Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yubel and Solemn Warning

3 posters

Go down

Solved Yubel and Solemn Warning

Post  Noob 2012-02-12, 20:12

Yubel
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. Before damage calculation, when this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by your opponent's monster: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK. During your End Phase: Tribute 1 other monster or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: Its owner can Special Summon 1 "Yubel - Terror Incarnate" from their hand, Deck or Graveyard.
Solemn Warning
When a monster would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card or Effect Monster's effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 Life Points; negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card.
If Solemn Warning was used on Yubel, will Yubel's effect activate?

Example 1: I tribute summon Yubel. My opponent activates Solemn Warning in response. Does Yubel's effect still activate even though its summoning was negated?

Example 2: My Yubel is destroyed by a Dark Hole. My opponent activates Solemn Warning. Would Solemn Warning negate the summoning of Yubel - Terror Incarnate and destroy it, allowing me to summon Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare? Would Solemn Warning negate the summoning of Yubel - Terror Incarnate, destroy Yubel again, and allow me to summon Yubel - Terror Incarnate anyway? Would I be not able to summon any of Yubel's forms? What would happen?

Example 3: My opponent destroys my Mystic Tomato by battle, and I then use its effect to special summon a Yubel from my deck. My opponent activates Solemn Warning. Would Solemn Warning negate Mystic Tomato's effect, negating Yubel's summoning? Would Yubel be destroyed still, allowing me to summon Yubel - Terror Incarnate? What would happen?

Noob

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Yubel and Solemn Warning

Post  Joenen 2012-02-12, 20:16

1: Scrap Dragon says yes.

2: No, Solemn warning must negate the effect of the original Yubel. You may never negate the summon of a monster when the monster is summoned by a card effect. You must negate the card effect that summons or else respond to the successful summon with bottomless/torrent (no solemns allowed at this point)

3: See above, you must negate tomato's effect, you may not negate the summon of a monster summoned by tomato.

Note: If yubel is in the graveyard and her effect to special summoned is solemn warning'd, it is not "destroyed" in the graveyard, so she won't activate again.

Kinda obvious, but might as well clarify.
Joenen
Joenen

Birthday : 1992-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-12, 20:36

1. Yes "When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect: Its owner can Special Summon 1 "Yubel - Terror Incarnate" from their hand, Deck or Graveyard." its doesn't care where it destroyed, even it destroyed in RFG / Banished zone it will still summon

2. What poster previous/above me said

3. Same as abouve, you cann't negate summon caused by other card effect, You need to negate the spell/trap or monster causes the summon, not the resolution summon

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t4215-a-solemn-warning-and-some-others-negation-ruling-you-might-not-know
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down