Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solemn Warning

+6
CheyMcFly
Saturn
kangtuji
MrChillmatic
Miror B.
El Gramma
10 posters

Go down

Solemn Warning Empty Solemn Warning

Post  El Gramma 2012-02-01, 12:59

I seriously think that card may need an errata. People keep chaining it to any card effect without realizing said effect has to include a Special Summon, and I think the wording of the effect has something to do with it.

What do you think?
El Gramma
El Gramma

Birthday : 1992-12-01

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Lord_Grammaticus

Back to top Go down

Solemn Warning Empty Re: Solemn Warning

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-01, 13:12

El Gramma wrote:I seriously think that card may need an errata. People keep chaining it to any card effect without realizing said effect has to include a Special Summon, and I think the wording of the effect has something to do with it.

What do you think?
The wording is perfectly fine. Otherwise MST would have to get an errata saying it does not negate the activation of the card it destroyed.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-01, 13:14

El Gramma wrote:I seriously think that card may need an errata. People keep chaining it to any card effect without realizing said effect has to include a Special Summon, and I think the wording of the effect has something to do with it.

What do you think?

Nope.

People need to learn, that's the issue.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-01, 13:18

People need to stop netdecking, not skipping the deck building progress
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-01, 13:24

Whut??

What does it have to do with netdecking ?
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-01, 13:32

MrChillmatic wrote:Whut??

What does it have to do with netdecking ?

Kangtuji's logic:

Beating him = netdecker

Using good cards = netdecker

Being new to the game = netdecker

Not knowing a rulings = netdecker

Not accepting everything he says as an absolute truth/ being his bitch = netdecker

Using bad cards from >2006 = good player
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gramma 2012-02-01, 14:10

Miror B. wrote:The wording is perfectly fine. Otherwise MST would have to get an errata saying it does not negate the activation of the card it destroyed.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

It's just that this whole misplay thing regarding it is starting to bug me.

EDIT: Forgive the mistakes, I'm still getting used to this (I don't visit forums often).
El Gramma
El Gramma

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-01, 14:47

I guess you miss the thread netdecking = brainless and un-original
(Then again, netdecker always being a netdecker)
Solemn Warning Misc-true-story-s

Just give them / send them to this link :
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t4215-a-solemn-warning-and-some-others-negation-ruling-you-might-not-know

kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-02-01, 14:55

It does not need to be re-worded. I do not see anything wrong with the wording. It is plain and simple. If people cannot understand it, that is their fault, not the cards. It is a very simple concept.

edit: Kang not everything is cause of netdecking. some people do not read the effect correctly and I don't understand why you always think it is netdecking. SMH. Building your deck does not mean you understand the card. T_T. Anyways, just ask them to re-read the card or copy the part that proves it's not just any spell/trap/effect that they can negate

Last edited by CheyMcFly on 2012-02-01, 15:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NOT EVERYTHING IS BECAUSE OF NETDECKING)
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Birthday : 1993-09-02

http://cheymcfly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gramma 2012-02-01, 16:42

Yeah, I don't think Netdecking is the problem - in fact, I don't think it had anything to do with the misplays I encountered.
El Gramma
El Gramma

Back to top Go down

Post  Willmaster 2012-02-12, 20:37

kangtuji wrote:People need to stop netdecking, not skipping the deck building progress

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=2579

OT:
About noobs that misplay with Warning; Idiots are gonna idiot. People need to understand the cards they use before using them in duels, its common sense.

Last edited by Willmaster on 2012-02-12, 20:44; edited 1 time in total
Willmaster
Willmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-12, 20:40

Willmaster wrote:
kangtuji wrote:People need to stop netdecking, not skipping the deck building progress

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=2579

OT:
About noobs that misplay with Warning; Idiot are gonna idiot. People need to understand the cards they use before using them in duels, its common sense.

Except people think they do understand them because the rules are obscure sometimes.

I had a guy who thought a Feather of the Phonix activated Dark World Effects. And I don't blame him for thinking that, Broww was discarded due to a card, and Broww effect says when it's discarded by an effect. It's not their fault that costs were made and aren't very apparent sometimes.

Warning says it negates Special Summons. Monster Reborn Special Summoned a monster. It's not idiocy that makes people mess up some rules, it's the obscurity of some rules.

Now about warning negating everything, that is idiocy.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-12, 22:14

nothing wrong with this card to be errata, unless u can't read English or not knowing English or don't know Basic Rule Book (who the hell don't read Rule Book before duel?).
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-13, 00:07

RareHunter wrote:nothing wrong with this card to be errata, unless u can't read English or not knowing English or don't know Basic Rule Book (who the hell don't read Rule Book before duel?).
I am somebody who has read the rulebook and while I've seen a section about spell speeds, I have not seen a section about Solemn Warning or T-King.

Please point out this section.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombiehKing 2012-02-13, 19:40

*points at the guy I'm quoting* See this guy know where the problem lies. I agree with this. I so tired of see the same decks over at tourneys. I'm not hatin just wish to see something different every once and while combined with lil creativity.
ZombiehKing
ZombiehKing

Birthday : 1988-11-01

https://www.youtube.com/ZombiehKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-13, 19:54

ZombiehKing wrote:
*points at the guy I'm quoting* See this guy know where the problem lies. I agree with this. I so tired of see the same decks over at tourneys. I'm not hatin just wish to see something different every once and while combined with lil creativity.
Maybe you see the same decks because THEY'RE GOOD?

Netdecking has nothing to do with knowing rulings or not. Especially obscure ones.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-14, 03:07

ZombiehKing wrote:

It's obvious that people will play the same decks at tourneys since they are the most competitive ones and give you the best shot at winning.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  ZombiehKing 2012-02-14, 15:08

MrChillmatic wrote:
ZombiehKing wrote:

It's obvious that people will play the same decks at tourneys since they are the most competitive ones and give you the best shot at winning.
So just cause you want to win, basically means you have to forfeit the fight of creativity. Jeezy Creezy people what the heck happen to just having fun. Hell, you don't need to win to do that. Man I've made so many crazeh decks just cause I thought they would be fun to play. Not because everyone else is using it to win.
ZombiehKing
ZombiehKing

Birthday : 1988-11-01

https://www.youtube.com/ZombiehKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-14, 15:23

You go to a tournament, you aim to win. If you want to have fun, play with your friends.

Tournaments = competitive = meta decks
Friends = casual play = any deck you want
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-14, 15:24

What's creativity ? Is a duelist playing Ice Barrier (just an example) more creative than one playing DW ?

Players at tourneys want to win so they'll use decks that give them the best shot at the title even if it means seeing the same decks topping again and again.

Sure you get some surprising wins (think Spaceship a few years ago), but there are decks that are better equipped to win and are more consistent.

One can make a 'creative' deck and play for 'fun', but in a tourney where the goal is to WIN, people will pick what has the best chance at topping. And who say a guy playing Wind-Up/Inzektor isn't having fun playing ?
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyoko15 2012-02-14, 17:41

I run Dark Worlds myself, and a friend of mine runs Inzektors, Wind-Ups and Rabbit/Evolzar.

We both didn't netdeck, we used the wikia, remembered cards which where used against us in duels and in duels which we saw, and added cards ourselves.

Just because a type of deck is commonly played doesn't mean it is always netdecked.

About warning, I think it is fine as it is.
Lyoko15
Lyoko15

Birthday : 1996-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down