Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters

+2
Chiaki
Martilo
6 posters

Go down

Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters Empty Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters

Post  Martilo 2011-07-15, 07:31

Clear World's effect if a player control a water or fire monster happens during the end phase.

So I wonder, what if that water/fire monster is a spirit monster? Does the effect of clear world happen first or will the spirit monster return to the hand first?
Martilo
Martilo

Birthday : 1991-03-21

Back to top Go down

Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters Empty Re: Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-15, 08:43

This depends on who is controlling what.

Effects Chain and Resolve like this:

Link 1: Turn Player's Mandatory Effects
Link 2: Opponent's Mandatory Effects
Link 3: Turn Player's Optional Effects
Link 4: Opponent's Optional Effects

If the Player controls two things that happen at the same time, they get to choose which resolves first.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters Empty Re: Clear world's effect on water and fire monsters

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-15, 09:33

applying what Chiaki said:

You control a Spirit Monster, ex. Fushi no Tori while Clear World is face-up on the field. During the End Phase, Fushi No Tori and Clear World's (FIRE) effects activate and go on a chain. You gets to choose which effect you would like to place on chain link 1 and 2, but it doesnt really matter because:

Chain Link 1: Fushi no Tori
Chain Link 2: Clear World

chain resolves Fushi no Tori returns to your hand, you take 1000 damage from clear world

Chain Link 1: Clear World
Chain Link 2: Fushi no Tori

chain resolves you take 1000 damage from clear world, Fushi no Tori returns to your hand

in short Clear World only needs the face-up WATER or FIRE Monster during activation (of its corresponding effect) not on resolution.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  TKGriffiths 2011-07-15, 11:06

I don't think they go on a chain, 'during the end phase' you can have more than one chain.

They only go on a chain when they're trigger effects with a specific window, Dark Hole on 2 Sangans for example.
TKGriffiths
TKGriffiths

Birthday : 1993-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-15, 11:09

TKGriffiths wrote:I don't think they go on a chain, 'during the end phase' you can have more than one chain.

They only go on a chain when they're trigger effects with a specific window, Dark Hole on 2 Sangans for example.

The Spirit Monsters' effect that returns them to the hand, and Clear World's FIRE/WATER effects are both trigger effects that activate on the same window "During the End Phase". They activate simultaneously the moment you enter the End Phase.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-15, 18:49

Ehhh, no.
They do not go on a chain, much like Lightsworn monsters.

The turn-player has priority to decide whether to return Spirit monsters to the hand or pass priority to opponent.

If the Turn-player passes priority to opponent, opponent can decide to pass priority back to the turn-player or apply the effect of Clear World
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-15, 19:03

Key wrote:The turn-player has priority to decide whether to return Spirit monsters to the hand or pass priority to opponent.

If the Turn-player passes priority to opponent, opponent can decide to pass priority back to the turn-player or apply the effect of Clear World

My bad, ignore everything i said. Tested on PSP effects of two Spirit Monsters don't go on chain.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Martilo 2011-07-20, 13:50

So let's see if I got it right. So if I control both clear world and a Fushi no Tori, I can select if I want to return my Fushi to my hand before I take 1000 damage? (because both effects are mine and they are mandatory)
Martilo
Martilo

Birthday : 1991-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-07-20, 15:04

Correct.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down