Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priority vs Fiendish Chain

5 posters

Go down

Solved Priority vs Fiendish Chain

Post  mrtwallz 2012-01-15, 20:33

It is my opponents turn. Lets say that my opponent xyz summons Sacred Omega. I chain its summon with Fiendish Chain targeting Sacred Omega to negate its effect. My opponent decides to retain 'priority' to use its effect.

Priority being defined as:
Priority can be defined as "A player's 'right' to be able to activate his/her effect, ensuring its spot on Chain Link 1." Priority does not allow players to automatically activate and resolve effects without a chain; it simply assures a card's activation (not resolution), and guarantees a place on Chain Link 1. How the chain resolves is up to the players.

Since retaining priority only insures your effect is chain link 1, not guaranteeing resolution (making my Fiendish Chain chain link 2), the chain resolves in reverse. Meaning my Fiendish Chain would resolve first and negate its effect right? So he cant use Sacred Omega's effect, but he would still have to pay the cost right since he retained priority to activate it?

mrtwallz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Priority vs Fiendish Chain

Post  Lovelace 2012-01-15, 20:43

If he calls priority, he loses his xyz materials and Chain negates it's effect.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-01-15, 21:07

As you say, chains resolve backwards and your card will be chain link 2, so it will resolve before the monster effect and negate it. Detaching is also a cost that is paid upon activation before anything else and is non-refundable.

Note that you don't actually chain to the summon, you only respond to it. And technically, you should not activate any cards until your opponent either declares their effect or declares they are passing priority. It doesn't hurt to just ask them if they are activating their effect in response to the summon, and then declare you are chaining. Having this stuff in the chat log will help admins if one should get called to your duel.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2012-01-15, 22:06

mrtwallz wrote:It is my opponents turn. Lets say that my opponent xyz summons Sacred Omega. I chain its summon with Fiendish Chain targeting Sacred Omega to negate its effect. My opponent decides to retain 'priority' to use its effect.

Priority being defined as:
Priority can be defined as "A player's 'right' to be able to activate his/her effect, ensuring its spot on Chain Link 1." Priority does not allow players to automatically activate and resolve effects without a chain; it simply assures a card's activation (not resolution), and guarantees a place on Chain Link 1. How the chain resolves is up to the players.

Since retaining priority only insures your effect is chain link 1, not guaranteeing resolution (making my Fiendish Chain chain link 2), the chain resolves in reverse. Meaning my Fiendish Chain would resolve first and negate its effect right? So he cant use Sacred Omega's effect, but he would still have to pay the cost right since he retained priority to activate it?
1) Summoning is not a thing can be chained.

2) When you opponent summon a monster, you cannot immediately activate Fiend. You must wait untill he activate his effect and pay cost (or give up his priority), then you can activate Fiendish.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2012-01-15, 22:12

But seriously, who dumb enough to retain priority to use Sacred Omega's effect?
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down