Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials

+7
LuzCeleste
Zero2Hero
3E-hero neos
Badass_Bunny
AsherpotterCOPY
DarkRiku
Kaiba
11 posters

Go down

Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials Empty Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-16, 18:57

You should be able to select Banish/Grave/Extra on the Xyz itself.

The Xyz should move first while leaving the materials to be moved afterwards. Basically, reverse the action of putting it over the materials. Afterwards you would then, of course, put the materials in the proper places (grave or banished).

I suppose I should add my disclaimer, because any time I think I don't need it, someone comments an unnecessary response anyway. *sigh*

Disclaimer: I acknowledge that this is not top priority (or possibly not a priority at all), and in no way am I expecting this to be done immediately (or at all). Please refrain from making any comments about how "BLS has more important things to worry about" or "this is not necessary". Comment on the suggestion itself.

Last edited by Kaiba on 2012-01-19, 23:28; edited 4 times in total
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials Empty Re: Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-17, 03:36

I will have to say that would be nice but DN is based off of manual play and nothing about it is auto except for drawing each turn.

Hope I meet your criteria for your post.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials Empty Re: Send Xyz To Grave/Banish it/Send to Extra - Specifically, Xyz moves first, then materials

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-17, 03:43

I'm not all that fussed about it; it just doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. Also, it could interfere when cards such as Macro Cosmos are face-up, and we wouldn't want the game to help you violate mechanics.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-17, 04:38

DarkRiku wrote:I will have to say that would be nice but DN is based off of manual play and nothing about it is auto except for drawing each turn.

Hope I meet your criteria for your post.

Many things are auto, it auto special summons Xyz's and also Auto Attacks
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-17, 05:11

Asherpotter wrote:I'm not all that fussed about it; it just doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. Also, it could interfere when cards such as Macro Cosmos are face-up, and we wouldn't want the game to help you violate mechanics.

It's not exactly a problem. Just go to the grave and banish the cards.

Also, even if it isn't made to auto detach them, at the very least I think that the Xyz should be able to bounce/banish/grave without the materials leaving first. The materials can already exist on top of one another without an Xyz over it (after all, that's what needs to happen before you put the Xyz on). Just select the action on the Xyz itself, then detach the bottom material from the top, then send the top material to the grave/banished.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-17, 06:32

It takes 2 seconds to detach and is not worth the programming then.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-17, 16:21

3E-hero neos wrote:It takes 2 seconds

Incorrect.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-17, 16:58

You got what I mean, I meant it takes very little time. Just a way of saying it.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-17, 19:21

Regardless of how long it takes, I'd rather one of these options be implemented (auto-detach or moving the Xyz first).
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-18, 12:21

It's still a suggestion because you're lazy.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-18, 16:02

I see you are not paying attention AT ALL.

My second suggestion (move the Xyz first) requires the same amount of clicks, and therefore no less time, nor does it benefit lazy people.

I'm not quite sure how you missed that, bud. How embarrassing it must be for you to have everyone see what a FAILURE you are at reading the English language. It's funny, really.

Nice try though. Better luck next time. In the meantime, try picking up one of those "I-Can-Read" books. You might need to ask for assistance in finding it though, since...you know...you can't read.

All jokes aside, the reason for the latter suggestion (sending the Xyz first) is not about being lazy, but instead about making it clear to both players what is happening (activating an effect vs. the Xyz leaving the field).

I can't imagine it would be too hard to code...after all, you're only reversing the action of putting the Xyz on the materials.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2012-01-18, 16:05

Kaiba, your attitude his why Admins don't pay attention to your suggestions. They always lead to fights, so it's all pointless to click your threads.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-18, 16:06

Also, no one else likes the suggestion, regardless of how easy it might be to code.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2012-01-18, 16:30

I like detaching ... It's fun to me...

-is weird-
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-18, 16:57

If they wanted to do it like that, surely they would have done it in the first place?
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-18, 17:28

Kaiba wrote:I see you are not paying attention AT ALL.

My second suggestion (move the Xyz first) requires the same amount of clicks, and therefore no less time, nor does it benefit lazy people.

I'm not quite sure how you missed that, bud. How embarrassing it must be for you to have everyone see what a FAILURE you are at reading the English language. It's funny, really.

Nice try though. Better luck next time. In the meantime, try picking up one of those "I-Can-Read" books. You might need to ask for assistance in finding it though, since...you know...you can't read.

All jokes aside, the reason for the latter suggestion (sending the Xyz first) is not about being lazy, but instead about making it clear to both players what is happening (activating an effect vs. the Xyz leaving the field).

I can't imagine it would be too hard to code...after all, you're only reversing the action of putting the Xyz on the materials.

Read such a book, thanks for the suggestion, but it wasted my time, didn't learn a thing.

Oh and mr Nice Guy said to me that mr Kaiba impersonator has to be nicer to other members on forums.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-18, 20:40

Asherpotter wrote:Also, no one else likes the suggestion

Surveyed all of DN, did you? I doubt that.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-18, 21:30

I'd yell at Kaiba here, but it takes 2 sides to start a fight. And in most cases, neither side is right.

I like the idea about sending the Xyz itself while leaving the materials. The auto detach just seems like an extra luxury though and probably won't see attention.(and yes I read the disclaimer so I'm not bashing you for this)
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-19, 02:55

I just don't see the big deal with it. It would help speed up with Wind-ups, however. They are the biggest offenders of this after all.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-19, 03:36

I do not make suggestions based on how big of a "deal" something is. I make suggestions in the hopes of improving Dueling Network.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-19, 04:01

Kaiba wrote:
Asherpotter wrote:Also, no one else likes the suggestion

Surveyed all of DN, did you? I doubt that.
Obviously I didn't mean no one in the world; clearly, I meant the most relevant place, i.e., this thread.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-19, 12:28

DarkRiku wrote:I just don't see the big deal with it. It would help speed up with Wind-ups, however. They are the biggest offenders of this after all.

There is no big deal.

Doesn't mean it's a bad suggestion.

@asherpotter: Seriously man, if the suggestion is so stupid that nobody would like it the thread probably would've been locked right now.

Plus I like the suggestion, rendering your comment invalid.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-19, 14:59

Didn't suspect to get my head bitten off for what I said. Guess I need to be more careful what I say.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-01-19, 15:07

Miror B. wrote:
DarkRiku wrote:I just don't see the big deal with it. It would help speed up with Wind-ups, however. They are the biggest offenders of this after all.

There is no big deal.

Doesn't mean it's a bad suggestion.

@asherpotter: Seriously man, if the suggestion is so stupid that nobody would like it the thread probably would've been locked right now.

Plus I like the suggestion, rendering your comment invalid.

Asher was just saying no one here has said "I like this! Let's do it!"

And Kaiba why are you so rude?Just wondering, a lot of people aren't arguing with you and you are just insulting them or being rude....
anyways..

I personally do not mind, or even think about, detaching. It has become second nature, like hitting the BP. This idea isn't bad, but I doubt it's going anywhere. and yes I read that you said you don't expect it to, but it is my opinion and I am just throwing it out there.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Birthday : 1993-09-02

http://cheymcfly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-19, 16:43

CheyMcFly wrote:And Kaiba why are you so rude?Just wondering, a lot of people aren't arguing with you and you are just insulting them or being rude....

I was called lazy. That's an insult. Especially since this suggestion is not the result of laziness.

Now, I don't know how you expect me to respond to being insulted, but I'll tell you that it will never be positively.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2012-01-19, 16:54

Kaiba wrote:
CheyMcFly wrote:And Kaiba why are you so rude?Just wondering, a lot of people aren't arguing with you and you are just insulting them or being rude....

I was called lazy. That's an insult. Especially since this suggestion is not the result of laziness.

Now, I don't know how you expect me to respond to being insulted, but I'll tell you that it will never be positively.

Kaiba, as someone who has watched you complain, insult and call other people stupid in this thread, You have zero room to get all your hackles up when people start insulting you back.
IMO, this suggestion is not needed, as it would eliminate something that takes 3 seconds of your life anyways.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-19, 18:52

DefiniteOtaku wrote:as it would eliminate something that takes 3 seconds of your life anyways.
My suggestion does not eliminate any time at all.

Try reading the OP again, perhaps. Particularly the disclaimer, because it dispells any comments of necessity, which you just made. Nice job, bro. You might want to try picking up one of those "I-Can-Read" books as well. Perhaps you'll benefit from it.

At any rate, what I ACTUALLY want simply changes around the order things are done (therefore not the amount of time). First the Xyz moves, then the materials.

Oh, and I'm FULLY entitled to respond negatively to an insult. Regardless of whether I've insulted people in the past or not. I'm...not quite sure why you think I can't get upset about it. I'm literally BAFFLED as to why you think I don't get to be angry when insulted. It's not like I'M telling people they shouldn't get upset when THEY are insulted. Am I not human? Am I not allotted the same rights/benefits/etc. as everyone else? Hm? Why exactly is it that I must not get upset if someone insults me? Please explain. I am very eager to hear this. Try your best not to ignore this question as well, for I expect an answer.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-19, 19:00

I don't even know what you got insulted over. Over peoples opinions?
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-19, 19:33

I was accused of making this suggestion because I am "lazy".

That's an insult.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-01-19, 22:53

Kaiba wrote:I was accused of making this suggestion because I am "lazy".

That's an insult.
First off I read this whole thread and you are just plain rude, mostly for.no reason. Riku never said anything to insult you and you went all nag nag on him. Please show others kindness. When you show everyone this terrible attitude no one will take what you say seriously. Sort is my typing is weird auto correct on my phone likes to mess it.up. I don't see why you even want to chqnge it if its not to improve anyways I don't Ned a book that teaches me how to read since you've been telling everyone who has an opinion that. Seriously though, start being less rude. Just a helpful suggestion.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2012-01-19, 23:09

CheyMcFly wrote:Riku never said anything to insult you and you went all nag nag on him.
Show me where I did this.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-01-20, 01:00

Kaiba wrote:I do not make suggestions based on how big of a "deal" something is. I make suggestions in the hopes of improving Dueling Network.

You don't think that is rude at all? After he was agreeing with you?
Anyways what Zero said is completely true.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2012-01-20, 02:10

You guys need to focus less on Kaiba and more on the actual suggestion. Diplomacy is a skill, some people can't communicate that well and ends up making others believe they are either being rude or insulting when really they might not.

As I said before, I enjoy the whole, detaching process so I'm quite neutral on the idea. I do like the availability of being able to not need to do it in order, but, it's not really a big issue...

How do I say this... I think the main reason Kaiba posts these suggestions isn't as a demand for them to be implemented, but, as a sort of discussion on weather it should be implemented, not now, not soon, but, someday, maybe. The idea itself isn't bad, but, definitely not worth implementing at this time... or ever...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-01-20, 02:56

I don't see the point in changing this if it's not for improvement.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-20, 03:30

Kaiba wrote:I was accused of making this suggestion because I am "lazy".

That's an insult.

Are you suggesting you are not?

All in all, let me say you 1 thing and I mean not just to you but to everyone.

Discussion suggestions like this is pointless, believe me there is no suggestion that BLS hasn't heard already and this one in particular has been suggested before, and the results are pending.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down