Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase revamp

5 posters

Go down

Phase revamp Empty Phase revamp

Post  apc 2012-02-13, 00:49

Ok so I've noticed most of the players on DN don't use the phases. This is fine but most of the time but there are some times when it would be helpful to know which phase the player is in. It's completely understandable because there right now players aren't forced to use phases besides the battle phase.

However, there are some strategic uses for manipulating phases. For example, you might have formula synchron and T.G. hyper librarian on your opponent's turn, and you want to wait until he's done placing his cards before going into black rose dragon and destroying his cards.

The way the game works with phases is that both players must agree to the change in phases. So if one player wants to proceed to the battle phase, he must wait for the opponent to say "That is fine with me" or "No, I would like to use my effect veiler."

On DN, this doesn't happen often. Most players don't communicate or use the phases so it is very ambiguous about what the state of the game is.

Which is why I propose the following changes to the way phases work on DN.
1. Force players to use the phases. Take away the option to normal summon until the player is in main phase 1 (or opponent's battle phase for ultimate offering). Knowing what phase the game is in is a tremendous help that clears the ambiguity in the game.
2. Put an option where both players must agree to the phase change. If both players don't agree, the game remains in the current phase. (Might have to work this so that trolls don't abuse it)

apc

Back to top Go down

Phase revamp Empty Re: Phase revamp

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-13, 00:57

THIS is what Deto said about your suggestion

Last edited by RareHunter on 2012-02-14, 00:37; edited 1 time in total
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-13, 22:31

It's a solid idea in theory, but it'd also bog down the gameplay immensely. Everything is manual. If you actually have to wait for an opponent to physically click on something for YOU to continue, it'd take forever to do a move. Most of the time, specific phases are ignored because unless an action is actually required to be used then, it's just an "ease-of-play" thing, where you don't announce every little move you make.

What really should be done is more of a player-education thing. Rather than forcing it by recoding the entire system, players should be taught to know that they're supposed to do this on their own, so that disagreements happen less.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 19:48

no matter what u do on dueling network people will find ways to abuse it aswell...if u have to have ur opponent agree to ending a phase..then what tells u people wont start stalling and not accepting the phase ..ESP when they are about to lose..a good idea if everyone was mature..but..well you know.
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-02-17, 21:10

As this matter has already been covered your topic will now be locked.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down