Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members.

+72
ancientman7
marios50
geminiuser
aropruett
bakura normal
SouthPaw
Dudeboy20
Xb-Eazy
Phoenix Wright
Gorz
disciple
iTzFusioN
gkamal
Munchy Ham
snow
loveman2202
Slim
Arakido-Sama
Adept VantageSP
buntaga21
Fawkey
Hero
Ren Ozora
mario2202
hiei
raidou
MatoKuroi
AxelShadowz
KingGainer
Finni
GoldenSandslash15
Anzo
overd0se.KayKay
Quickie
ZNINJA5000
Aludra
Johnny Raptor
Vriska
IceClimberx17
ahong ndut
Zero2Hero
oreo101
Jesse
Shuro
MegaMaster
vem123
Chaos340
Lovelace
Metta World Peace
Lord_Michiru
Nate River
MonarchTheLegend
Kyosuke
Smokay
Badass_Bunny
Supreme_King
Broken_Soul
Goddess nX
Stardust Dragon
Seallux Ichigo
Rave
Dartz
Roxzen
G-Mac
Key
FistOfTheSky
nelynel12
Notorious Nt
Naturia
hj32853
Yami-Malik
DanceJonDanceCOPY
76 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members.

Post  Hero 2011-06-27, 06:38

1. Which position are you applying for? (More than one is allowed, but only one position will be given per person.)

Assistant

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? If so please specify with links or anything that can show us your work.

Not with websites, but a lot of experience with real world situations.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.

I am most productive when working alone but i am able to work with others effectively and with ease so long as communication isn't a problem. I work well with teams because i follow directions and fix things as i go along.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will never be disrespected.)

I handle Criticism very well, Though i feel a little eh... in the begging when being criticized, i usually use the criticism to improve on myself so that i may become better at the thing being criticized.

5. Are you active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our team?

I found out about the forum 2 Days ago, forums aren't my biggest thing but given the reason to become active, i can be very active (im usually on my laptop for 12+ hours a day doing other things and am willing to devote a lot of time into the forum during that time frame)

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work.

I messed around in photoshop at school.
No.

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time?

I am willing to take time out of my day to help this forum grow. I am willing to come to the forum whenever im on the laptop, and multi task.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? DN's forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.

English is my main language.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.

I actually describe good points, and can be very fair and just when it comes to situations. I also analyze many problems and break them down so that a simple and effective solution may be used to solve the problem. I am able to pump a lot of time and energy into the forum, more than most players, and will probably be more available then most of the staff members around here.

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
Hero
Hero

Birthday : 1995-02-02

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members.

Post  Fawkey 2011-06-27, 09:12

1. Which position are you applying for? Moderator/Assistant

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? No.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? My favourite sports are teams sports, because my potential is better shown in comparison to my teammates. I am a born playmaker on the field and i believe the analogy stands her as well.

4. Can you handle criticism well? Yes, I believe that's what perfects people

5. Are you active on this forum? I just signed up, but with summer coming up I will have a lot of time on my hands and it's a dead certainty I will log in everyday.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? No.

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time? Yes, twice a day with up to 5 hours.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? No. Albanian. I am very fluent in English, it is my second language. (just passed TOEFL)

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.
I have a lot of forum experience in the past and I am very aware of things work in these types of forum. I am a very patient man, willing to help people in need in anyway possible. I believe i have the right discipline to handle difficult matters, which makes me perfect for a forum with an ever-growing popularity.
Fawkey
Fawkey

Birthday : 1993-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  buntaga21 2011-06-27, 10:12

1. Which position are you applying for? (More than one is allowed, but only one position will be given per person.)
War Section Judge/Mod

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? If so please specify with links or anything that can show us your work.
Nope, had no experience so far.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.I prefer to work in teams, because this place is very populated and multi-tasking will be hard and may some errors, but in teams it's easier to solve problems.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will never be disrespected.) I can handle criticism very well, criticism helps a person improve and I'm am always glad to hear the opinions of others on my work

5. Are you active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our team?
I just made the account on this forum, and I haven't visited other forums for about 2 months since the final exams were coming and I had to study very hard, but now I have the whole summer free and I will be spending a lot of my time on front of my PC.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work.No experience with it.

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time?Since it is summer now I am usually in front of my PC for about 10-12 hours..(nolifer)

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? DN's forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.My first language is Serbian, but I speak English very well and have passed a bunch of ESOL exams that when you pass them you prove that you could find any job in a foreign land, so all in all I speak it well.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.I will spend most of my time, if not all, helping out other staff members. When it comes to judging I'll be objective and help solve problems between teams correctly. Also, I have CANDY!!!
buntaga21
buntaga21

Birthday : 1994-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-06-27, 10:20

1. Which position are you applying for?
(preferred) Administrator / Moderator

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites?

I have moderatorated several forums and am currently an admin at Yugioh GX forums. I was a member there and through the same type of topic jumped from member to admin.
http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/
http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=172

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone?

I can work well in both situations, I am very versatile.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain.

People are entitled to an opinion, that is life. People have different perspectives, and I respect that. Different perspectives can form better ideas, because it is not purely based on bias. If I am wrong I will admit it, and if I am right I will defend my point.

5. Are you active on this forum?

Yes, I am one of the top posters and plan to stay that way! I would also like to note that the posts I have made are good posts as well, not 1 sentence posts (the exception being some of the game topics and intros). If I can't provide something meaningful to post, I do not post it. In my book, things like "thats cool" just doesn't cut it for me. I like to provide actual meaningful contributions to a topic.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building?

I am currently going to college for Computer Science. I have taken many courses in Web Design. I know CSS and html and have good knowledge of photoshop and many other adobe products.

My GFX showcase:
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t1907-vantagesp-s-graphics#21531

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time?

As much time as it needs, I love helping small forums grow! I have spent a lot of time helping other forums in the past.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? DN's forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.

English is my first language.

I know how forums work, I know what spam is and I know how to handle it. I have been working with forums for a long time and know the protocols and unspoken rules. Also, I have a vast knowledge of computers. My knowledge of CSS and html may come in handy, as well as my knowledge of Networks (things like network protocols, cookies, ports, etc.). I am good with graphic design as well, I have been practicing all summer long. I really want this position, I am willing to waste my whole day to serve this forum. I know what topics should be where, and have mentioned it before. If I get the position I plan to aid this forum to the best of my abilities! Also, I am very familiar with the rules, I have actually read them.

I am very familiar with Jcinks admin panel. I am sure I could get used to this ones admin panel. I would also like to point out that I know a lot about yugioh and am very knowledgeable in the subject ( I have been playing since the start).

I am also a very nice person, I am kind and understanding. I go out of my way to welcome as many new members as I can, and help anybody who needs it. I would like the staff to consider my application seriously, as I am serious about this position, I am not just posting this for fun. I plan to do good for this forum, and make it the best it can be, whether it is removing spam or moving topics, helping others, or doing back ground maintenance stuff.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Arakido-Sama 2011-06-27, 16:49

Moderator/Admin

@ http://www.skulltag.com/forum forums as Kirbonium, 9 months of Global Mod work

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.

Team member, as one person can't sustain an army

I use criticism as a way to improve my work.

Not yet, but I'm glad I found a good dueling area, so I can be as active as possible.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work.

Not much, but I'm willing to learn

Yes, as much as possible

Yes.

I have experience in moderating for video game niche communities, and have more time on my hands than really needed.

Arakido-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-06-27, 17:29

1. Which position are you applying for? Administrator, Mod, Assistant

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? No websites, but I was an Admin/Moderator for a few Runescape Private Servers. These private servers had close to 100 unique IP addresses logging in a day.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not. If the team is willing to cooperate, I work very well with the team, but if they refuse to work together, I prefer to work alone.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. Yes. Considering I take criticism for many of my skills in life, I am quite used to taking criticism. It only helps me improve myself.

5. Are you active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our team? I try my best to be active. Normally I am lurking in threads, and answering questions when I can, I may not always be correct, though.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work. No graphic design or website building experience, but can learn quickly.

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time? I am willing. The amount of time dedicated to the growth would depend on my free time at home. I'll estimate around an hour or so. If I can, I will also speak to the people at my locals and get them to come to the DN website if they ever wish to play online.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? Yes. Very fluent English.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific. I believe recruiting me as a part of your staff would help me, and help others around me. This job would help me get a sense of responsibility and learn much about working with others online. My help and generosity for others will help make this forum a nicer, and hopefully better place.
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  loveman2202 2011-06-27, 18:36

1. Which position are you applying for? More than one is allowed, but only one position will be given per person( i wish to be a moderator)

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? If so please specify with links or anything that can show us your work.( no i do not)

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.( i am a peoples person and work well with communication)

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will [i]never be disrespected.)( yes i take it well)

5. Are you active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our team?(after i get this job i will see to it that i devote my entire life to this site)

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work.( no but i can learn pretty fast)

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time?( i would devote my life to this)

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? DN's forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.( yes english is my first language and i speak not fluent but very good spanish)

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.( well after seeing how fun this site is and how DN is, i would spend every minute of my spare time to help this site and help in anyway that i can. i am very organized and very good with working out problems with anything. so if you picked me you would not regret you choice)

loveman2202
loveman2202

Back to top Go down

Post  snow 2011-06-27, 18:55

1. Which position are you applying for?[/ Moderator and Admin and assistant

2.Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites?[/ At one point in time i was a moderator at animesparks.com but we got shut down do to some issues this was back in 2008 so i didnt have any screens
3.. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.
[/Yes, i work well with anyone on my team im a loving person in a way and i dont cause any drama with anyone on my team of collegues.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will

[/Yes i can handle a situation very well . I dont let anything get to me because i do know that people have there opinions so there going to say what they want to say everyone has diffrent views etc.And i love hearing what other people believe and think.

5.Are you active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our teamjob \)
[/Yes im active on the forum due to that im not in school so i will be on the forums 24/7 and if im not on the computer i check updats and things on my iphone

[/( At the momment no but i do have friends who can show me to do designing ive never build a website but im going to learn because im going to be majoring in computer grapics and designing)

7.. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum
grow? If so, how much time.

[/Anytime if i have to be on here for most of the day i will gladly do so.

8. Is English your first language?
If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English.

[/Yes English is my first language and i am fluent also if we do have members who can speak other languages i can help them because i do speak other languages such as spanish and tagalog

[/( For admin because since i am going to school for computer graphics and site building (devry university) i want to get hands on training and i can start here if i get the job this job will teach me how to prepare to build a site and other things so when i am ready to go to collage in the next 2 years or so i will have a head start on things. For moderator same thing to i love heping people as me being older i kind of already have a mind set of what im going to do meaning the situations i will be in. I think i can benifit in this because i am on here alot ive been watching yugioh since it came out so i can answer questions they have an i just love helping people who need it. Also, ive been a member in alot of forums for years so i know all the rules what to expect .For assistant i would love to help mods and admins when they need it i know how to assist so there for i would be a good assisant Thank you for taking time to read this let me know if you have any more questions i would love to answer them

sincerly-J_man26

Last edited by J_man26 on 2011-06-28, 16:17; edited 8 times in total
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Munchy Ham 2011-06-27, 19:13

1. Which position are you applying for? Administrator, Moderator, or Assistant.

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? I've been an in game moderator in the past. I most commonly help players with problems or eliminate spam. I no longer hold this position since the site was reset 3 years ago and I felt to reason to restart what I had worked on. Although I have no evidence to support this as this was quite a while back.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? I work much better with a team. I enjoy working with others were we are working toward a clear goal and I do my part to the best of my abilities.

4. Can you handle criticism well? I don't take any criticism personal and often take into account what other people say from their point of view and I try to use that to help perfect my overall performance.

With responsibilities comes a self motivation to do whatever I can to help the forum grow as a whole. I will do my best to remain active and keep the forum in its best interests.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? I know how to work with basic html code and I'm talented with Photoshop as well.

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? Yes, I donate much of my time to this site and I would be willing to spend much of my time into work that in the long term will help it grow for the better.

8. Is English your first language? Yes, my first language is English. I have also taken 2 courses in Spanish.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? I realize that there are other people who are also qualified for this position but I feel that my attitude, passion for excellence, and my experience makes me the best person for this position. I am ready put my best efforts into being someone that people rely on and gain responsibilities that may be presented to me in the long term. I know this position can be challenging and I will do my best to do it right. All I can offer is my best and nothing more.

Last edited by Munchy Ham on 2011-06-28, 01:36; edited 2 times in total
Munchy Ham
Munchy Ham

Back to top Go down

Post  gkamal 2011-06-27, 22:52

DanceJonDance wrote:
Admin/mod

DanceJonDance wrote:

Yes i'm admin in an academy called CDA made it go from 44 members to 73 in 3 weeks by my self and imporved a lot of things in it now it getting little inactive cause most of members are on vacation link:
http://chaosduelacademy.4umer.com/

and i'm admin to help a friend here: http://yugiohstars.forumotion.com/forum

owner in an new academy that i'm making with NDA owner: http://shadowrealmacademy.forumvalue.com/
(site under construction)

and i get asked to join academies most of they time is to
help get more members or to help with administration or moderation actions.so i have experience using the administration panel

DanceJonDance wrote:
Yes.I work with a team since i'm admin in several academies and that need team work but i can still work alone,i worked in a team and still does to make an academy(s) be successful cause more there is people more fast and better the work is done

DanceJonDance wrote:
4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will never be disrespected.)

i can because when people do that they can help you make the thing they criticized better and more successful

DanceJonDance wrote:

since i'm new here I try to log in every day but if i be admin/mod i will log in everyday for sure and make at least 8-12 posts because it would be my job to help this forum be even more active and in CDA i was the last one becoming admin and in a month or less i made almost 200 posts so i can easily make a lot of useful posts and be active
DanceJonDance wrote:

yes i'm good with website building and graphic designing but less in graphic designing yet i'm not a pro but tryin to be Very Happy if u want i can pm u some of my graphic works

DanceJonDance wrote:

Yes well i'm online at least 10-12 hours per day so ya i can help a lot

DanceJonDance wrote:

Yes i'm american

DanceJonDance wrote:

because i have a lot of free time and i can be online most of the time here if i be admin/mod and i know a lot of people so i can help this forum get even more members, i'm a good yugioh player and good in organizing and making events and tournaments.i got experience in website building so creating announcements in portal and making sections won't be a problem for me

Extra Comment: I prefer being admin because i like working hard Very Happy

Last edited by gkamal on 2011-06-28, 20:12; edited 9 times in total
gkamal
gkamal

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members. - Page 2 Empty Staff Application :: iTzFusioN (IGN: itzfusion)

Post  iTzFusioN 2011-06-27, 22:56

Staff Application :: iTzFusioN (IGN: itzfusion)

Administrator, Moderator, Assistant, [Programmer, if possible - i know java, php, sql, html5, css3, javascript, and basic ActionScript]

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites?
I am a website administrator (a site which supports tournaments) for specialforces.hostzi.com (an xbox clan mainly).
Also, I hold a forum moderation position at minecraftforum.net (name : "Piratebay" ).
Finally, I am a known wii/PC modder due to my programming skills.
I am the CEO of a business called Descent Designs - which specializes in Website Design and Game Programming (in Java primarily).
If it matters at all, I am also an Officer in my local JROTC unit. This indicates my work ethic and "never give up" attitude.

I can work either way. I hold a leadership position in JROTC which requires me to work as the team leader (delegating tasks as well as listening to others' opinions). I do, however, work perfectly fine and no less efficiently if i am working alone and without a team...

As long as i remain un-disrespected, I am fine. If my ideas are put aside as "ridiculous" - that is where I get irrational. If my ideas are put aside as "unnecessary" or "excessive" that is fine to me - provided this ruling came with a reason (so my idea can be tweaked for future presentation).

I am not currently the most active member, provided I have just found the forums recently. However, seeing as I am a forum moderator for several other places as well as the manager for a business and an officer in JROTC - you can count on me to be dedicated in whatever I do... including contributing to the team and assisting with the community.

Website Building ::
- teamfuze.netai.net
- nj20003.net63.net
- specialforces.hostzi.com (not all my work, although i did add a few modules).

Yes - approximately 2-4 hours per day can be strictly dedicated to moderation responsibilities on this forum alone. In addition, if I have extra time outside of this 2-4 hours, I will try to give even that time to moderation (provided I have no commitments for school work, etc. to fill)

I speak english primarily as well as fluent spanish (international dialect) and a bit of italian.

I am well qualified, a committed person, and a player of yu-gi-oh for over 8 years... so I know the rules, I know how to play, I am a good player. When it comes to qualifications, I know 7 programming languages fluently and 2 communications languages fluently (1 influently [italian]). I am willing to give the time to support the team in any way possible, which is not something many people can give - seeing as not many people have the time management skills like I have (I am able to balance a business, school, a part-time job, gaming, modding wii/PC, and my programming addiction/hobby -- all without becoming overloaded).

Adding me to your staff team will not be a decision you will regret in the future. I can be comtacted at itzfusionx@gmail.com if you have any questions at any time.

Last edited by iTzFusioN on 2011-06-28, 08:05; edited 1 time in total

iTzFusioN

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members. - Page 2 Empty Application

Post  disciple 2011-06-28, 06:18

Administrator or Moderator (The other two do not seem like much of a title to have.)

I was war council on a sister site called DuelistGroundz.com (commonly abbrieviated DGZ) To be appointed war council one must have reccomendation of a mod and must be very familiar with the game and rulings.

Yes i work well with a team. I feel as though team building activities such as war duels or other forms of organized team play enriches the whole experience of competitive dueling.

I must be honest here, sometimes I let the other man get the better of me when it's a matter of lack of maturity. I don't particularly care for internet "trolling" "flaming" or just foolery in general but as a member of an online community, you see much of it so it has become quite easy to deal with it.

Honestly I made this Duelingnetwork forums account just to apply for the following position(s). I have browsed the forum and it looks quite interesting in many aspects. I used to use the dueling network online games exceptionally but then i had curiosity to browse the forums. Now I am making serious consideration to investing 100% of my time that is spent towards my old online yugioh community to this forum. I would also like to mention that if I happen to receive any of the requested positions, a deal of responsibility will fall over me and I will obviously be very active on this site.

Unfortunately no. I am quite experienced with photoshop, and I have taken high school courses on website design but have no real formal education on the subject.

Yes, I enjoy investing time into a common goal. I am willing to do any reasonable task that is asked of me. I have quite a bit of leisure time but I also have many things that I must attend to in my real life.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English?

Yes, English is in fact my primarily spoken language. I understand a large portion of the Spanish language for I have taken four highschool courses on the subject.

I am a very experienced player in real life with a few credentials of placing top 8 in large tournaments such as regional, national, etc. I am willing to enforce the rules of the forum but also allow enough freedom for members of the forum to enjoy the site and allow the community to thrive. And lastly, I intend to not abuse the power given to me, which I must take a biased opinion in believing that is what many of the applicants are expecting to come out of the positions given to them.

Last edited by disciple on 2011-06-28, 06:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : looking for appealing colors)

disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorz 2011-06-28, 07:26

All

Admin/Mod/Assistant - I was Admin of my old guild forums from an old MMORPG I play called Mabinogi. The forum is dead now since the guild is disbanded since multiple guilds including ours merged and we made a new forum which I Mod.
Dead forum - http://synergist.freeforums.org/portal.php
New one is locked to any public for obvious no trolling reasons and isn't given out unless you are in the guild.
Judge - I'm an official Rank 2 Judge and judge for my Locals when I don't play.

Both - I can work with anyone, unless they get on my nerves. It's very hard to do that now since I went through a life changing moment a few years back with my father and it has made me want to be kinder to others seeing how this world isn't like that anymore. Also I have worked for 2 years at a Jersey Mikes with 19 total other people who I have learned to get along with just like I can with anyone here. I guess you can say that the only reason I can do both is because I have my ups and downs, but nobodies perfect.

Yes - Of course I can take criticism, that's what you need to learn when taking any job. If you can't then you aren't suited to work anywhere if it be on a forum or in real life. I love criticism to be honest. If we didn't have it then nobody would be able to learn to respect others opinions and find a correct compromise. So this is one thing I can say is an easy yes for me.

Yes - I currently get on everyday that I get on my computer to see what's new. I don't always post, I only have around 3 posts a day, but that can change if I need to help others which I do feel like doing with everyone on this forum. I check almost every forum area also so I do see about 80% of the posts and like to help with what I can either rulings or anything else to be exact. Like I said I can become more active if needed, just give the word.

Graphic Design - No, I have no way of doing anything like that. I can code only few things like personal programs and visual mods, but have never coded a game before.
Website Building - Like I said the Guild Forums I ran were set up by me and completely ran by me and one other person. Although it's dead and only a few people still have accounts on it only to play in the Arcade we had over 100 members and I needed to help with everything with no help and only one Mod. So yes to that, although I can't do everything like advanced coding for something like a forums background that works for everyone (Not needed to be bought) since I haven't done that on the old forum and never will. I can help with other things though.

Yes - I can give about as many hours a day as a normal job needs until school comes back into the question, but I only have one more year for that, so nothing to worry about there. Other then that I can say in exact numbers, about 4-6 hours a day any time, morning, noon or night.

Yes - English is my first as well as Japanese since I grew up with a Japanese Mother and an English Father. I can speak both completely fluently with no problems and I guess you can say my English accent is an Ohioan type one, that or even Floridian.

I find that my work ethnicity is far more qualified then others on the forums, not saying there aren't others who are more fit for the job, but right now I think that I qualify for the positions I can help out with. I have not looked at others applications yet, but I can say that I will read over all of them to see otherwise (probably not to rewrite this statement from what I'll see) and would be happy to be rejected of the position to anyone who is more suited to do the job. I guess that's the most generic answer for a question like that and it seems a bit dull, but the above statement are enough to completely make this application one of a kind and one to surely stand out. All I can say is that I want to wish the best of luck to everyone applying and no matter who you guys pick for the jobs you need filled I can say that it's a great choice and I'm with you 100% of the way.

Thank you for reading my application and taking time out of your day. Have a nice one.

Gorz
Gorz

Birthday : 1993-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-28, 09:11

Throwing my hat into the ring

Moderator/Assistant

No, but I frequent many forums including TCGplayer(Jabari_Out), Neoseeker, and others

I love working in groups, because then I can get an idea across, and have group members help in that idea, but I can also work alone if needed

I can definitely handle criticism well, I don't let other people get to me, and usually don't get into fight/flame wars on forums

Yes, just yesterday, I made over 50 posts on the forums

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work. no

Yes, During the summer, I am mostly free during the week (weekends can get a little hectic), after that I will be in my senior year of high school, and I should be able to pop in around 3-11pm EST

Yes

My enthusiasm for Yu-gi-oh, coupled with my near-constant presence on the forums makes me a clear candidate for this position. Also, I am a good team player, yet capable of making my own decision, I can take time to focus on a task until its done, instead of "giving up" I also think I have a feel for what the members of this forum want
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Xb-Eazy 2011-06-28, 13:35

-----Admin/Moderator

I have been a Head Ref and forum Mod on Mlg Gamebattles (gamebattles.com

-----I Have experience with the Vbulliten Control Panel And Im Also An Offical Yugioh Rc-1 Judge.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not. i work well with a team. when i was on Gamebattles, the the team of refs i worked with had the highest respect for each other.

-----When I was a gamebattle ref i had to make tough decisions about matches and I was called everything and anything. It did not make me upset or unfair.

Yes I Will Be active

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? If so, please provide us with some of your work. Just With the forum system.

-----I spend a lot of time on DN and the forum as well

----- I am Fluent in English

-----I am a very mature Individual and probably has the most experience out of the other applicants. I can be trusted. I never have any problems on the site and I love using the site. I would just like to give back to the DN Community and help it grow. I hope Dn one day has over 100,000 members and I would to help contribute to that

Thank You,
Malcolm

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
Xb-Eazy
Xb-Eazy
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1992-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudeboy20 2011-06-28, 17:02

Moderator/Aministrator

Hava had some IRL stuff like this. 1 Admin in a Team. All however, in a different dueling system. Also, a former Admin in a guild and overall game.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/
Also, I was an Admin in an Call of Duty game but we disbanded as a competitve clan and just play amongst ourselves.

I like working in groups because you get things you cant by yourself. Im creative and sometimes just need people to be able to know if Im going over the top. I mean, I agree with everything I say. Or I wouldnt say it?

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain

Not at all. I always want to know theres something to improve. Unless it is an aggressive way or meant disrespectfully/personally then no. As you mentioned this will not happen, in this case no.

Yes, I attempt to be on everyday. I try to post necessarily and help people. Not just in general discussions. If I get this position I will be even more active.

Yes.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/crazymusic.jpg/
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/chaoso.png/
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/bboyinactionn.jpg/
https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/2a7zf9c.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/29uobdl.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/playai.png/
https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/2ic7hhc.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi53.tinypic.com/6rly5f.jpg

I spend a some of my time on DN already. If I had more responsibility i think I would spend more time. Also, I spend like 12hours Friday almost and quarter day Saturday and check all the time. Obviously I would dedicate more time if the opportunity was to arise

My first language is English. I can speak Portuguese which goes into several world-wide speaking languages.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific

I enjoy playing YU-GI-OH and my time here so far has been great. I enjoy checking the site and generally posting. I should be chosen because, I can give a lot of dedication, maturity, activity as well as creativity. I have another language which many countries speak and can help a wide variety of people. I have also felt the wrath of being ignored. Its so anoying. Personally, I wouldnt think I would do that any time.
Dudeboy20
Dudeboy20

Birthday : 1997-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthPaw 2011-06-28, 18:37

Anything except the War Section Judge/Mod.

I'm good with rulings and following the mechanics of the game but I'm sure there are better people out there for this than me. I wouldn't want to volunteer for something if I wasn't 100% sure I would be good at it.

Yes. I am a moderator on my University and Church forums. (I'll provide links in PM if needed), although I think you need to be a student to access the school forum.

Both.

It depends on the situation and what work I'm doing. I am strong working by myself but I also enjoy working with others. Two minds are better than one in most situations (but not all) lol.

I can handle constructive criticism well. I mean, if someone is just being obnoxious I won't end up cutting myself over it but they will hear(read) about it.

Truthfully I didn't even know there was a forum for DN. Now that I know about the forums, I will be active. I'm on DN, dueling 24/7 though. It's a great place to test out deck ideas and try out new cards.

Yes to both but I have no examples. I was really big on this stuff years ago before I started my science degree so I don't really have anything to show for it as it was a long time ago. I could make something I guess. :/

Yes. Honestly, (insert suck-up moment) DN is amazing. The fact that we have such an amazing resource for dueling, coupled with the fact that it's free, will keep me using it regardless of whether or not I get any position. I would love to share some ideas and even just be part of the decision making process. I could dedicate as much time as needed to DN.

Yes, English is my first language.

I think I would be a good choice because I don't care about doing this for the -power- or -authority-. I am doing this because I really love DN. After using the dueling network for the first time, I remember PMing BLS and telling him this program was amazing. I've been using YVD since it first came out and the moment I learned about DN, I was ecstatic and just being part of the team would be amazing.

I also get along well with people and once I start something I put 110% of myself in it.

Another good thing about me is my flexibility. I'm on DN, dueling all of the time so it just makes sense to me that I might as well also help out if I can.

Anyway, thanks for reading the application and regardless of whether or not I get picked, I'll be with DN until the bitter end. ( lol )

Last edited by SouthPaw on 2011-06-28, 18:43; edited 3 times in total
SouthPaw
SouthPaw

Birthday : 1988-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  bakura normal 2011-06-28, 18:41

A: mod/assistant

A: Mod in Ada since 17 April 2010. but I am now admin.
http://lsacademy.forumotion.com/t1724-yuesi-s-office
Was a mod in other sites aswell and in frequently asked to join academies and 75% of the time take a staff position.

A: I don't actually mind working either way. If I find something chllangeing or somebody needs my help I will work with anybody. I also can work by myself pretty suffiently.

A: keep it coming , criticism isn't anything but a + really. I mean you get a look at what pepole want to see from you plus you can get better from in

A: Ive only really just joined a few weeks ago but trust me I'm gonna get active pretty quick once I finish so jobs.

A: https://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb381/bakura_normal/
Always looking for any way to get better but here my works.

A: Well let me consider school and .... Nah just school =P.
Well weekdays I will be on after 3:00pm to about 2-3 am depending how sleepy I am plus I do need to stay active on other forums.
Weekends is basically when ever I wake up which is round 10-11am to around 4 am mostly. (yea I dont sleep that much thanks to something .-.)

A: I was born in England and my full family is English or atleast in the uk.

A: I have alot of forum experience and alot of spare time. Im not easily botherd by ragers and I will spend most of my time trying to help members. I know what is considers as spam or inappropriate and I'm a good judge of punishments. Also I won't abuse anything or use my powers in anyway other than to help members of dn. I can also offer my gfx skills if you wish and will bring out requests fast as possible. I know what I'm doing and do not need to be reminded of any rules.
bakura normal
bakura normal

Back to top Go down

Post  aropruett 2011-06-28, 20:16

1. Which position are you applying for? mod or War Section Judges/Mods

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? Yes http://delivechat.chatango.com/

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? I can do ether

4. Can you handle criticism well? yes
somewhat like 5 day out of a week
6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? some on website and some on graphic design
7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? Yes like 3 hours
8. Is English your first language? yes English is

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? I will take the time to listen to what they say and make sure now one spams or dose any thing against the rules of the sit

aropruett

Birthday : 1995-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  geminiuser 2011-06-29, 13:39

I would like to apply for moderator or assistant
I have no former experience in this position but you have to start somewhere :p
I am good with a talented team or by myself not an untalented team though
I handle criticism very well if I may say so myself though if people doubt my dueling skills I teach them a lesson
No experience in graphic design as of right now
I am willing to dedicate alot of my time as much as around 3 hours a day more over the summer to the forums but less in the school year
English is my first language l33t is my second lol
Why should i be chosen:
I am dedicated and hardworking. I never give up on things that I start even if they seem impossible. I am always looking over forums for things that i feel the need to post about. Though I am new to these forums I have been on yugioh.tcgplayer.com for almost a year now and i am one of the more sensible members there. I am also always finding myself going on here to make a new deck as i find that i am constantly able to find and work on new strategies. I host near daily tournaments on here though they are all in the duel room.

geminiuser

Back to top Go down

Post  marios50 2011-06-29, 13:52

1. Which position are you applying for?:Admin,Mod or Assistant

2. Do you have any experience with the position you are applying for in other websites? Yes i have been Admin and Mod in many websites including clans and NGU.I have passed through all positions in a staff team.

3. Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? I get along very easily with other members so i dont mind working as a team.

4. Can you handle criticism well? Yes i cant.Being a Mod taught me many things.

5. Are you active on this forum? I might be new here but from the time i first used the dueling system i liked this site and i defenately want to contribute as much as i can.

6. Do you have any experience with graphic design, and website building? No

7. Are you willing to take time out of your day to help this forum grow? If so, how much time? : I am willing to contribute 20/7. I am not employed currently so i have all the time in the world

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? DN's forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help. : My english is indeed my first languafe and is fluent and i know fluent greek as well.

9. Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? As i said above im willing to contribute as much as i can to this forum even tho im new. All i need is a chance.

marios50

Back to top Go down

Post  ancientman7 2011-06-29, 23:49

1. Which position are you applying for? Administrator, Moderator or assistant

No, but I'm very interested in doing this. I played many different types of multiplayer game and I understand the rules of them all.

I would rather work as a team in this site because I am new to all those positions and I want become a good moderator by learning from experienced people.

I can deal with criticisms, but if I'm wrong with something, I will ask the staff or other positioned members

Occasionally, I usually look it up once a day to see an updates posted on there.

No, but I took computer science in high school. I'm not a very skilled programmer.

It depends on my school and work schedule. On average, I will try to get on 21 hrs per week. I am a college student, so I don't have as much time, but I'm very interested in the position.

8. Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English?
I am a US citizen, so yeah I am born in America and speak fluent English.

I want to be a helpful person and I would feel honored to gain one of those positions. It would be good experience for me as a second volunteer position of my life. I am 18 yrs old and I'm mature enough to handle it.

Last edited by ancientman7 on 2011-06-30, 00:02; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : add more info)
ancientman7
ancientman7
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1992-11-16

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Forums is hiring talented staff members. - Page 2 Empty applying

Post  agalito 2011-06-30, 03:04

Hey I'm Agalito and I would like to apply for a position. It doesn't matter which one cause i'm leaving that up to you.

Like I said I would take any position you think is best.

Yes I do have experience with working on other site, right now I'm redoing my pokemon battling site.
links will be
www.championsleague.forumotion.com which is still under construction

I work with with a team because thats how we have had a successful pokemon site, and are in the process or redoing it and reopening it from scratch. If it wasn't for my teammembers, we wouldn't be what we are now.

Yes I can handle criticism pretty well

Yes I am pretty active on this forum and the dueling network chat and duels.

yes i do like i site. the link to the site im currently working on is above but i will post it here as well.
Link: www.championsleague.forumotion.com

Yes I am willing, and I will make sure to take as much time as needed, if not more since I am here most of the day.

My first language is english and i can also speak spanish if that helps in any way.

Well like I said I have worked on websites and helped others build theres and also work well with other members/teamates. I really enjoy this site and i'm willing to help it out in whatever way I can.

agalito

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-30, 16:18

since im on the forums more than 10 hours a day, i might as well do something. my answers in orange

I am applying for the position of Moderator or Assistant

I was a moderator on a pokemon site, but it was already taken down (DMCA), Also the client support center on my job is forum-based, but you need to be a paying customer to access the forum... ill cut it from there i dont want to sound like a sales rep for our product lol

I mostly do things myself as i don't want to burden anyone with things i can do alone. But i can work with a team if necessary.

I respect critisms as long as it has enough basis. Otherwise I just ignore it.

Ridiculously active. Whenever I'm idle at work the default thing i do is go to this forum and click the 'View posts since last visit'

i don't have experience in website building, and I only keep my graphics on hard copy.

How ever much time is required. I think i got 3 hours of idle time a day.

My first language is Filipino, but I am very fluent in English as i have been working sideline as a technical support (im a .NET programmer originally) with clients mostly based in the US for about 3 years now.

Erm, i guess im one of the older persons here (dammit >.<). I spend a hell lot of hours in the forums, even more time than i spend on the game itself. I have sufficient knowledge of the game and card rulings (over 8 years of experience, but then again the game constantly changes...). Im always calm and composed at handling any situation (i need to be for my job), and have a natural tendency to help random people. And of course my love for the card game. kthxbai '')/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ookamigaru 2011-06-30, 16:40

Assistant

Last time I was a mod for any forum was years ago, but that's why I am asking to be an assistant and not a mod. Though helping other is easy, specially when you know the game.

I can work alone and with people. Depends on the task at hand. I know I might see a subject one way and another mod might see it another way. But thats why we work together.

4. Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The DN staff is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will [i]never be disrespected.)
Yep, words are words, you cant take them to heart, but just learn from them and grow.

I work full time and help take care of people. When I have time, which should be a couple hours a day, I will most likely be here. My days off, I will most likely be here, as I am now

Sorry, no I do not.

As much as I can possibly help.

Yes, it is my primary. I can speak a lil Spanish and Chinese though.

I am someone new who can bring alot of light to this site. I am fair and willing to hear both sides before making a decision. I am willing to talk it out and see if we can make it to an agreement before acting rash or harsh. I wont let you down.
ookamigaru
ookamigaru

Birthday : 1989-07-27

https://facebook.com/ookamigaru

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-01, 07:25

Applications are closed. Staff will be looking at them over the weekend and decisions will be made as soon as possible.

Those of you who have stood out and seem suitable will be notified and an announcement will be made once selections have been made.

Thankyou to all of you who have applied for a position. Your enthusiasm to help DuelingNetwork and its forums are very much appreciated. If you do not get a position do not feel discouraged. There may be opportunities for you in the future.

The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2