Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Zaraki_Kenpachi: WHEN call priority

+9
Miror B.
Badass_Bunny
dest
3E-hero neos
kangtuji
storyteller
Key
KaousFaustXIII
OsawaSensei
13 posters

Go down

Solved To Zaraki_Kenpachi: WHEN call priority

Post  OsawaSensei 2011-10-23, 12:36

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:PRIORITY

I realized that the administrator does not know that Kenpachi Zaraki is called the first priority after activating the effect of a card if the priority was not requested the monster does not have the priority. Thank Zaraki Kenpachi, I lost the duel for you master the rules:)

OsawaSensei

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: To Zaraki_Kenpachi: WHEN call priority

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-10-23, 14:19

im not sure but i sense sarcasm on that :/ its hard to tell due to the broken grammar... anyway i can assure you that guy is very much aware of how priority works
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-23, 17:35

Make sure you read the sticky before posting here.
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t660-ruling-101-priority
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-10-23, 18:01

I'm going to guess that he's complaining about how some people don't call priority until after the opponent activates something in response.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-23, 18:15

This is why nipponjin removes prio
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-24, 08:16

Zaraki knows his game, I've known him longer then all you guys(before DN was even here!).
If you want to stay out of trouble for this, just wait a few seconds for the opponent to do anything. In addition, priority is a ruling, and you cannot call it, it doesn't have a phone number either,
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-10-24, 11:11

I'm not doubting the admin or anything. I'm just saying some people tend to summon something without wanting to use its ignition effect until later, but decide to make use of priority when the opposing player responds.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-24, 11:51

therefore:
- always ask for response if you don't use prio
- always ask for prio if your opponent just sits there waiting, then activate bottomless etc.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-24, 11:53

I'm not sure but I believe this was the guy who claimed his opponent had to call priority before summoning DAD(which he BTH'd). Anyway he obviously wasn't happy I rules in his opponents favor.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-24, 16:11

Priority needs to be called on the summon. That's why I always call priority at the moment of the summon, and I always ask if they want priority unless I'm using Solemn.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-10-24, 17:26

priority doesn't need to be called, you automaticly have it. The only thing is that the majority of players constantly doing it wrong. You only give up priority by asking for a response and not by waiting for 5-10 seconds...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-10-24, 21:14

When summon a monster, never ask for a response, response is for when you pass the prio to opponent after a successful summon and do nothing, you must ask opponent to negate summon the monster or not. (and doesn't include special summon through effects)
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-24, 23:05

I am going to discuss this in a way that maybe even the OP can post. First off, Badass Bunny/Kempachi (or whatever BBs name is ingame), knows how to Yugiohs. Priority is always maintained by the turn player. I don't know the situation but based on BBs post, you claimed Prio had to be called before the monster was summoned. However priority is not called, it is maintained. The user, if they choose not to activate an ignition effect, passes it. Once priority is passed, you cannot choose to use an effect after something is chained to the summon.

Based on BBs text, you had a facedown bottomless. Your opponent summoned DAD and have priority before you could bottomless. You claimed they need to call it before they summon which is not true. Once DAD was summoned, your opponent can use the effect before you respond to the summon with Bottomless. however, yes you can still bottomless.

Now how do you avoid this argument? In this same situation, there is a very easy question you should ask before chaining a trap. "Summon successful, are you using priority?" or simply "Prio?". Once they say no, chain your bottomless. By saying no, it is now too late to call it.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-24, 23:57

TheVoid wrote:I am going to discuss this in a way that maybe even the OP can post. First off, Badass Bunny/Kempachi (or whatever BBs name is ingame), knows how to Yugiohs. Priority is always maintained by the turn player. I don't know the situation but based on BBs post, you claimed Prio had to be called before the monster was summoned. However priority is not called, it is maintained. The user, if they choose not to activate an ignition effect, passes it. Once priority is passed, you cannot choose to use an effect after something is chained to the summon.

Based on BBs text, you had a facedown bottomless. Your opponent summoned DAD and have priority before you could bottomless. You claimed they need to call it before they summon which is not true. Once DAD was summoned, your opponent can use the effect before you respond to the summon with Bottomless. however, yes you can still bottomless.

Now how do you avoid this argument? In this same situation, there is a very easy question you should ask before chaining a trap. "Summon successful, are you using priority?" or simply "Prio?". Once they say no, chain your bottomless. By saying no, it is now too late to call it.

There is the possibility that someone was playing under the the OCG rulings, which mean that the response to the summon would come before a trigger effect like DAD could be activated.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-25, 00:00

If you're playing OCG rulings, you must announce that before the game starts and make sure your opponent is clear.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-10-25, 12:09

BlackwingRa wrote:When summon a monster, never ask for a response, response is for when you pass the prio to opponent after a successful summon and do nothing, you must ask opponent to negate summon the monster or not. (and doesn't include special summon through effects)

thats the type of response most people mean when asking for one

i dont want to declare any targets for my effects until my opponent tells me he wont negate the summon because knowing the targets could affect the choice between a BTH or a solem warning
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-25, 14:53

Tsunayoshi wrote:
TheVoid wrote:I am going to discuss this in a way that maybe even the OP can post. First off, Badass Bunny/Kempachi (or whatever BBs name is ingame), knows how to Yugiohs. Priority is always maintained by the turn player. I don't know the situation but based on BBs post, you claimed Prio had to be called before the monster was summoned. However priority is not called, it is maintained. The user, if they choose not to activate an ignition effect, passes it. Once priority is passed, you cannot choose to use an effect after something is chained to the summon.

There is the possibility that someone was playing under the the OCG rulings, which mean that the response to the summon would come before a trigger effect like DAD could be activated.

1) Dueling Network assumes TCG rulings. If a player wants to play with OCG rulings they need to specify it in their duel note prior to the game. Also to lower the chance of misunderstanding, it should be stated before the game begins.

2) DAD does not have a trigger effect, he has an ignition effect. Trigger effects are effects that have a specific trigger that has to be met to activate, such as Elemental HERO Stratos, Dandylion, Sangan, Caius (actually I think all monarchs), etc. DAD has an ignition effect, which is an effect that can be activated by the player whenever they chose, so long as the conditions are right (like its not the opponents turn or your battle phase). The 4 examples are trigger effects for the following reasons: Elemental HERO Stratos and Caius the Shadow Monarch ONLY get their effects when they are summoned, as said on the card. You can't summon Caius, attack, then choose to Banish a card with his effect. Dandylion and Sangan's triggers are when they hit the graveyard (Sangan needing to go from the field to the graveyard).

Am I making sense Tsunayoshi?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-25, 14:59

Made a mistake on the type of effect the OCG Ignition ruling has. Dunno why I got trigger.

Also I brought up the idea that someone might have been using OCG rulings because that sounds like what could have happened because someone might have been trying to rule shark for a win.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-25, 15:03

If that was the case, I doubt the TC would think priority needs to be called before summoning, however I do see your point.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down