Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Light Vs Dark Hole

+3
Breaker
DanceJonDanceCOPY
ALieN017
7 posters

Go down

Solved Lady Light Vs Dark Hole

Post  ALieN017 2011-09-23, 18:37

Usually I have no probs with this combo.
I've played over dozens of matches where I use Dark Hole to remove my Fortune Lady Light from the field to summon other FL monster, with no complaints from anyone.

But this last time when I used it I was called bad player and was directed to rullings. I decided to check it up.

So, does being destroyed and sent to the graveyard by Dark Hole triggers Lady Light's effect?

ALieN017

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Lady Light Vs Dark Hole

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-09-23, 18:48

It should as far as I'm concerned. The effect states:

When this card is removed from the field by a card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" monster from your Deck.

It would be like saying that dandylion does not get tokens when it's sent to t he graveyard. I think your opponent thought it needed to be removed from play as in banished.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Birthday : 1990-03-13

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker 2011-09-23, 18:50

Only if it was face down and you played with the OCG rulings then its not, otherwise yes it's effect is triggered.
Breaker
Breaker

Birthday : 1995-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  matt.dekok 2011-09-23, 19:15

Breaker wrote:Only if it was face down and you played with the OCG rulings then its not, otherwise yes it's effect is triggered.

That's a weird ruling. Because its effect does not activate while it is on the field, it does not have to be face up.
matt.dekok
matt.dekok

Birthday : 1988-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-09-23, 19:16

matt.dekok wrote:
Breaker wrote:Only if it was face down and you played with the OCG rulings then its not, otherwise yes it's effect is triggered.

That's a weird ruling. Because its effect does not activate while it is on the field, it does not have to be face up.

That's right, but he said if he was playing with OCG rulings. I'm honestly not familiar with their rulings so I can't say for sure. It will work if you are playing with TCG though.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Birthday : 1990-03-13

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanax42 2011-09-23, 19:59

Actually there´s not such thing as "only OCG" rulins in this case, the effect activates while on field, face up, because it needs to be removed somewhere. Take Reborn Tengu for example, if it battles it´s effect aplied in the Damage Step, not when send to grave/Banished (only difference with lady light its that Tengu´s effect is mandatory, so it doesn´t lose timing). Only TCG exception seems to be if returned to the hand it still does it´s effect even if face-down...
Back on topic, there´s no reason for Lady Light to not activate her effect, as long as her leaving the field is the last thing to happen then yeah, it works.

Thanax42
Thanax42

Birthday : 1988-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-24, 08:37

yes, that is just bkss. For whatever reason Konami ruled lights effect to work when removed face down to the hand:
If "Fortune Lady Light" is returned from the field to your hand, you can activate its effect. (If it was face-down, you must show it to your opponent)
Since it only includes returning to hand and there is no other ruling for the tcg it is safe to use the usual rulings (like tengu) for all other cases (face down to grave or banished it does not activate)

matt.dekok wrote:That's a weird ruling. Because its effect does not activate while it is on the field, it does not have to be face up.
There is no weired things about that. When a card says, that it has to leave the field it really has to do so. When destroyed face down (by dark hole in this example) there is that situation:
"I just arrived here in the grave, but I have no idea where I was before"
Being face down is for the monster like for you is having the eyes closed (and not knowing where you are). When you are lead to another area and told to open your eyes there you still don't know where you were before.
If you where in "Area A" and brought to "Area B" and you where told to to something when you leave "Area A" you can't do it, because you don't know that you were in "Area A" you always could have been brought from "Area C" or "Area D" or ... to that point.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ~ ShadowStalker ~ 2012-01-24, 04:39

its the typo that conflicts with everyones judgement... its relative to sangans effect when its facedown and destroyed by dark hole

~ ShadowStalker ~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down