Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase the number of Forum Mods

+11
{EX} TheVoid
Goddess nX
Metta World Peace
Potus-Mat
Key
Halberdier
kangtuji
Adept VantageSP
Tsunayoshi
Lovelace
S.S.A.
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Increase the number of Forum Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Increase the number of Forum Mods

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-09, 17:11

void thanks for the clarification that judges are SMods, i was unaware, so i will no longer say we are lacking in mods, just that some areas may need more attention

van, so reporting a topic preemptively once its solved is a no-no? ill remember that and save the button for when it goes a little farther off, although i do feel once they are resolved they should be locked, this topic for example is very near that point, if not there.

S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Increase the number of Forum Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Increase the number of Forum Mods

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-11-09, 17:17

Why report a topic that doesn't need to be reported yet? Not trying to be a jerk here, just being blunt.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-09, 17:21

not a point i can argue, as i messaged before, it looks like your locking a large amount of problem topics before they get there, i was using the report more as a red flag, like here there could be a problem. also i would only ever report topics in suggestions and in ruling questions, which are areas where a staff member can definitively say what the answer is, then close the topic, so when i saw it answered definitively i drew attention to it so it could be closed.

and yea, not being a jerk, or even really being blunt, fair question
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-11-09, 18:03

S.S. Anaconda wrote:i believe that this forum is understaffed in the mod department, or if this is not the case then the mods who are in place need to play a greater role in locking and reorganizing topics that are in improper locations as well as topics that went off topic.

a good example of lack of shifting topics to where they belong is the large amount of in game suggestions/requests in this subforum which is clearly labeled forum requests, they should all have been moved to game suggestions shortly after they were posted.

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t9503-the-use-of-ftk-no-hope-of-stopping-decks
that topic, which i thought was in suggestions although now i see is in general discussion should have been locked/moved long before because it was denied. it shifted into arguing about a topic which had already been decided which is a pointless use of forum space and activity.

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t7620-obelisk-the-tormentor
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t9528-safe-zone

those two topics should also have been locked earlier because the question was answered, i believe i remember that other questions arose after the initial answering, but that is not a reason to leave a topic open, after the question has been resolved.

the examples that i grabbed may not have been perfect ones, but they are all topics that are in the recent post category, i know that ive seen other examples of this in the past and i am willing to delve a little and find some if need be.

this is not me trying to insult the forum or its management, just that it needs more staff to help manage in a more efficient and cleaner way.

also because i pmed van and det about applying for a mod job myself, this is not a plug for myself, as if i was in their spots with my level of activity i would deny me on the spot, this is just me expressing my suggestion that the forum employ more moderators to help keep the suggestions and ruling questions sections of the forum clean

LOL.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-11-09, 18:35

hey Miley Syrus + you're sexy when you laugh. Did you know that?
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-09, 19:41

Miley Syrus + wrote:
S.S. Anaconda wrote:i believe that this forum is understaffed in the mod department, or if this is not the case then the mods who are in place need to play a greater role in locking and reorganizing topics that are in improper locations as well as topics that went off topic.

a good example of lack of shifting topics to where they belong is the large amount of in game suggestions/requests in this subforum which is clearly labeled forum requests, they should all have been moved to game suggestions shortly after they were posted.

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t9503-the-use-of-ftk-no-hope-of-stopping-decks
that topic, which i thought was in suggestions although now i see is in general discussion should have been locked/moved long before because it was denied. it shifted into arguing about a topic which had already been decided which is a pointless use of forum space and activity.

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t7620-obelisk-the-tormentor
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t9528-safe-zone

those two topics should also have been locked earlier because the question was answered, i believe i remember that other questions arose after the initial answering, but that is not a reason to leave a topic open, after the question has been resolved.

the examples that i grabbed may not have been perfect ones, but they are all topics that are in the recent post category, i know that ive seen other examples of this in the past and i am willing to delve a little and find some if need be.

this is not me trying to insult the forum or its management, just that it needs more staff to help manage in a more efficient and cleaner way.

also because i pmed van and det about applying for a mod job myself, this is not a plug for myself, as if i was in their spots with my level of activity i would deny me on the spot, this is just me expressing my suggestion that the forum employ more moderators to help keep the suggestions and ruling questions sections of the forum clean

LOL.

PMs were a plug...topic isnt...getting that said initially before one or both of them brought that up
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-11-09, 21:59

Judges are not moderators
There're different for a reason
And like I've said before, Judges only have power in certain sections
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Halberdier 2011-11-09, 22:05

There is now a new Forum Moderator.

All rejoice.
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-09, 22:45

Halberdier wrote:There is now a new Forum Moderator.

All rejoice.

Grats. Now if the other inactives were checked out and either dropped or replaced.

Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Halberdier 2011-11-09, 22:52

You mean You-know-who?
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Ares 2011-11-09, 23:04

There are a lack of forum moderators. Hire the ones who are reliable and trusted.
Ares
Ares
God of War
God of War

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-11-09, 23:18

Umm Truthfully i dont see a Huge Deal about the Forms mods.....
There isnt much problems that happen on froms because most of us act Mature.....
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-09, 23:30

Gxmaster wrote:Umm Truthfully i dont see a Huge Deal about the Forms mods.....
There isnt much problems that happen on froms because most of us act Mature.....

the issues that im referring to is not a matter of maturity, but topics in certain sections being open longer than they probably should, leading to off topic discussions. the suggestions forums and the ruling forums specifically

All rejoice.

i saw! in the middle of this topic lol, congrats!

Key wrote:Judges are not moderators
There're different for a reason
And like I've said before, Judges only have power in certain sections

my apologies for misreading that
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-09, 23:31

Halberdier wrote:You mean You-know-who?

Mhm.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-10, 04:47

Ok,
can I ask something little ... ?

do each section / mods has their own rulings / laws
or should they be obeying a "general" rule ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-11-10, 05:01

All rejoice.

And yet they don't give you the title of it. Shame! Shame!

Congrats anyway!! You beat me to it. Sad

I always felt we had a decent amount of staff. Now I would agree in dropping the ones who never show up, however. Not the ones you leave temporarily and say they will be gone but the ones who leave and never show back up for a week or so at a time without saying anything.

Alright! I will say it. Make me forum mod and I will save the Internet. Razz

J/King!!! Razz
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-10, 12:39

kangtuji wrote:Ok,

in terms of spam and offensive posts and stuff each section should have the same general rules, but in sections like suggestions, and ruling questions, where the topics have a definitive end, i think it better to lock them as soon as they reach it, so that it doesnt roam off topic/get answered a bunch of times by different people
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-11-10, 16:04

kangtuji wrote:Ok,

They obey a general law. Some sections very, like the games and general talk, but they all follow a general law with slight variations.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-10, 18:33

I think each moderator has different opinion about the rules, or not playing the rulings they made
Not being a rulesharker, but as I am experiencing, no verbal warning involved, skipped to 2nd or 3'rd strike.
This is definition of SPAM by other mods:
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t6926-uncertainty-un-called-for-actions#111067

- Spam: Includes double posting, not adhering to a topic, necro-posting and 1-5 word posts.

And here another definition of SPAM (It was a PM, so I cann't show links/suace):

Stop making new topics in any way concerning safe zone. You have been warned before. More actions on your part will be considered spam, and further administrative action will be taken.

Accusing us of hypocrisy is quite possibly the strangest thing I've read on Dueling Network that I couldn't be sure was intentionally trolling. In short, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I know you believe that there is a deep and personal issue here, but there isn't, so please adhere to the rules like everyone else.

Esp with underlined part, can you show me when you did the warning ?

Also, according to Tama, I CAN make a new thread, yet another said I cann't

Which one I should follow ?

Edit: Also apparently, my question thead on "DN Question" section is gone aswell, is it being deleted ?

Last edited by kangtuji on 2011-11-10, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-10, 18:45

suprisingly i agree with kan here, at times there appears to be conflictions between what members of staff say, examples being when i reported a handful of topics a few nights ago TamA locked them all, and when i thanked him for doing so he responded more or less in kind, when i continued the next morning badass bunny warned me for report button abuse

edit, i feel like the topic has shifted from what the title says, but remains in what the original post does, ideas for new topic name? lol
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2