Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creature Swap

+2
KaousFaustXIII
KC The OG
6 posters

Go down

Creature Swap Empty Creature Swap

Post  KC The OG 2011-06-03, 16:54

1.) If I give my opponent my Reborn Tengu do i get its effect or does my opponent?

2.) If I give my opponent my Dandylion do i get its effect or does my opponent?

3.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric do i get its effect or not?

4.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric & my opponent removes a Psychic from play will it get special summoned?

5.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric & we have both removed a Psychic with it who would get to choose which 1 to summon?

6.) If I give my opponent my Serene Psychic Witch do i get its effect or does my opponent?

7.) If I give my opponent my Esper Girl do i get its effect or not?

KC The OG

Back to top Go down

Creature Swap Empty Re: Creature Swap

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-03, 17:03

Yes to All

All cards mentioned activates in the owner's Graveyard (RFP Zone, Hand, for Tengu), therefore the original owner gets their effects.

for #4 you gets to special summon since Hushed Psychic Cleric activates in your graveyard.

kthxbai '')/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  KC The OG 2011-06-03, 17:09

KaousFaustXIII wrote:Yes to All

All cards mentioned activates in the owner's Graveyard (RFP Zone, Hand, for Tengu), therefore the original owner gets their effects.

for #4 you gets to special summon since Hushed Psychic Cleric activates in your graveyard.

kthxbai '')/
So just to double check

1.) I get Reborn Tengu's effect.
2.) I get Dandylion's tokens.
3.) I get Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
4.) My opponent will not get Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
5.) I get to choose for Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
6.) I get Serene Psychic Witch's effect.
7.) I get Esper Girl's effect.

Am I correct on all of that?

KC The OG

Back to top Go down

Post  Hexadecimal 2011-06-03, 17:35

yes
Hexadecimal
Hexadecimal

Birthday : 1991-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  KC The OG 2011-06-03, 17:51

alright. thanks guys

KC The OG

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy 2011-06-08, 04:54

KC The OG wrote:
KaousFaustXIII wrote:Yes to All

kthxbai '')/
So just to double check

1.) I get Reborn Tengu's effect.
2.) I get Dandylion's tokens.
3.) I get Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
4.) My opponent will not get Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
5.) I get to choose for Hushed Psychic Cleric's effect.
6.) I get Serene Psychic Witch's effect.
7.) I get Esper Girl's effect.

Am I correct on all of that?

Sorry but that is all wrong , 2 years of experience

FIELD = Both sides of the field
Field = your side of the field + your opponent side of the field

u won't get the effect until the monster is removed from the field which means from both sides of the field , so if your opponent took dandylion or sangan or Tengu or anyone u mentioned u won't get any effects until they are sent to grave as in all monsters u mentioned ....
e.g Tengu ( sent to grave, returned to hand , returned to deck, removed from play) u would special summon another Tengu... but if Tengu( flipped face-down , went to ur opponent side of the field , its summon was negated, anything but still on any side of the field) you won't get any effects. I think you can now judge your situations
Jimmy
Jimmy

Birthday : 1990-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-06-08, 07:19

KC The OG wrote:1.) If I give my opponent my Reborn Tengu do i get its effect or does my opponent?

2.) If I give my opponent my Dandylion do i get its effect or does my opponent?

3.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric do i get its effect or not?

4.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric & my opponent removes a Psychic from play will it get special summoned?

5.) If I give my opponent my Hushed Psychic Cleric & we have both removed a Psychic with it who would get to choose which 1 to summon?

6.) If I give my opponent my Serene Psychic Witch do i get its effect or does my opponent?

7.) If I give my opponent my Esper Girl do i get its effect or not?

1) Tengu's owner will always be the player who activates Tengu, EXCEPT when Tengu is temporarily-removed by something like Interdimensional Matter Transporter. At that point it gets complex.

The OCG, which DN does not follow unless it must, would have Tengu's former controller activate Tengu at that point, EVEN IF they wouldn't own said Tengu. (re: Absolute Zero vs. IMT)

The TCG has no such ruling, but has no ruling explicitly denying the OCG's method. The reccomendation I give is to email Konami and ask them if the TCG follows the OCG ruling; and until they answer, presume that the TCG DOESN'T follow the OCG ruling.

I say to presume that it doesn't because that's the direction the card text alone would have us lean.

2, 3, 6, and 7) The Trigger Effects of Dandylion, Cleric, Serene, and Esper that activate when they're sent to the Graveyard always activate as their owners' effects. This is because cards can never be in a Graveyard not controlled by their owner.

4) The Grave-related Trigger Effect of Cleric is not optional. Thus when it is triggered, you must activate it as soon as legally possible, even if there are no potential targets at all. If there are no legal targets, then when you get to the point in activation procedure where you would select a target, you just don't choose a target.

If there is a legal target, you must select it, regardless of who owns that target.

Cleric's effect just says to "Special Summon" the target. It doesn't say where it is Summoned to. This means that the target is Special Summoned to your control, even if the target is a monster your opponent owns.

5) Cleric's effect is an effect you control. You select the target.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke666 2011-06-09, 02:04

Yes to all .
Sasuke666
Sasuke666

Birthday : 1991-02-27

Back to top Go down