Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Maw archetype

+4
S.S.A.
012yArthur0
Phraxure
T3RCX
8 posters

Go down

White Maw archetype Empty White Maw archetype

Post  T3RCX 2012-01-28, 21:29

Snowtroopers are awesome, so I made an archetype for them. Not sure if useless or broken, but it was fun and they look cool. The main win condition is beatdown using equips for support. It is not an extremely fast archetype but it can build field presence directly from the deck (the grave is actually a weakness for the high levels, as soldiers who die don't come back to life). Also, all the main Warrior types have an effect which represents how an army advances and then digs in and fortifies a position.

The YGO lore behind these is that they are the army of a militaristic empire that hails from the far north of the Duel Monsters world. The leader of the empire dispatched his army to conquer the rest of the world.

I used the Yugioh Card Maker so you may not want to quote the whole post.

The main army of the White Maw

White Maw Soldier
WATER/Warrior/Level 4/2000/1500
When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard: Return 1 "White Maw" card in your graveyard to the deck. At the end of each of your Battle Phases: This card loses 100 ATK and gains 100 DEF.
Spoiler:

White Maw Scout
WATER/Warrior/Level 3/1500/1000
When this card is sent to the graveyard: Add 1 "White Maw" monster from your deck to your hand. At the end of each of your Battle Phases: This card loses 100 ATK and gains 100 DEF.
Spoiler:

White Maw Sniper
WATER/Warrior/Level 3/1100/600
Once per turn: You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls, and this card loses 500 ATK. At the end of each of your Battle Phases: This card loses 100 ATK and gains 100 DEF.
Spoiler:

White Maw Captain
WATER/Warrior/Level 6/2400/1900
Cannot be Special Summoned from the graveyard. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-type/WATER monster from your deck. At the end of each of your Battle Phases: This card loses 100 ATK and gains 100 DEF.
Spoiler:

White Maw War Machines
WATER/Machine/Level 8/2900/2400
Cannot be Special Summoned from the graveyard. During each of your End Phases: You can Special Summon 1 "White Maw" monster from your deck. If a "White Maw" monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.
Spoiler:

Standard-issue military equipment

White Maw Helmet
Equip Spell
A Warrior-type/WATER monster equipped with this card gains 100 ATK at the start of each of your Battle Phases. If a "White Maw" monster equipped with this card would be destroyed: You can destroy this card instead. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the graveyard while equipped to a "White Maw" monster: You can put it on top of your deck.
Spoiler:

White Maw Armor
Equip Spell
When the DEF of a Warrior-type/WATER monster equipped with this card changes: The equipped monster gains ATK equal to the change in DEF. If a "White Maw" monster equipped with this card would be destroyed: You can destroy this card instead. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the graveyard while equipped to a "White Maw" monster: You can put it on top of your deck.
Spoiler:

White Maw Heavy Cannon
Equip Spell
A "White Maw" monster equipped with this card gains 700 ATK. If a "White Maw" monster equipped with this card would be destroyed: You can destroy this card instead. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the graveyard while equipped to a "White Maw" monster: You can put it on top of your deck.
Spoiler:

White Maw Sensor Package
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "White Maw" monster you control. At the start of your Battle Phase: Look at 1 set card your opponent controls. Then, if it was a Trap Card: Send that card and this card you control to the graveyard.
Spoiler:

Additional army support

White Maw Recruiting
Normal Spell
Target 2 "White Maw" cards in your graveyard: Return those cards to the deck, then draw 1 card.
Spoiler:

Army of the White Maw
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, when a "White Maw" monster is Summoned: You can add 1 "White Maw" card from your deck to your hand.
Spoiler:
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

White Maw archetype Empty Re: White Maw archetype

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-31, 11:19

Those are awesome. It's a shame nobody looks at this section much because so many people have great ideas. Imagine if Konami asked people to send in their suggestions. o_O
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  012yArthur0 2012-01-31, 11:59

I loved this archtype. I really liked.

I would say that is a tier 1.5 deck. Especially that have some broken invulnerabilites+ oversearch but that can be compensated with Linear draw.

Anyway, can you tell me how you make these graphics?
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

Birthday : 1997-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-01-31, 12:31

not broken, but good, i like em
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  012yArthur0 2012-01-31, 13:12

Also, White Maw Recruiting could be more hilarious-themed. like Darth Vader saying "I want you!"
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

Birthday : 1997-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-01-31, 13:21

lol, I didn't make the graphics, I just searched from some artists I happen to know of and then edited the images I found to make them fit the cards.

Thanks for good feedback guys, I have a few more ideas I might add later to this.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2012-01-31, 17:20

This is pretty damn cool. They could use a little more draw power, but then theres POD and Upstart, seeing how this deck isnt too big on Special summoning.
I really like it
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JeffreyRaze 2012-02-04, 14:53

If there's one thing I'd try to fix it's that White Maw Warmachines can summon more White Maw Warmachines, which seems like it could spiral out of control pretty quickly.

Other than that, this seems like a very fun set of cards to play with.

JeffreyRaze

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 15:22

good base to start with as an archtype but add something that gets youre monsters in grave for speed recycle plus needs a bigger beater i mean war machine is good and all but you need card destruction like a white maw DAD thet recycles or something around there
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  zekana 2012-02-04, 16:09

I really like this archetype. a combo of water and warrior is pretty unique, allow for a lot of support
Spoiler:

Overall, looks fun to use.

if I may make a suggestion. The archetype lacks major xyz summoning or synchroing support, though having easily assessable tuners may make them too powerful? I don't know. however, the idea of northern armies has interested me. an idea if that is alright.

White Maw Wolf Pack
2 star
Water // Beast // Tuner
1000 // 800

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned (from the hand) when there is a "White Maw" Warrior-type monster in your graveyard. The effect of "White Maw Wolf Pack" can only be used once per turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, all the other Synchro Material Monsters must have "White Maw" in their name.

the story behind these wolves could be, during the contless battles the White Maw have been in, wolves and other animals have followed their advancement, feasting apon the bodies left over from the battles. They knew that following this army meant never going hungry again.

The effect relates to how the wolves work. The army has little control over how the wolves opporate. The wolves simply follow the army, and when a new body has been made, they jump at the chance to fill their stomachs (this is why they can only be brought out when a soildier in the graveyard. the dead is their food source.)
zekana
zekana

Birthday : 1991-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-04, 22:18

So here's the next batch I made Very Happy .

First up, every army has tactics, and the White Maw is no exception... So I give you the first White Maw trap support.

White Maw Tactics - Entrenched
Continuous Trap
When you flip this card face-up: Change all "White Maw" monsters you control to Defense position. Once this card is face-up on the field, face-up Defense position "White Maw" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects that target.
Spoiler:

White Maw Tactics - Recon
Normal Trap
Look at a number of cards in your opponent's hand up to the number of "White Maw" monsters you control.
Spoiler:

In addition, I've created the first synchro support for the archetype. Here we will see more of the deadly machines the White Maw use in their conquest.

White Maw Recovery Robot
WATER/Machine/Tuner/Level 1/500/1500
Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 Equip Spell Card you control to the graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 "White Maw" Equip Spell Card in your Graveyard; Put it on top of your Deck.
Spoiler:

White Maw Reconnaissance Robot
WATER/Machine/Tuner/Level 2/1000/1000
Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Summoned: Reveal the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck, then return them to the top of the deck in any order. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send 1 "White Maw" card from your deck to the Graveyard, except "White Maw Reconnaissance Robot"; Return this card to the deck, then draw 1 card.
Spoiler:

White Maw Battle Mechs
WATER/Machine/Synchro/Level 5/2500/2000
Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. When this card is Summoned: You can banish 1 Level 5 or lower Warrior-type/WATER monster in your Graveyard. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon the monster banished by this effect.
Spoiler:

I still have more plans for this archetype. Also, I like the idea of White Maw beasts (zekana's idea), and I have some ideas for those too, so I will probably make them into a whole sub-archetype later on.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down