Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE)

+3
Saturn
Kaiza
AhhGoodTimes
7 posters

Go down

Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE) Empty Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE)

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-04, 19:22

Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE) 207px-NumbingGrubintheIceBarrierGLD3-EN-C-LE

When this card is Normal Summoned, select 1 unused Monster Card Zone. While this card is face-up on the field, that selected Monster Card Zone cannot be used.

In real life this card would be useless. However on DN this card is a troll. Clear your opponent's field, summon this guy and select the middle Monster Card Zone and bam you got a summon lock. A summon lock that doesn't require as many resources as Ojama Knight + King and Last Warrior From Another Planet. Additional protection would have to be used to protect against Spells and Traps. Searchable with Medallion of the Ice Barrier and Gokipon.

When I'm in a trollish mood I play this and the opponent usually quits.

Last edited by AhhGoodTimes on 2012-02-04, 22:32; edited 1 time in total
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE) Empty Re: Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE)

Post  Kaiza 2012-02-04, 20:24

I am sorry but

if that is your idea for a lock, its terrible
Kaiza
Kaiza

Birthday : 1991-04-04

Back to top Go down

Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE) Empty Re: Numbing Grub in the Ice Barrier (LOCK PLEASE)

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-04, 20:28

Kaiza wrote:I am sorry but

if that is your idea for a lock, its terrible

Please explain to me how preventing your opponent from summoning is terrible.

And I probably should've mentioned it in the OP but obviously I wouldn't make a deck completely reliant on Numbing Grub. A deck that relies on one monster is usually inconsistent and well... bad. I'm using it as support in my Ice Barrier Spellcaster deck which locks Spells and Traps already.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-04, 20:30

Lol it's not a summon lock... just because DN forces you to play in a specific monster card zone. You do realize your opponent is just going to have to find some way to place their monster in a different zone ( via using different cards to force it not to go into that place, like you change control of Numbing Grub so they can summon in a different place and then they change control of your monster ), right? You can't force them not to summon because of that.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-04, 20:34

Saturn wrote:Lol it's not a summon lock... just because DN forces you to play in a specific monster card zone. You do realize your opponent is just going to have to find some way to place their monster in a different zone ( via using different cards to force it not to go into that place, like you change control of Numbing Grub so they can summon in a different place and then they change control of your monster ), right? You can't force them not to summon because of that.

I always assumed the way DN is coded would make it illegal to try to place it on another monster zone. I feel like an idiot right now. On the other hand the 3 people I used it against never complained. So they're just as idiotic as I am. Very Happy

NEW POINT OF THREAD! USE NUMBING GRUB AND HOPE YOUR OPPONENT FALLS FOR IT!
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-02-04, 20:40

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-'". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..

deception wont work with this
Kaiza
Kaiza

Birthday : 1991-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-04, 20:43

AhhGoodTimes wrote:
Saturn wrote:Lol it's not a summon lock... just because DN forces you to play in a specific monster card zone. You do realize your opponent is just going to have to find some way to place their monster in a different zone ( via using different cards to force it not to go into that place, like you change control of Numbing Grub so they can summon in a different place and then they change control of your monster ), right? You can't force them not to summon because of that.

I always assumed the way DN is coded would make it illegal to try to place it on another monster zone. I feel like an idiot right now. On the other hand the 3 people I used it against never complained. So they're just as idiotic as I am. Very Happy

NEW POINT OF THREAD! USE NUMBING GRUB AND HOPE YOUR OPPONENT FALLS FOR IT!

You can't place it on another monster card zone if the one you locked out isn't occupied, that's why I said your opponent would temporarily place a card there to force the monster(s) they want to summon to go into different card zones, e.g. you changing control of your monster temporarily to allow them to do just that.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-04, 21:10

opponet quit ? really ? i bet it happened on unrated

because if you try cheating like this on rated all players would just call a mod for cheating
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  zekana 2012-02-04, 21:24

...whenever i play ojamas, i just summon tokens and swap control of them to represent the spaces that can't be used. no one has an issue with this.
zekana
zekana

Birthday : 1991-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-04, 21:24

yea, thats sharking like crazy, complete cheating
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-04, 21:32

AhhGoodTimes wrote:NEW POINT OF THREAD! USE NUMBING GRUB AND HOPE YOUR OPPONENT FALLS FOR IT!

I always forget that one can't tell a joke when it's typed. This was a joke. I'm not gonna try this again on DN.

In addition the first 3 times I tried it was not to cheat but just for my sheer stupidity and assumptian that what I said in the original post was actually right.

I request that this thread be locked because I know it's gonna turn out bad. I also request that before this thread gets locked no one else post so as not to fuel any fires. I apologize for my stupidity and not adding "lol jk" to the post I quoted.

Lock please.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-04, 22:25

you shouldve put that on the opening post

because if you knew you couldnt do it IRL then you knew it wasnt a legal summon lock

and about playing cards and take advantage of your opponent not knowing how it works

i think k to keep your mouth shut unless the opponent asks or or activates an effect to ss and wont resolve because he doesnt know the card ruling, and of course you have to play respecting the card rulings too

like thunderking ...there are many players who think it can negate ALL summons so they wont play a monster reborn when they draw it or activate monsters special summon effects for the same reason
i only forced to tell the truth if they ask about my card rulings

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-02-05, 01:44

Per Request of OP.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down