Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More questions

+3
BlackwingRa
Johnny Raptor
kumaxtreme
7 posters

Go down

More questions Empty More questions

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-06-26, 02:17

1) I take control of my opponent Reborn Tengu. Some turns later I decided to torrential tribute. Who will get the effect for Reborn Tengu?

2) Does Dimensional prison destroy a card? I had this situation where my opponent had a GB monster equip with Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield and he use that monster to attack me. I respond with dimensional prison. What will happen?

Archfiend Shield
Equip only to a "Gladiator Beast" monster. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, this card is destroyed instead. When the equipped monster is returned from your side of the field to the Deck, and this card is sent to the Graveyard, return this card to your hand.

According to the mod that shield will be remove instead. LOL

3) My opponent use soul exchange on my one only monster on the field and I chain forbidden lance on my monster. Will my monster not be tributed?

4) Green baboon defender of the forest is in my opponent grave. Can I use Divine wrath to stop it summoning.

5) My opponent activate pot of dualilty, he summon a monster, I chain torrential tribute, He has more than 2 monsters on his side of the field, and then he activate starlight road. Can he activate starlight road?

6)My opponent has a blackwing monster and he activate icarus attack. I only have one card on my side the field. Can he activate icarus attack?

I'm getting tired of people saying it works. so I need facts to prove them.

7) My opponent attack my face up scrap goblin. At the end of the phase it activate it effect by destroying itself. I summon Meklord grandal and activate scrap goblin effect on getting a scrap monster. By putting Meklord effect first in the chain, does solemn warning miss the timing?
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

More questions Empty Re: More questions

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-06-26, 02:22

kumaxtreme wrote:1) I take control of my opponent Reborn Tengu. Some turns later I decided to torrential tribute. Who will get the effect for Reborn Tengu?

Opponent gets the effect.

2) Does Dimensional prison destroy a card? I had this situation where my opponent had a GB monster equip with Gladiator Beast's Battle Archfiend Shield and he use that monster to attack me. I respond with dimensional prison. What will happen?

Dimensional Prison does not destroy... at all... what the hell of a Duelist did you Duel that said otherwise?

Archfiend Shield
Equip only to a "Gladiator Beast" monster. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, this card is destroyed instead. When the equipped monster is returned from your side of the field to the Deck, and this card is sent to the Graveyard, return this card to your hand.

According to the mod that shield will be remove instead. LOL

3) My opponent use soul exchange on my one only monster on the field and I chain forbidden lance on my monster. Will my monster not be tributed?

It is currently unaffected by Spell Cards, however it can still be tributed, at least that's what I've dealt with lately.

4) Green baboon defender of the forest is in my opponent grave. Can I use Divine wrath to stop it summoning.

Yes, yes you can.

5) My opponent activate pot of dualilty, he summon a monster, I chain torrential tribute, He has more than 2 monsters on his side of the field, and then he activate starlight road. Can he activate starlight road?

Yes, but he cannot Special Summon Stardust Dragon.

6)My opponent has a blackwing monster and he activate icarus attack. I only have one card on my side the field. Can he activate icarus attack?

Does he have another card to give up? He needs to kill 2 cards, not "up to 2 cards". Otherwise, no.

I'm getting tired of people saying it works. so I need facts to prove them.

7) My opponent attack my face up scrap goblin. At the end of the phase it activate it effect by destroying itself. I summon Meklord grandal and activate scrap goblin effect on getting a scrap monster. By putting Meklord effect first in the chain, does solemn warning miss the timing?

Meklords activate in the hand, so he'd HAVE to negate with Solemn Warning before it even hits the field.

Your answers are the bolded within the quote.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-06-26, 02:27

I heard that you can summon Meklord Grandel and miss the timing for solemn warning. From what I heard the meklord and scrap goblin effects happen at the same time. So you can choose which effect to go first.

Meklord (chain 1)
Goblin (chain 2)
Solemn warning (Chain 3) miss the timing cause solumn warning cant negate goblin effect.

Same with this
I want another person to check if I'm right.

My opponent has stardust dragon the field. I attacked a face card with Gb Gyzarus and tag out. I Tag out into Retari and murmilo. Both monsters came out at the same time and I get to choose which effect to start the chain.

Murmilo (Chain 1)
Retari (chain 2)
Stardust efffect (chain 3) miss the timming and stardust get destroy.
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-06-26, 05:23

kumaxtreme wrote:My opponent has stardust dragon the field. I attacked a face card with Gb Gyzarus and tag out. I Tag out into Retari and murmilo. Both monsters came out at the same time and I get to choose which effect to start the chain.

Murmilo (Chain 1)
Retari (chain 2)
Stardust efffect (chain 3) miss the timming and stardust get destroy.
You cannot choose which effect to start the chain here because Murmillo's effect is mandatory, Retiari's effect is optional so Murmillo will be chain 1, Retiari chain 2, and because of that, SD cannot activate its effect because Retiari's effect cannot be response by SD.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-26, 07:16

kumaxtreme wrote:

If Forbidden Lance is chained, the monster may not be tributed
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Train Heartnet 2011-06-26, 08:59

1. Since Reborn Tengu goes to it's owner graveyard he gets the effect and not you, the same applies for cards such as Sangan, Mystic Tomato etc...

2. Dimensional Prison does not destroy anything if it did Stardust Dragon would have been able to negate it, but since it Removes from play that cannot happen, thus your opponent cannot activate the effect of the quip spell card.

3. Yes because Forbidden Lance shields your monster from Spell and Trap effects until the end phase of the turn.

4. Yes you can, Divine Wrath can negate any effect that starts a chain.

5. Yes he can, for Starlight Road to work he has to have 2 or more cards that are going to be destroyed at the same time and he will negate Torrential Tribute, but remember summoning Stardust Dragon is optional so he still can activate Starlight Road.

6. If he had more then 1 Spell or Trap card on the field, he can activate it and target the other Spell/Trap card and your monster. If the only card he had was Icarus Attack and the Blackwing monster on the field he cannot activate Icarus Attack because Icarus Attack cannot pick itself for it's effect.

7. Yep Solemn Judgment will miss the timing, Goblin 1st eff activates destroying itslef, then Granel will activate summoning itslef, then Goblin's 2nd effect will kick in returning a Scrap Monster to the hand, making the activation of Warning invalid. Solemn Warning has to be chained directly to the card it negates.
Train Heartnet
Train Heartnet

Birthday : 1992-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-26, 09:33

Train Heartnet wrote:7. Yep Solemn Judgment will miss the timing, Goblin 1st eff activates destroying itslef, then Granel will activate summoning itslef, then Goblin's 2nd effect will kick in returning a Scrap Monster to the hand, making the activation of Warning invalid. Solemn Warning has to be chained directly to the card it negates.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since both of these effects are Optional won't your opponent get a chance to response to the summoning of Granell?

This isn't SEGOC(or is it?) so your opponent could activate Warning when you activate Granell eff? And then Scrap Goblin would resolve?
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Train Heartnet 2011-06-26, 09:44

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Train Heartnet wrote:7. Yep Solemn Judgment will miss the timing, Goblin 1st eff activates destroying itslef, then Granel will activate summoning itslef, then Goblin's 2nd effect will kick in returning a Scrap Monster to the hand, making the activation of Warning invalid. Solemn Warning has to be chained directly to the card it negates.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since both of these effects are Optional won't your opponent get a chance to response to the summoning of Granell?

This isn't SEGOC(or is it?) so your opponent could activate Warning when you activate Granell eff? And then Scrap Goblin would resolve?

To be honest I am not sure for that one.
Train Heartnet
Train Heartnet

Birthday : 1992-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-26, 10:18

Badass_Bunny wrote:

If Granel is chain link 1 while Goblin is chain link 2, your opponent may respond with Torrential after Granel is summoned.

If Goblin is chain link 1 while Granel is chain link 2, your opponent may respond with Solemn Warning to Granel's effect
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-06-26, 15:21

For number 3, I'm hearing two different answers. Can my monster be tributed or not?

Thank you Key explaining number 7
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-26, 15:31

it's like Key Said:
if the lance resolve before soul-exchange, the monster will still not be tribute-able because it's already immune to spell/trap.

if soul-exchange resolve earlier before lance, soul-exchange's effect will not be countered by forbidden lance.

If you use "Forbidden Lance" on a monster being affected by "Shrink", the ATK will be the halved original value minus 800. [1]
if the effect of non-permanent spell/trap is already lingering on the monster, forbidden lance won't do anything good.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down