Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fortune Lady Light

2 posters

Go down

Solved Fortune Lady Light

Post  delcallejo 2011-10-06, 00:25

I'm working in a fortune lady deck, and I've been thinking on some cards I could use to trigger fortune lady light effect. So I had a hard time understanding about missing the time, and I finally managed to understand it, so many cards like "Generation shift" doesn't work for FL.

Anyway, so I had this idea of combining fortune ladies with elemental heros to fussion summon the shinning. So here comes the problem... as I understand it, polymerization and other fusion spells state "Send monsters AND special summon", so it means that the monsters are sent at the same time the shinning is special summoned, and if I'm right in this, FL light doesn't miss the timing.

What I'm tryin to say is, if you tribute summon or synchro summon, then the monsters are sent to the grave (For a cost) and THEN the monster is special summoned (In this case, monstes like peten would miss the timing), but I think is different for fusions, as sendig monsters is not a cost but part of the effect. The same would be for ritual summons.

Many people do not accept this, and other people do, so just to be sure I want more opinions on the matter.

And to justify my theory, another example. The aforementioned "Generation shift" states "Destroy 1 face-up monster you control. Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand with the same name as the destroyed card.". I looked for the rulings and states that destroying a monster is not a cost, but part of the effect, then you can clearly see that first you destroy a monster and THEN add that monster from your deck, so if I destroyed FL Light with Generation shift, her effect would not activate because the last thing to happen is that you added 1 card from your deck.

Makes sense? Please let me know what you think.
delcallejo
delcallejo

Birthday : 1993-05-19

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Fortune Lady Light

Post  Magicknight94 2011-10-06, 00:33

Polymerization: "Send Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard ►"," ◄ and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck."

Look that, we have a "," before "and". That mean material will be sent to grave BEFOFE monster is summoned. So Light missing the timing.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  delcallejo 2011-10-06, 00:39

Magicknight94 wrote:Polymerization: "Send Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard ►"," ◄ and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck."

Look that, we have a "," before "and". That mean material will be sent to grave BEFOFE monster is summoned. So Light missing the timing.

At least a comment that makes sense, but if you could give me an example of an effect that doesn't have a ",", meaning that both parts of the effect happens at the same time, then I could fully believe it.
delcallejo
delcallejo

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-10-06, 00:50

Book of Life: "Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard and remove from play 1 monster from your opponent's Graveyard."
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  delcallejo 2011-10-06, 00:51

Thank you very much, that solves all my problems.

Peace.
delcallejo
delcallejo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down