Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light Hero Beat=Anti-Meta deck?

+3
yugi awesome
nelynel12
Badass_Bunny
7 posters

Go down

Light Hero Beat=Anti-Meta deck? Empty Light Hero Beat=Anti-Meta deck?

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-18, 07:08

Ok I was in duel today and I didn't want any mirror matches or anti-meta matches

Guy comes in with Gale and Thunder King...I'm like ok maybe techs then he drops Fossil Dyna. "I'm like that is anti-meta deck" he claims it's Light Beatdown which is pretty much the same thing. Look it up on google maybe on Pojo where you even have a guide. His first point, he is friend with Angel Flores and he is using his deck which they don't consider Anti-Meta. He calls a mod. What does he do? He goes by logic that konami calls the deck Light Gemini Beatdown and therefore the deck can't be anti-meta. Even tho if you looked into that guy deck I'm sure you would find Tiger King Wanghu too. But NVM that.

So would you people consider Light Gemini Beatdown which got the name by 1/4 of a deck running heroes Anti-Meta?

I'm not a sore looser if I was wrong I was wrong.

Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Light Hero Beat=Anti-Meta deck? Empty Re: Light Hero Beat=Anti-Meta deck?

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-18, 08:21

It is anti-meta.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-18, 09:20

I know right? Yet people who aren't even that experienced with game end up being moderators.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-07-18, 09:40

It plays anti meta cards. Its that simple.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  yugi awesome 2011-07-22, 22:59

exacly its anti meta
yugi awesome
yugi awesome

Birthday : 1995-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelrick 2011-07-22, 23:11

Dyna=Anti-Meta
Heck, The card is as Anti as it gets.

EDIT:NVM didnt see the date. nevertheless you did ask this on the public chat too was it yesterday?

Last edited by Nelrick on 2011-07-22, 23:20; edited 1 time in total
Nelrick
Nelrick
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1996-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Gale 2011-07-22, 23:13

"Anti-meta" is and entirely subjective, inconsistent, and quite frankly, disgusting term when used to refer to a deck as a whole. You first have to define what is "meta". Then you have to find out does well specifically against that. If you find something that meets this criteria, you also have to make sure it performs poorly against anything that's not "meta", otherwise the term "anti-meta" falls flat on its face. It's "anti-everything" at that point. Having good match-ups does not make a deck "anti-meta" anymore than it makes a deck "meta".
Elliot Gale
Elliot Gale

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelrick 2011-07-22, 23:30

I disagree.
Anti-Meta is a common term and pretty obvious too that has been since the start.
Defining Meta in Generl YGO is quite easy and not like you show it, every person thinks that Meta varies which is partially true depending on the place but still there are such things as General Meta in this format Plant and Tengu variants.
Now 1st thing you think when you see those decks is : "Abusing special summons"
Now lets see that Dyna Clearly hinders the ability to Special Summon monsters and kills them too. Now idk but it is pretty obvious that the card is Anti Meta as it stops the Meta main methods of winning. When Meta becomes Normal summons anti meta will be anything that hinders normal summons. Anti-Meta obviously does well against Meta(not factoring extreme luck etc) which is to be expected i mean since when does Anti-Meta not perform well agaisnt Meta. BUT it doesnt mean it performs bad against non-meta as the name ONLY suggests that it is the opposite of Meta.
Nelrick
Nelrick
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1996-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-23, 11:42

Nope I didn't ask this Yesterday as far as I remember. I was just pissed back then cause I specifically said no Anti-Meta which means no Light-beat, Skill Drain, Macro Decks. Someone comes in with Thunder King and then Gale I assume it's Glads he drops Dyna on me. I tell him I don't want to duel anti-meta. He goes on calling admin. Who proceeds to take his side claiming his deck isn't anti-meta. I ask him "how come?"

His point? Konami Calls the deck Light-Gemini Beatdown...therefore his deck isn't anti-meta. + Yesterday a moderator asked can he chain Scrap Orthros effect from hand to opponents BTH. I mean who hired these two new mods anyway they seem to know very little about the game.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-23, 11:55

Badass_Bunny wrote:Ok I was in duel today and I didn't want any mirror matches or anti-meta matches

Guy comes in with Gale and Thunder King...I'm like ok maybe techs then he drops Fossil Dyna. "I'm like that is anti-meta deck" he claims it's Light Beatdown which is pretty much the same thing. Look it up on google maybe on Pojo where you even have a guide. His first point, he is friend with Angel Flores and he is using his deck which they don't consider Anti-Meta. He calls a mod. What does he do? He goes by logic that konami calls the deck Light Gemini Beatdown and therefore the deck can't be anti-meta. Even tho if you looked into that guy deck I'm sure you would find Tiger King Wanghu too. But NVM that.

So would you people consider Light Gemini Beatdown which got the name by 1/4 of a deck running heroes Anti-Meta?

I'm not a sore looser if I was wrong I was wrong.

Like any deck, it depends on what you run(even Samurai can be anti-meta), I would say since he is running Dyna, its anti-meta
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-07-23, 12:14

True that Pox

I'm just disappointed with the choice of people for moderators who can't reckognize Anti-Meta deck. With Fossil Dyna in front of their nose
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-23, 12:19

Your deck doesn't have to be all stun cards to be anti meta. It just has to oppose the meta. Cards like Rai-oh are good at that. As far as I am concerned, he was using anti-meta.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down