Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donation Rewards!

+27
Rave
Smokay
The.Copy.Ninja
shadowgod111
SenbonZakura11
Allystare
The Dean
CheyMcFly
Eliwood
CCStormgust
Keynomaru
Sheena
[EP] Irate
Zero2Hero
MultiJazzBeat
GoldenEyes
S.S.A.
Twilight Sparkle
{EX} TheVoid
Phraxure
Black Luster SoldierCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY
LuzCeleste
Tcbskater
Key
Adept VantageSP
Goddess nX
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Donation Rewards! - Page 2 Empty Re: Donation Rewards!

Post  Allystare 2011-12-25, 17:10

Key wrote:
The Dean wrote:$10 per month just so you get something that will discourage you from dueling in rated, only to be able to "stand out"? And also, to get something that in a site with half a million people isn't offered, or at least have a much larger variety of avatars to choose from?

And what happens when these 30 days pass? Another $10 that you'll never see again, only for the purpose of being different from others, but now with $1 everyone will be different from everyone, so everyone will be the same!
You're not donating for the customs, that would be paying, which is not the reason we're doing this

You're donating to help lower the cost of server, so we give you the recognition thus you can be recognized as the supporter.

@ Dean, I think the avatars/sleeves are taken away when your donation expires, so you can't just simply pay $1 to get sleeves, let it expire, and keep the ones that you had last stay forever.

@Key, that is purely a semantics game.You know as well as everyone else that most of the people donating are doing it for the sleeves, and not for the sake of donating -- or at least the primary motive is sleeves. Otherwise, this wouldn't have been hailed as a brilliant marketing strategy(which it is), and the amount of people donating wouldn't have increased(which undoubtedly has). So while the Adminship might view this as a "reward/Thanks for donating", most of the rest of the community likely views this as "paying for sleeves/avatars", which *is* essentially what this is. There is nothing wrong with that, but let's just call a spade a spade.

Allystare

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-12-26, 11:41

Everyone sees it as a reward. Which can easily be taken away from you if abused. (posting inappropriate content, getting banned, etc.
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Allystare 2011-12-26, 13:41

Goddess nX wrote:Everyone sees it as a reward. Which can easily be taken away from you if abused. (posting inappropriate content, getting banned, etc.

I don`t want to argue too much about this, since this is practically a minor point, but this is simply rather presumptuous and not true. The Adminship clearly views this as a reward, and as do the Mods -- which is fine, but some other players in the community do not. In the end it doesn`t matter, but it is quite true that the mindset people approach this with is not, "I really want to help contribute/sustain the community, so I guess I will donate", rather, it is "I really want those sleeves, so I guess I will donate since that is what the cost(in a practical manner) is".

As for your second comment, I have played MMORPGs where they have explicitly offered a product, subscription to the game, that they too have stated that they would cancel the subscription without a refund if there was any foul play or abuse. So I don`t think that makes much of a difference.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter, this is a fine and brilliant way to sustain the community/servers.

Allystare

Back to top Go down

Post  SenbonZakura11 2011-12-27, 00:00

Yeah, make it like a $5-10 donation for an all time avatar and sleeve change. I'd pay

SenbonZakura11

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-27, 01:04

SenbonZakura11 wrote:Yeah, make it like a $5-10 donation for an all time avatar and sleeve change. I'd pay

they dont need to. so many people donating Razz
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Birthday : 1993-09-02

http://cheymcfly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowgod111 2011-12-27, 01:25

Loving the rewards but maybe a little increase on the days maybe 5 i'm going to donate 10 $ in a moment i just want a custom hero sleeve.
shadowgod111
shadowgod111

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Copy.Ninja 2011-12-27, 17:29

In order for me to donate, I'm going to need something better than 3 days worth of stuff that doesn't even help me in-game. There should be permanent rewards for donating. The best way to do this I think should be a milestone system where you unlock certain things when you have donated 'X' amount total. I should also get a reward if you implement my idea. (you really should lol)

The.Copy.Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-27, 17:32

The.Copy.Ninja wrote:In order for me to donate, I'm going to need something better than 3 days worth of stuff that doesn't even help me in-game. There should be permanent rewards for donating. The best way to do this I think should be a milestone system where you unlock certain things when you have donated 'X' amount total. I should also get a reward if you implement my idea. (you really should lol)

If you aren't a cheap ass you'll get more than 3 days
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-12-27, 17:35

CheyMcFly wrote:
The.Copy.Ninja wrote:In order for me to donate, I'm going to need something better than 3 days worth of stuff that doesn't even help me in-game. There should be permanent rewards for donating. The best way to do this I think should be a milestone system where you unlock certain things when you have donated 'X' amount total. I should also get a reward if you implement my idea. (you really should lol)

^ This
+1 (and its your 777 post xD)

And Truth is you Should Donate anyway i mean your playing yugioh with Jugdes and A great System with tcg and ocg with over 6000 Players

...... And your getting it for free
You Could Give a little back
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-12-27, 17:56

Gxmaster wrote:
CheyMcFly wrote:

^ This

And Truth is you Should Donate anyway i mean your playing yugioh with Jugdes and A great System with tcg and ocg with over 6000 Players

I could see your point of view there but like mentioned above just about nobody is going to donate just for the sake of donating. But still, dn isnt one of those online games where it's 99.9% for the people that pay, like maple story or yugioh online. so, meh.
Smokay
Smokay

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-27, 18:22

Smokay wrote:
Gxmaster wrote:
CheyMcFly wrote:

^ This

I could see your point of view there but like mentioned above just about nobody is going to donate just for the sake of donating. But still, dn isnt one of those online games where it's 99.9% for the people that pay, like maple story or yugioh online. so, meh.
I don't know what you mean by no one is gonna donate money just for the sake of donating...I was donating money before the rewards were here.

Just from common sense, I know nothing is free and I know these servers take money to run, so since this community is great and I'm having a good time I decided I should help out.

So yeah people will give money, because we don't want the place to die out... As said, it's a huge community, we got judges and it's just amazing...

And this is awesome it gives no advantage other than looking cool xD... Which is a really nice niche.

You know I've noticed that when you have a special avatar, people tend to disagree with you less about rulings, I've told everyone that's asked that you get th custom avatar/sleeve for donating, a lot of people have said they wanted to, but who knows if they will. It'd be cool if they did.

It's just a matter of doing your part really, you're not paying, you're just helping, no one will force you to donate, it's just encouraging you to.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dean 2011-12-27, 20:32

Number of donations increased (it would be good to have actual numbers) undoubtedly. X people used to donate before. X*10 people are donating since the reward system kicked in. You call it "donating". They call it "buying". They played before, they play now, they don't actually consider the idea of helping a site remain alive, cause let's face it, most people don't care. It was KDVC, it is DN, it will be something else.

There will be more ideas involving paying in the future, everyone likes "extra income". I can't predict what they will include, maybe days without rating loss when a duel is lost.

I agree to the comment with permanent custom avatar/sleeves option. It's not gonna happen, I just agree.

All in all a great marketing idea, but let's not call it things it is not.

The Dean
The Dean

Back to top Go down

Post  Rave 2011-12-28, 20:19

Pay $1 for only 3 days? I'll pass on that lame offer. I'd rather pay 5 dollars for a month or $10 for a years worth of custom avatars and sleeves. The sleeves and avatars are barely even worth a dollar, so paying $1 for just 3 days when I might only be on DN once a week is a huge rip off.
Rave
Rave

Birthday : 1994-08-26

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Project_Jantox/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-28, 23:41

Rave wrote:Pay $1 for only 3 days? I'll pass on that lame offer. I'd rather pay 5 dollars for a month or $10 for a years worth of custom avatars and sleeves. The sleeves and avatars are barely even worth a dollar, so paying $1 for just 3 days when I might only be on DN once a week is a huge rip off.
once again
it is not jsut for your sleeves
it is to help the community
and if you are that much of a cheap ass
Then have fun.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-28, 23:46

Rave wrote:Pay $1 for only 3 days? I'll pass on that lame offer. I'd rather pay 5 dollars for a month or $10 for a years worth of custom avatars and sleeves. The sleeves and avatars are barely even worth a dollar, so paying $1 for just 3 days when I might only be on DN once a week is a huge rip off.

Hence why it is optional. To each their own.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rave 2011-12-29, 00:54

CheyMcFly wrote:
once again
Then have fun.
It has nothing to do with me being cheap or not. I'm just saying that we should get our moneys worth since 3 days is too short and let's be serious here... nobodies donating money to help the community. xD

On another note! If I pay for the 3 days and change my avi and sleeves, will I be able to keep those changes or do they revert back to the default ones after the 3 days?
Rave
Rave

Birthday : 1994-08-26

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Project_Jantox/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-29, 01:39

Rave wrote:
CheyMcFly wrote:
once again
Then have fun.
It has nothing to do with me being cheap or not. I'm just saying that we should get our moneys worth since 3 days is too short and let's be serious here... nobodies donating money to help the community. xD

On another note! If I pay for the 3 days and change my avi and sleeves, will I be able to keep those changes or do they revert back to the default ones after the 3 days?

you can pay for more than 3 days.
$10= 1 month Which is why I called you a cheap ass.
and you don't keep them
and we have members here who have been donating since DN started
before the rewards even started
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  aster_phoenix001 2011-12-29, 01:55

com'on $1 for 3 days....when u think about it, it only 33 cent per day, that not bad at all. i even pay $5 per week if to have my own avatar...n it not that you have to donate,it your choice if you want to help DN. keep up the good work guy, love the ideas so we can help our community n got some benefit from it..wish u guy add some tag duel or triple duel on soon!!!
aster_phoenix001
aster_phoenix001

Birthday : 1990-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief 2011-12-29, 03:55

Just saying. BLS did this for free. The fact that you're complaining about donating a few dollars a month shows what kind of person you are.
Chief
Chief

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-12-29, 04:16

Whenever you see Chief post, you see someone get owned.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 04:18

Chief wrote:Just saying. BLS did this for free. The fact that you're complaining about donating a few dollars a month shows what kind of person you are.

The sad part is it is optional. So they don't have to do it, they can ignore it.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-29, 04:30

TheVoid wrote:Whenever you see Chief post, you see someone get owned.

Chief is DN's version of The Rock.

Putting boots to asses all day, err' day.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dean 2011-12-29, 07:14

Chief wrote:Just saying. BLS did this for free. The fact that you're complaining about donating a few dollars a month shows what kind of person you are.

BLS did this for free to begin with, and attract people, and now we get this donations=custom avatars thing, and in the future other similar "things". All websites, and even more, all places where things are offered follow that same policy when they start off by giving something for free. It's all around you and if you don't want to notice it, it's up to you.

The only good thing so far is that it is optional, as many mentioned. And because a non-optional approach of the same subject would literally kill DN, I see many more "optional" paying options coming up.

The kind of person who doesn't want to see his/her money vanishing after 3 days. And don't tell me that the avatar thing was to "reward" donators and not to attract new and more. It's all in any marketing book.

This thing would attract much less commotion if it was created separately from the donating thing. And naming it what it is. Custom avatar/sleeves buying, for $1 for 3 days.
The Dean
The Dean

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-29, 07:17

This thing would attract much less commotion if it was created separately from the donating thing. And naming it what it is. Custom avatar/sleeves buying, for $1 for 3 days.
um that's what i saw it as
As long with donating.

The kind of person who doesn't want to see his/her money vanishing after 3 days.
i dont understand why you would only donate $1 at a time....
that's so pointless.

and it is good that it is optional. It is getting a lot of attention as far as I know Smile
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-12-29, 08:47

Chey's got a point. Her customs certainly got my attention. Probably why I couldn't beat her in a duel.
Smokay
Smokay

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 09:33

Smokay wrote:Chey's got a point. Her customs certainly got my attention. Probably why I couldn't beat her in a duel.

I am going to intrept this in the most innocent way possible.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-12-29, 09:41

vantagesp wrote:
Smokay wrote:Chey's got a point. Her customs certainly got my attention. Probably why I couldn't beat her in a duel.

No you're not.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 09:49

Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

No you're not.

I can try at least... just think the opposite of what you are thinking of...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-12-29, 09:51

I don't get it.
Smokay
Smokay

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 09:53

Smokay wrote:I don't get it.

While dueling you stared blankly at her picture. Distracted. You wondered... Why am I not supporting DN? I should donate to help my favourite site! Here is yoru chance child, spread the word of DN and donate today!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-12-29, 09:58

vantagesp wrote:

While dueling you stared blankly at her picture. Distracted. You wondered... Why am I not supporting DN? I should donate to help my favourite site! Here is yoru chance child, spread the word of DN and donate today!
Unfortunately, I'm not one of those spoiled asses that has a rich credit card account at 14...
Smokay
Smokay

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 10:00

Smokay wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm not one of those spoiled asses that has a rich credit card account at 14...

Well there is that, but you can always buy prepaid credit cards that are usuable for online purchases. They range from $25-200 dollars. They are like gift cards that can be used anywhere. They have activation fees though.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-12-29, 10:05

Aha. Well, 80% of the time I'm on here, I'm on a mobile device, hence my short and seemingly spammy posts. But you can expect it in the future.
Smokay
Smokay

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-12-29, 10:34

vantagesp wrote:
Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

No you're not.

What's the opposite of Super Robot Rainbow Duckies of Daffodils?
Saturn
Saturn

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 10:39

Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:
Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

No you're not.

Trick question, it was the Miller in the Study with the Chalice!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dean 2011-12-29, 11:06

CheyMcFly wrote:
The kind of person who doesn't want to see his/her money vanishing after 3 days.
that's so pointless.

and it is good that it is optional. It is getting a lot of attention as far as I know Smile

I didn't say someone would donate $1 at a time. But eventually, the money someone donates disappear into thin air...
The Dean
The Dean

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 11:09

People are willing to spend money on cofeee or cheap burgers that they just expell quicker anyway. At least this looks good and the money goes to support DN
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2011-12-29, 11:15

I don't see why this is causing an argument. Vantage has already said it's optional, so no body is forced to donate if they are not willing to. BLS has simply promoted donating by offering an award with for a small sum of money. So as well as helping support DN, you also gain by having the ability to upload custom CBs and avatars. You see, both ways benefit.

TLDR - Donate if you want, don't if you don't want to. :S No big deal
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-12-29, 14:03

vantagesp wrote:
Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:
Nebuwah wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

No you're not.

Trick question, it was the Miller in the Study with the Chalice!

Incorrect! At the time the murder took place, there was no way the Miller could have been there as he was speaking to the Butler in the Kitchen! It was clearly the Maid, in the Study, with the Wrench!
Saturn
Saturn

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-29, 15:41

Yes guys
having custom sleeves=winning duels
come on
buy them!
(;
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-12-29, 20:56

My win rate Has increased with my Twilight Sparkles sleeves
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-29, 23:50

vantagesp wrote:

I just saw this and died laughing <3
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-29, 23:53

CheyMcFly wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

I just saw this and died laughing <3

I am pretty great...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-30, 05:49

The Dean wrote:
CheyMcFly wrote:
that's so pointless.

I didn't say someone would donate $1 at a time. But eventually, the money someone donates disappear into thin air...

Isn't this with anything though?
>_>
Anyways, it doesn't disappear into thin air, it helps out the site.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2