Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not so great suggestion

+8
raidou
3E-hero neos
TheBeardedLady
Badass_Bunny
Potus-Mat
Phoenix Wright
Tsunayoshi
ghostrider2x1
12 posters

Go down

not so great suggestion Empty not so great suggestion

Post  ghostrider2x1 2011-12-26, 01:23

Well this my suggestion ive been noticing when I watch duels a players opponet quits and he gets mad so heres what I say is a somewhat good solution I say somewhat cause peoples opinions are different.

If that person quits to many times on rated he won't be able to rank up everytime he plays for a certain amount of time (im gonna use not being able to rank up for 2 weeks as in example).

And this will cut down on rage quitting wich i have no problem with but some people do im speaking for the people who hate for their opponet to quit on them in a (rated duel). And this only takes effect if they quit to early or they quit when they were supposed to admit.

Now for the people who are honest when they quit this shouldn't effect them cause rage quitters do it constantly.

I know some of you may be scared like if you disconnect this could happen to you well like i said " And this only takes effect if they quit to early or they quit when they were supposed to admit."

Now from expirience of disconnecting it takes long to happen so you shouldn't be effected. Cause you know before you lag out you freeze.

Last edited by ghostrider2x1 on 2012-02-05, 01:47; edited 1 time in total
ghostrider2x1
ghostrider2x1

Back to top Go down

not so great suggestion Empty Re: not so great suggestion

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-26, 01:27

Once again, you didnt take those with poor connections into account. If they were to be dropped too many times, they would end up being blocked from getting a higher rating because of something outside of their control.

Bad idea is bad.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostrider2x1 2011-12-26, 01:29

Tsunayoshi wrote:Once again, you didnt take those with poor connections into account. If they were to be dropped too many times, they would end up being blocked from getting a higher rating because of something outside of their control.

Bad idea is bad.
Did you read the whole thing?
ghostrider2x1
ghostrider2x1

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-12-26, 01:31

How would the system differentiate between people who D/C and people who ragequit?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-26, 01:32

Why should I read the entire thread when its the same idea in another package? Pox just pointed out the exact and blatantly glaring problem with your idea already and so have I.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostrider2x1 2011-12-26, 01:34

Pox_Equestria wrote:How would the system differentiate between people who D/C and people who ragequit?
Cause I know how ragequitters do they either quit when they lose or they quit beginning of the game Now people who D/C mostly It happens mid game or almost end and before they lag out based on my expirience it normally freezes first.
ghostrider2x1
ghostrider2x1

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-12-26, 01:34

ghostrider2x1 wrote:Now if you disagree with me one of thease two could be the problem.
1. You don't understand the suggestion.
2. It's just your opinion.
3. Your just flipping out over the flow and not looking at any of the good.
Just going to work on this part...
1.) 2≠3.
2.) You underestimate and generalize the opposition.
3.) You overestimate yourself.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-26, 01:35

ghostrider2x1 wrote:
Pox_Equestria wrote:How would the system differentiate between people who D/C and people who ragequit?
Cause I know how ragequitters do they either quit when they lose or they quit beginning of the game Now people who D/C mostly It happens mid game or almost end and before they lag out based on my expirience it normally freezes first.

Except a computer will NOT be able to tell the difference, regardless of what you think. Any one that doesnt complete a duel will be counted as a quitter, if it happens too many times, an innocent person gets punished for something they cant control

Last time I am going to say this, bad idea is bad.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostrider2x1 2011-12-26, 01:40

Tsunayoshi wrote:
ghostrider2x1 wrote:

Except a computer will NOT be able to tell the difference, regardless of what you think. Any one that doesnt complete a duel will be counted as a quitter, if it happens too many times, an innocent person gets punished for something they cant control

Thats why I said I didn't care about ragequitters. I was speaking for the people who do so yea you have a point.
ghostrider2x1
ghostrider2x1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-26, 01:42

ghostrider2x1 wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:
ghostrider2x1 wrote:

Thats why I didn't care about ragequitters I was speaking for the people who do so yea you have a point.

If you did not care about people quitting, then you would not have posted this thread in the first place, nor try to press the point once the flaws in your idea were pointed out.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostrider2x1 2011-12-26, 01:50

Tsunayoshi wrote:
ghostrider2x1 wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:
ghostrider2x1 wrote:

Thats why I didn't care about ragequitters I was speaking for the people who do so yea you have a point.

If you did not care about people quitting, then you would not have posted this thread in the first place, nor try to press the point once the flaws in your idea were pointed out.
Well I guess now we wait for a staff member to lock or close the topic or the topic dies.
ghostrider2x1
ghostrider2x1

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-26, 11:18

Suggestion has good intentions but is a bad one, rage quitting is a part of the game, when someone quits both players lose something the person quitting being the person that lost more while the player who didn't quit still gets the rating.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBeardedLady 2012-01-31, 11:28

um... i still dont see why we do not get exp when someone rage quits, it is not fair that every match i play someone rage quits and I win without getting exp points. Complete waste of time dueling, because some one has to act like a coward and leaves instead of admit defeat and no exp.
TheBeardedLady
TheBeardedLady

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-31, 13:11

NO, just no to this suggestion.

You'd be better off making quitters lose EXP(not giving the opponent any since the duel wasn't finished).

Ps: It IS possible to program that disconnect is something else then quit, it's all been programmed by BLS himself like this.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-31, 13:14

When your opponent quits he gets loses the 2 Exp point he would have won if he admitted defeat, and you just don't get 1 Point, so they actually loose more than you.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-01-31, 18:29

didnt you notice the more you play agaisnt people who admited defeat at least once the less chance your opponent will ragequit?

i think thats what the friend list is for (but i wish it was easier to use)
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrotieMcBoogerBalls 2012-02-01, 00:07

Tsunayoshi wrote:Once again, you didnt take those with poor connections into account. If they were to be dropped too many times, they would end up being blocked from getting a higher rating because of something outside of their control.

Bad idea is bad.

I don't think you know how easy it is to program an IFTHEN command into any website

IF the user disconnects and does not click the quit button, THEN no consequence is applied

IF the user does not disconnect via loss of internet and DOES click the quit button THEN apply consequences

Also this can be altered to allow for people who would go as far as exiting the browser to avoid clicking the button

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2012-02-01, 00:20

Humm being able to tell diffince between Quiting and Dcing
/// Diconects internet .... enables internet
problem solved..?
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2012-02-01, 00:48

I guess you don't understand how a people's emotion system work, don't you?

Your suggestion seems try to prevent rage quitting in a game completely... Well... it is impossible...

Player will rage quit when they are angry even they know they will lose rep... Anger is a major factor that cause the rage quitting of player... When player will angry? They will angry when they in bad mood and they found themselves in seriously disadvantageous in a match at the same time, then they will feel tired of following game rules and they will do some action that can allow them release the rages and angers inside them by rage quitting/cheating/harassing opponent even they know these act are against the rules because they only want to release they inner rages and angers in this movement...

Anger is one of the human's feeling, it can't be prevented by your silly suggestion... All we can do is hope them will learn how to control their emotion...

And beside that, are you trying to telling us that DN is opened for player with good connection but not for player with poor connection...?
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-01, 08:55

is this Kaiba multiple account? epic bad idea
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down