Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few questions about removing from play

4 posters

Go down

Solved A few questions about removing from play

Post  Virtuozo 2011-11-27, 08:51

If I wanted to create a remove-from-play burn deck, I would have to verify the following rulings:

Situation 1:
Cards on my side of the field: Dimensional Fissure, Gravekeeper's Servant
What I think: The opponent cannot declare an attack because the effect of Gravekeeper's Servant is a cost, and they don't know whether the top card in their deck is a monster or a spell/trap card.

Situation 2:
Cards on my side of the field: Banisher of the Light (face-up) or Macro Cosmos, Gravekeeper's Servant
What I think: The opponent cannot declare an attack because the effect of Gravekeeper's Servant is a cost, and they can't send the top card in their deck to the graveyard to pay the cost.

Situation 3:
Cards on my side of the field: Needle Worm (face-down), Dimensional Fissure or/and Banisher of the Light (face-up)/Macro Cosmos
What I think: If the opponent attacks and Needle Worm is flipped face-up, its effect still works, and 5 cards from the top of the opponent's deck are removed from play instead, or, if it's just Dimensional Fissure, only the monsters among them will be removed.

Situation 4:
Cards on my side of the field: Warm Worm (face-down or face-up), Dimensional Fissure or/and Banisher of the Light (face-up)/Macro Cosmos
What I think: If the opponent attacks and Warm Worm is destroyed, its effect still works, even if it is later removed from play, and 3 cards from the top of the opponent's deck are removed from play instead, or, if it's just Dimensional Fissure on my side of the field, only the monsters among them will be removed.

Situation 5:
Cards on my side of the field: Morphing Jar (face-down), Dimensional Fissure or/and Banisher of the Light (face-up)/Macro Cosmos
What I think: If the opponent attacks and Morhing Jar is flipped, its effect still works, and appropriate cards are removed from play or sent to the graveyard.

Situation 6:
Cards on my side of the field: Dimensional Fissure or/and Banisher of the Light (face-up)/Macro Cosmos
I can activate Card Destruction because discarding is not a cost. Cards will be removed from play instead, or/and spell/trap cards sent to the graveyard if it's just Dimensional Fissure.

Situation 7:
Cards on my side of the field: Dimensional Fissure or/and Banisher of the Light (face-up)/Macro Cosmos
I cannot activate Hand Destruction because sending 2 cards to the graveyard is a cost. Even if Dimensional Fissure was the only card I controlled, I still couldn't activate it even if I had two spell/trap cards to send to the graveyard because I wouldn't know if the opponent could do the same.

Do I have it right? Thanks.

Last edited by Virtuozo on 2011-11-27, 08:56; edited 2 times in total

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: A few questions about removing from play

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-27, 08:55

For situation from 1 to 6: You're correct, couldn't said it better myself.
Situation 7: Sending by Hand Destruction is also part of the effects, and it works the same like Situation 6.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Virtuozo 2011-11-27, 09:05

Ok, thanks.

As for Situation 1, I know it's highly unlikely but if the opponent knew what the top card in their deck was (by the effect of Big Eye for example), they could declare an attack provided it was a spell/trap card, right?

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-27, 09:07

Still no, I supposed.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-11-27, 09:33

in order to be able to attack with fissure and servant you need to be able to verify the top card of your deck at that specific moment not being a monster and that is simply not possible unless you play Convulsion of Nature...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-11-27, 11:26

dest wrote:in order to be able to attack with fissure and servant you need to be able to verify the top card of your deck at that specific moment not being a monster and that is simply not possible unless you play Convulsion of Nature...

This is true only for OCG as far as TCG goes even with Convulsion Of Nature on the field you can't attack while Gravekeeper's Servant and Dimensional Fissure are face up on the field.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down