 1991-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down