Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest

+62
RRyan18
S.S.A.
Shooting Quasar Dragon
leugh
((( YAMI )))
Damdog2010
keyboard
sobbies
darknghtmare
koldload2
thereap
Stardust Dragon
sythin
bluedaniel17
MadZombie
edwarduzimaki
Xiaogabe
CBass08
FlameLordD19
DuelistZero
LusterKnightofChaos
Sexy Candy Panda
lasercut
yugi awesome
Flames682
Kimo Force
{EX} TheVoid
Johnny Raptor
dragon3025
AxelShadowz
Nicholaz99
Seba27
[S]tarstrike
Stewartisme
Roxzen
sokmaster
zskillz
^_^LOL^_^
Goddess nX
TamACOPY
ShadowBlade
The DetonatorCOPY
SpawNyK'
TeamHersheyCookies
Pistacho
Ruf_Pup13
Red_Chaos
Cyber Gyzarus
Phoenix
Black Luster SoldierCOPY
P4RTYxP01S0N
Dracerdis
Saki Tsuruza
Kaito
Chaos340
daradun
Adept VantageSP
dredragon
Badass_Bunny
byak
Faotemaru
Miley Syrus +
66 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Network Sleeves Contest

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-18, 16:47

you know somebody could make a tutorial of how to make one of these card sleeves.

the tutorial section is kind of ....empty
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Network Sleeves Contest

Post  byak 2011-08-18, 16:51

There's no real tutorial unless you want all of the sleeves to have the exact same design :T
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 17:16

Faotemaru wrote:
Badass_Bunny wrote:Faotemaru that can be fixed(to some extent) by changing the layer opacity

That's... not the point.

Alright, let's try that then. I made the Red circle a tad translucent.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Evy92

And now I'll put it into the previewer.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 8JVzA

Although the logo and parts of the back does show up, the logo does not show up crisp and clear, nor does anything else in the background. The way some people are assuming when they make these backs is that the layer behind the front or second layers WILL show up crisp and clear no matter what.

As an other example, I took Party Poison's very awesome Dark Magician Sleeve and resized it to fit the previewer.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dmpreview

aaaand then into the previewer.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 G7JRJ

Although this design can particularly work, I highly doubt this is what was envisioned it would look like when inputted into DN.

I suppose that is a problem. Hmm. Do you think if i duplicate the layer 2 and 3, add the originals to layer one, and make the dulpicates transparent it would be better? I will edit it and post it, along with a DMG Card Sleeve Prepared the same way. Hopefully it fixes itself that way.
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-18, 17:34

I don't really like the bg on the Dark Magician sleeve, it's too bright. :\

and then the border is eh D:
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-18, 17:39

byak wrote:There's no real tutorial unless you want all of the sleeves to have the exact same design :T

then where is the templet for the box?
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 18:14

I didnt like the bg either, but i decided to go with it. And the border was just to see the edge of the card. It is too bright imo, but i still like it either way. updated DM tho.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Ygosleevedm3

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dmgsleeve3layers2

And my DMG.I went a simplier route with this one, cause i felt she didnt need anything complicated.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dmgsleeve

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dmg3layer
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  Saki Tsuruza 2011-08-18, 18:23

P4RTYxP01S0N wrote:I didnt like the bg either, but i decided to go with it. And the border was just to see the edge of the card. It is too bright imo, but i still like it either way. updated DM tho.

Could you perhaps post a version without the borders on the DMG sleeve? I think it'd look much better without them and right now it just looks unnecessary.
Saki Tsuruza
Saki Tsuruza

Birthday : 1991-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-18, 18:26

Faotemaru wrote:Oh, well, that changes things then. D:

That'd probably go very well for that Shooting Star Dragon card back too, then.

I tried...it's pain in the ass trying to cut the white parts from the non-white parts. However everything else I quite easy...
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-08-18, 18:36

Does the card back have to have a picture of a yugioh monster?

Because there can also be Alot of cool card backs without the monsters. Just asking.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Pistacho 2011-08-18, 18:43

Hello, I'm new, and yes, I'm here 'cause of the Sleeves Contest :B

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Magiciangirl

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Eheroocean

PD: Do i have to post the layers?
PD2: It need to be exactly 3 layers?

Last edited by Pistacho on 2011-08-18, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Pistacho
Pistacho

Birthday : 1992-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 19:01

Saki Tsuruza wrote:
P4RTYxP01S0N wrote:I didnt like the bg either, but i decided to go with it. And the border was just to see the edge of the card. It is too bright imo, but i still like it either way. updated DM tho.

Could you perhaps post a version without the borders on the DMG sleeve? I think it'd look much better without them and right now it just looks unnecessary.

I could go back and make it that way. I like the border tho. Made it better in my opinion, but who knows. I'll get to it eventually lol. Trying to think of who i want to do next, something better that i would be inspired to do a better job. Trying to GFX after 8 months is hard. x.x"

Maybe I'll go do a C4D back this time. They are alot easier and normally come out great.
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-08-18, 19:22

I like the dark magician girl one!
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-18, 19:27

I am liking all of the Duel Monster themed cards. I wouldn't mind seeing them all on DN. I may actually start playing rated.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-08-18, 19:39

Yeah, these monster sleeves are awesome, I'd also like to see some anime themed sleeves. Let's say like bleach, tiger and bunny, naruto. For example bleach,

We'd have this and theme the colors around it,

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Bleach_logo

Just a thought, kind of to give peole a variation towards different animes they like.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-18, 19:44

Miley Syrus + wrote:Yeah, these monster sleeves are awesome, I'd also like to see some anime themed sleeves. Let's say like bleach, tiger and bunny, naruto. For example bleach,

Just a thought, kind of to give peole a variation towards different animes they like.

What about video games? I think that would be pretty cool. I would be happy to make some.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamHersheyCookies 2011-08-18, 20:17

I'm currently working on a sleeve.

It would also be great if we could type in our own url to a picture on dueling network.

If you incorporate this to Dueling Network, Dueling Network should do this first to avoid errors:
-Dueling Network checks if the dimensions of the picture are good
-Dueling Network checks if the url provided ends with .png
-Dueling Network checks if the image hoster is an image hoster without a maximum amount of bandwidth per day.
TeamHersheyCookies
TeamHersheyCookies

https://www.youtube.com/teamhersheycookies

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Luster SoldierCOPY 2011-08-18, 20:23

TeamHersheyCookies wrote:I'm currently working on a sleeve.

It would also be great if we could type in our own url to a picture on dueling network.

If you incorporate this to Dueling Network, Dueling Network should do this first to avoid errors:
-Dueling Network checks if the image hoster is an image hoster without a maximum amount of bandwidth per day.

Flash applications embedded in the web browser cannot load images from any domain, as it presents a security issue. Images can only be loaded dynamically from the same domain. The only feasible workaround to this issue would be to use the DN server as a proxy, or find an image host configured with an appropriate cross-domain policy.

This is the reason why the preview tool I provided is a download. Applications running on your computer have a lot more flexibility than web applications.

- BLS
Black Luster SoldierCOPY
Black Luster SoldierCOPY

Birthday : 1989-08-22

http://www.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-18, 20:28

Miley Cyrus+ wrote:Yeah, these monster sleeves are awesome, I'd also like to see some anime themed sleeves. Let's say like bleach, tiger and bunny, naruto. For example bleach,

Badass_Bunny wrote:Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Halibelc

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Halibelsama

Granted I didn't do enough work on it(borders and little more adjusting to find the right opacity) but you see my point...some of those can actually work not every color will look great on it but most of them should

Bleach....I'm not that much of a GFX Man but I could come up with something. It's just a that making it into 3 Layers is hard.

Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 20:48

Miley Syrus + wrote:Yeah, these monster sleeves are awesome, I'd also like to see some anime themed sleeves. Let's say like bleach, tiger and bunny, naruto. For example bleach,

You just made this like... 20x easier on me. XD Now i can find better quality renders and stuff not related to yugioh. Now i just gotta find what i want to do for it.
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  SpawNyK' 2011-08-18, 21:42

Im Now In Photoshop Smile
I Hope You Like It Very Happy

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Trishulasleevesduelingn

SpawNyK'

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamHersheyCookies 2011-08-18, 21:59

Black Luster Soldier wrote:
TeamHersheyCookies wrote:I'm currently working on a sleeve.

Flash applications embedded in the web browser cannot load images from any domain, as it presents a security issue. Images can only be loaded dynamically from the same domain. The only feasible workaround to this issue would be to use the DN server as a proxy, or find an image host configured with an appropriate cross-domain policy.

This is the reason why the preview tool I provided is a download. Applications running on your computer have a lot more flexibility than web applications.

- BLS

What if the picture is uploaded directly to the Dueling Network servers? One image upload per I.P? I'm supposing that wouldn't be too smart though, since the server would be overwhelmed in no time.

The idea of Dueling Network acting as a proxy server seems to be the most doable.
TeamHersheyCookies
TeamHersheyCookies

https://www.youtube.com/teamhersheycookies

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 22:13

I gotta question about the card back .exe. I downloaded it but when i tried to use it to test and see if my card backs work decent when changing the colors, it dosent change the color. It works with the DN one, but not mine. Any idea why?
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-08-18, 22:24

If your image is not layered correctly it will not change colour. Make sure you have uploaded the correctly layered image into the program.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-18, 22:32

The Detonator wrote:If your image is not layered correctly it will not change colour. Make sure you have uploaded the correctly layered image into the program.

Oh... Joy. ._. Thats err... loads of fun then. I'll just make em and keep em 3 layers, and hopefully someone can fix it then.

That or leave em fixed colors. Im sure ppl wouldnt mind fixed color card backs. Gives more to choose from atleast.

Last edited by P4RTYxP01S0N on 2011-08-18, 22:38; edited 1 time in total
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowBlade 2011-08-18, 22:37

What Faunt do you guys use for the text of "Dueling Network"?
ShadowBlade
ShadowBlade

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Faotemaru 2011-08-18, 22:54

ShadowBlade wrote:What Faunt do you guys use for the text of "Dueling Network"?

It's not a font, the logo can be found at http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t1759p25-card-back-idea#20444 .

You may have to mess with it some so it doesn't look too pixelated when you resize it to the sleeve's size.
Faotemaru
Faotemaru

Birthday : 1991-07-13

http://something.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-18, 23:41

somebody should do an amazoness one and a angry birds one

just saying
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-19, 00:06

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Aqua_sleeve_1
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-19, 00:10

vantagesp wrote:Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Aqua_sleeve_1

idk van that one kind of scares me a little Laughing
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-19, 00:24

How so? I just realized how bad it looked in the editor. Let me fix it!

EDIT: NVM, scrap that it looks kind of meh. I though the colour change would shift hue, not do a full recolor...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-19, 00:48

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Cbip9

something

just pointing this out, reprogramming the sleeves to change hue instead of recoloring would essentially help everyone in the contest, as well as look good overall.
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-19, 00:51

byak wrote:Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Cbip9

something
Absolutely brilliant, 10/10. The background fits the DAD look and the glowing hand gives the illusion of movement. Great work once again Byak.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-19, 00:58

8D

idk what to work on next Sad

probably uhhhhhh BLS? I don't necessarily like either of the envoy's artwork, but I'll try stuff.
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-19, 01:38

byak wrote:Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Cbip9

something

just pointing this out, reprogramming the sleeves to change hue instead of recoloring would essentially help everyone in the contest, as well as look good overall.

Holy beans... that's awesome! But why no love for the DN logo? Imo, it'd look even better:

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dad310

Last edited by TamA on 2011-08-19, 01:47; edited 2 times in total
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-19, 01:39

Yeah, I like the logo on it. I makes it look better.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber Gyzarus 2011-08-19, 08:59

OMG - I have to do a Gundam 00 sleeve Very Happy
Cyber Gyzarus
Cyber Gyzarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-08-19, 09:20

byak wrote:idk how to do that though D:

also

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Q0uroDueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 UYySB

I need moar ideas.

Planning on DaD, maybe JD/Honest, Chaos Sorc, Crimson Dragon markings, and signer dragons if I really want to Mad

Dark magician girl plox?
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-08-19, 10:20

vantagesp wrote:How so? I just realized how bad it looked in the editor. Let me fix it!

EDIT: NVM, scrap that it looks kind of meh. I though the colour change would shift hue, not do a full recolor...

when i originally looked at it, it had the photobucket can not display it sign/ I love you
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  ^_^LOL^_^ 2011-08-19, 10:56

byak wrote:I'll get to work on it tomorrow, then.

Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
Chaos Sorcerer
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Dark Magician Girl
Dark Armed Dragon
Judgment Dragon
Honest
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Effect Veiler
Master Hyperion
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Mark of the Crimson Dragon (like the sleeves you see in Japan with the 5d's logo)
Yugi + Slifer the Sky Dragon
Yugi + Dark Magician
Kaiba + Obelisk the Tormentor
Kaiba + Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Kaiba + Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
Marik + The Winged Dragon of Ra
Jaden + Elemental Hero Neos
Yusei + Stardust Dragon

all are ideas :O

By having the 5ds logo, DN will have problems with Konami
^_^LOL^_^
^_^LOL^_^

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-19, 11:14

^_^LOL^_^ wrote:
byak wrote:I'll get to work on it tomorrow, then.

Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
Chaos Sorcerer
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Dark Magician Girl
Dark Armed Dragon
Judgment Dragon
Honest
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Effect Veiler
Master Hyperion
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Mark of the Crimson Dragon (like the sleeves you see in Japan with the 5d's logo)
Yugi + Slifer the Sky Dragon
Yugi + Dark Magician
Kaiba + Obelisk the Tormentor
Kaiba + Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Kaiba + Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
Marik + The Winged Dragon of Ra
Jaden + Elemental Hero Neos
Yusei + Stardust Dragon

all are ideas :O

By having the 5ds logo, DN will have problems with Konami

I didn't say I was going to include the logo, it would just look similar to that kind of sleeve.
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Empty zSkillz Entry for New DUELING NETWORK sleaves

Post  zskillz 2011-08-19, 11:21

Guys Very Happy here are my 2 entries Very Happy

(The watermark text at the bottom of the pics will NOT be there
i just added them in the preview)

Entry One:
(i went for a nice cool sixSamurai look with the 3D DuelingNetwork letters [made by me] and the dueling network text, i think this makes the image stand out more than if it was just the six sam's)
Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dnentr11

Entry Two:
(i went for a plain, but kinda detailed look with this one)
Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Dnpart10

- LIGHTER VERSIONS -

(requested by dredragon)

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Lighte11

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 Upgrad10

Last edited by zskillz on 2011-08-19, 14:32; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added LIGHTER pics)
zskillz
zskillz

Back to top Go down

Post  dredragon 2011-08-19, 11:28

They're kind of dark, don't you think?
dredragon
dredragon

Back to top Go down

Post  zskillz 2011-08-19, 11:42

dredragon wrote:They're kind of dark, don't you think?
yeah i suppose i can make them much lighter, the overlay of lines is the part that makes it dark, ill make an un-dark copy if you wish?
zskillz
zskillz

Back to top Go down

Post  dredragon 2011-08-19, 11:43

Yea, it's just that you almost can't see the letters.
dredragon
dredragon

Back to top Go down

Post  sokmaster 2011-08-19, 11:46

Haha, just wanted to get familiar with the layers and how the color swapping works. Pretty neat. Will look into some real ones now.

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 4cDY7
sokmaster
sokmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  P4RTYxP01S0N 2011-08-19, 12:33

lmao, i would so use the pokemon one, just sayin.

If they could change the program to do just hue, that would be 10x easier for all of us i think, but then it would probably mess up their already made one unless there was some way to fix it.

Now back to editing my Duke Devlin Sleeve.
Razz
P4RTYxP01S0N
P4RTYxP01S0N

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber Gyzarus 2011-08-19, 12:37

Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 83863690
Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 40542195

Opinions? I especially like the Nadleeh sleeve.
Cyber Gyzarus
Cyber Gyzarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-08-19, 12:54

Cyber Gyzarus wrote:Dueling Network Sleeves Contest - Page 2 83863690
I hated sam, but I never realized their Symbol is quite amazing. Shocked

But you should have a border or something imo.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-08-19, 13:23

The Samurai emblem is really good, but it needs a border. :O
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-08-19, 13:31

Ideas to work on:

Main Characters of yugioh: or other shows
Logo of shows
Yugioh Monsters/spells/traps
Dueling Network emblem with cool effects
Symbols on yugioh cards like the samurai one you used, there's other cool ones like the spellcaster one as well
And themes, for certain decks people play: Space, fire, ice, water, dark, light, ect or even attributes get something that resembles the attribute/type like for fairys get a HQ fairy image or fiends, do the same. Just some ideas, I like most of them.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next