Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff Update + Rumors & Facts

+6
{EX} TheVoid
Adept VantageSP
Phoenix Wright
Goddess nX
isaac
The DetonatorCOPY
10 posters

Go down

Staff Update + Rumors & Facts Empty Staff Update + Rumors & Facts

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-09-26, 12:15

Today we have had quite a few things happen, because of this it has been quite a busy, stressful and eventful day for not only everyone involved but for the entire Dueling Network community.

First off I will make you all aware of todays drop in Head Administrative staff. Pikachu and Chief have both stepped down and been demoted from their positions. Now it is currently Atomic Nightmare and myself as your two Head Administrators and will remain this way until further notice. Of course it is unfortunate to see both leave after providing their services to the community and their presence will indeed be missed by many. The effort put into Dueling Network by both Pikachu and Chief is beyond exceptional. Depending on what happens in the future and the decisions made by both, we may or may not see them return to their positions.

Many of you may also see that the resources page is once again down and out of action. This will once again be temporary. Some things are currently being reconstructed and will be available again when completed, currently no ETA on that but as you know the forum is capable of providing most of the functions the resources page already provided so keep using the forums for whatever need you have and will continue to have.

Rumors: and some facts
Most importantly I will need to get to the many rumors flying around. Honestly, unless you see an announcement like the one you are reading right now, anything said by the community is indeed a rumor and should be treated like one. Members and normal staff (unless they are a Head Administrator or Senior Administrator) are really in no position to have or be aware of "confirmed facts" about upcoming or currently happening tasks and processes related to Dueling Network. People who claim to have "confirmed facts" unless officially announced about how the Head Administrative staff are handling things should be looked at as nothing but "unconfirmed rumors".

One of these rumors of many that i just want to clear up because its been causing unnecessary stir is the one that Head Administrators (myself included) have demoted 70% of the Dueling Network staff over the recent week. Please guys have some sense. The only people that would be able to provide you these figures are the Head Administrative Staff. To say we have seriously cut close to three quarters of our staff is ridiculous. Indeed demotions have been happening of unfit and abusive staff, but 10% would be a better figure to use, those 10% have also been actively replaced as quickly as possible.

I want to keep this short and not rant on about rumors and what not so hopefully the above gives you all a fair idea of the message I already am trying to get across.

~Det

The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Staff Update + Rumors & Facts Empty Re: Staff Update + Rumors & Facts

Post  isaac 2011-09-26, 15:14

Wait wait wait...

So you mean to tell me Det WASN'T a head admin?
To be honest, i thought det was bls for a while lol.

Anyway, glad to hear a crackdown on mods has occured, but... I've never heard of this 70% lol
Kinda sad to know the rumors this community can believe...

Also, Tama's secondary resource pages has several problems. (dead photobucket links, and entire dead pages) Could this be fixed?
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t5715-dn-rulebook-punishments-table
isaac
isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-09-26, 15:40

Tama is using google cache which just shows text and whatnot, when the DN resources page is back up then it will function properly.
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-26, 15:45

It's to bad, cheif was a really good admin, and was always the first guy I turned to if I needed help with an opponent
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-09-26, 20:08

Wow I missed a lot today... interesting...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-26, 23:24

Sad day for staff when Chief stepped down. I cant say anything about Pika though.

As for the rumors, thank you for clearing up about the 75% stuff... its been spreading like wildfire.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  powwow 2011-09-28, 07:56

wow cheif .... i just can't beleive it...
powwow
powwow

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncertainty 2011-09-28, 15:24

Thanks for clearing this up Detonator. As for Pikachu, no comment. He's had his chance. But yes, we are currently working on replacing the staff with competent ones as quickly as possible.

As for the ban lists and such, that will be handled within the course of the next update, we have a lot of work to do to clean up the mess that certain people left behind.
Uncertainty
Uncertainty

Birthday : 1992-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  coolchemist2001 2011-09-28, 20:02

Chief was one of the most helpful staff on DN Sad , too bad he stepped down.
coolchemist2001
coolchemist2001

Back to top Go down

Post  byak 2011-09-28, 21:04

Guys, Chief will be back soon eventually. He just stepped down to divert all of the spam attacks from Robbie Kohl's fanboys away from Dueling Network as a whole Smile

it was for the best
byak
byak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down