Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

appropriate (trap card) questions

+4
Potus-Mat
Magicknight94
RandomKaos
GoldenEyes
8 posters

Go down

Solved appropriate (trap card) questions

Post  GoldenEyes 2011-09-16, 23:41

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Appropriate

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Momentary_Truce

1) It's the 1st turn and I'm going first. I set down an appropriate trap card then I activate momentary truce. Am I allowed to activate appropriate now and draw 2 cards?

2) It's the 3rd turn and I set down an appropriate trap card then I activate 2 momentary truce cards. Am I allowed to draw 4 cards now?

Can someone please answer these 2 questions and explain to me how I can use appropriate correctly?

GoldenEyes

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: appropriate (trap card) questions

Post  RandomKaos 2011-09-16, 23:46

1: Can't activate traps the turn you set it
2: Still can't activate the same turn you set.....
But as long as the last thing that happens is your opponent drawing a card then you can use appropriate.
So set appropriate the turn before, next turn activate appropriate then active momentary truce, appropriate activates afterward
I'm pretty sure that this is right
RandomKaos
RandomKaos

Birthday : 1993-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenEyes 2011-09-16, 23:50

So I can set an Appropriate trap card. then, when its my next turn activate momentary truce to draw 3 cards?

GoldenEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomKaos 2011-09-16, 23:53

As long as you activated appropriate then you draw 3 cards
Also you should have looked at the card tips in wikia, it says to use appropriate with momentary truce to get a +3
RandomKaos
RandomKaos

Birthday : 1993-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenEyes 2011-09-17, 00:00

thanks

GoldenEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenEyes 2011-09-17, 00:45

1 more question, can appropriate be used with a dark bribe trap card? like If I play set an Appropriate card, and a dark bribe card, then on my opponents turn he plays heavy storm, can I use dark bribe to activate Appropriate and draw 2 cards?

GoldenEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-09-17, 00:56

GoldenEyes wrote:1 more question, can appropriate be used with a dark bribe trap card? like If I play set an Appropriate card, and a dark bribe card, then on my opponents turn he plays heavy storm, can I use dark bribe to activate Appropriate and draw 2 cards?
Yes.

Built chain:
1) Heavy Storm.
2) Dark Bribe.
3) Resolve Dark Bribe, negate activation of Heavy Storm. Opponet draws a card.
4) End of chain. Heavy Storm never resolves, since its activation is negated.
5) You can flip Appropriate now, but you cannot draw. You must wait until the next time your opponent draws.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenEyes 2011-09-17, 01:04

Magicknight94 wrote:
Built chain:
1) Heavy Storm.
2) Dark Bribe.
5) You can flip Appropriate now, but you cannot draw. You must wait until the next time your opponent draws.

Why can't I draw? according to RandomKaos I should be able to draw anytime the opponent draws.

GoldenEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-09-17, 01:06

GoldenEyes wrote:

Why can't I draw? according to RandomKaos I should be able to draw anytime the opponent draws.

When you active it, opponent already drawn his card. Appo must be face-up on the field at the moment your opponent draws a card.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-17, 01:08

GoldenEyes wrote:
Magicknight94 wrote:
Built chain:
1) Heavy Storm.
2) Dark Bribe.
You never draw when Appropriate is activated. While it is face-up, then you draw. At activation, it misses the timing.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-18, 01:55

Appropriate needs to be face-up BEFORE the card that lets your opponent draw resolves.
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Birthday : 1994-01-05

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlackRoseguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-18, 08:02

IT's actually rather simple as the Black Rose Guy said

Appropriate needs to be face-up when your opponent draws a card so that you can draw.

You can never chain Appropriate to a card effect that would let you draw cards ex. Pot Of Greed, only after your opponent draws card you can activate Appropriate. Also Upon initial activation of Appropriate you do not draw cards.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-09-18, 08:17

However, when Appropriate was already face-up and you chain Bribe to an opponent's card. Then you do draw 2 cards(just saying).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-18, 08:20

Once Appropriate is face up it will let you draw whenever your opponent does completely disregarding what was the last thing to happen...
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-09-24, 23:11

To simplify all the posts:

To activate Appropriate, a draw effect needs to be the last thing to activate. Upon initial activation, there is no draw.

If Appropriate is active, you gain a mandatory draw of 2 cards for each time a draw card makes your opponent draw. If the draw cards used were in a chain, then the effects of Appropriate will chain to itself for each of those effects.

Example:
Turn 1: Set Appropriate, set Dark Bribe, set Morphing Jar, set other S/T (such as Momentary Truce, and Hand Destruction).
Turn 2: Opponent activates MST, you respond with Dark Bribe. Upon the resolution of the chain, you activate Appropriate. You draw no cards. They summon a monster and attack Morphing Jar. His effect applies, making you both discard and draw. Appropriate activates, making you draw 2 more cards (one being another Hand Destruction for the example).
Turn 3: Activate Momentary Truce, chain Hand Destruction, chain Hand Destruction in hand. All effects resolve. Then Appropriate activates as chain link 1, chain link 2, and chain link 3 (one for each of the cards in the previous chain that made the opponent draw). Appropriate chain resolves, letting you draw 6 cards, 2 for each resolution.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down