Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher

5 posters

Go down

You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher Empty You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher

Post  Sleezy 2011-07-24, 20:22

Konami made it official that you can't and I'm sick of having to link people to it. Solemn warning has to negate the ACTIVATION and effect of a spell that summons. Launcher's effect isn't activated upon activation and it's not mandatory that you HAVE to activate the effect just bcoz u played it. So yeah remember that.

Also if you activate the effect of Zero-Max to summon Infernity Archfiend u miss timing so don't summon archfiend with it, necromancer wud be recomended and uh... u can use necro yo get out archfiend afterwards.
Sleezy
Sleezy

Birthday : 1998-04-06

Back to top Go down

You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher Empty Re: You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher

Post  CNightmare072 2011-07-25, 01:27

Interesting. I'll remember this. The reason is due to the text of the card.

Warning: Pay 2000 Life Points. Negate the Summon of a monster OR the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s), and destroy that card.

vs.

Royal Oppression: Pay 800 Life Points to negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it. Both you and your opponent can use this effect as long as this card remains face-up on the field.

The fact that Warning can only negate the ACTIVATION of the spell is what kills it here. Oppression negates ANY EFFECT of ANY CARD that SS & destroys it. Use that to help explain it.
CNightmare072
CNightmare072

Birthday : 1991-10-22

Back to top Go down

You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher Empty Re: You can't Solemn Warning Infernity Launcher

Post  Sexy Candy Panda 2011-07-25, 01:52

WOW i will remember this and it does make sence there IS a difference between royal and warning but people mistake it and pretty much join them together but thanks man i learned from this
Sexy Candy Panda
Sexy Candy Panda

Birthday : 1990-02-27

http://dueling network.com

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-25, 02:16

it's not mandatory that you HAVE to activate the effect just bcoz u played it.
Does this mean you can't Warning Macro since the special summoning is optional?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-07-25, 02:49

I've already answered this in another topic....also @ void, you can negate macro with warning even though it's optional because it includes an effect that will special summon at it's resolution. It can negate any card that may summon at resolution. locked
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down