Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Remember.

4 posters

Go down

I Remember. Empty I Remember.

Post  Alan Grimmstone 2012-02-27, 13:14

I remember. I remember when YGO was wo by who had the cards with the highest attack. The game wasn't very evolved then, but it intrigued us, so we got into the game. Then the game became more advanced. Effect monsters became the centerpiece, and the game became all about skill. Who could put together the best card combinations from the endless variety of cards? Who could make the combos, and find the connections that would revolutionize the game? This was the golden age of the TCG. Then it all went to hell. Named set decks told us what to buy, and how to build our decks. FTK decks and impossible-to-beat decks like the draw engine exodia decks. The game was no longer about seeing who was the best, most skilled duelist. It was about who had the money to fork over to buy the cards that killed the game. The advanced format was supposed to stop these "broken" decks and combos. But they are still out there. For every sore loser that got tired of losing and decided to invest in the cards and combos and named set decks that he was told to buy, there was a truly great duelist that had the skill to make his own deck piecemeal, and by hand. What happened? Perhaps you think I am just complaining. But this is my opinion.
Alan Grimmstone
Alan Grimmstone

Birthday : 1991-11-15

Back to top Go down

I Remember. Empty Re: I Remember.

Post  Halberdier 2012-02-27, 21:18

Your opinion is a complaint.
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-27, 21:45

>>Implying that exoidia is actually viable

every card game will make expensive powerful cards, or else the company wouldn't make money and would cancel the game
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2012-02-28, 22:23

I Remember. 246px-AxeofDespairMRL-NA-UR-UE

Oh my. I remember when our only choices were Metal Raiders and Legend of Blue-Eyes, and when Magic Ruler came out, Axe of Despair was the ULTIMATE equip card. I also remember when Mirror Force was so badass to have(I actually had one in my pocket one time and it went through the washer, sobsob)and it was only available as an ultra rare.

If that is the point we are making in this thread, then that is what I remember.
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down