Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Am I always Losing?

+15
thmaninblack
LegendaryFrost
{EX} TheVoid
Mewtwo
TKGriffiths
CaiusTSR
Shokwav
Yami-Malik
koroyami
3E-hero neos
KaousFaustXIII
Goddess nX
Roxzen
The DetonatorCOPY
Barlas
19 posters

Go down

Why Am I always Losing? Empty Why Am I always Losing?

Post  Barlas 2011-07-21, 08:08

This is annoying. I'm glad I'm not going into rated.

I know how to play, and I have a few pretty good decks I use regularly (Malefic Skill Drain, Uria Deck, Gravekeepers w/ god cards and wicked gods)

Now, what I'm annoyed with that I think is making me lose...is that everyone uses some sort of swarm. The hell? Its kind of hard to play when everyone and their mother has Tengu and Dandylion.

Is there any other way to help with this? In general it's annoying. I used to be awesome at this game when it came out, where Blu-eyes was the best ever. Now that I'm back through this website, I'm terrible due to new rulings (I've looked those up. This is NOT a children's card game anymore. Holy balls.) giving so much leeway.

Also, what's annoying as all hell, is that everyone uses staple cards. I really hate when people use cards everyone uses. No originality. That why I don't use those swarm the field type cards everyone uses, or combos everyone uses. The very limit for myself is gravekeepers, and that's only for the theme for the god cards.

/end rant

Barlas

Back to top Go down

Why Am I always Losing? Empty Re: Why Am I always Losing?

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-21, 08:12

You are permitted to use Duel Notes.
Just forbid Decks containing Reborn Tengu or Dandylion in your Duel.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Barlas 2011-07-21, 08:16

I've tried...no one ever listens to that.

Barlas

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-21, 08:19

Well thats just unfortunate Sad

Sadly there is nothing else that can be done. If you dont like what your opponent is using and you are in unrated you could always leave Razz Dont worry I feel your pain. Rated is pretty much the same thing. Six Sams everywhere you look. Although the Six Sam fad is starting to die down now.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-21, 08:27

The Detonator wrote:Well thats just unfortunate Sad

Sadly there is nothing else that can be done. If you dont like what your opponent is using and you are in unrated you could always leave Razz Dont worry I feel your pain. Rated is pretty much the same thing. Six Sams everywhere you look. Although the Six Sam fad is starting to die down now.
It's T.G. Anti-Meta now. It's crazy! 0_0

Barlas : You can try challenging people that you know, or members of this site.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-21, 08:31

T.G.. hmm i wonder why. People see a Deck top something and suddenly its been netdecked by hundreds of players. Infact today I played a t.g deck. (Obviously completely netdecked) the duelist did not even know how to use it .-.

I had a Elemental Hero Alius on the field and he had T.G Striker. I attacked. He activated TG1-EM1 and claimed that my monster attack STILL goes through and striker is still destroyed, but he takes my alius... If you are going to netdeck at least read up on how the Deck works -___-

/end rant Razz
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-21, 08:31

Dont really understand how you're always using if you use GK's lol Smile
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Barlas 2011-07-21, 08:42

I don't use top tier decks...I enjoy looking up a deck type after seeing a card in the constructor. Then I find a deck online, read up about it, etc.

I hate people using Brionac too. Screw that. And I can't use Skill-drain in my non malefic decks or they don't work. ;.;

Barlas

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-21, 08:50

Gravekeepers are still top tier O_O
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Barlas 2011-07-21, 08:58

I use gravekeepers as fuel for god cards. I don't use them for their intended purpose.

Barlas

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-07-21, 09:41

I like T.G.s better when they haven't won any tourneys... now people are just accusing me of netdecking my TG deck i've been running since May >.>

OT: it's definitely hard for you to accept especially if you just came back from the game since the blue-eyes days. Just give it time to sink in. Soon it will be easier to deal with them once you know how to.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-21, 09:44

KaousFaustXIII wrote:I like T.G.s better when they haven't won any tourneys... now people are just accusing me of netdecking my TG deck i've been running since May >.>
I feel your pain, man, I feel your pain. *pats back*

Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-07-21, 10:02

Bro, just try using the staples, it's a few cards that help a lot.
And if you want to be original, netdeck my decks, I win and I have weird ideas(Air Neos OTK for example, which wins most of the games).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  koroyami 2011-07-21, 11:52

choose one deck that you find it good and practice it until you get used to it very well .. your eyes will open for new tactics
koroyami
koroyami

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-21, 15:30

Type on the duel note: NO META. And if u dont wanna play against synchros, which all the top tier decks contain, then post NO SYNCHROS, then just hope for ppl to respect that.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shokwav 2011-07-23, 00:15

Yami-Malik wrote:Type on the duel note: NO META. And if u dont wanna play against synchros, which all the top tier decks contain, then post NO SYNCHROS, then just hope for ppl to respect that.

Gravekeeper's Descendant would like to have a word with you. In the back.
Shokwav
Shokwav

Birthday : 1995-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-23, 00:47

Shokwav wrote:
Yami-Malik wrote:Type on the duel note: NO META. And if u dont wanna play against synchros, which all the top tier decks contain, then post NO SYNCHROS, then just hope for ppl to respect that.

NEVUURR!!! Penguin Soldier
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-23, 01:00

Nothing can be done about that bro. The meta is always changing and right now it's Tengu/Hype. If you wanna win play Sams. 8/10 wins guaranteed. People either rage at you and quit or you kill them in 3 turns.

Gotta use what works man. If you find combos that have never been done before go for it. If it works you'll start a new thing. If not it's back to the drawing board.

If you want to win just play a tier 2 deck of go anti-meta. Find something that works for you and run with it.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  TKGriffiths 2011-07-23, 21:18

I get the feeling that your 'good decks' aren't very good at all. That's probably why you're always losing. Feel free to put restrictions on what your opponent can use but please realize that most people know how to build good decks that won't conform to your rules.
TKGriffiths
TKGriffiths

Birthday : 1993-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-07-23, 22:02

Barlas wrote:This is annoying. I'm glad I'm not going into rated.

I know how to play, and I have a few pretty good decks I use regularly (Malefic Skill Drain, Uria Deck, Gravekeepers w/ god cards and wicked gods)

Now, what I'm annoyed with that I think is making me lose...is that everyone uses some sort of swarm. The hell? Its kind of hard to play when everyone and their mother has Tengu and Dandylion.

Is there any other way to help with this? In general it's annoying. I used to be awesome at this game when it came out, where Blu-eyes was the best ever. Now that I'm back through this website, I'm terrible due to new rulings (I've looked those up. This is NOT a children's card game anymore. Holy balls.) giving so much leeway.

Also, what's annoying as all hell, is that everyone uses staple cards. I really hate when people use cards everyone uses. No originality. That why I don't use those swarm the field type cards everyone uses, or combos everyone uses. The very limit for myself is gravekeepers, and that's only for the theme for the god cards.

/end rant

I hate to be blunt, but you lose because you run jank, and refuse to learn how to cope with the nature of the game. This game isn't about originality, it's about winning. If you don't understand that, you should quit.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-07-23, 22:06

Yami-Malik wrote:
Shokwav wrote:

NEVUURR!!! Penguin Soldier

Stardust says hi Smile
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-23, 23:07

I really hate to say it but this topic is kind of dumb. If your losing to cards everyone plays... well maybe there is a reason everyone plays it. "Everyone plays Dark Hole but I wont because its everywhere." lolwut? This game has gotten highly competitive and if you can't change and grow with the times you're only going to get frustrated and make these pointless rants. I hate to say it but instead of crying about it why don't you look at what you are losing to and see if maybe there are some ways you can improve. There are several duels on youtube you can use to see what is played at top tiers. Unfortunately "being different" isn't going to get you wins.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendaryFrost 2011-07-23, 23:22

3E-hero neos wrote:And if you want to be original, netdeck my decks
Now if he did that would his deck be original? O.o As for losing all the time, you shud prolly try looking at the new cards and seeing how they work rather than complain about. "The time of BEWD". As far as the T.G. thing is concerned, it's not only for T.G. there are many decks that top and as soon as they do, WHAM, you get to see haters who think every deck that uses tengu and the 4 plants(lonefire,dandy,bulb,spore) is netdecked D:. Haters gonna hate.
LegendaryFrost
LegendaryFrost

Birthday : 1994-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-07-26, 06:14

I came into this thread expecting a person that wanted to improve his/her decks and needed help.

Instead I get a nostalgia scented rant complaining that the game is actually competitive. Deceptive title is deceptive.

*hops off*
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-08-09, 10:38

I used to have an issue with losing a lot when I first joined DN. I thought I was the best and couldn't be beaten. BOY was I wrong. I grew and learned what was wronging with my decks. They were too random. Too many high-level monsters. And WAY too many cards. (I added as many as I could [60])
Here is my usual deck-building process:
-Hybrid: Find 1 level 7 or higher monster of each type/attribute you're mixing. (And add it of course) Then add up to 2 level 5 or 6 monsters of each type/attribute you're mixing. Adding synchros? I suggest between 4 and 6. Add level 4 or lower monsters to make between 22 and 25 monsters. Find 15-18 useful cards (assuming you used the amount above) And of course, staples. Don't hate on those. They're only used a lot because they're VERY useful.

-Archetype based deck: First, read up on that archetype and find what their main strategy is. (Example: Lavals rely on each other being in the grave and milling. [At least that's how I built mine] But not HEAVY milling.)
THINK out your game plan or what you'd really find useful in the deck. Add cards of the archetype to the deck, up to 25 monsters. Then look for S/T that help out that archetype. For example, Rekindling helps greatly with Flamvells. Again, make room for staples. Don't worry if you go over 40. As long as it's not way overboard, you'll be fine. Over time, you'll learn of new, useful cards and what isn't entirely necessary that you can do without. Get ready to duel.

DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  628426 2011-08-09, 23:55

Mewtwo wrote:

/end rant

I hate to be blunt, but you lose because you run jank, and refuse to learn how to cope with the nature of the game. This game isn't about originality, it's about winning. If you don't understand that, you should quit.

It is about originality as well Mewtwo, If everyone was using Tengu, Dandylion, Sam decks etc. Then this game would get old fast. I use my original decks that I have made from r/l decks or by going through certain types on the deck creator. I'm not saying that you don't have a right to say what you did, but you don't have the right to shut him down because he has his own way of playing. If he likes playing the style that he's comfortable with, I support, I would actually play a game with him with my first deck if I could.

I apologies if anything went out of context, but this is how I feel.

Birthday : 1995-10-14

http://624826.page.tl/

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-08-10, 02:05

You can be original.
You can be competitive.
But it is extremely difficult to be both.

What you CAN'T do is complain about the third fact and expect me to sympathize with you. You're crying over spilled milk. This has been the nature of YGO for quite some time.

Now please, everyone, let this thread die. Everyone cried over sams, gk, and agents, and now that xyz's are on DN everyone will cry about ultimate offering gadgets making 3 utopias, 1 roach,and a vylon disigma in one turn. The game evolves and changes, and you better too or risk getting left behind.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-10, 02:10

/end rant

Good Decks=Lot of people run them
Refusing to build good competitive decks=you loose

it's simple as that refusing to accept changes and evolve means your level of gameplay just won't be the same as other people
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-08-10, 02:15

thmaninblack wrote:You can be original.
You can be competitive.
But it is extremely difficult to be both
Well said. +1 internet for you, good sir.

I say lets keep the thread alive. I know that one day people will be intelligent enough to use the search button and come across this thread, rather than to make countless "OMFGH@XRAGE!" thread, and waste the wisdom spent for this one.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  YukiAkuma 2011-09-14, 01:04

I've noticed very few people playing Fortune Ladies, maybe you should give a whack at them. They are very good, and not a lot of people even know about them, let alone play them because they are too busy using Flavor of the Month.
YukiAkuma
YukiAkuma

Back to top Go down

Post  628426 2011-09-14, 01:36

Fortune Lady's a really cool, I've made a deck which makes them a high priority, the only problem is getting out the higher level ones.

Birthday : 1995-10-14

http://624826.page.tl/

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-09-17, 14:03

Oh, yes. My friend, angelacat's stubbornness reminded me of another cause of losses. It's the lack of ability to adapt to a duel situation. If you can't/refuse to adapt, you won't win.

Several times I've dueled this friend and when the duel was over, I looked at her hand, field and next draw to see any possible moves. Then I'm infuriated to see there were some good moves she could have made to prolong the duel and even turn it around, but NO! She didn't want to do that. She couldn't make the move she had planned and wouldn't change course.

That's another key. Be able to adapt to a situation. And you just might get an Why Am I always Losing? 2849847436
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down