Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T.G. Cyber Magician

4 posters

Go down

Solved T.G. Cyber Magician

Post  Zephyr 2011-09-25, 03:15

the card states that if used for a synchro summon of a T.G. synchro i can use T.G. monsters from my hand. I understand that but what i want to know is basically this since this has happened to me before and want to make sure i do the right thing:

1) If Cyber Magician is veiler'd or has had it's eff negated by any other card can i still use monsters from my hand to perform a synchro?
I'm asking since there are other monsters that even though you negated it's eff you can still activate them AND they still RESOLVE so just want to make sure if i can do this or not.

2) Can my opponent use card such as divine wrath, Stardust Assault mode and the such to negate and destroy my Cyber Magician when i try to synchro using a monster from my hand?
I have no idea if they can do this and it has happened to me more than once and since i have no idea if they can do that or not i just go with it and not be a horrible person and say "you can't do that" specially if i have no way to back up my argument.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: T.G. Cyber Magician

Post  matt.dekok 2011-09-25, 04:01

Zephyr wrote:1) If Cyber Magician is veiler'd or has had it's eff negated by any other card can i still use monsters from my hand to perform a synchro?
I'm asking since there are other monsters that even though you negated it's eff you can still activate them AND they still RESOLVE so just want to make sure if i can do this or not.

According to the Wiki, "No part of this effect is affected by Skill Drain." IMO this also means that it is unaffected by Effect Veiler as well as they essentially do the same thing but on a different scale.

Zephyr wrote:2) Can my opponent use card such as divine wrath, Stardust Assault mode and the such to negate and destroy my Cyber Magician when i try to synchro using a monster from my hand?
I have no idea if they can do this and it has happened to me more than once and since i have no idea if they can do that or not i just go with it and not be a horrible person and say "you can't do that" specially if i have no way to back up my argument.

This part of TGCM's effect does not start a chain and can therefore not be negated by such effects. The trigger effect at the end of the card does however start a chain and can be negated.
matt.dekok
matt.dekok

Birthday : 1988-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-25, 05:58

The text "If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, the other Synchro Material Monsters must be 1 monster in your hand." of "Eccentric Boy" is not treated as the effect of an Effect Monster.

Therefor Skill Drain and Substantially Effect Veiler will not stop it from using T.G's in your hand to summon T.G Synchros.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-09-25, 12:05

It seems to be already resolved, but I'll take a stab anyway.
From what I understand, it's considered a condition rather than an effect. As such, it can't be negated and the summoning does not start a chain.

Same can be said of Malefic Parallel Gear, Mara of the Nordic Alfar, and, although slightly different, Quickdraw Synchron. The texts in the first two differ slightly from that of T.G. Cyber Magician, but I assume it's the same concept.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-09-25, 13:40

ok thanks for the answers since i'm using my T.G. deck more often now just wanted to make sure if you could negate that or not. Now i know for the next time this kind of thing happens to me Wink
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down