Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format

+15
The Predator32
Red_Chaos
Miror B.
S.S.A.
DefiniteOtaku
Twilight Sparkle
plsgiveme500k
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz
Phoenix Wright
Abdo_Tarek
CaptainChrno
RareHunter
Saturn
3E-hero neos
Potus-Mat
19 posters

Go down

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format Empty Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format

Post  Potus-Mat 2012-02-05, 07:51

Let's face it: we have to deal with some pretty broken stuff. If it isn't Hornet ripping our fields to shreds, it's Hunter slaying out hands. Now, I have never been one for intro's so let's get this train=wreck of and article started.
I. What Makes This Format Special:
II. The Terrors Of The Format:
III. Common Conceptions:
IV. Out-Thinking The Format:
V. Crazy, But I Just Might Work:
All bad articles must come to an end. Lucky you, here it is. If I did my job, you know a bit more about how to deal with Konami's mistakes this format. If not... meh, I get paid the same either way.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format Empty Re: Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-05, 08:07

The only reason I read it all was that you wrote it with a certain tone which I really liked!

Anyway, like you said yourself, it's not that good of an article, it's more like stating the obvious, and more a guide written in a funny way to side decking, and even then you missed a lot of cards. What about TKR, Debunk, Crow??

All in all, it's a bit of a useless article(no offense), but it was a really fun read >:3
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format Empty Re: Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format

Post  Potus-Mat 2012-02-05, 08:17

Yeah, it was pretty pointless...
But, still, it killed an hour writing it, and someone read it.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-05, 09:10

Everyone runs 4 traps, Potus. The Solemns, Dustshoot and TT. Neutral Y u forget TT?
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-05, 09:48

A guide against Third Era? seems nice

no guide to beat Elite Four deck? Prepared it! Very Happy

not the Pokemon but Elite Four in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Tengu synchro
- Karakuri
- Agent
- Dark World
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainChrno 2012-02-05, 10:04

Too late, march is coming Very Happy
CaptainChrno
CaptainChrno

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2012-02-05, 12:23

Veiler is a girl?
Never noticed that
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-05, 12:38

You should include that 2/3 of the main decks of this format rely heavily on the graveyard
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz 2012-02-05, 12:41

Why are people saying that traps are rarely being run this format? That is not true at all.
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-05, 12:47

Name a trap, other than the solemn set, dustshoot, mirror for, or torrential (that's at most 6 traps) that is commonly used
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2012-02-05, 12:48

I saw many people run fiendish chain, bottomless trap hole, torrential tribute, mirror force, D. prison, solemn warning, solemn judgment, Trap dust shoot... 3 MST and 1 heavy not enough to deal with these nasty trap...
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-05, 13:21

Phoenix Wright wrote:Name a trap, other than the solemn set, dustshoot, mirror for, or torrential (that's at most 6 traps) that is commonly used

Potus couldn't even name Mirror Force or TT. I will admit, Mirror Force isn't used in every deck, but the rest of thrm are.
Saturn
Saturn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2012-02-05, 15:10

Your Dead to me
Mirror force > Trapdust shoot XD

Hell
Sticky Tape > Trapdust shoot
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2012-02-05, 15:15

Twilight Sparkle wrote:Your Dead to me

Hell
No.
Just No.
Learn2YGO, cause Dustshoot is a freaking terror.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-05, 15:17

Hell

this

also compulse is awesome
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-05, 17:14

Hell

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format Joel_loool_by_rinzler_chan-d3tbejv
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-06, 12:10

Miror B. wrote:

Hell

Going on Google Images and then making your entire post just one picture doesn't make you funny or a good troll. Just thought you should know.
Saturn
Saturn

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-06, 15:19

Saturn wrote:
Miror B. wrote:

Hell

Going on Google Images and then making your entire post just one picture doesn't make you funny or a good troll. Just thought you should know.

Don't care, making a point.

Trap Dustshoot is considered a staple for a reason.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2012-02-06, 15:26

trapshoot is only good during your first turn if you go first nuff said

obtw potus its Laggia not Raggia :3
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-06, 16:20

Dustshoot is good anytime if your willing to wait
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-06, 17:49

Red_Chaos wrote:trapshoot is only good during your first turn if you go first nuff said

obtw potus its Laggia not Raggia :3

OCG name is Raggia.

Oh and Potus, write more of these articles that have such a tone in their text please, it's really fun to read!
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-06, 20:26

It was very fun to read. And to someone like myself who was gone from the game for 9 years there were a few things I didn't already know.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessahatake 2012-02-06, 20:41

First of all: Veiler is a boy. A BOY. >=(

Secondly. I <3 this thread. I'm thinking of using Macro, Skill Drain, Eatos deck for the March YCS. I'm working on how to make it a tad bit consistent. If I get the right cards (about 80% rate so far) Its insta win. Just need a bit more to make it tournament worthy. ^_^ First turn skill drain, macro, and some sort of protection cads is so niiice~ ^___________^
vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Birthday : 1993-02-18

http://shadowsailorv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CCStormgust 2012-02-06, 20:52

Phoenix Wright wrote:Name a trap, other than the solemn set, dustshoot, mirror for, or torrential (that's at most 6 traps) that is commonly used
fiendish chain, ninjutsu art, compulse, war chariot, call of the living dead, castle wall.
CCStormgust
CCStormgust

Birthday : 1990-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessahatake 2012-02-06, 20:54

CCStormgust wrote:
fiendish chain, ninjutsu art, compulse, war chariot, call of the living dead, castle wall.

Castle wall? LOL

I use compulses in most of my decks Smile Gets rid of certain annoying xyzs.... >.> like a certain rank 2 and rank 3 that done like to get destoyed....
vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Back to top Go down

Post  L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz 2012-02-06, 21:29

vanessahatake wrote:First of all: Veiler is a boy. A BOY. >=(

Secondly. I <3 this thread. I'm thinking of using Macro, Skill Drain, Eatos deck for the March YCS. I'm working on how to make it a tad bit consistent. If I get the right cards (about 80% rate so far) Its insta win. Just need a bit more to make it tournament worthy. ^_^ First turn skill drain, macro, and some sort of protection cads is so niiice~ ^___________^

It's going to lose to wind-ups/inzektors no matter what you put in it.
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-06, 21:45

L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

You underestimate the power of neko mane king

and @stormgust:

Ninjas are bad
GB's are bad
Hardly any decks main call
Hardly any decks main fiendish chain
Hardly any decks use compulse
Castle Wall??
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-06, 21:53

CCStormgust wrote:
Nope
1 deck
Meh
1 deck
Not as used
Lol

Solemns and Dustshoot are staples this format.
Then Torrential.
Then other stuff.

And even if Dustshoot is dead, it makes good MST bait.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz 2012-02-06, 22:45

Phoenix Wright wrote:
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

and @stormgust:

Ninjas are bad
GB's are bad
Castle Wall??

Neko is not that good, I don't even know if it is worth the side deck space. Also, Ninjas bad? I'd like to duel you with my Chaos Ninja deck to prove you wrong.
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-06, 23:15

L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Neko is not that good, I don't even know if it is worth the side deck space.

Let's see.

Neko Mane King is sent to the Grave by Hunter would-be loop. Opponent's turn automatically ends.

Neko is popped by Hornet. Opponent's turn ends.

It IS worth one space in the side deck, as it stops the loop for one turn. It doesn't matter how he ends up in the grave, as long as Neko is sent there thanks to your opponent (during his turn, of course).
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-06, 23:36

L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

Art though mad? Both Skill drain and macro are things no inzektor deck wants to run into.

More traps that get used. Safe zone, fiendish chain, chain disappearance, macro, star light, call of the haunted, bottomless, skill drain, tyrants temper,

Edit. someone already responded to fiendish chain as nope? really? I run into it constantly. adds another way to stop effect loops from going off when you're without a veiler.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-07, 00:29

L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

and @stormgust:

Ninjas are bad
GB's are bad
Castle Wall??

Neko is not that good, I don't even know if it is worth the side deck space. Also, Ninjas bad? I'd like to duel you with my Chaos Ninja deck to prove you wrong.

Beat The Broken: Tips To The Format Tumblr_l4db2uew9A1qcpt99o1_400

Clearly you have never dropped neko mane king from your hand during an opponent's wind-up loop, and laughed as you started your turn
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  vanessahatake 2012-02-08, 06:07

L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

Ive beat those decks during test plays.
vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-28, 16:09

vanessahatake wrote:
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:

Ive beat those decks during test plays.

It's not that hard to beat them. You just have to "build to the Meta" more now than in other formats.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-28, 16:18

huge bump bro...check dates when you post
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-28, 16:31

S.S.A. wrote:huge bump bro...check dates when you post

Oh crap... This was still like 2 or 3 threads down lol. Sorry, that's my bad. =P
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down