Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Drain Beatdown

+3
BlackShadowX
MK_ultra
OmniFizzle
7 posters

Go down

Skill Drain Beatdown Empty Skill Drain Beatdown

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 05:32

Skill Drain Beatdown WfKst

Monsters 12:
Malefic Cyber-End Dragon 3x
Malefic Truth Dragon 1x
Alexandrite Dragon 3x
Beast King Barbaros 3x
Goblin Attack Force 2x

Spells 19:
Necrovalley 3x
Terraforming 1x
Royal Tribute 2x
Mystical Space Typhoon 2x
Pot of Duality 3x
One Day of Peace 3x
Dimensional Fissure 3x
Forbidden Chalice 1x
Dark Hole 1x

Traps 9:
Skill Drain 3x
Dimensional Prison 2x
Solemn Judgment 1x
Solemn Warning 1x
Starlight Road 1x
Dark Bribe 1x

Extra 9:
Stardust 2x
Cyber End Dragon 3x
Number 39: Utopia 2x
Gem-Knight Pearl 2x

I've been using the deck for quite some time now, constantly changing things and the deck is becoming pretty consistent and I love using it. But, I feel like something could be added to make it faster/more consistent/heavier beatdown/stronger backfield/etc.

Throw your ideas at me, be critical!!
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Skill Drain Beatdown Empty Re: Skill Drain Beatdown

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 05:48

more malefics and magical citadel
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 05:52

I've tried more malefics, specifically Blue-Eyes, and it just became a dead draw due to only being able to only have one on the field even with skill drain.

I hadn't considered Magical Citadel.. the fact that it can protect itself would be very nice, but other than that would it still be helpful? A better option than Necrovalley?
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 06:03

no on blue eyes its stardust and rainbow drag and yes also melefic world is a must
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 06:08

I don't like Stardust due to his small size, and his effect is rarely needed. Haven't tried M. Rainbow, I'll look into that but I don't like the way Malefic World in here, mainly due to I don't necessarily focus on trying to get Malefics onto the field so having a field spell that let's you search for them seems to be beaten out by Necrovalley which actually hinders my opponent and also allows me to use Royal Tribute
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 06:12

kinda world is meh at best but those r the best melefics because its hand and deck and extra stardust is still a beatstick not just its eff remeber its skill drain they lose the eff and become beatsticks also fusiler dragon will help
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 06:18

But even with Skill Drain on the field I can only have one Malefic on the field due to their effects being active in the hand so having too many Malefics tends to cause dead draws. And I'd much rather have a Cyber End on the field than a Stardust lol

Fusilier is decent.. but only if I have Skill Drain active, otherwise he is tiny. So I'm not sure about him but I'll keep him in mind for sure.
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 06:22

no y can have more then one melefic the deck needs skill drain so thats why
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 06:25

No, the effect of Malefics that only allows there to be one on the field at a time is a condition, therefore is active everywhere, not just on the field.

I.E. If you have a Malefic Cyber End Dragon on the field, and Skill Drain active, and attempt to summon another from your hand, the condition of the Cyber End in your hand blocks you from summoning it due to there being a face up Malefic already on the field.
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 06:27

no it has to b on feild for that eff and skill drain shuts down all eff
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 06:29

OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2012-02-04, 06:31

then why did i just ask on public and the people said that yes skill drain shuts down all effects on feild
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 06:39

ok yes it does shut down the effects on the field, but thats not what I'm disputing. What I'm stating is that the Malefic in your HAND, not the one on the field, is the one who's effect is stopping it from being summoned. It's effect is active while in the hand, because Skill Drain ONLY effects cards on the field.

So when you try to summon a second Malefic, the Malefic you are summoning from your hand prevents you from doing so due to its effect still being active before it hits the field.
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackShadowX 2012-02-04, 07:01

Yeah its kind of confusing using malefics with skilldrain i find many summoning more than one with skill drain another misplay is when in a mirror match if one has a malefic monster on field then the other person cannot summon another malefic mons since it effects applies to the whole field.

deck looks ok but idk bout one day of peace maybe remove them for another warning,TKRO

BlackShadowX
BlackShadowX

Back to top Go down

Post  Szadek 2012-02-04, 10:20

Best Malefics: Cyber end > Star dust > Truth > Rainbow > Blue-eyes > Red Eyes.
You realy should run 3 startdust,truth at 1 is ok,the others are junk.
Malefic world is bad,but you need a 2. field spell.
Geartown is the best(3 geartowns + 2 Gadjiltron dragon)

You can also turn this deck into an anti-meta deck if you want.
You just have to replace you vanilla monster and goblin attack force with
doomcaliber knight and tkro.

If you want more beat down you could run Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast and
beast machine king barbaros

One Day of Peace is bad in everthing then stalling decks(you don't want you oppent to draw),use PoD.

Extra deck should always be at 15(+1 stardust +2 fortress dragon + some random xyz)

I like to side closed forest against deck like darkworld,and smahsing ground for mirror matches.

I like to tech 1 cyber dragon to gets over opponetns thunder king or against machine decks,but maybe thats just me.
Szadek
Szadek

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-04, 14:34

Since you have D. Fissure in there, throw some D.D. Planes and/or Survivors to replace One Day of Peace (2 or all 3 of them). Since you're running mostly spells, you might want some monsters that respawn until you get your Malefics.

I would take one of those Goblins and replace it with Goblin Elite Attack Force, but that's just me. It's 100 points weaker (still Lv 4), but it has 1500 DEF in case Skill Drain is not out yet and you only got your Goblins as an option. But that's up to you. What are the odds of that happening? xD

Side Necroface. There's always going to be times you lose your Malefics, and even worse if you have D. Fissure face up.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-04, 15:17

My personal taste for this kind of deck is to use searchers for Skill Drain rather than rely on draw power. For that reason, I'd +2 A Cat of Ill Omen and -2 of Duality or One Day of Peace.

Also, I know it's tempting to run Royal Tribute when you have Necrovalley, but I think you would be better off with more Dark Bribes because protecting Skill Drain is more important than anything else. The whole point of the deck is to overpower the opponent with high ATK, and with effects on the field negated, monster advantage is not something you have to worry about unless you get off to a slow start (in which case you need to improve your own consistency rather than try to disadvantage the opponent). So my choice would be to max out Dark Bribe and then maybe use Upstart Goblin over One Day of Peace to mitigate the +1s the opponent might get. Also could drop 1 D Fissure and add more draw power if you really like those.

As for the monsters, I love Alexandrite but I wonder if there might be better options. Cyber Dragon is a thought, as is something like Goblin Elite Attack Force. Malefic Stardust would be a better option, but I don't think you have enough field spell power to be adding more Malefics. Speaking of... how much do you actually find yourself needing a 5000 ATK beater? I think I'd be inclined to drop Truth Dragon and add another monster that can be more readily summoned, considering you have plenty of attack power already. Maybe you can turn your side deck into Malefic Antimeta and convert between them depending on what you are facing.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2012-02-04, 16:08

MK_ultra wrote:then why did i just ask on public and the people said that yes skill drain shuts down all effects on feild
Why answer your own question?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-04, 23:10

Ok so after taking everything said into account, I have put together a new decklist, have yet to test it but will do so shortly.

I added a side deck as well, so as was said I could side into anti-meta if need be.

Skill Drain Beatdown FtQ1g
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-05, 00:36

So I did some testing and made a few more changes, realized I forgot to take out Truth in the last edit lol
And Necroface was a dead draw every single time so I went ahead and replaced both Necroface and Truth with Upstart Golbin

Skill Drain Beatdown YLUMi
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-05, 00:50

Oh, one more thing. Since you're running a Skill Drain,add 1 or even 2 Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast. You can Normal Summon it like Beast King Barbaros and have its ATK halved, but with Skill Drain on the field, its ATK won't be halved.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-05, 00:54

would he really be worth it though? since if skill drain ISNT there he's only at 1400? Just seems like it might be kinda risky to me..
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-05, 01:10

OmniFizzle wrote:would he really be worth it though? since if skill drain ISNT there he's only at 1400? Just seems like it might be kinda risky to me..

It was only a suggestion, so you don't really have to. Smile But I would say add it if you tend to play Skill Drain every time, and a lot.

Otherwise stick with what you currently have. It looks good to me.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Back to top Go down

Post  OmniFizzle 2012-02-05, 03:27

I went ahead and took out terraforming and added a Dual Mode, and to tell you the truth, I'm loving it! haha

The deck is running tons smoother now and is a bit more consistent, thanks for all the advice guys!!
OmniFizzle
OmniFizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Szadek 2012-02-05, 07:13

The "classic" skill drain decks used Beast King Barbaros ,Dual Mode and Beast Machine King Barbaros.
However,Beast Machine King would suck in this deck.

If you run Cyber Dragon you alos should have Chimeratech Fortress Dragon i your extra deck.
It trolls all machine deck and is a nice way to get over Zenmaines.
Only down side:Fortress Dragon don't like skill drain.

One last thing,you coule repalce D. Prison with Evacuation Device.
Device is better most of the time.
It does not work that great against dw and monarchs,but you have enough other cards to deal with them.
Szadek
Szadek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down