Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunch of questions

+3
Hyaweh★kawa
KaousFaustXIII
kumaxtreme
7 posters

Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Bunch of questions

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-06-20, 15:24

1) Lets say I have 3 gb on the field. From left to right I have GB darius, samnite,and retari on the field. I decided to attack my opponent with Retari first, Samnite second, and darius last. What is the order for tagging out? I want to activate Retari effect of removing a card.

2) I'm attacking a face down Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter. Can I activate forbidden chalice to negate Ryko effect?

3) I'm playing against a dark world deck. My opponent summon a dark world monster and he has Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World in the grave. I respond to the summon successfully to the dark world monster with Torrential tribute. Can he activate Grapha effect and return the dark world monster that was summoned to his hand?

4) Malefic Stardust Dragon and skill drain are both on the field. Why can't skill drain negate efect of the Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects (condition effect)?

5)My opponent solemn warning my Gladiator Beast Gyzarus fusion summon. Can I monster reborn my Gladiator Beast Gyzarus?

6) My opponent summon Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, I solemn warning it, and he seven tools my trap. Can I activate Bottomless trap hole?

I think I know the answers but the players on DN are so arrogant and just care about winning. I think it is funny when I win the person will give me an A.S.S when I didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited by kumaxtreme on 2011-06-20, 16:00; edited 2 times in total
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Bunch of questions Empty Re: Bunch of questions

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-20, 15:48

1.) You can tag them any order you want.
2.) Forbidden Chalice can be activated in the damage step, specifically before Damage Calculation (when monsters are flipped face-up, before the ATK and DEF are compared) since its a Quickplay spell card that modifies ATK/DEF
3.) (not sure with this one) When the opponent summons a monster, if he chooses not activate any card in response to the summon, priority passes to you and allowing you to respond to the summon; in your case Torrential Tribute. He cannot choose to summon Grapha in "response" to the summon of his dark world monster, because the text that allows you to summon Grapha by returning a Dark World monster is a Summoning Condition and not a card effect.
4.) The effect of Malefic monsters that destroys themselves if there is no active field spell card is a Continuous Effect. Skill Drain negates this effect.
5.) No, Gyzarus is a semi-nomi monster
6.) After the current chain resolves (seven tools negates soelmn warning) Trishula's effect will activate starting a new chain, you can then respond with Bottomless Trap Hole (of course he still gets trish' effect).

hope i got all those right

Last edited by KaousFaustXIII on 2011-06-20, 17:40; edited 1 time in total
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kumaxtreme 2011-06-20, 15:52

About number 4, Skill drain can't negate the condition effect of sin stardust dragon can't be negated by skill drain. The condition effect is that Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects.
kumaxtreme
kumaxtreme

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-20, 16:43

@number 4, I thought you meant the effects of malefic monsters that destroys themselves. Anyway skill drain negates the Continuous Effect (not a condition effect) of Malefic Stardust Dragon that prevents Field Spell Cards from being destroyed by card effects.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-20, 18:22

@Number3:
I have never heard about grapha's effect doesn't starting chain. any link to at least a discussion concluding it?
So far, I doubt there's any card that can be special summoned by it's own effect/condition (ONLY) from grave is treated as an inherent summon.
but if it is, then so be it.

well grapha is an OCG card, so IRL, you wouldn't worry to have someone activating his effect in response to summon.But yeah, in DN, i guess it'd be an agreement of two player.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-20, 18:25

Hyaweh★kawa wrote:@Number3:
I have never heard about grapha's effect doesn't starting chain. any link to at least a discussion concluding it?
So far, I doubt there's any card that can be special summoned by it's own effect/condition (ONLY) from grave is treated as an inherent summon.
but if it is, then so be it.

well grapha is an OCG card, so IRL, you wouldn't worry to have someone activating his effect in response to summon.But yeah, in DN, i guess it'd be an agreement of two player.

Machina Fortress says hi
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-20, 18:26

didn't i say only from grave?
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-20, 18:28

Does it matter?
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Machina_Fortress
#2 Special Summoning this monster with its effect does not start a Chain, similar to Special Summoning Cyber Dragon.[1]

Machina Fortress' text:
You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard.

Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World's text:
You can return 1 face-up "Dark World" monster you control to the hand, except "Grapha, Dragon God of the Dark World", to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

but then of course there's teh japanese text, and the unreleased factor so... yeah...
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-20, 18:33

oh, sure
Plaguesprader Zombie
You can return 1 card from your hand to the top of the Deck to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you do, remove this card from play when it is removed from the field.
Quillbolt, Bulb and friends would probably worded similarly.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-20, 18:39

meh fine, as much as i would like to use wikia as reference, which says plague's effect is ignition, i trust wikia as much as you trust me.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizardmon 2011-06-21, 16:09

3) I'm playing against a dark world deck. My opponent summon a dark world monster and he has Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World in the grave. I respond to the summon successfully to the dark world monster with Torrential tribute. Can he activate Grapha effect and return the dark world monster that was summoned to his hand?

The answer is no he cannot active the effect of Grapha to the activation of Torrential Tribute because Grapha's effect is spell speed 1 and Torrent is spell speed 2. Therefore Grapha's effect to special summon is too slow.

4) Malefic Stardust Dragon and skill drain are both on the field. Why can't skill drain negate efect of the Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects (condition effect)?

It Does negate his effect that field spells cannot be destroyed, that is his continuous effect, his condition effect is "There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field". although this condition is negated on the field you cannot special summon another malefic from your hand since that effect is not negated in your hand, although if you book a malefic on the field you can special summon a malefic while it's in your hand then flip it over since it's effect on the field is negated.
Wizardmon
Wizardmon

Birthday : 1988-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-21, 18:55

Redshift wrote:Monsters that Summon themselves only from the Graveyard are Ignition.

Monsters that Summon themselves from the hand or Graveyard with the same effect are inherent.

Monsters that Summon themselves only from the hand are usually inherent but sometimes Ignition, which is just ruling based or specified in the wording.

"Dark Simorgh" has two different effects, so it fits the first category and third. The same effect doesn't Summon it from both locations, unlike "Machina Fortress".

And yea, Q & A next time. It's not hard to read forum descriptions.

I'm pretty sure Redshift got it all, he is the expert after all
;)
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-21, 19:05

Key wrote:I'm pretty sure Redshift got it all, he is the expert after all
Wink

well wikia says Grapha's first effect is a Summoning Condition, iz gonna need fixing Wink
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Inebriation 2011-06-22, 13:48

kumaxtreme wrote:1) Lets say I have 3 gb on the field. From left to right I have GB darius, samnite,and retari on the field. I decided to attack my opponent with Retari first, Samnite second, and darius last. What is the order for tagging out? I want to activate Retari effect of removing a card.

2) I'm attacking a face down Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter. Can I activate forbidden chalice to negate Ryko effect?

5)My opponent solemn warning my Gladiator Beast Gyzarus fusion summon. Can I monster reborn my Gladiator Beast Gyzarus?

6) My opponent summon Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, I solemn warning it, and he seven tools my trap. Can I activate Bottomless trap hole?

I think I know the answers but the players on DN are so arrogant and just care about winning. I think it is funny when I win the person will give me an A.S.S when I didn't do anything wrong.

3. No.

5. No. It was not successfully synchro summoned.

6. No. Bottomless Trap Hole is a spell speed two. Seven Tools of the Bandit is a spell speed three. Since you cannot add Bottomless Trap Hole to the chain, it begins to resolve. During resolution Trishula is successfully summoned. Bottomless has missed it's window of timing.

Inebriation

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-22, 13:57

Inebriation wrote:
3. No.

6. No. Bottomless Trap Hole is a spell speed two. Seven Tools of the Bandit is a spell speed three. Since you cannot add Bottomless Trap Hole to the chain, it begins to resolve. During resolution Trishula is successfully summoned. Bottomless has missed it's window of timing.

Do the honors Key
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-22, 14:37

Inebriation wrote:
3. No.

3) It still depends, right now Grapha most likely has an ignition effect (But anything can happen), so with that covered

My Priority Guide and I wrote:as the monster is summoned successfully, the Turn-Player has Priority to activate a monster’s Ignition effect or a Spell Speed 2+ effect. It does not have to be the Ignition effect of the monster you just summoned, it can be the Spore in your grave or Dark Simorgh in your hand.

5. You're right on the "No" part, but the reason is off, I'm pretty sure you meant special summon

6. There are 2 windows when a monster is being summoned
1st: Summon-Negation window- This is where cards that negate summons are only allowed to be activated as Chain Link 1, if any appropriate can be activated at chain Link 2

2nd: Summon Response window- This is when monsters are summoned successfully, where Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, and friends can be activated in response.

Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Inebriation 2011-06-22, 16:08

Key wrote:
Inebriation wrote:
3. No.

3) It still depends, right now Grapha most likely has an ignition effect (But anything can happen), so with that covered

My Priority Guide and I wrote:as the monster is summoned successfully, the Turn-Player has Priority to activate a monster’s Ignition effect or a Spell Speed 2+ effect. It does not have to be the Ignition effect of the monster you just summoned, it can be the Spore in your grave or Dark Simorgh in your hand.

5. You're right on the "No" part, but the reason is off, I'm pretty sure you meant special summon

6. There are 2 windows when a monster is being summoned
1st: Summon-Negation window- This is where cards that negate summons are only allowed to be activated as Chain Link 1, if any appropriate can be activated at chain Link 2

2nd: Summon Response window- This is when monsters are summoned successfully, where Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, and friends can be activated in response.

I did mean special summon. I didn't know about 6 Surprised and Grapha being able to bounce a monster after it's torrential-ed would be retarded.

Inebriation

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-22, 16:30

your opponent have to bounce his monster BEFORE you activate torrential.
//rulebook about spell-speed.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Inebriation 2011-06-22, 16:37

Hyaweh★kawa wrote:your opponent have to bounce his monster BEFORE you activate torrential.
//rulebook about spell-speed.

Obv.
//rulebook about priority and ignition effects.

Inebriation

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango 2011-06-23, 02:51

1) Any

2) Yes

3)No Its the same as bulb

4) Malefic Stardust Dragon does not keep eff

5)No

6) Yes but he gets the trig
Mango
Mango

Birthday : 1993-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-06-23, 04:45

Correct answer is already given by KaousFaustXIII and Key.
Locked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down