Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamble Deck

5 posters

Go down

Gamble Deck Empty Gamble Deck

Post  DyceMan 2012-02-12, 18:14

The way I see it, a good chunk of this game is luck based. so I thought to myself: why not make a gamble deck? You know, coin flips, dice rolls, that sort of thing.

Problem is, I don't know too many "gamble" based cards. Obviously I want to use Number 7: lucky stripe, but I don't know much beyond that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DyceMan
DyceMan

Birthday : 1993-06-22

Back to top Go down

Gamble Deck Empty Re: Gamble Deck

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-12, 20:32

To make life easier all you have to do is search the words "coin", "dice", and "die" in Deck Construction.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Holofoil 2012-02-13, 04:58

To get out Lucky Stripes, you'll need to find some way to get out three level sevens, and the only one that really has a gambling effect is Barrel Dragon, so you'll probably want to focus more on something else, or find some heavy support for him.

He'd work out pretty well in a Dragon Deck (as funny as that seems).

But... yeah, what GoodTimes said will probably save you a lot of time. I'll give you some cool coin-flip/dice roll cards, anyway.

Abare Ushioni
Time Wizard
Sasuke Samurai #4
Blowback Dragon
Barrel Dragon
Gatling Dragon
Sand Gambler (works like Time Wizard, only more risky)
Jirai Gumo (don't put him in if you'll be paying lots of LP or have awful defense)
Dice Jar (same as Jirai Gumo, it can severely backfire on you)
Snipe Hunter
Roulette Barrel
Second Coin Toss (PUT THIS IN ANY COIN DECK YOU MAKE)
Dice Re-Roll (not as powerful as Second Coin Toss, but still, add it)
Dicephoon (can backfire, and isn't really necessary, when you can use Space Typhoon)
Graceful Dice
Skull Dice

Not every single card has to be about rolling a die or flipping a coin, some support is definitely needed. Lucky Stripes is a very good card, though, it'll require getting out three level 7 cards, so add in Gorz, Chaos Hunter, Dark Armed Dragon (since most of these coin flip cards are Dark) or Fusilier Dragon.
Holofoil
Holofoil

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-13, 05:38

if u mean Dice then Archfiends (Chess themed one)
if u mean Coin then Arcana Forces

or u could make this Odd deck. Very Happy
Gamble Deck QQPCA
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MadnessLord 2012-02-13, 14:34

Both arcana force and archfiend can backfire but in diff ways. Arcana can make u lose a monster or benefit ur opp, while archfiends eat ur lp if u dont have the field spell.

The good thing about archfiends is that most of them have high atk and 2 of them are pretty good in my opinion:
-King: Negates effs like ryko, sangan, healthy 2000 atk and 33% of negation dice.
-Skull: Healthy 2500 atk, 1 tribute, 66% of negation. He can punish monarchs.

The reason why no-one runs then its because they lack consistency, they're slow, they can't recover very well in mid-late game, they have few ways of swarming/special summoning and the best cards (skull archfiend and king) are hard to summon.
If u run them, then try adding some external cards like dark resonator or stygian street patrol.
MadnessLord
MadnessLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down