Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusion gate vs Royal Opression

5 posters

Go down

Fusion gate vs Royal Opression Empty Fusion gate vs Royal Opression

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-06-08, 09:56

A situation that I bumped in a while ago.
I'm pretty sure I found the right answer but I like to have my rulings straight.

I play my fusion gate, no player response.
I declare I activate fusion gate, he activates royal oppression and pays 800 lp.

He says the materials still go removed from play and the fusion goes to the grave. And fusion gate stays on the field
On that moment I didn't care to get to the bottom of it so I let it be. (Another thing was that the send fusion vas elemental hero the shining, which would mean the materials would return to my hand but I didn’t care at the moment)

After a Google search the best answer I could find was this.
A fusion happens when the card resolves. This means on activation you don't target a fusion and don’t send materials for that fusion (not a cost). So you can’t negate a fusion when it’s already on the field.
So when fusion gate activates you can activate royal oppression which negates the possibility to fusion and destroys the card that attempted to fuse (fusion gate).

to conclude
player 1: activate fusion gate
player 2: activate oppression
oppression negates fusion gate and destroys it.
no materials or fusions get send to the grave or removed from play.

Do I have my story straight here?
(on a side note, I already know solemn warning/judgement can’t negate a fusion gate summon)
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Fusion gate vs Royal Opression Empty Re: Fusion gate vs Royal Opression

Post  hasheesha 2011-06-08, 10:06

Yup. Oppression would negate it, but no cards would be sent to the grave or RFP.

I don't get how sending anything to the grave is possible with fusion gate and oppression. If anything it would be RFP but since the fusion happens on resolution nothing gets removed.
hasheesha
hasheesha

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-06-08, 10:09

hasheesha wrote:Yup. Oppression would negate it, but no cards would be sent to the grave or RFP.

I don't get how sending anything to the grave is possible with fusion gate and oppression. If anything it would be RFP but since the fusion happens on resolution nothing gets removed.

I was revering to the supposed negated fusion that would be send to the grave
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-08, 10:12

your story is good.
as a side-note, to correct your incorrect term:
-wat royal oppresion negate is the effect of fusion gate.(not the possiblity to fusion summon)
-there was never once a card that able to negate a fusion summon, you either negate the EFFECT of a card that fusion summon or the ACTIVATION of polymerization-like card. because you cannot interrupt chain when it's starting to resolving until it's finish resolving which is where the fusion summon performed.

fusion summon doesn't have a cost.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-06-08, 10:34

Hyaweh★kawa wrote:your story is good.
as a side-note, to correct your incorrect term:
-wat royal oppresion negate is the effect of fusion gate.(not the possiblity to fusion summon)
-there was never once a card that able to negate a fusion summon, you either negate the EFFECT of a card that fusion summon or the ACTIVATION of polymerization-like card. because you cannot interrupt chain when it's starting to resolving until it's finish resolving which is where the fusion summon performed.

Thank you for making that clear. I gues that this is also the difference between royal oppression being able to negate fusion gate while solemns are not.
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-08, 23:19

Hyaweh★kawa wrote:

You mean, "Fusion Summon does not have a cost of sending / banishing the fusion materials"

Since Instant Fusion does have a cost and blah blah blah
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  aminr123 2011-06-09, 00:20

what about solemn warning vs fusion gate I heard you can't.

aminr123

Birthday : 1993-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-09, 00:31

Solemn Warning has to negate the initial activation of a Spell/Trap that special summons during resolution.

Since Fusion Gate does not special summon during resolution of initial activation, Solemn Warning cannot negate the activation of Fusion Gate.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down