Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusion Summoning Condition Clarification

5 posters

Go down

Solved Fusion Summoning Condition Clarification

Post  Aiota 2011-09-19, 19:30

In particular, I'm looking at this (fairly new) summoning condition: "This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon (from the Extra Deck)."

If I'm reading this correctly, the "from the Extra Deck" clause makes it so that the summoning condition only applies when the Fusion Monster is in the Extra Deck, correct? That way you cannot improperly Summon the Fusion Monster via "Summoner of Illusions", "Metamorphosis", etc. and it also makes it so the summoning condition doesn't interfere with the general ruling that says that a Fusion Monster can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or Banished pile if it was properly Summoned.

Am I correct in thinking this?

I ask because I can't seem to find anything (besides the TCG ruling) that elaborates on that Extra Deck clause. Also, I get a lot of players (especially Elemental HERO players) that assume that the above summoning condition is the same as "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon.", so I want to use this as a reference point that clears this up.

Last edited by Aiota on 2011-09-19, 22:07; edited 2 times in total
Aiota
Aiota

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Fusion Summoning Condition Clarification

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-19, 19:50

Because simply Special Summon =/= Fusion Summon

If Summoner of Illusions say the summons are treated as fusion summon, intead special summon. You can summon those
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiota 2011-09-19, 20:46

Yes, I know that. However, that doesn't answer my question as it is about the summoning condition, not the actual Summon.
Aiota
Aiota

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-19, 20:57

Mmmm.... what monster do you pointing in this case

Its easier to point that card directly than generaling the effect.
Tell me the case of this "This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon (from the Extra Deck)."

Which monster and what situation
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiota 2011-09-19, 21:16

All Gem-Knight fusions, Ultimate Axon Kicker, Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste, Supreme Arcanite Magician, and probably some more I missed, have this summoning condition.

What I'm trying to do is not come up with a situation, as the TCG ruling has already done that, but rather make sense of the actual text of the summoning condition and the mechanics behind it to know why the ruling is what it is.
Aiota
Aiota

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-19, 21:25

Because some of these mosnters listed A synchro monster as their materials

It was for miracle syncro fusion and miracle fusion rulings.
I don't know how to writes the details, but you cann't summoning draco equiste with miracle fusion.

About gem-knights... I haven't memorize them all... as the have similiar types, names and stats, attribute, etc... (but basically they're buff-up version of E-heroes fusion Laughing)

And as for fusion mosnter like
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gaia_Drake
that doesn't have restriction "must be fusion summoned" you can special summon this other than fusion summon XD
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-09-19, 21:28

All Contact Fusion Monsters have that kind of summoning condition, and that kind of card text makes them unable to be brought out from Extra Deck except by Fusion Summon first, then after that you can reborn it if it is sent to graveyard or banished.
And for those cards mentioned above, those are Nomi Fusion Monsters. They cannot be reborn in any circumstances. (except when they are properly fusion summon and then be brought back by some effect that "ignoring the summoning condition")
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiota 2011-09-19, 22:36

Actually the summoning condition for Contact Fusion Monsters is "This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by [...] the above cards you control (You do not use "Polymerization")".

But, taking into account what you said, I read up on Nomi and Semi-Nomi Monsters.

Cards like Ultimate Axon Kicker have this summoning condition: "This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon (from the Extra Deck)."
While cards like Elemental HERO The Shining have this summoning condition: "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon."

Taking a look at the two summoning conditions, the first uses Semi-Nomi-style text, while the second uses Nomi-style text. Another thing I dug was on this Wikia page was this: "Note that Fusion Monsters, Ritual Monsters and Synchro Monsters are treated as Semi-Nomis unless stated otherwise." This is true given that the mechanics behind Fusion/Ritual/Synchro Monsters and Semi-Nomi Monsters are exactly the same.

I guess the "(from the Extra Deck)" bit does generate a bit of confusion, especially because of the way the summoning condition is written. Though, reading up on Nomi and Semi-Nomi Monsters did allow me to understand the TCG ruling, and why the above two summoning conditions work so differently. So I guess I can consider this case closed. Smile
Aiota
Aiota

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-09-19, 23:44

There is that Elemental hero Nova master. He can not be summoned Other than Fusion Summon. Alot of the new E hero Cards have that text now. Making them Nearly impossible to summon them other than Fusion. The cards that Say You can not summon them in any other ways than fusion Can Only be sumoned by fusion, Unless you have Already summoned them Correctly, Via Fusion Summon And have met their Requirements. Like the Gladiatior Beast cards, They can be summoned from the grave if they have been Properly summoned to the field.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-20, 02:32

just stick to the usual nomi and semi nomi text, like in any other card. "can only be special summoned by" always means that it can be special summoned from the grave/banished zone after it has been properly summoned. "can not be special summoned except by" always means what it says, can't be special summoned except by the condition on the card text.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down