Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck

4 posters

Go down

The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck Empty The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck

Post  Menace13 2012-01-20, 02:07

Have you ever thought that Lightsworns could mill faster than anything else?
-----
The Magical Merchant Turbo Deck
-----
As this isn't an archetype, this will be unlike most other guides for decks. There's only one NECESSARY card, everything else can change:

Magical Merchant:

Run 3. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Now that you know the key card, here's the point of the deck:
Run VERY few Spells/Traps, flip Magical Merchant, mill whole deck.
Using this method, you can get useful cards into the Graveyard.

This next section will briefly go over some cards that work well in all Merchant Turbo decks.

BASIC CARDS wrote:
Dandylion:
Run 1. No exceptions. Free 2 Tokens when milled or detached or destroyed or sent or Tributed... Why not?

Glow-Up Bulb:
Run 1. No exceptions. Free Level 1 Tuner from Graveyard. Why not?

Spore:
Run 0-1. Some people don't both with Spore or Lonefire, just using Dandylion and Glow-Up Bulb. All 4 is best if you want to get big Synchros easily.

Lonefire Blossom:
Run 0-1. Banish this for Spore effect if you haven't milled Dandylion, or use this for its actual effect.

Level Eater:
Run 1-2. Useful in correcting Levels for Synchroing what you need.

Sangan:
Run 1. No exceptions. Searches out Magical Merchant, can be gotten by...

Tour Guide from the Underworld:
Run 0 or 3, your pick. Gets Sangan, which searches Magical Merchant. Also makes Rank 3s.

Tour Bus from the Underworld:
Run 0-3, but only with 3 Tour Guide from the Underworld. Returns things you want in Deck, or ruins opponent's set-up.

Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite:
Run 1. Return various cards to your hand that can be Special Summoned, and Special Summon them again. Low cost, can work with Glow-Up Bulb for Shooting Quasar Dragon.

Maxx "C":
Run 2-3 in Main Deck if you have room; Side Deck the rest. Draw power is always useful. Since this deck relies on getting Magical Merchant early on, this can help you draw it.

Effect Veiler:
Run 2-3 in Main Deck if you have room; Side Deck the rest. You don't really have protection (almost no Spells/Traps) so this will keep you safer. In a mirror match, NEVER attack face-downs early on. Wait for them to flip them and use Veiler.

Gorz, Emissary of Darkness:
Run 1. No exceptions. Since you never have a backrow (most likely), if your opponent wipes out your monsters they can attack directly and you can Special Summon this. Wins games.

Tragoedia:
Run 2, if possible. Since you never have a backrow (most likely), you usually have a large hand. This card makes good use of that. Wins games. Works well with Synchro and Xyz.

Battle Fader:
Run at LEAST 1 in the Main Deck no MATTER what for search when Sangan dies. It WILL save you. If you don't run all 3 (which you should), then Side Deck the rest, no exceptions. It WILL save you. 99.9% guaranteed.

Danipon/Gokipon/Rai-Mei:
Run 0-3 of each. Your pick. I find that with 2 Maxx "C" and 3 Tour Guide and Sangan and 3 Magical Merchant, I get my Merchants easy enough. These searchers aren't necessary. I know ! Plants! would recommend them. Your choice.

Plaguespreader Zombie:
Run 0-1. It's not as useful as Bulb/Spore, but can come in handy.

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast:
Run 0-1. Not as useful as Zephyros, although they both have their uses.

Gallis the Star Beast:
Run 0-3, depending on your preference. Pick what works for you. The likelihood of milling one of the 3 or fewer Spells/Traps in the Deck is extremely unlikely, and you might mill a high Level monster. Can be reused by...

Genex Ally Birdman:
Run 0-3, depending on your preference and how much room you have. Pick what works for you. Can be used to return either of the two following cards and then re-Special Summon them. Deadly with the latter of the two, due to Synchro Summoning for R-Genex Locomotion afterwards.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning:
Run 0-1, depending on number of DARK and LIGHT monsters.

Chaos Sorcerer:
Run 0-2, depending on number of DARK and LIGHT monsters and personal preference. Run the above monster before you run ANY of this. Return and re-Special Summon with Birdman before Synchroing for R-Genex Locomotion.

Sephylon, the Ultimate Time Lord:
Run 1-2. If you run this, you should probably run...

Metaion, the Timelord:
Run 1, but only if you run Sephylon. It can get this with 4000 ATK from the Graveyard (*coughcough Magical Merchant Mill coughcough*). Also, this can protect you an entire turn, which can be life-saving.

ALRIGHT. Now that we've gone over the monsters that are run in the deck in general, we have to formulate an idea of what direction we want to go. We have a few choices in the Spell and Trap card zone. The Extra Deck is largely open to whatever the heck we feel like using. But before we do that, we have to choose an exact type of Deck. Here's a list of a large number of choices (there are dozens yet to be discovered):

Of course, all of these types of decks run their own types of cards, too. For this part, I'll just provide Decklists. Click on the name of any of those decks to see my decklist.

If somebody else wants to bother making this part of the guide actually split and detail every card and why it's used for each type of Merchant Turbo Deck, then feel free to. For now, feel free to ask me, Menace13, any questions about anything Magical Merchant. I consider myself to be the top Magical Merchant deck-maker on DN.

Thanks for reading my (rather bland) guide on the most fun Mirror Match decks of all time!
-Menace13

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Make sure your Side Deck always has Return from the Different Dimension in case you run into a Banish deck.
  • Keep 3 Effect Veiler, Maxx "C", and Battle Fader total between the Main Deck and Side Deck, no exceptions.
  • Thunder King Rai-Oh does NOT stop Magical Merchant. It simply sends the card you would add to your hand to the Graveyard along with the other cards
  • Not having Spells/Traps in your Deck WILL NOT MAKE YOU LOSE when you mill by Magical Merchant's effect. What you must do is show your opponent that you have no more Spells or Traps in your Deck (they can verify by looking thorugh your Deck) and then shuffle the Deck again. You will probably lose from not having milled what you needed to mill (for example, drawing all your Spells/Traps and not getting to mill at all), but you won't lose from being decked out.
  • The above point is the reason I always run at LEAST 2 Spells/Traps in a Magical Merchant Turbo Deck, except HERO Quasar (once you have Future Fusion you don't need to mill in order to get Future Fusion, duh!)
  • ALWAYS have Daigusto Emeral in your Extra Deck above all other Rank 4s. It can save you from a deckout if your Spells/Traps are the bottom 2-3 cards.
  • HAVE FUN!
Menace13
Menace13

Birthday : 1995-11-06

http://www.tremulous.net/

Back to top Go down

The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck Empty Re: The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck

Post  Farls_Barkley 2012-01-20, 15:34

Very nice guide, but I think you should mention Witch of the Black Rose as a borderline staple for this deck. In the best cas scenario, it is a +1 that can potentially synchro into Black Rose Dragon with Gallis. In the worse case scenario, it is dark food for boss monsters.
Farls_Barkley
Farls_Barkley

Back to top Go down

The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck Empty Re: The Master of Mill - A Basic Guide to ANY Magical Merchant Turbo Deck

Post  S.S.A. 2012-01-20, 18:51

i love chaos necromancer in my ls mm deck
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  WizardRubic 2012-02-02, 05:27

Awesome guide. I dislike the Reincarnations though. I prefer to just use Dark hole and Heavy storm as my spell line up. Sometimes Avarice, or Monster Reborn. I dislike it when merchant mill just 1 or no cards.

Also, a couple other variants:
Quickdraw/Simorgh
Overload Fusion+Machina (suppose this is kinda the dark one you mentioned but with machines)

Good luck with your mills.

WizardRubic
WizardRubic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down